PDA

View Full Version : Report: Favre was ready to 'un-retire' in May

Soop
07-03-2008, 09:51 PM
The Green Bay Press Gazette confirms through multiple sources that Brett Favre has indeed contacted the Packers about returning, and that his relationship with GM Ted Thompson partly led to his retirement.

There is no doubt Favre talked to coach Mike McCarthy about coming back two weeks ago, despite Favre's claims to the contrary. It's also clear through Favre's family and this report that Thompson doesn't want Favre back. The Gazette says Favre would have "un-retired" as early as May if Thompson had asked him back, but that didn't happen. Thompson reportedly isn't returning Favre's agents calls. This is all a little childish on both sides, but Favre can force Thompson's hand by being definitive about his plans. It's debatable whether he'll be willing to do so

rotoworld

hughest4
07-03-2008, 10:11 PM
I guess it makes sense to me and if TT doesn't want him back, why doesn't he just tell him. How hard is it to pick up the phone and say, "Brett, i don't want you to play for the Packers anymore". This apparent phone tag is extremely childish, and i just want to know what is going to happen and who is going to be our QB

muktown23
07-03-2008, 10:13 PM
he better not go to another team

iam brett favre
07-03-2008, 10:31 PM
I think the jerk here is TT.

beast
07-03-2008, 10:32 PM
I'm still waiting for somebody that I think has a clue, on what's going on, to say something, until then, it's just a lot of media, guessing and trying to make a story out of it, and nothing more. The Facts are, all this stuff is a lot of guessing.

4favre4
07-03-2008, 10:55 PM
I have been posting what a jerk TT was since I have been on here nobody would agree until now Thompson pushed the greatest QB of all time out of town. We will prob have A-rod start 3 games and go down for the year then have Brohm starting his rookie year wile Favre is tearing it up for some other team. OOOHHHH and rookie QB's have a hard time winning games !!!!!!!
OOOOOHHHHHH and TT may not be able to live in Greenbay long if he runs Brett out of town. Brett has payed his dues to this team if he wants to retire then unretire espeacialy before TRAINING CAMP start he has earned this right.

spazzmccrory
07-04-2008, 01:12 AM
I belive it would be great for Farve to come back. DID WE FORGET ONE THROW AWAY FROM THE SUPER BOWL

iam brett favre
07-04-2008, 01:59 AM
Thats what I'm saying spazz. We were literally one throw away from a superbowl.

socalpkrbkr
07-04-2008, 02:21 AM
Well, assuming this is all true...:puke:

What can I do about it though? Nothing really but piss and moan over this :censored:ing GM we have. This is :bs:

iam brett favre
07-04-2008, 03:09 AM
yeah good point this is all before training camp too!

kevin98189
07-04-2008, 03:31 AM
if favre came back and i was aaron rodgers i would be pissed. lol

RcrkllrH2
07-04-2008, 10:36 AM
if favre came back and i was aaron rodgers i would be pissed. lol

true that

i firmly believe that one of the two qbs will be gone next season....either favre stays retired and hes gone (as he SHOULD be) or favre comes back and a-rod finally says "ive had enough" and demands to be traded

socalpkrbkr
07-04-2008, 11:44 AM
true that

i firmly believe that one of the two qbs will be gone next season....either favre stays retired and hes gone (as he SHOULD be) or favre comes back and a-rod finally says "ive had enough" and demands to be traded

Why do you say "as he should be?" Please tell me why Brett needs to stay retired. Is it because he said he was done? Big deal! It's been all of 4 months since his retirement speech. I truly believe that he was crushed by the loss as we all were. I feel like he made his decision a little too early especially since he still feels like he can play. TT isnít exactly making him feel like he is wanted. TT's first ****ing draft pick was a god damn QB in the first round! Training camp has not started yet. Itís not as big of a deal for him to come back as its being made out to be by some fans. Forget about AR for a minute; is there any other reason to not have the legend back? Who do you think gives us the best chance at winning a Super Bowl this upcoming season? How can any Packers fan side with a guy who has NEVER STARTED A ****ING GAME for us? It makes NO sense to me what so ever. Funny, Rodgers will demand to be traded. wah wah, big deal! We just drafted two more QBs and one of which would give Rodgers a run for his money had Rodgers not been here for 3 years riding pine. (and still getting his coin to do so) Feelings and business DONT MIX! Team goal wise, Favre coming back increases the likely hood of it becoming a reality. From a business point of view, itís honestly night and day, a no brainer.

