PDA

View Full Version : Video Footage of 2002 WCF between Kings and Lakers(Game 6)

phlp_bj
07-04-2008, 09:02 AM
here are the highlights of game 6 of the 2002 wcf. this is the game that everyone said tim donaghy fixed the game. there is 3 parts to it. watch it quickly before the nba takes it down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcS10rSrOhI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlByVWEEXE8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0KJvlSUB-w&feature=related

Gmen824
07-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Why would the nba take it down?

Dirty Dirk41
07-04-2008, 11:04 AM
that **** makes me mad...Its clear the officiating is one sided....nba is a joke

LakeShow
07-04-2008, 11:06 AM
If the NBA really wanted to rig the game to extend the series for one more game, why did they let the game go down to a final shot? Referees hold so much power during a game, they could have easily made it into a comfortable victory by the Lakers, thereby ensuring game 7. Instead, the game was one on a lucky tap from a Sacramento Kings player to a power forward who happened to be standing behind the three point line and made the game winning three pointer.

IMO, if the NBA really wanted to rig the game, they would not have let it come down to the very last second. It would be an uneventful 10 point victory where the game/momentum was controlled by the Lakers.

Dirty Dirk41
07-04-2008, 11:13 AM
it be waaay obvious then if your fixing the game to have the lakers win convincingly

AgentViet
07-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Horrible officiating in favour of the Lakers clearly.

BADizzleBoY
07-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Wow, nice find phlp_bj.

Dirty Dirk41
07-04-2008, 11:22 AM
KINGS were getting just as hacked on there drives to the lane an NO CALLS...shaq just forced his way to the rim and got every call even with kings players just standing there with there arms in the air.....D.Bavetta is reffing every supposed "fixed" game...cowinky dink??

BADizzleBoY
07-04-2008, 11:23 AM
dont be hating on dickyb. I love that guy.

Ragun
07-04-2008, 11:23 AM
It didnt look that bad...I watched only the first part but there were some bad calls.

lakers4sho
07-04-2008, 01:53 PM
If the NBA really wanted to rig the game to extend the series for one more game, why did they let the game go down to a final shot? Referees hold so much power during a game, they could have easily made it into a comfortable victory by the Lakers, thereby ensuring game 7. Instead, the game was one on a lucky tap from a Sacramento Kings player to a power forward who happened to be standing behind the three point line and made the game winning three pointer.

IMO, if the NBA really wanted to rig the game, they would not have let it come down to the very last second. It would be an uneventful 10 point victory where the game/momentum was controlled by the Lakers.

:clap::clap::clap:

gangis2169
07-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Sorry watched all videos and Im still not convinced.. Kings just got outplayed the way the Lakers did this year against Boston

King Koopa
07-04-2008, 02:50 PM
It didnt look that bad...I watched only the first part but there were some bad calls.

Well watch the whole thing part 3 is the worst, Bibby gets hit right in the Face, by kobe and the sad thing about is that the Rif is looking right at him too, and doesnt even call it. Wow David Stern is a jack ***, you call tell the Kings were the Better team by far.

King Koopa
07-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Sorry watched all videos and Im still not convinced.. Kings just got outplayed the way the Lakers did this year against Boston

BRO, ARE YOU CRAZY EVERYTIME BIBBY DROVE IN HE GOT HIT HARD *** HELL AND THEY DIDNT CALL ANYTHING, SHAQ WHO WEIGHTS 200 MORE POUNDS THEN HE DOES, GETS HIS SHIRT TOUCHED AND THEY CALL A FOUL. WOW WHO EVER CANT SEE THAT THE RIFs WERE CHEATING, THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT TOO TELL YOU, AND ANOTHER THING THAT YOU HAVE TO REMEBER IS THAT BACK THEN THERE WAS MORE CONTACT BETWEEN PLAYERS, NOW IN DAYS FOR JUST LOOKING AT SOMEONE, THEY CALL A FOUL.

