PDA

View Full Version : Who will have the best year in 2008: Brandan Wright, Randolph, Belinelli or Hendrix?

garlicboy
07-04-2008, 02:27 AM
So, who do you think will have the best year?

I say Randolph or Marco

Anthony Randolph IF: we trade Al and Jackson

Marco IF: we don't resign Azubuike

TMac, votes for Brandan Wright.

This would be a nice poll question.

OneOpportunity
07-04-2008, 02:38 AM
1. Wright- As long as Brand remains a Clipper, Wright will get the best opportunity to shine. We saw last year the potential he had in the short stints he had when given playing time. If given enough time to on the court he should give us some more glimpses of that immense potential he has

2. Belinelli- if he gets enough playing time he could have a major impact. A shooter like him needs consistent minutes to prove himself and his value this season will be almost completely dependent on how much consistent playing time he gets this season

3. Hendrix- has a chance to be a very good role player and should at least provide some solid rebounding which will be more valuable then what randolph will be able to give us this year

4. Randolph- will be good in a couple years but simply isnt the type of player to make a huge impact in his rookie season (especially with how small he is). Also i doubt he gets much opportunity this year to do much

garlicboy
07-04-2008, 03:35 AM
I think Randolph will surprise some people. He can play many positions. With Randolph, I say don't look at just his weight, but his skills, specifically his ball handling ability

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8KRal8WSTU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8KRal8WSTU&feature=related

The guy can handle the rock for a 6'10 and shows good vision for a player his age and size. Crazy thing is he's only 18 having skipped a grade, and his doctors tell him that he's still growing!!!

His quickness, speed and ballhandling ability will allow him to play on the wing his length and size will help him overcome any deficiencies defensively. Because of his versatility, he has a chance top play sooner rather than later despite his youth and lack of weight.

lincecum=future
07-04-2008, 03:58 AM
So, who do you think will have the best year?

I say Randolph or Marco

Anthony Randolph IF: we trade Al and Jackson

Marco IF: we don't resign Azubuike

TMac, votes for Brandan Wright.

This would be a nice poll question.

And of course you don't vote for him. :pity:

I think he will break out this year.

Chris Mills
07-04-2008, 04:02 AM
im hoping bellenelli but b. wright will have the best year. cap. america will be better given the opportunities and i think marco will have too much competition in the backcourt and he plays 0 defense. he can basically only guard navarro. we are all hoping hendrix turns into a millsap player but who knows. at least he will get some boards. i think randolph is a couple years away but who knows he makes nba plays.

Thatruth32
07-04-2008, 09:10 AM
i think its hard to tell untill FA is done ... it might be BW but if we get brand that could easly change might be marco.... but if we get corey in Fa.... see were im going?

thebayarea
07-04-2008, 01:00 PM
brandan wright will do good. :]

Tmac416
07-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Its brandon wright and its not even gonna be close

sanfranfan1210
07-04-2008, 08:36 PM
I think it's Brandan Wright

IamTurboman
07-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Hopefully Brandan Wright. I think Bellinelli could average 12 points this year as well.

garlicboy
07-05-2008, 03:39 AM
To be honest if you had to put a gun to my head, I'd have to say Richard Hendrix as he's the most mature. He is one player on our roster that has the size and quickness to match up against beasts like Boozer, Brand, Jefferson, etc and the back-ups that killed us such as Carl Landry and Paul Millsap.

Hendrix is a 2nd round pick with a chip on his shoulder and is a coach's son. I like these intangibles to go along with his past credentials stat wise.

garlicboy
08-05-2008, 04:27 PM

TMac,
You've stated before that Wright was going to be better than Randolph hands down.

hahah good do it. cuz its doesnt exsist. i also said he should be a PF and you said that was not hapening. now look at you. wierd you posted that same article in the other thread thats about the exact same thing. cool

[QUOTE=garlicboy;6161115]

hahah good do it. cuz its doesnt exsist. i also said he should be a PF and you said that was not hapening. now look at you. wierd you posted that same article in the other thread thats about the exact same thing. cool

Thatruth32
08-05-2008, 05:30 PM
To be honest if you had to put a gun to my head, I'd have to say Richard Hendrix as he's the most mature. He is one player on our roster that has the size and quickness to match up against beasts like Boozer, Brand, Jefferson, etc and the back-ups that killed us such as Carl Landry and Paul Millsap.