Soop
07-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Who do you think gives us the best chance at winning a Super Bowl this upcoming season? How can any Packers fan side with a guy who has NEVER STARTED A ****ING GAME for us? It makes NO sense to me what so ever.

Good point, I too think TT should've welcomed Favre back even though I could understand you guys have to move on at some point. If he was to play for another team this would hurt the Pack's org for a long time. Fingers will be pointed and it could get ugly fast.

uncfan44
07-04-2008, 11:53 AM
so we keep worring about Arod. Dont get me wrong im stoked to see what the future of the pac will be, but if brett wants to come back then should we forget all the good years he's had and what he did last year for the future. We cant live in the past (ie 96) or the future lets live in the now. Last year was a great year and if he thinks he can repeat last year then lets go for it. And who gives a :censored: if Arod's feelings r hurt his life will go on he will get over it with us or without. Not everything works out in life how we expect. Exhibit A doug flootie (spelled that wrong). he was how old b4 he had success in the NFL and do u think for one second he would take that back. Arod can realize that and continue to wait patiently or not and b a homo <---- :badidea:

beast
07-04-2008, 12:57 PM
I have been posting what a jerk TT was since I have been on here nobody would agree until now Thompson pushed the greatest QB of all time out of town.

TT might be a jerk, but he's a jerk because he's not talking. And talking give the other teams info, which we don't want. So while he may be a jerk, he's being smart.

And as far as running Brett out, that's just a lot of media, trying to may a story. TT hates the media, and won't tell them nothing, so the media trys to make TT look bad.

It's all media, guessing until someone inside comes out and says something.

Ryan Diesel
07-04-2008, 01:56 PM
All media?? TT has been publicly running Favre out of town for ike 4 years now. I've been pointing it out and half the people on here have been telling me I'm crazy all this time. Starting to look more and more obvious. IF Favre wants to play, he should play. And if he wants to play, we better take him back or he'll play for someone else. I really don't think TT wants that blood on his hands.

beast
07-04-2008, 02:31 PM
All media?? TT has been publicly running Favre out of town for ike 4 years now. I've been pointing it out and half the people on here have been telling me I'm crazy all this time. Starting to look more and more obvious. IF Favre wants to play, he should play. And if he wants to play, we better take him back or he'll play for someone else. I really don't think TT wants that blood on his hands.

As someone else said on the internet,

"What did he (TT) do? Surround Favre with talent? Build a team that can contend with anyone in the NFC for the SB? I'd be feeling pushed out too.

TT, MM, and Clements all said we'd take you back to Favre at 80% of your commitment. What a shove.

I've heard some poeple comment that TT just wants "his" guys in there, referring to Rodgers. What about Clifton? Taucher? Donald Driver? Al Harris? Nick Barnett? Is TT pushing them out too? Or is it only Favre? None of those players listed were drafted or acquired by Thompson in any way. But the only one I ever hear about him pushing out or wanting his guy in for is Favre. A smart GM just wants to replace the HOF QB with his guy? The other 52 guys on the team don't really matter. Does that make any sense? It doesn't make any sense to me.

When is TT going to push Aaron Kampman out the door? I can't wait for that. I bet it's DD next though. None of this has anything to do with football players becoming 38 and deciding on their own to retire from the game. That's never happened before, how could that be? He must have been pushed. thats the BS"

The only thing obvious here, is that the media are using 2 month to a couple of years old info to try to make drama and sell it. 90% of the info is we think this because ________ (somebody else in the media thinks this), and if true that means _________, and if that happens it means this _________. It's a whole lot of guessing on the part of the media.

And the media, is taking a part quotes from Brett's brother, and only giving the parts that suppose what they think and not putting in the part where Brett's brother Scott say, I think and I haven't talk to Brett in a while.

The only facts I've seen in this is Al Harris saying Favre has an inch, but so did Barry Sanders that doesn't mean he is trying or tied to come back.

And the other one is that Brett's Mother didn't like what TT was doing, and nether did Brett.

They wanted to build though FA. But it's not Brett or his Mother call, it's TT call and he build and seemed to do it well through the draft.

It's over 80% media just trying to make a story.

socalpkrbkr
07-04-2008, 03:01 PM
It's over 80% media just trying to make a story.