Silver.
07-04-2008, 02:58 PM
lol the lakers three-peat*

King Koopa
07-04-2008, 03:05 PM

Well, its pretty simple the kings were the BETTER TEAM, i understand that your a laker fan, but you have too see the dumb asssss calls they make for no reason, When webber blocked kobe they called a foul, when bibby gets hit in the face by kobe they didnt call a foul, when fisher grabs bibbys hand to steal the ball they didnt call foul, when you just put up your hand, when defending shaq you get call for a foul, When kobe and Webber got into it, they only called a tech on webber, when Vade gets pushed on the back by george they call tech on Vade and George. Bro i can go all day with stuid calls they made, EVEN THE BOARDCASTERS WERE SAYING HOW ONE SIDED THE CALLS WERE. Im pretty sure your just covering both of your eyes because your a laker fan. And about the close game, the only reason it was a close game was because of the Dumb calls, the kings should of won by at least 25 points that game. This game should of been a Blow out by the kings.

united41290
07-04-2008, 03:17 PM
wow...nice investigating

SeoulBeatz
07-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Quick note;

notice how only the lakers fans are defending the refs? hell i would to if it were my sixers in their place, but its clear that this game was tampered with.

and I was ROOTING FOR THE LAKERS THIS YEAR. I actually like the lakers, but u cant deny that the lakers got A LOT of help from the refs in game 6.

Kings Faithful
07-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Wth, the I put these video's up here like a month ago. This guy doesn't deserve good investigating remarks....i didn't get them. >:(Lol. Still Kings got screwed. King Koopa speaks truth!

dawgsfan_45
07-04-2008, 03:36 PM

How do you not think this game was fixed? How obvious does it have to be? The only reason it was close is the Kings were just THAT much better than the lakers. What they would do was they'd let the kings get a small lead-maybe 5 or even 8 point- then they would start making lopsided calls in LA's favor. It was just a cycle. Thats how it was close. These refs arent noobs they've been reffing for a loooong time.

Kings Faithful
07-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Refs are scum, I'll never trust another ref. I hate them. I just love how Shaq rapes Fundi in the second video. I've seen alot more innocent fouls that got 1 game suspensions, and he didn't even get an effing flagrant. Any other game in the history of the NBA that would have been a flagrant. Ridiculous.

PaRappaTheRapta
07-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Watching this made me extremely angry...sucks that both the Lakers "Dynasty" isn't necessarily as dominant as what I thought...and that the Kings really got jacked...

Chronz
07-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Nothin substantial about these videos, like Stern said. Go back and review the tapes you'll come away knowing the Lakers got some favorable calls but they didnt rig the game.

The free throw disparity isnt that huge when you consider the hack a shaqs and the fact that the Lakers were repeatedly attacking the rim all game long.

tonyd3b54
07-04-2008, 03:49 PM
you laker fans are hilarious...the kings out played the lakers big time in this game... the only reason y this is remotely close is becuase of the officiating... the fact that the kings kept the game as close as it is tell u how well they converted on the few oppurtunies they were given...

Chronz
07-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Well, its pretty simple the kings were the BETTER TEAM, i understand that your a laker fan, but you have too see the dumb asssss calls they make for no reason, When webber blocked kobe they called a foul, when bibby gets hit in the face by kobe they didnt call a foul, when fisher grabs bibbys hand to steal the ball they didnt call foul, when you just put up your hand, when defending shaq you get call for a foul, When kobe and Webber got into it, they only called a tech on webber, when Vade gets pushed on the back by george they call tech on Vade and George. Bro i can go all day with stuid calls they made, EVEN THE BOARDCASTERS WERE SAYING HOW ONE SIDED THE CALLS WERE. Im pretty sure your just covering both of your eyes because your a laker fan. And about the close game, the only reason it was a close game was because of the Dumb calls, the kings should of won by at least 25 points that game. This game should of been a Blow out by the kings.
Better teams dont choke when the pressure and the game are on the line. Im sorry, yes you were a great team but clutching on to these vidz like they are proof of a championship stolen makes you look sad.

They blew a few calls big whoop its not why the Kings lost their chances at a title.

Kings Faithful
07-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Better teams dont choke when the pressure and the game are on the line. Im sorry, yes you were a great team but clutching on to these vidz like they are proof of a championship stolen makes you look sad.

