PDA

View Full Version : How come billingsley isn't getting consideration for all-star game

LAStory
07-03-2008, 11:21 PM
He has shown to be one of the better pichers in the nl, yet no one is looking at him. The best pitcher on the team with the best pitching in the nl, this just pisses me off.

R8DRPC
07-03-2008, 11:51 PM
blame the low scoring offense which gave him at least 4 of his 7 losses, instead of being 8-7 he could be 12-3

dodgers07champs
07-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Ehh..who cares..let him get the rest. The ASG has become a joke..

G2BOAT
07-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Looking at his stats and where he stacks up with the other National League Pitchers, he definatly should.

ERA:7th
SO:7th
K/9:3rd
and Bills' WHIP is 1.31 which isn't bad, but a lot of people will focus on his W-L record, which would be a lot better if the offense would score for him.

THINKBLUE15
07-04-2008, 12:40 AM
He obviousley wouldn't be the starter, but he should have got more consideration for a reserve spot. He has pitched terrific this ear, and almost every stat outside his W-L record shows it. His time will come though.

Bleeds Blue
07-04-2008, 12:41 AM
i think that we can all agree that W-L for a pitcher is the worst statistic there is. too bad thats what a lot of people look at. the guy has pitched like an all star for sure but i think he'l get there one day.

THINKBLUE15
07-04-2008, 01:17 AM
As long as he establishes the outer half and can pinpoint his fastball, his slider will do the rest and he can dominate. He is a true talent, and I love having him around. He will be an all-star someday for sure.

bluedawgalex
07-04-2008, 03:06 AM
As long as he establishes the outer half and can pinpoint his fastball, his slider will do the rest and he can dominate. He is a true talent, and I love having him around. He will be an all-star someday for sure.

yup screw the all star game! im just glad we have a great young pitcher of his caliber on our team :D

dodgerblues
07-04-2008, 03:34 AM

He's still very young and has a whole career ahead of him (if nothing bad happens). I wouldn't be surprised if he's our ace after this season, heck, he's already been our ace this season since Penny and Lowe haven't been up to par. Penny has been hurt and hopefully he'll be healthy this year because we could really use his pitching this season.

I'm not worried about Billingsley's all-star appearance, he will do it someday, and he should rest during the break.

grizz8884
07-04-2008, 04:01 AM
Looking at his stats and where he stacks up with the other National League Pitchers, he definatly should.

ERA:7th
SO:7th
K/9:3rd
and Bills' WHIP is 1.31 which isn't bad, but a lot of people will focus on his W-L record, which would be a lot better if the offense would score for him.

:speechless:Damn I didn't know that his number were this good. Looks like I've found a fallback pitcher on my fantasy league team.

N.Z's #1 Dodger
07-04-2008, 05:49 AM
Because he blew in his first 4 games and then the offense started royally ****ing him over. That and W/L records count for everything in the general masses eyes.

Blue french
07-04-2008, 06:50 AM
Because he blew in his first 4 games and then the offense started royally ****ing him over. That and W/L records count for everything in the general masses eyes.
Totally right. And as in 2006 and 2007, billingsley is a slow starter.
In April (5 games) He was 1-4 with a 5.20 era
Since he is 7-3 with a 2.35 era
No doubt he has All Star stuff now and I bet he will be a 5/10 times All Star.
But based on the 1st 3 months he is not an automatic choice.
A Series MVP in October would be a much better award than an All Star spot for young Billingsley no ?

VAMataman
07-04-2008, 09:59 AM
He obviousley wouldn't be the starter, but he should have got more consideration for a reserve spot. He has pitched terrific this ear, and almost every stat outside his W-L record shows it. His time will come though.

Quick question: Have they already fillled out the pitcher's spots for the ASG? I thought this happened closer to the game and I can't find them anywhere I look.

4everblue
07-04-2008, 10:53 AM

Exactly what I was gonna say...

Malone for Pres
07-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Quick question: Have they already fillled out the pitcher's spots for the ASG? I thought this happened closer to the game and I can't find them anywhere I look.

Yes, they haven't. I am pretty sure this thread is pure speculation.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Billingsley to make the ASG roster with at least a few other members of our pitching staff which touts a NL leading 3.68 ERA.

That's right, NL leading.

4everblue
07-04-2008, 11:32 AM
None of our pitchers will make the ASG. Why? Because of their records. Bills is the only one to have a shot, but D-Lowe was having amazing numbers last year and was overlooked.

Our team ERA is so low because of Brox, Saito, Beimel, Park and Kuo. They have just rocked all year. I say we'll have only 1 ASG player and that will be Captain Russ...

Crnoda
07-04-2008, 01:15 PM
None of our pitchers will make the ASG. Why? Because of their records. Bills is the only one to have a shot, but D-Lowe was having amazing numbers last year and was overlooked.

Our team ERA is so low because of Brox, Saito, Beimel, Park and Kuo. They have just rocked all year. I say we'll have only 1 ASG player and that will be Captain Russ...

Well we have to have someone at the all star game and since it wasn't russel martin i mean as much as i voted almost 75 times a day with 3 different email addresses, i don't think he cracked the top 5 like he should of been from day one. So I think one of our pitchers whether it be starting or a relief pitcher we will be represented by one of our pitchers i say.

4everblue
07-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Well we have to have someone at the all star game and since it wasn't russel martin i mean as much as i voted almost 75 times a day with 3 different email addresses, i don't think he cracked the top 5 like he should of been from day one. So I think one of our pitchers whether it be starting or a relief pitcher we will be represented by one of our pitchers i say.

There's 3 ways to be selected for the ASG: fan vote, players vote, managers vote.

Fan vote wont go to Russell. NOW, players vote and managers vote could easily to to him. Managers across the league recognize him as the best catcher in the NL. So, he'll be selected.

Tapptout
07-04-2008, 05:36 PM
I think bills and russ should both go....biased or not.