Your trippn'. I heard the interview this morning with both his mother and his brother. His brother says its 50/50 that Brett WILL be back, he also said that if the Packers are done with Brett that he thinks Brett would be willing to move on. His mum feels they haven't tried to keep Brett. That doesn't sound like the media making a story to me. I'm sure if you turn on ESPN you can to hear what I heard this morning. There is obviously a story here. Get over the whole media making a story. They're reporting what is happening, like it or not.

beast
07-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Your trippn'. I heard the interview this morning with both his mother and his brother. His brother says its 50/50 that Brett WILL be back, he also said that if the Packers are done with Brett that he thinks Brett would be willing to move on. His mum feels they haven't tried to keep Brett. That doesn't sound like the media making a story to me. I'm sure if you turn on ESPN you can to hear what I heard this morning. There is obviously a story here. Get over the whole media making a story. They're reporting what is happening, like it or not.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3471189

"Favre was reached on Wednesday by Mississippi's Sun Herald newspaper and tried to calm the storm.

"It's all rumor," he said of reports that he wants to return."

Scott Favre

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/22854839.html

"I think they have talked," said Scott Favre, Brett's Brother. "I know they talked a lot. I don't know how recent it's been."

"It's that time of year. He may be getting the itch. I can't confirm anything. I have not talked to him. I don't know how true that is.

"I think it's 50-50. He can play. He's in good shape. He's working out. We know he can still play, he's still healthy. If he did, it wouldn't surprise me."

It seems to be all opinions and no facts other than maybe Favre, saying "It's all rumor"

Now I have not been watching today, but I have yet to hear any facts, it's all opinions and story telling, from what I've heard so far.

Soop
07-04-2008, 09:43 PM

"Favre was reached on Wednesday by Mississippi's Sun Herald newspaper and tried to calm the storm.

Your trippn'. I heard the interview this morning with both his mother and his brother

Today is friday beast, you might want to hear what socalpkrbkr is telling you.

beast
07-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Today is friday beast, you might want to hear what socalpkrbkr is telling you.

Your right I might, but what I would really like to hear is facts.

I don't know but it sounds like what he heard was an interview from the past. It might now be, but he didn't add any new info.

The underline is old, and the bold is something new.

His brother says its 50/50 that Brett WILL be back, he also said that if the Packers are done with Brett that he thinks Brett would be willing to move on. His mum feels they haven't tried to keep Brett.

But the thing, is the only place I'm hearing this is from him. I've look every where I know to look, for good info, and haven't found any thing, about this at all. Nothing zip. Could he be telling the truth? Yes, and it is a holiday but I would think someone somewhere would be reporting this or putting it on youtube or something.

As far as I can tell it's not fact. The facts are, Brett's Mother said something like it didn't feel like feel like TT was trying to get Brett to stay, and Brett had that out burst, but that seems to all be about TT not going out and getting FA, and building though the draft.

The last thing I've heard that sound like it has any fact behind it, is

kingofdaburbs19
07-05-2008, 12:47 AM

You can't say that if we dont let him back he will play for somebody else because Favre is under contract for the next 2 years so unless he wants to wait and come back and play then yea but that wont happen.

socalpkrbkr
07-05-2008, 01:10 AM
HIS BROTHER
However, Favre's brother, Scott, said Wednesday night that Brett has been working out and put a return by No. 4 at "50-50."
"There's no doubt he can play," Scott Favre told WTMJ-TV in Milwaukee. "He's in good shape, he's working out, we know he can still play, he's healthy, so, if he did, it wouldn't surprise me."

HIS MOM
Favre's mother, interviewed by WITI-TV in Milwaukee on Wednesday, said her son felt a vibe coming from GM Thompson that indicated the Packers were eager to move on without the future Hall of Famer.
"He's felt like that for the last couple of years, that the Packers didn't really want him back," Bonita Favre told WITI. "But nothing's been said. You know it's just been bits and pieces throughout the last couple of years, things that would come up, and it just didn't seem like they went out of their way to keep him. It was kind of like, 'You're done.'"

This is from two days ago and this morning was the first time I heard their voices for myself rather than it just being reported. As I said before I heard it on ESPN News. Check the link and be sure to read the last two paragraphs. They were news to me.

http://n-f-l-news.blogspot.com/2008/07/source-favre-in-touch-with-packers.html

Packersfan
07-05-2008, 01:25 AM
IF all this is true, it is truly shaping up 2 be bad 4 both the packers and brett favre's legacy.

SDteacher
07-05-2008, 12:43 PM
HIS BROTHER
However, Favre's brother, Scott, said Wednesday night that Brett has been working out and put a return by No. 4 at "50-50."
"There's no doubt he can play," Scott Favre told WTMJ-TV in Milwaukee. "He's in good shape, he's working out, we know he can still play, he's healthy, so, if he did, it wouldn't surprise me."

