PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Fish...

ohdouger
07-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Has Fish's time come and gone. Awesome leadership, but is it time for him to be coming off the bench? He is terrible on defense, always reaching rather than moving his feet, seems a little slow in this day and age of the NBA. Has a hard time with quicker PG, Chris Paul will be a nightmare for him in the next couple of years. Is it time for us to either go get another/quicker point or start letting Farmar get max minutes?

Er1c
07-04-2008, 11:13 AM
hmmm i dont think he needs to come off the bench right now. he can still play for a year or two. and i think he plays "ok" defense and make good decisions. i think he does need to share some more time with jordan though. jordan needs time to develop into a great pg. so i think..keep fish in the starter position just for now

albertc86
07-04-2008, 01:49 PM
You're being unfair. Fisher is an above average defender, but this league has a lot of great young PG's, who can score on just about anyone. Paul, for example, is a nightmare for any PG --- not just Fish.

Reclaim
07-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Fisher has at least a good year or two left in the tank. Obviously, he's not as quick as we'd like, but it's hard when you're guarding the likes of Paul, Nash, Williams, and Parker seemingly every other night. I did think that he looked pretty tired during the latter half of the season though. Which is why I think Phil should give Farmar a lot more time this season, so Fisher can keep his legs fresh and his shot good deep into the postseason.

King_ar15
07-04-2008, 04:09 PM
We will know by towards the end of this year...

Fisher has been amazing.. But in reality he has to hit a decline somewhere.. Jordan is in his 3rd year..

if Jordan made any improvements in his game expect Phil to make the change.. Like Harper and Fish, and now Fish to Farmar..

Lakersfan2483
07-04-2008, 04:55 PM
D. Fish is not a bad defender, he takes charges, moves his feet, he gets in trouble with quicker guards, but he can still hold his own, you cant question what Fish brings to the table!! He was huge in terms of us making it to the Finals, Fish's defense on D. Williams was great, as good as you can do with great point guards, the thing is, the NBA has so many talented point guards that its' tough to matchup with them. Fish had to guard Iverson, Tony Parker, Deron Willams, Rondo, so many diff. guys with diff. strengths, he did an admirable job.

Farmar has to take the Job from Fish, he is not going to get it, he has to Take it, Fish has a lot of heart.

PrymaL
07-04-2008, 05:09 PM
He played good D in the playoffs in my opinion.

MJL
07-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Let us see how much Farmar improves this summer then deside...

BlackMambaKB24
07-04-2008, 05:42 PM
dont forget that Fish was playing with a partially torn tendon in his foot for about the last 20 games of the season and throughout the playoffs. he said it was fine but it had to at least bother him a bit

LA_Raiders
07-05-2008, 01:38 AM
If is not Fish then Who??? Farmer sucks at D too...

Storch
07-05-2008, 03:07 AM
lets get monta ellis. yeah i know its impossible. =[

Tymathee
07-05-2008, 06:36 AM
there's no other point guard in the league that can hold chris paul, and you complain cuz fish can't? Fisher holds his own, he gave D.Will fits before Utah figured out how to work it. I love Fish, especially since because he's always running off screens he knows how to tire out the opposing PG and fish knows how to hit the open shot when he gets it. PLus, his leadership has no monetary value...leave fish alone!

Iceman_9
07-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Why are we talking about D Fish's defense when we all know that he plays D? Trouble against CP3? Is there a guard out there who is not having trouble defending CP3?

Storch
07-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Dfish is effective off the bench, just watch his playoff games with utah last year. great offense off the bench. HE seemed more aggressive when he wasnt with in the starting lineup. I gues it gave him a sense of urgency that he hasnt put up the points to contribute yet by the time he gets in the game.

IndyFan
07-05-2008, 03:20 PM
i think it would be great if the lakers found a PG that was good enough to push fisher to the bench. farmar ain't that guy. so fish starts.

:)

Brooke
07-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Fish is a great defender. No one can guard Chris Paul, it isn't just him. Fish did cause problems for Deron Williams and did a good job on Parker. He was playing hurt, he is gonna be a starter as long as he is on the team and I would rather him be the starter. Someone who is experienced and good at what they do

He was a also a big part of why this team got as far as they did. He is a natural leader

matrixskillz
07-05-2008, 04:43 PM
i'll tell you about fish. great leader, high character, solid shooter and defender, makes up part of the heart and soul of this team. also made one of the greatest shots in laker history. anything else you need to know?

rhensley3
07-05-2008, 06:10 PM
so does that reasoning mean that ALL the shooting guards in the league suck, defensively, because kobe gets 30 or 40 on them? the lakers suck at TEAM defense...not individual "d". boston was effective defensively because when you drove around one of their guys, there would be another waiting for you. we just need to strengthen our team defense, from a mechanical standpoint. this game is 5 on 5...not a bunch of 1 on 1's.