Hendrix is a 2nd round pick with a chip on his shoulder and is a coach's son. I like these intangibles to go along with his past credentials stat wise.

o i didnt know he was a coaches son thats always good to hear

Magicman12
08-05-2008, 06:27 PM
it is pretty simple B write is going to get the most PT so he will put up the best numbers. B and Al will split time at the 4 and if you watched the second half of last season then when write got in the game for those 10 to 15 min he was amazing. Marco needs to have more confidence in order to be good. Hendrix will be a solid defender and a Ben Wallace type who does dirty work and Ant will show some good signs but he is only 19 and will struggle the most but look out next year.

Tmac416
08-05-2008, 09:24 PM
lol so what did you prove? nice proof. get a life bro. i mean you try to box people on here give me a break. that was before summer league. your not even proving anything basketball wise. i im sincerley honered that you waste your time with things like this though.haha wow. i dont even care anymore what you say about wright becuase he isnt going anywhere, the team likes him, there gonna play more, your basketball logic is way off on this. no one is drinkin your cool aide about givin up on a guy who hasnt goten to play real minutes yet yet thinks an even younger smaller player with even less expierence is already the next KG. no neeed to beat it up anymore. nothing has chnaged. i think wright is gonna have a good year. i think randolph will be right below him.

S.J.Basketball
08-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Brandan Wright...I have a feeling Belinelli's role of being a FOUL guy won't change much. I mean isn't he still the 3rd stringer?

Skippington
08-05-2008, 10:08 PM
im hoping bellenelli but b. wright will have the best year. cap. america will be better given the opportunities and i think marco will have too much competition in the backcourt and he plays 0 defense. he can basically only guard navarro. we are all hoping hendrix turns into a millsap player but who knows. at least he will get some boards. i think randolph is a couple years away but who knows he makes nba plays.

Boy that name brings back some terrible memories. Great screen name. :clap:

Its B Dub all the way.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
08-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Wright

garlicboy
08-06-2008, 12:28 AM
lol so what did you prove? nice proof. get a life bro. i mean you try to box people on here give me a break. that was before summer league. your not even proving anything basketball wise. i im sincerley honered that you waste your time with things like this though.haha wow. i dont even care anymore what you say about wright becuase he isnt going anywhere, the team likes him, there gonna play more, your basketball logic is way off on this. no one is drinkin your cool aide about givin up on a guy who hasnt goten to play real minutes yet yet thinks an even younger smaller player with even less expierence is already the next KG. no neeed to beat it up anymore. nothing has chnaged. i think wright is gonna have a good year. i think randolph will be right below him.

I can sense you undertones of anger manifested in your insults. All I've been doing is stating my opinions backed by facts. If you don't agree that's fine. Keep hating, but that hate will tear you up on the inside.

cali72888
08-06-2008, 11:35 AM
haha wright will play alot more this season no matter what anyone says.
nelson has already pretty much said it.

BigWheel
08-06-2008, 01:20 PM
RICHARD HENDRIX- because his body wont break down and he has the maturity to come in and get the job done.

Plus aaint no one expecting much from him, no pressure

Tmac416
08-06-2008, 03:50 PM
I can sense you undertones of anger manifested in your insults. All I've been doing is stating my opinions backed by facts. If you don't agree that's fine. Keep hating, but that hate will tear you up on the inside.

right by facts you mean lies

fabian11593
08-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Randolph for sure.

Conor
08-07-2008, 01:22 PM
I say Randolph, but that's because I don't think Belinelli and Hendrix will get much opportunity to play. I can see Randolph getting 15 MPG and putting up some decent stats.

jrivera
08-07-2008, 03:33 PM
It's too early to tell but I'd say Randolph will have a good year and I'd say Wright would have a solid year.. People didnt think Monta would have had a solid year his second year..

Mr. 3 Stacks
08-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Well Belinelli is an easy write off for me, cant play D vs any of the sg's in the nba...is a knockdown shooter but takes bad shots...no for Jelly Belly.
Brandan Wright, will probably see the most minutes off the bench well have the greatest opportunity to do the best, but i just feel like his offensive game is too one-dimensional at this point, His defensive is solid and thats where he should thrive. He ties with or is slightly below Anthony Randolph.
Anthony Randolph is my pick but in all fairness i will put him in a tie with BW.
I think he will see minutes at the PF or SF position, create great mismatches, and even tho this kid is still raw he has got a killer instinct, he makes decisions.
Hendrix I see as a situational player, coming in off the bench to put body/ tire out big pfs.

GS_DOUBLE_U's
08-07-2008, 08:46 PM
different thread same alternate motive

I say Marcus Williams again!
hey why not....