PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Hinrich

Chris Mills
07-03-2008, 10:38 PM
ESPN mentions a swap trade switching al harrington for kirk hinrich. i hope mullin is trying to get this trade through so that we can keep monta at the 2 where he belongs. hinrich is not the best option at point but he could possibly help all of the other younger players similar to what andre miller did to the 76ers. i just hope that we get something decent for harrington because i do not want to see him being the kyle korver of the golden state warriors any longer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FreeAgency-080703&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1

Kdirt
07-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Im all for it if were sure Brandan Wright can step in and contribute.

Thatruth32
07-03-2008, 11:03 PM
sounds good to me

Mister Mitty
07-03-2008, 11:12 PM
I'd do that trade if we got Brand, otherwise I'd rather have us with Monta at the point and us going after a big man like Josh Smith who can play the 3 or the 4 and who can grow with our young core.

We have to realize that Monta and Biedrins have improved every year and we should expect them to get better next year as well.

IamTurboman
07-04-2008, 12:30 AM
I think Monta is the point. If that is the case Mully will get a capable backup to play 20 minutes a night so Monta can slide over to sg a good chunk of the time.

I wouldn't mind Hinrich or Felton. Billups meakes a lot, and the Pistons would need a PG for a trade so a 3 way trade would have to happen.

Conor
07-04-2008, 01:28 AM
Trading for Hinrich could significantly increase Brand's interest in our team, as his representatives have said that the Warriors' lack of a true PG is a drawback. So if we're going to make this trade, which is a perfect trade for both sides, we have to do it soon. Only problem is Hinrich is more expensive than Harrington, so he could take away from what we can offer Brand. Not sure what salary fillers we could add in to prevent that, but it wouldn't take anyone more expensive than the minimum salary. Another option would be to just wait on making the trade official until after Brand's decision, but making him aware that the trade will happen.

Saltinuts40
07-04-2008, 01:34 AM
We have POB, Pietrus, Barnes, Croshere, Perovic, Watson, etc.. to add to any deal in a sign and trade.

Harrington and Pietrus for Hinrich and a 1st round pick would work for me.

Zilla
07-04-2008, 01:55 AM
I make the trade as long as we have made a move for a solid 4.

Pick up Brand and I would make that move all day, although I would prefer going after Chauncey. I think his salary is $3 Million more per year, but we could throw in another player, even a pick to dial him in.

Chauncy at the 1
Monte at the 2
Jack at the 3
Brand at the 4
Biedrins at the 5

I would take that all day long, and we still have our young talent to develop....but can we get Brand....very doubtful.

garlicboy
07-04-2008, 01:57 AM
I think the Bulls would want a 1st round pick or Marco Belinelli in exchange for Hinrich. They aren't just going to give him away.

More importantly, they have better players than Al at the same position. Al is a 3/4, much like their player Andres Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas, and Luol Deng.

I don't think the Bulls would be interested in Al Harrington.

lincecum=future
07-04-2008, 03:09 AM
I think the Bulls would want a 1st round pick or Marco Belinelli in exchange for Hinrich. They aren't just going to give him away.

More importantly, they have better players than Al at the same position. Al is a 3/4, much like their player Andres Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas, and Luol Deng.

I agree with them not wanting Harrington. But if they got us to eat Hinrichs contract then he could come really cheap.

Chris Mills
07-04-2008, 03:42 AM
I thought Luol Deng opted out of his contract, and if i were the bulls then i would want someone to help nocioni and thomas because i dont know how reliable they are.

Turtle55
07-06-2008, 01:23 AM

I would love to add Harrington for Hinrich. I like Hinrich but he has no spot here anymore. The only question would be what to do with Gooden? Do you guys have the cap room to take him or another big to include in the deal? Nocioni is actually on the trade block to be moved too.

Conor
07-06-2008, 01:59 AM
I'd love to get Gooden back in the deal as well, we could throw in Pietrus+maybe more as part of a sign and trade so that we're not ripping off the Bulls value wise.