HIS MOM
Favre's mother, interviewed by WITI-TV in Milwaukee on Wednesday, said her son felt a vibe coming from GM Thompson that indicated the Packers were eager to move on without the future Hall of Famer.
"He's felt like that for the last couple of years, that the Packers didn't really want him back," Bonita Favre told WITI. "But nothing's been said. You know it's just been bits and pieces throughout the last couple of years, things that would come up, and it just didn't seem like they went out of their way to keep him. It was kind of like, 'You're done.'"

This is from two days ago and this morning was the first time I heard their voices for myself rather than it just being reported. As I said before I heard it on ESPN News. Check the link and be sure to read the last two paragraphs. They were news to me.

That's exactly what Beast's been saying in all the previous posts, quote wise. Beast is right with all of this crap. The fact of the matter is that Brett's mom views the Packers lack of FA pickups as signs of them trying to push Favre out the door. This and everything else is all speculation. Nothing is a fact here, it is bits of information, nothing from the source, being percieved by people and spun using their own logic no matter how close or far they are from the truth. People from all over the media and in this forum are presenting peoples opinions as if they are facts, and that certainly is not the case. Now, do I believe Brett's comments about this all being a rumor, not completely but I do feel like things have been taken a little out of context. For instance, just the other day I was listening to Sirius and people kept calling in and saying how selfish Favre is and that he's a jerk blah blah blah, and that TT is doing this and that. Well Al Harris had enough of this and called in by himself and talked to Solomon Wilcots and Adam Schine and tried to clear things up. Adam and Solomon were reading into all of these rumors as facts, and adding fuel to the fire. Al tried to calm them down and explain that Brett and TT are nothing like what they're being made out to be and that this is not as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. He did make it sound that he and Brett did talk soon after the whole ESPN Fiasco, and that Brett still felt the ITCH after all of that.

Soo....People in here and everywhere need to calm down and just let the story develope from the man himself, because all of this isn't going to get us anywere. I originally decided to post because I think Beast is trying to say the same thing, and I'm 100% on board with what you're saying. I'm holding off forming an opinion on Brett and the Packers (TT, MM, Murphy) until I hear more facts. I would encourage everyone else here to do the same. I can only imagine what other fans from outside the Packer think about how stupid we look going off on each other like this. LET IT GO!!!

beast
07-05-2008, 12:58 PM
HIS BROTHER

HIS MOM

Dude, I'm going to try to say this, in the nicest way, I can.....

BUT ARE YOU REALLY GETTING YOUR "FACTS" FROM AN UNNAMED BLOGGER?

If you are.....:pity::crazy::no::faint::badidea::puke:

I'm a little disappointed, because after sooper44 post, I though you might have something new.

But it seems you have the same old stuff everyone has. The only different is it says Wednesday, in there. Which is funny, because of what I have seen, WTMJ-TV in Milwaukee doesn't say that. Yes, it did come out on Wednesday, but that report doesn't mean it was on Wednesday.

Also I can't find anything from WTMJ-TV in Milwaukee about anything Bonita Favre has said, since March.

But guess what, I've found this,

http://www.sunherald.com/sports/story/663221.html

Who to believe, who to believe....

Let's say, we got

AN UNNAMED BLOGGER, and a lot of media, who are quoting other media sites, who are quoting other media sites, who are quoting other media sites, who are quoting other media sites, who are quoting other media sites, who are quoting other media sites, who are quoting other media sites, who are quoting other media sites, and when you get to the end, it's all unnamed sources and don't forget their using Scott Favre as a source which is quoted, by saying, "I can't confirm anything. I have not talked to him. I don't know how true that is."

Or should I believe, a media site, that is using Brett Favre as a source?

Wow that's a hard one. :ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::o hno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DA the one they has a name of the person that wrote it, a name of the source, and a quote, from the person this is all about.

Now could Favre be trying to come out of retirement? Yes. Are there any facts about that? NO. Is this a whole lot of Media speculating? Yes. Do they have a reason to do that? Yes, that are trying to get people, to read, and watch, there info, so yes there trying to make stories.

beast
07-05-2008, 01:21 PM
That's exactly what Beast's been saying in all the previous posts, quote wise. Beast is right with all of this crap. The fact of the matter is that Brett's mom views the Packers lack of FA pickups as signs of them trying to push Favre out the door. This and everything else is all speculation. Nothing is a fact here, it is bits of information, nothing from the source, being percieved by people and spun using their own logic no matter how close or far they are from the truth. People from all over the media and in this forum are presenting peoples opinions as if they are facts, and that certainly is not the case.