They blew a few calls big whoop its not why the Kings lost their chances at a title.

Your ridiculous, the Lakers were OBVIOUSLY favored. The Kings were easily the better team, don't even start that. And its not just Kings fans who are saying we should have won buddy, its pretty much fans from every team that isn't the Lakers. It wasn't a few calls. It was a plethora of calls, and it is why the Kings chances were blown.

Chronz
07-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Your ridiculous, the Lakers were OBVIOUSLY favored. The Kings were easily the better team, don't even start that. And its not just Kings fans who are saying we should have won buddy, its pretty much fans from every team that isn't the Lakers. It wasn't a few calls. It was a plethora of calls, and it is why the Kings chances were blown.

No they werent "favored" they just got the benefit of the doubt similar to how the Kings did earlier in the series, game 5 I think it was. Better teams dont disappear with both the pressure and the game on the line. Im not a Laker fan so my existence pretty much disproves your every fan outside of Lakerdom theory. It was a FEW bad calls, and the again the free throw disparity wasnt so huge when you count the hack a shaqs and the fact that Kobe+Shaq out-willed the entire Kings team combined, even Rick Fox showed more heart than anyone outside of Bibby on the Kings.

You know whos opinion I respect more than yours, Roland Beech and he did an extensive breakdown of the very same footage: http://82games.com/lakerskingsgame6.htm

KEY POINTS

I don't see grounds to think there was a conspiracy at work here. Still let me be proactive in trying to address some of the likely counterpoints people may raise.

* Someone might argue that the refs weren't explicitly looking to fix a game, but to just give the benefit of the doubt to the Lakers where tough calls arose.
That's a tougher argument to refute since the Lakers did indeed get the calls as a whole. The reality is the NBA features a pronounced home court advantage and while some of it may come from having the crowd on your side, knowing the arena, the comfort of staying at your home instead of a hotel, etc there's also likely a touch of ref favoritism to the home team without any malicious intent. As stated earlier, the Lakers had some likely gripes about the game five calls so it's probably fair to say over the seven game series that both teams were at times helped and hurt by the officiating. Maybe I need to look at game seven, game five, and game four, and...

* Come on! The Lakers took 40 free throws to 25 for the Kings!
Yes that's true, but let's extract the six that came from intentional fouls so it's now 34 to 25. And having watched this game all the way through twice with many plays reviewed over and over, there was a clear difference in aggressiveness between the two teams. The Lakers were incessantly taking the ball into the paint and to the basket, while the Kings took more outside shots. That's not to say there weren't bad calls but the free throw discrepancy doesn't surprise me.

* What about star treatment from the refs?
This is a fair criticism I believe. Guys like Scott Pollard and Lawrence Funderburke seemed to get away with a lot less jostling with Shaq in the paint than Vlade Divac did. There was some interesting dialogue on this point though from Steve Jones and Bill Walton who commented that part of Pollard's problem was sticking his arms up too soon. There was also a huge collision at one point between Medvedenko and a flopping Pollard with no call...neither player has enough status to get a call? One illegal screen call in the game, yup that was on Pollard. So I agree there does seem to be issues with different standards and allowances for different players.

* O'Neal has earned himself a spot in the Hall of Fame, not on talent but on being so big that when he moves someone out of position, it's a foul on the defender's stomach and not on his forearm going into the defender's throat
It's not the place of this article to really assess how refs have called Shaq's game through his career. I should point out though that in this game Shaq only had two dunks and the vast majority of his baskets were touch shots from 6-10 feet away. Yes he got to the line a lot, but he also had the ball a ton and had two guys draped over him most of the time. The other nice thing about Shaq is that he never seemed to complain to the ref himself, whereas Kobe, Bibby and others would look at the ref after almost every missed shot asking for a call.