R.Miller
07-06-2008, 02:37 AM
Would be a great fit for us. if we can get Hinrich, hes a very good shooter, and can run a team. and plus the bulls are loooking to unload him :clap:

SF Gigantes
07-06-2008, 03:16 AM
I like this trade a lot... Perhaps Nelly can do for Hinrich what he did for Nash, kind of a resurrection of sorts.. no im not saying Hinrich is Nash or anything like that but the man can run a squad.

FUGHIDDABOUTIT
07-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Dude No Disrespect To Anyone On This Forum....but Come On Now! Monta Is Not I Repeat Not A Point Guard! Why Are So Many People Assuming He Can Play The Point????????? He Is Not A Point Guard And Never Will Be... You Can't Teach Someone To Be A Point Guard! It's A Skill You Must Have Naturally. I Can Go On And On About This...putting Monta At The Point, Would Make Him Look Soo Bad...that's Probably The Reason Why There Are Rumors About Him Wanting To Come Some Place Else. He's Afraid Of Not Being Able To Play With A "point Guard". Monta Is The Man And He Is What He Is. A Scorer!!! He Cannot Handle The Rock That Well..he's Not Bad But He Aint Good And That's One Thing Every Point Guard Must Have; Ball Handling Skills....enough Said.

Turtle55
07-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Dude No Disrespect To Anyone On This Forum....but Come On Now! Monta Is Not I Repeat Not A Point Guard! Why Are So Many People Assuming He Can Play The Point????????? He Is Not A Point Guard And Never Will Be... You Can't Teach Someone To Be A Point Guard! It's A Skill You Must Have Naturally. I Can Go On And On About This...putting Monta At The Point, Would Make Him Look Soo Bad...that's Probably The Reason Why There Are Rumors About Him Wanting To Come Some Place Else. He's Afraid Of Not Being Able To Play With A "point Guard". Monta Is The Man And He Is What He Is. A Scorer!!! He Cannot Handle The Rock That Well..he's Not Bad But He Aint Good And That's One Thing Every Point Guard Must Have; Ball Handling Skills....enough Said.

I agree that Monta's not a point and that's why I think having Hinrich there to split ball handling with him makes sense.

Turtle55
07-06-2008, 11:10 AM
I'd love to get Gooden back in the deal as well, we could throw in Pietrus+maybe more as part of a sign and trade so that we're not ripping off the Bulls value wise.

A draft pick, backup PG, or true center are the only things we could really use at this point. Do you guys have any of that to package with Harrington?

Conor
07-06-2008, 12:14 PM
A draft pick, backup PG, or true center are the only things we could really use at this point. Do you guys have any of that to package with Harrington?

I doubt we'd include a draft pick, but maybe lotto-protected. We're looking for a backup PG as well and Harrington is the one who gets minutes at center when Biedrins is sitting so not really, unless Kosta Perovic interests the Bulls at all.

BigWheel
07-06-2008, 12:57 PM
MONTA - His name is MONTA(y) not Monte. This isn't the old TV show 'Let's Make a Deal'.

HINRICH - I always liked his game, except now he is just another overpaid mid tier PG. I am not cinvinced Hinrich would be a long term answer for the style the Warriors Play. BUT his salary does go down over the next THREE Years because it was front loaded. That is a big plus for future trades and future salary cap!

JARRET JACK - the W's totally missed out on a steal of a deal by not aquiring Jarret Jack - he would have been a great fit in Oakland! The W's are just to slow off the dribble to make great trades..... even the BAron deal was not good because we would have gotten Chris Paul a few months down the road in the draft... ( he ended up going 5th overall)

RAYMOND FELTON- probably the PG that best fits our style of play. Not sure who we could trade for him at $4 mil per season..... It might be best just to trade for him and absorb the salary ( which we can do). Otherwise sign and trade a MP for Felton.

Drew Gooden - I thought the W's should have picked him up a year ago when he was available cheap. Say what you want about him, he was a big part of why the Cav's made the NBA Finals in 2007. At his salary he is a deal. He rebounds and plays around and under the basket where we need him at a measly $7mil per year.

JOSH CHILDRESS- what about the other Josh? he is alot like Stephen Jackson and can some of everything. He would also fit our rail thin line up.

EARL BOYKINS- otherwise just sign the big guy to a TWO year deal and run the crap out of the ball on every possesion...