Thank you, SDteacher, glad to know there is someone else out there, that can tell facts, from people just trying to making a story, and get viewers.

From, what I can tell the facts are.....

1) Brett blew up public about TT, not getting FA, and building though the draft, because Favre doesn't seem to understand it.

2) Bonita Favre, said it didn't feel like TT was trying to keep Favre. From what I've seen nobody other than an unnamed blogger (yeah, we can trust him to be right :rolleyes:), has given a date of when that happened. (She could be talking about the same thing Brett blew up about)

3) Scott Favre said "I think they have talked," said Scott Favre, Brett's Brother. "I know they talked a lot. I don't know how recent it's been."

"It's that time of year. He may be getting the itch. I can't confirm anything. I have not talked to him. I don't know how true that is.

"I think it's 50-50. He can play. He's in good shape. He's working out. We know he can still play, he's still healthy. If he did, it wouldn't surprise me."

according to,

4) Al Harris knew Brett had an itch (that doesn't mean Favre is going to scratch the itch)

5) http://www.sunherald.com/sports/story/663221.html says Favre says "It's all rumor." and "No reason for it."

And the media are trying to put those facts together, and say they know something.

socalpkrbkr
07-05-2008, 01:56 PM
:rolleyes:

beast
07-05-2008, 01:57 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/services/newspaper/printedition/bal-sp.rant05jul05,0,2204501.story

....I recently called you the fifth-greatest quarterback of all time. And you showed last season that you can still play at an elite level.

No, I'm not asking because you did anything wrong. I'm asking because we, the sports media, need to be protected from ourselves. You see, for the past three NFL offseasons, we tried to sell newspapers and drive television ratings by speculating madly about whether you would retire. When you finally did, we produced reams of tributes, some in the form of elegiac coffee table books, in a last scramble to profit from your greatness.

Now, with ESPN reporting that you have doubts, we're girding ourselves for another round. It's as if we've forgotten, Brett, that when Joe Montana, Dan Marino and John Elway retired, we took it in stride. They were just as great as or greater than you, right?

Favre's career in pictures Favre's career in pictures Photos

This is more reminiscent of when Michael Jordan walked away in his prime and then came back. That made sense because he was a singular performer who changed the NBA's competitive and marketing landscapes all by himself. Great as you are, you're not on that level.

Look, I hate to ask you not to do what you love. But I can't rightly ask my media colleagues to be more mature. There are too many of them. So please, protect them from themselves. And if you must come back, please, please decide quickly.

Thanks for the memories, and all the best.

beast
07-05-2008, 01:59 PM
:rolleyes:

So, your going with the UNNAMED BLOGGER?

socalpkrbkr
07-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Listen you two. What I meant when I said he was trippn'. I was referring to Beast saying he thought the media was making a story out of nothing. I don't buy it, from what Ive heard come out of Al, his bro and mom, something is there. Does it mean he's going to play again... no, but it does mean that there's something worth reporting.

Did you read the last two paragraphs in that link? Did you guys already know about that?

As far as the link goes. I googled the topic and that gave the most quotes on this subject. I don't give a crap about who or where it came from as long as what I'm reading is in quotes.

SDteacher
07-05-2008, 02:27 PM
I know what you meant, I just don't agree.

socalpkrbkr
07-05-2008, 02:36 PM

Well then YOUR FIRED! LOL

beast
07-05-2008, 02:42 PM

Same here.

Listen you two. What I meant when I said he was trippn'. I was referring to Beast saying he thought the media was making a story out of nothing. I don't buy it, from what Ive heard come out of Al, his bro and mom, something is there. Does it mean he's going to play again... no, but it does mean that there's something worth reporting.

Did you read the last two paragraphs in that link? Did you guys already know about that?

As far as the link goes. I googled the topic and that gave the most quotes on this subject. I don't give a crap about who or where it came from as long as what I'm reading is in quotes.

Al says Favre has an itch, but so did a lot of guys that retired, and never came back.

His Bro said, "I can't confirm anything. I have not talked to him." After that can you, take anything he said there, as he knows what he's talking about? I can't.

No one seems to know when his Mom said those things. An unnamed blogger, who said it was, Wednesday. And I got a friends who said, it was over a year ago, she said that stuff. But nobody has been able to prove, when she said that stuff.

