PDA

View Full Version : Harrington for Point Guard Possibilities

Saltinuts40
07-04-2008, 02:07 AM
Trade Checker Numbers:

Al Harrington = 31.3

Bobcats - Raymond Felton (12.2) for Harrington

Bulls - Kirk Hinrich (41.8) and future 1st for Harrington and Pietrus (S&T)

Cavs - Daniel Gibson (2.6) and Anderson Varajeo (19.9) for Harrington and future 1st.

Mavs - Jason Terry (31.2) for Harrington

Pistons - Chauncey Billups (37.2) for Harrington, Watson and 1st round pick.

Pacers - Jamaal Tinsley (23.4) and Diogu (8.5) for Harrington

Grizzlies - Antoine Walker (31) and Javaris Crittendon (4.8) or Kyle Lowry (4) for Harrington and Barnes (S&T)

Magic - Carlos Arroyo (14.9) and Tony Battie (19.3) for Harrington

Knicks - Jamal Crawford (29.4) and David Lee (3.7) for Harrington and 1st round pick

Sixers - Andre Miller (35.7) for Harrington and Watson

Suns - Leonardo Barbosa (20.8) for Harrington and three future 1sts.

garlicboy
07-04-2008, 02:18 AM
Yo,
What are these Trade checker numbers all about??? I don't get it. I know Al makes $9 mil this year, so we would have to take back about $9 mil. Actually, if we are under the salary cap, not the lux tax, we can take back more money. However we still have to resign Monta and Biedrins and possibly Azubuike, so I don't know where that will put us number wise, and I'm not sure of the salary cap. 2009, luxury tax will be about $70 mil, and the luxury tax should be around $58 million.

Conor
07-04-2008, 02:21 AM
Andre Miller, Ray Felton, and Kirk Hinrich intrigue me most. Bobcats won't take Harrington for Felton though, unless Emeka bolts and they badly need a PF. Trading him for Miller is a definite possibillity, as he is expiring and the 76ers do need a SF/PF to put next to Thad Young. However, with their chemistry I doubt they want to take away one of their leaders. I love Miller's game though, he is a great distributor and he can score inside, although he lacks a consistent jumper. Hinrich seems most realistic, and most talked about.

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-04-2008, 03:03 AM
b-b-Billups..he'd be a beast in our backcourt and work well with Monta...second choice from that list is andre miller but he's gonna be difficult to get..i also like sebastian telfair (unrestricted free agent)..

lincecum=future
07-04-2008, 03:07 AM
Suns - Leonardo Barbosa (20.8) for Harrington and three future 1sts.

3??? Is that a joke?

Out of all those I would be interested in Felton the most.

tru_warrior
07-04-2008, 03:12 AM
what do the numbers mean?

kevin98189
07-04-2008, 03:24 AM
isnt jason richardson a guard? can we get him back?

garlicboy
07-04-2008, 03:47 AM
I go with the low risk HI reward.

22 year old 6'7" Shaun Livingston gamble for me. We need a PG that has the size to guard 2 guards.

I'd only take a PG that has the abilty to guard Shooting guards to enable Monta to continue to guard PG's. Otherwise, Monta will get abused physically guarding Off Guards that outweigh him by 20-40 pounds each night and 2-4".

Bosh=nextKG
07-04-2008, 09:21 AM
I actually agree with garlicboy for once. I like Livingston as well but I don't know if we got that kind of time to wait for him. If we get one of these guards and say josh smith and our young guys can step up, then we have a pretty good team. I like miller and Chauncy of course, but I don't wanna give up watson. I like him, he's young and i think he could be pretty good int eh nba. He just got no playing time behind baron. Maybe we don't even need to look for a starting pg, maybe we should wait and see how Watson does in the summer league and then see if we need a starter or a backup.

BigWheel
07-04-2008, 09:37 AM
No More Bean Poles on our team.... Livingston is never going to regain his form entirely. He will continue to have mental flashbacks and loose that professional sports edge.

ANDRE MILLER is our man - I have been touting him for months, he just plays hard and makes teams better. He's been doing it since College days in Utah and growing up on LA.

Josh Smith - would be intrigueing - although it would not fill our PG shortage.
You would either need to trade Harrington for a PG or sign a body like Chris Duhon.

I also like Earl Watson - but now he is out with injury.