* What's with your funky "points system"? Shaq goes to the line and sometimes it's a no cost call?
We can debate the 'ref points' calculations but fundamentally I looked at the subsequent events, so if Shaq only made 1 of 2 free throws then it was pretty much a break even call since the average possession is worth (roughly) one point. Likewise there were a couple of plays where the Kings could justifiably have expected a foul called on the Lakers when the Kings missed a shot, but when the shooter grabbed the miss and put it right back up for a follow up basket I treated it as a zero cost "no call" since the Kings actually scored a basket on the full sequence rather than having to earn it at the line. Admittedly there was no consideration of foul trouble implications on the points values.

* Bavetta off the hook? Are you kidding me, four dubious calls and all in favor of the Lakers?
Well Bavetta did have some bad calls in my view, but several of them were in part due to bad angles. In the first quarter there was a mysterious phantom and one call on Bibby on a Kobe shot where Bavetta was on the baseline and Kobe was at the free throw line with Bibby in front...so bad angle there. In the third quarter there was a horrible sequence for the Kings where Bibby was dribbling on the left side and Fisher hit his arm and then the ball with no call from Bavetta, but again Dick had a bad angle with Bibby in front of him so he may not have seen the hit on the arm, just the later contact by Fisher on the ball itself. Still this one hurt since it led to a Lakers fastbreak three-point play the other way. Bavetta's calls also did seem to tighten up in the fourth quarter...contact that he was letting go by without a whistle in the first three quarters suddenly seemed much more severe than contact getting whistles down the stretch. So a bad game for Bavetta? Yes. A rigged game? I don't think so.

* Face it, the NBA just wants the big time playoff matchups to go the distance
Really? If so they do a lousy job of manipulating results! In the past ten seasons only one NBA final has gone seven games, and only four out of twenty conference finals have gone the distance. In other words, out of thirty key best of seven series, only five have maxed out the games. In contrast, eleven of those series didn't even reach a game six!

Aapox
07-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Nothin substantial about these videos, like Stern said.

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. You see a few blown calls in a game but not like 15... You better change your religion if you can't see how badly the Kings were slighted.

Do you even understand how hard it would be to win a game when your team feels like it's not only playing against one of the best teams in the league BUT the refs too?

Chronz
07-04-2008, 04:15 PM
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. You see a few blown calls in a game but not like 15... You better change your religion if you can't see how badly the Kings were slighted.

Do you even understand how hard it would be to win a game when your team feels like it's not only playing against one of the best teams in the league BUT the refs too?

I didnt realize making your free throws and stepping up like a true champion when it matters was so hard. If the Kings failed to do so then thats their fault, NOT the refs. And no there were a few blown calls but nothing to suggest it was RIGGED.

LA412
07-04-2008, 04:19 PM
ok dirty dirk.......u hate the lakers......we get it

Kings Faithful
07-04-2008, 04:32 PM
No they werent "favored" they just got the benefit of the doubt similar to how the Kings did earlier in the series, game 5 I think it was. Better teams dont disappear with both the pressure and the game on the line. Im not a Laker fan so my existence pretty much disproves your every fan outside of Lakerdom theory. It was a FEW bad calls, and the again the free throw disparity wasnt so huge when you count the hack a shaqs and the fact that Kobe+Shaq out-willed the entire Kings team combined, even Rick Fox showed more heart than anyone outside of Bibby on the Kings.

We wern't given the benefit of the doubt in game 5. Have you watched game 5 recently or do you just remember that we won so you automatically think we got the benefit of the doubt? Ok and about this hack a shaq thing. Most of our foul calls were on our big men (Webber, Divacs, Pollard). Without our big men in the game we were doomed against Shaq, and the refs knew that. Both Pollard and Divacs fouled out and Webber had 5 fouls, i can tell you right now those three players wern't told to hack a Shaq because we couldn't risk giving them fouls. What about Webbers 1 1/2 seconds in the key call, while shaq basically lived down their and never got any 3 in the keys. Explain Shaq's constant infringement of the rules by stepping over the free-throw line on every single free throw. Explain Shaqs none flagrant when he leveled Funderburke in the face. Explain Bibby's bloody nose after Bryant clearly elbowed him in the face right in front of an official (Artest got suspended for something way less severe last year). You can't explain those, you go straight to the "IT WAS THE HACK A SHAQ THAT MADE IT LOOK LOPSIDED". The Lakers did not show more heart in games 1-6. They might have shown more in 7 because to tell you the truth, the Kings were flat out devastated by game 6.

