PDA

View Full Version : Warriors May Target Iguodala and Josh Smith

phlp_bj
07-04-2008, 08:21 AM
The Warriors became players in free-agent negotiations after Baron Davis opted out of his contract Monday, and they could be the chief challengers to the Sixers, not only for Elton Brand but also for Josh Smith and Andre Iguodala.

The Warriors have big offers on the table for two unrestricted free agents, Brand and guard Gilbert Arenas, who has been given a sizable contract proposal by his old team, the Washington Wizards. An NBA source said that, should both players spurn Golden State, the Warriors would go after who they feel are the best restricted free agents on the market: Smith and Iguodala.

**** acknowledged that there was interest throughout the league in Smith, but would not comment on which teams.

The Sixers can match any offer made to Iguodala, who apparently is standing by to see how the team fares with Smith before he begins talks with the team.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20080704_Smith_leaves_impressed_but_without_76ers_ offer.html

Mile High Champ
07-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Warriors are not getting either of these players, not a chance.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-04-2008, 08:57 AM
Igoudala would take a paycut to stay in Philly, and were most likely going to get either Josh or Elton...

ra8erfan111
07-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Warriors might as well accept the fact that Baron stuck it to them, and now they are scrambling to try patch up the big hole that he left. I do applaud their efforts though! They really need Monta to step up in a major way this year for them. Oh, my answer to this thread is not no but hell no!

PDT4LIFE
07-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Igoudala would take a paycut to stay in Philly, and were most likely going to get either Josh or Elton...

Wow, I couldn't DISAGREE more with everything you have said. Iggy is not looking to take a paycut to stay in Philly (if so, he would have accepted the 57 million extension during the current year). Elton Brand is definately staying on the West Coast (where the Clips & Warriors have more money to offer). Although Josh Smith would like to come to Philly, Atlanta will resign him at any cost and let Childress walk to do so.
:smoking:

Bosh=nextKG
07-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Well the Hawks said they dont wanna pay him more than 8 mill a year so the warriors could get him with 10 mill a year and Maggette should be a warrior if he wants money. they r the only team offering more than the mid level exception

Dirty Dirk41
07-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Sixer fans keep dreaming if you think your getting Brand. Hes got B-Diddy hes staying in L.A. J.Smith is a possibility. Warriors Would be SIIIICK if they could snag BOTH A.I and J.S.

M.Ellis
A.Iguodala
S.Jackson
J.Smith
A.Briedens

AgentViet
07-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Iggy or Smith would be nasty in the Warriors' line up, too bad B-Didd left.

superkegger
07-04-2008, 01:19 PM

haha. keep dreaming. Brand most likely isn't leaving LA, but if he does, it will be for the 90 mil GS is offering.

Donít get your hopes up on Josh Smith. I was told heís Atlantaís Monta - they arenít letting him go. Philadelphia and Detroit are reportedly hot after him. I hope the Warriors are in that max (Iím a big Josh Smith fan). But it looks like it wonít matter. Theyíre planning to match - though Iím sure an offer sheet for the max would make the Hawks at least think twice.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2008/07/03/plan-c-corey-maggette/

TheShock45
07-04-2008, 01:31 PM
anybody else think its hilarious that the guys name is censored hahaha

Sixers will keep iggy no matter what

and we will also acquire one of the Josh's

My problem is Stephen A SMith it *****in that we are missing out on Corey Maggette

Am i the only one who thinks this but ****!!! corey maggete

HOZ THE KNICK
07-04-2008, 02:09 PM
they are targeting 2 guys that are restricted their chances is unlikely.

theimortalone
07-04-2008, 02:17 PM
They wont get either of them. If J.Smith goes to Phila then Iguodala will stay in Phila.

Nets fan 93
07-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Man I wish they could snag both :D
We would bet better than Philly easilly!

Master Mind
07-04-2008, 02:50 PM
The Warriors better take care of Monta Ellis first...

united41290
07-04-2008, 03:19 PM
6ers will match any offer for iggy, and most likely going to get smith also....dam those warriors, ever since they left philly they are tryin to screw us over x(

superkegger
07-04-2008, 03:23 PM
why are philly fans so confident they'll get josh smith? :confused:

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Billups
Ellis
Jackson
Smith
Biedrins

bayareafan650
07-04-2008, 03:52 PM
The warriors can afford them without a doubt. They have OVER 30 mil to play with and it all depends if mullin feels its worth it to throw that kind of money at these 2 guys. If they got both, they would have a sick team.

daveman2108
07-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Sixers are building around Iggy, no chance. Now come on Sixers and go get some talent

_Sn1P3r_
07-04-2008, 06:00 PM
The warriors can afford them without a doubt. They have OVER 30 mil to play with and it all depends if mullin feels its worth it to throw that kind of money at these 2 guys. If they got both, they would have a sick team.

I agree. They both can play in the open floor and especially a team like GS, they're bound to get some easy dunks.

BlondeBomber41
07-04-2008, 06:11 PM
why are philly fans so confident they'll get josh smith? :confused:

Because they are stupid. Its become pretty obvious the Hawks will match any Josh Smith offers.

BADizzleBoY
07-04-2008, 06:22 PM
we aren't stupid, we want to win.

BlondeBomber41
07-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Well any fan wants to win, doesnt mean you get whatever players you want. Big name restricted free agents never change teams.

SeoulBeatz
07-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Well any fan wants to win, doesnt mean you get whatever players you want. Big name restricted free agents never change teams.

true, but is it wrong to hope?