PDA

View Full Version : TJ Sorrentine hired as Brown assistant coach

Wake's Fastball
07-03-2008, 11:10 PM
TJ Sorrentine Named Assistant Basketball Coach At Brown

Providence, Rhode Island - TJ Sorrentine, a Pawtucket, Rhode Island native and the leader of the Vermont basketball team that upset Syracuse in the opening round of the 2005 NCAA Championship, has been named an assistant basketball coach at Brown in an announcement made by Bears' head coach Jesse Agel. (continued...)

http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/hoops/2008/07/brown-hires-tj.html

I don't know if anyone actually cares, but in New England this guy is a folk hero. He was the diminuitive Vermont point guard that pretty much single-handedly upset the Orange in the first round a few years ago. My friend on the team at Brown alerted me to it when he mentioned he was thrilled to get to work with Sorrentine, so I figured this might be a good "where are they now" thread.

SwaggaIke
07-04-2008, 01:02 PM
I remember Sorrentine. And the big curly haired dude.

Wake's Fastball
07-04-2008, 02:02 PM
I remember Sorrentine. And the big curly haired dude.

Taylor Coppenrath

2gunzblazin
07-09-2008, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=Wake's Fastball;5724507]http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/hoops/2008/07/brown-hires-tj.html

He was the diminuitive Vermont point guard that pretty much single-handedly upset the Orange in the first round a few years ago.

I beg your pardon....sure he was a big factor in that game but single handedly? I dont think so. Without Taylor Coppenrath that Vermont team was nothing, NOTHING. But IMO he should make a good coach for Brown

JHG722
07-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Sorrentine played better than Coppenrath in the Cuse game.

Wake's Fastball
07-13-2008, 08:41 PM
I beg your pardon....sure he was a big factor in that game but single handedly? I dont think so. Without Taylor Coppenrath that Vermont team was nothing, NOTHING. But IMO he should make a good coach for Brown

Oh, I remember the team pretty well. Coppenrath was their heart and soul, but Sorrentine took over late, and he really was what bumped them over the top in that game.

SidTheKid
07-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Brings back good memories of Sorrentine and Coppenrath wrecking Cuse in the tournament.