LakeShow
07-04-2008, 04:36 PM

Quick note;
notice how only the lakers fans are defending the refs? hell i would to if it were my sixers in their place, but its clear that this game was tampered with.

and I was ROOTING FOR THE LAKERS THIS YEAR. I actually like the lakers, but u cant deny that the lakers got A LOT of help from the refs in game 6.

How do you not think this game was fixed? How obvious does it have to be? The only reason it was close is the Kings were just THAT much better than the lakers. What they would do was they'd let the kings get a small lead-maybe 5 or even 8 point- then they would start making lopsided calls in LA's favor. It was just a cycle. Thats how it was close. These refs arent noobs they've been reffing for a loooong time.
No where in my post do I suggest that the game was evenly officiated. As a matter of fact, I never really commented on the officiating. I do, in fact, acknowledge that the game was poorly officiated--there was a large free throw shooting discrepancy (although the argument can be made that this was due to the Lakers attacking the painted area more, however I never feel that this is an adequate argument...)

What my original post intended to argue was this notion that the game was rigged. As I said before, if the game were rigged, how could the referees stand there and allow the game to be judged on a lucky bounce? One or two extra calls would have made the end decided before the clock read zeros--not as the clock turned to zero. Referees control the tempo of the game and they control what players are able to be on the floor. If the game were truly fixed, why not call a foul as Kobe drove to the basket? Force the game into overtime, where they could continue to call fouls against the Kings and allow the Lakers to win in "dramatic fashion".

Blackout
07-04-2008, 04:41 PM
This game was no worst than alot of playoff games this year alone

Musical Tempo
07-04-2008, 04:56 PM
The calls are horrible and they usually called it on the players that do play poor defense but in reality they played proper defense like Polard, and Peja got calls but they played prop defense. Bobby Jackson also got rapped every time he had the ball and not one call was made. Just horrible officiating, this the reason why I didnt watch as much NBA game during those years I got too heated over the calls.

lowdown32
07-04-2008, 05:17 PM
lol the lakers three-peat*

the refs didnt make them shot airballs from the outside in game 7 and watch game5 first , then rethink the *, the kings got scared in game7 and chocked at home to the LAKERS.I remember Shaq whipped the sweet of his forehead and tossed the towl at the sacramento fans after the LAKERS won.

Chronz
07-04-2008, 05:26 PM
We wern't given the benefit of the doubt in game 5. Have you watched game 5 recently or do you just remember that we won so you automatically think we got the benefit of the doubt?
No I remember all the dumb Laker fans thinking the refs screwed them and why they lost. But to answer your question I have the entire series on my HD.

Ok and about this hack a shaq thing. Most of our foul calls were on our big men (Webber, Divacs, Pollard). Without our big men in the game we were doomed against Shaq, and the refs knew that. Both Pollard and Divacs fouled out and Webber had 5 fouls, i can tell you right now those three players wern't told to hack a Shaq because we couldn't risk giving them fouls. What about Webbers 1 1/2 seconds in the key call, while shaq basically lived down their and never got any 3 in the keys.
Well since you know what gos on in the huddle tell me then, who did Adelman tell to hack shaq? You want to nitpick then explain why players were able to double armbar Shaq in the post? If you wanted to follow the literal meaning of the rule book then pretty much all of the Kings bigmen shouldve fouled out.

Explain Shaq's constant infringement of the rules by stepping over the free-throw line on every single free throw.
LMAO This is why its hard to take Kings claims seriously, you guys are nitpicking over bs like Shaqs free throw routine. Yes that REALLY cost you guys the game. But on this point arent the players suppose to stay in line until the ball hits the rim? Kings players stepped in as early as Shaq did..