So to some it up, he has an itch. That don't mean he's going to scratch.

I'm just saying this is a lot of speculation. And very little fact.

Also,

http://www.baltimoresun.com/services...,2204501.story

socalpkrbkr
07-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Your link isn't working...:shrug:

beast
07-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Your link isn't working...:shrug:

Thanks. My first one, seemed to work. But that was on the last page, and wasn't sure if people would see it.

Try this

http://www.baltimoresun.com/services/newspaper/printedition/bal-sp.rant05jul05,0,2204501.story

WestTexasPacker
07-05-2008, 04:10 PM
damn guys, i thought i was reading a murder mystery, going over all these posts about who said what, on what day and at what time and where bonita favre was on the night before favre announced his retirement!

beast
07-05-2008, 04:37 PM
damn guys, i thought i was reading a murder mystery, going over all these posts about who said what, on what day and at what time and where bonita favre was on the night before favre announced his retirement!

Well people keep using Bonita Favre words, as fact. But I want to know when it happen? No body has been able show me facts of when it happen.

socalpkrbkr
07-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Well people keep using Bonita Favre words, as fact. But I want to know when it happen? No body has been able show me facts of when it happen.

Fact to what? She said what she said and I heard it with my own ears. Why does it matter when she had her interview. Nothing I heard from her interview suggested that she thought Brett was returning.

beast
07-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Fact to what? She said what she said and I heard it with my own ears. Why does it matter when she had her interview. Nothing I heard from her interview suggested that she thought Brett was returning.

Why does it matter, than if she didn't suggested Favre was returning?

Brooke
07-05-2008, 08:56 PM
something about TT always rubbed me the wrong way

Brett was one play away from the Superbowl and then you have someone who hasn't proven himself yet and is very injury prone. I would go with the guy who has proven himself and knows how to win

socalpkrbkr
07-05-2008, 10:37 PM
something about TT always rubbed me the wrong way

Brett was one play away from the Superbowl and then you have someone who hasn't proven himself yet and is very injury prone. I would go with the guy who has proven himself and knows how to win

Absolutely, but he has to comeback first.

Ryan Diesel
07-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Practice. Not a game. Not a game, we're talkin about Practice. Aaron Rodgers got hurt in Practice last year and was out for 4 weeks. Not a game, not a game. Not the game that Brett Favre goes out there and dies for. We're talkin bout Practice.

beast
07-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Practice. Not a game. Not a game, we're talkin about Practice. Aaron Rodgers got hurt in Practice last year and was out for 4 weeks. Not a game, not a game. Not the game that Brett Favre goes out there and dies for. We're talkin bout Practice.

Rodgers was out one game, and that was because MM. Everyone said he would of played if Favre couldn't make it back, but Favre made it, but and MM played it extra safe with Rodgers and he was out one week.

Ryan Diesel
07-06-2008, 02:07 PM
No, he wasn't active from the Dallas game until the last game of the year or playoffs. Not a game. Practice.

beast
07-06-2008, 02:16 PM
No, he wasn't active from the Dallas game until the last game of the year or playoffs. Not a game. Practice.

Ok, let me reword this. The injury wasn't the reason, he didn't get in a game. Other than the first week after.

That injury took Rodgers out for the week.

He was back the next week in practice. And MM held Rodgers out that week, when Rodgers was saying he could do it, but MM wanted to play it safe.

I'm not sure if you know, but Rodgers normal doesn't get into games, and just because he doesn't get into a game doesn't mean he's injured.

Ryan Diesel
07-06-2008, 05:06 PM
If he doesn't suit up, he's injured. Practice dawg. Practice.

beast
07-06-2008, 05:20 PM
If he doesn't suit up, he's injured. Practice dawg. Practice.

Well can you prove he did suit up?

I think he did suit up for the suit up to go against the Rams and Bears.

Ryan Diesel
07-07-2008, 01:16 AM
WTF, I don't know why I'm looking this up for you, I shouldn't have to prove commonly known facts for you. And if you don't believe me you should look this up on your own before you tell me I'm wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/injuries?week=15

you can look at the injury report for every team for every week on that link. He missed the last four games, didn't suit up, and was placed doubtful for all four games because he hurt his hamstring in PRACTICE after the Dallas game. Not a game, we're talkin about PRACTICE. 4 games. Probably would have been longer but we had a first round bye. He also broke his ankle the year before in the first few minutes of his NFL career. Please don't tell me you want me to look that up and "prove" that to you too.