Explain Shaqs none flagrant when he leveled Funderburke in the face. Explain Bibby's bloody nose after Bryant clearly elbowed him in the face right in front of an official
OK I will: Shaq is one of the most beat upon bigmen in the history of the game, the way he is defended is almost always illegal but the refs dont bail him out on those calls so he earns them. Funderburke was in the wrong place at the wrong time, if your complaining about Shaqs physicality then your going to lose. Kobe didnt intentionally elbow Bibby, the reason they didnt call it was because in REAL-TIME it didnt look all that serious, Kobe tried to get through just like he would in any other in-bound play when facing pressure up front. This time Bibbys nose was in the way, that combined with the Kings being notorious for flopping is what got Kobe the ball. Again NONE of this cost you the game.

That would be like me complaining about the non-call on the moving pick at the end of a game that allowed Bibby to hit that jumper.

(Artest got suspended for something way less severe last year).
So did Kobe whats your point....

You can't explain those, you go straight to the "IT WAS THE HACK A SHAQ THAT MADE IT LOOK LOPSIDED".
Yet another example of your foolishness, I mention the hack a shaq because it cuts down the free throw disparity genius. Thats all

The Lakers did not show more heart in games 1-6. They might have shown more in 7 because to tell you the truth, the Kings were flat out devastated by game 6.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night man I really dont care, Lakers won because they had the heart of a champion and proved it with their 3-peet. Kings had no heart when it mattered, that is why they lost the series and probably why they fell off so quick after that.

Kings Faithful
07-04-2008, 05:27 PM
I hope the full version of this game gets out to the public at some time because im sick of having to defend the Kings and i want the footage to do it. It doesn't work with youtube vids because people just pull the whole, "you can take highlights from any game and do this" card. I wish i recorded it when it came on last year on the NBA tv, as part of their greatest games of all time thing.

Chronz
07-04-2008, 05:29 PM
No where in my post do I suggest that the game was evenly officiated. As a matter of fact, I never really commented on the officiating. I do, in fact, acknowledge that the game was poorly officiated--there was a large free throw shooting discrepancy (although the argument can be made that this was due to the Lakers attacking the painted area more, however I never feel that this is an adequate argument...)

What my original post intended to argue was this notion that the game was rigged. As I said before, if the game were rigged, how could the referees stand there and allow the game to be judged on a lucky bounce? One or two extra calls would have made the end decided before the clock read zeros--not as the clock turned to zero. Referees control the tempo of the game and they control what players are able to be on the floor. If the game were truly fixed, why not call a foul as Kobe drove to the basket? Force the game into overtime, where they could continue to call fouls against the Kings and allow the Lakers to win in "dramatic fashion".

LMAO I know right, if the Refs are fixing these games then they sure as hell are doing a horrible job at it.

Chronz
07-04-2008, 05:30 PM
I hope the full version of this game gets out to the public at some time because im sick of having to defend the Kings and i want the footage to do it. It doesn't work with youtube vids because people just pull the whole, "you can take highlights from any game and do this" card. I wish i recorded it when it came on last year on the NBA tv, as part of their greatest games of all time thing.

Would you like me to provide the download link for the full game, Im sick of people posting these youtube vids also, thats why Roland did his analysis. You could try to do the same but I'll be here to make sure you dont make false statements.

_Sn1P3r_
07-04-2008, 05:58 PM
It's so funny how the refs are trying to be slick and not make it obvious they're fixing the games but everyone could tell they are rigging it.

KillerB
07-04-2008, 06:09 PM
the NBA has been struggling since MJ left everybody knows that...i don't think the games are rigged like the WWF but more like the refs in big game situations are given an outline of how the nba wants the game to play out therefore they can control the rythm and the pace of the game by calling fouls and what not...i mean traveling could be called about 50% of the time...as a spurs fan i have seen tony and manu run to the rim like a fullback and take 4 steps and there is no call...the refs have a huge influence think about the phoenix series with shaq getting over the foul line calls against him and superstars avoiding calls they clearly commited just by a scrub teamate raising there hand...it's frustrating because the refs have so much influence it is hard to tell if they are or arent fixing a game and wether or not one team is beating the other.

Vegasguy80
07-04-2008, 06:38 PM
There are three refs. One ref CANNOT single handedly change a game that much. Get over it Kings fans.

Kings Faithful
07-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Would you like me to provide the download link for the full game, Im sick of people posting these youtube vids also, thats why Roland did his analysis. You could try to do the same but I'll be here to make sure you dont make false statements.

Yes i want the download link to game 5 and 6. Why are you defending the Lakers so much? If you arn't a fan then why can't we believe we got royally screwed? Whether it was rigged or not, the Refs had a HORRIBLE (worst in history) night, and whether it was on purpose or not we were at the bad end of it, and it cost us the game. Even when we tried to fight back at the end a call stopped us. There would have been no game 7. Why do you have to get all defensive because i want believe that we deserved to win 1 title. We were the better team, the Kings have never won aside from when they were the royals back in the 50's. The Lakers win other damned year so why can't i believe we deserved it once. It could be another 50 years before the Kings get a chance like that, and the 1 time we had the refs screwed us. There was something wrong, and no matter what your biased *** has to say about it im going to continue to believe it. If it was your team whoever they are you would have gone insane, just because you have a secrete love affair with the Lakers you think you have to prove everyone wrong. By the way, yeah shaq went over the line and if rules were called right we would of won the game if the refs just called that. So in a sense you could say that alone cost us the series. If 2 or 3 more calls were made correct in game 6 we would have been world champs. No doubt about it.

Kings Faithful
07-04-2008, 06:52 PM
There are three refs. One ref CANNOT single handedly change a game that much. Get over it Kings fans.

2 of the three were alleged to be in on it. Get your facts straight before you say anything about us again.

King Koopa
07-04-2008, 08:41 PM
First of all tell me one time that a Team shoots over 25 freethrowns in one Qt. Another thing is Chronz THE BASKETBALL KNOW IT ALL, is the one person in this Forum that thinks the game wasnt Rigged, Kings could of Beaten the Lakers by 25 points, only reason you people were in the game were because of the Rifs. Every time the Rifs noticed that the King were getting away with the game they started to call crappy fouls. So just open up that Eye patch of yours and take a better look at the game.

BleedPurple
07-04-2008, 10:25 PM
So it was fixed...............now what???????

Chronz
07-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Yes i want the download link to game 5 and 6. Why are you defending the Lakers so much? If you arn't a fan then why can't we believe we got royally screwed? Whether it was rigged or not, the Refs had a HORRIBLE (worst in history) night, and whether it was on purpose or not we were at the bad end of it, and it cost us the game. Even when we tried to fight back at the end a call stopped us. There would have been no game 7. Why do you have to get all defensive because i want believe that we deserved to win 1 title. We were the better team, the Kings have never won aside from when they were the royals back in the 50's. The Lakers win other damned year so why can't i believe we deserved it once. It could be another 50 years before the Kings get a chance like that, and the 1 time we had the refs screwed us. There was something wrong, and no matter what your biased *** has to say about it im going to continue to believe it. If it was your team whoever they are you would have gone insane, just because you have a secrete love affair with the Lakers you think you have to prove everyone wrong. By the way, yeah shaq went over the line and if rules were called right we would of won the game if the refs just called that. So in a sense you could say that alone cost us the series. If 2 or 3 more calls were made correct in game 6 we would have been world champs. No doubt about it.

Because saying the game is fixed is totally different than saying the refs had an off night. And you have no basis behind your characterization of me, suggesting I wouldve gone crazy is true but once the moment passes me and I seE the game again I find there are several reasons why my team may have lost. The Kings were such a team, the Rockets vs Mavs a few years back was also, the refs did them a disservice but its not what cost them the series. If your pointing to 1 single game for your team losing a 7 game series then you have no argument. I understand it was a key moment for a franchise filled with very few of them, they were still a great team, just not great enough.

By the way my question regarding shaq was about the players taking a step into the lane even as Shaq is shooting. And LMAO yes keep telling yourself that Shaqs free throw violation is what cost you the game, if it wasnt for that full 2 inches you guys wouldve won a title lol..... remember my part about if your taking the literal definition of the rule book then your bigs wouldve been fouled out by the first half. Get a clue.... stop blaming the refs for your team CHOKING