PDA

View Full Version : Those Cheating A's

MadThane
07-03-2008, 08:58 PM
How is it that with all the players that have been accussed of using steriods from the A's organization, this team has not been under investigation? FRom Canseco,McGuire,Giambi,Chavez,Tejada and on and on and on...no one thinks that Billy and he's org are knee deep in this steriod issue? Why does Billy and the A's get a free pass on this?

The whole mass steriod thing started in the late 80s and started with A's players and later on other players were getting stuff from former A's players. It would not shock me if Puljols was juiced too since he played with Mark.

GHGHCP
07-03-2008, 09:03 PM
MLB went from having the worst testing to one of the best now, problem is its hard to detect HGH and other designer drugs. What I'm saying is there are other teams to blame, not just the A's.

BADizzleBoY
07-03-2008, 09:04 PM
How is it that with all the players that have been accussed of using steriods from the A's organization, this team has not been under investigation? FRom Canseco,McGuire,Giambi,Chavez,Tejada and on and on and on...no one thinks that Billy and he's org are knee deep in this steriod issue? Why does Billy and the A's get a free pass on this?

The whole mass steriod thing started in the late 80s and started with A's players and later on other players were getting stuff from former A's players. It would not shock me if Puljols was juiced too since he played with Mark.

:eyebrow:

danbuc0101
07-03-2008, 09:17 PM

I completely agree, if Jose calls himself the grandfather of steroids, and mark went from nothing to all star, the A's organization is where it all started! And also make sure you add Jack Cust to that list.

Ragun
07-03-2008, 09:18 PM
It is a questionable issue but dont you think one of the players would of talked about it?

Joba Rules!!
07-03-2008, 09:27 PM
It is a questionable issue but dont you think one of the players would of talked about it?

I can't take what you say seriously with that avatar.

BADizzleBoY
07-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Lol /\

I smell my bat
07-03-2008, 09:55 PM
I can't take what you say seriously with that avatar.
That was pretty good, sounds like something I would say.

C1Bman88
07-03-2008, 10:53 PM
It started before Billy Beane became the General Manager. Might as well blame Sandy Alderson for some of it as well.

Blindmolerat
07-04-2008, 12:30 AM
When has Eric Chavez been accused of steroids? Also, if it was really a problem with the team wouldn't you think that MLB would already be all over it? The thing is that this has been a problem throughout the league, not just within this organization.

fightins89
07-04-2008, 12:42 AM
How are the A's getting a free pass? The MLB hasn't cracked down on anybody, why should they crack down on the A's? Did they invent steroids? No.

The use of steroids was widespread, who cares where it started? What is important now is improving testing and enforcing penalties on players who are found to be breaking the substance policy. There's no point in looking for every player that ever used steroid or finding the team who had the most players on steroids in order to crack down on them.

Max Power
07-04-2008, 12:46 AM
Yes, Canseco is the "grandfather of steriods".
And yes, he played for the A's.

20 years ago.
To blame the current organization is kind of foolish.

Maybe it's more of LaRussa thing than an A's thing.

Vegasguy80
07-04-2008, 12:54 AM
This thread is a joke right? I really hope so!

jmtapia
07-04-2008, 02:15 AM
Oakland is close to BALCO... Its pretty obvious that managers/GM/owners and players knew what was going on. However, it should have been the Commissioner that should have stepped in a lot quicker.

pmmr2113
07-04-2008, 03:13 AM
ummmm billy beane became GM in 1997. conseco was nowhere near the a's at that time.

Twinsfanroy
07-04-2008, 03:57 AM

The problem is not the roids but the corked bats from those Dirt soxs(CWS)
and their foul mouth manager,once they lose 3 in a row he gets on espn with his foul mouth and bad mouths his team (yes they do stink and so do their fans,THEN THE CORKED BATS COME OUT AND THEN REEL OFF SOME late inning wins. thats real fishy!!!!Dont worry yankee fan. Tampa has not played the twins or the central division that much and they BEAT THEM in almost every game like history tell us .Yankees will get healthy and on a tear and will be again facing the Twins in October as both division winners !!!

N.Z's #1 Dodger
07-04-2008, 06:32 AM
and their foul mouth manager,once they lose 3 in a row he gets on espn with his foul mouth and bad mouths his team (yes they do stink and so do their fans,THEN THE CORKED BATS COME OUT AND THEN REEL OFF SOME late inning wins. thats real fishy!!!!Dont worry yankee fan. Tampa has not played the twins or the central division that much and they BEAT THEM in almost every game like history tell us .Yankees will get healthy and on a tear and will be again facing the Twins in October as both division winners !!!

Wow what an unrelated, incoherent, irrelevant post.

sboyajian
07-04-2008, 07:19 AM
You can't blame the owners/team for the actions of some players.

Tragedy
07-04-2008, 11:15 AM
You can't blame the owners/team for the actions of some players.
Very true.

And anyways, this is just silly. Because they had a handful of guys play on their team that at one point may have taken steroids, we should blame the TEAM? Come on now. It was all about the players. Out of 30 teams, just ONE of them had management telling players to take steroids and what not?

Silly topic. I hate the steroid allegation crap.

johnnylee722
07-04-2008, 11:40 AM
I completely agree, if Jose calls himself the grandfather of steroids, and mark went from nothing to all star, the A's organization is where it all started! And also make sure you add Jack Cust to that list.

McGuire was a great baseball player his whole life. What do you mean he went from nothing?

The A Team
07-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Oakland is close to BALCO... Its pretty obvious that managers/GM/owners and players knew what was going on. However, it should have been the Commissioner that should have stepped in a lot quicker.

How did it take 10 posts for somebody to point this out. The steroids probe dealt with 3 sources, 2 of them were guys from New York with the other being BALCO. It's not surprising that you don't find many Cubs or Royals connected with roids, they're nowhere near the sources that have been investigated.

LetsGoA's
07-04-2008, 12:01 PM
This thread and many subsequent replies are just plain silly. Quit being sore because we took 2 games from you in interleague play this year.

C1Bman88
07-04-2008, 01:54 PM

What the ****?

Knicks845
07-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Who knows if they did it, if they did im sure they'd be under investigation :shrug:

natepro
07-04-2008, 02:33 PM
This thread is... sad.

1. Mark McGwire wasn't "nothing" and then became an All-Star.

2. You can't automatically taint anyone that every played with any player that juiced, because finding a player that hasn't played with one of these guys is all but impossible, outside of maybe an Evan Longoria type that just came up this year... though if there's someone on his team that was linked, there goes that.

3. Why the A's? As an Angels fan, I'm obviously not a fan of theirs, but to act like it's a team philosophy (or, in LaRussa's case, a manager's philosophy) is ridiculous. There is zero evidence for that. More than one guy on a team was doing it! Clearly there's a team-wide conspiracy!!!11!1! C'mon.

united41290
07-04-2008, 03:32 PM
maybe your a giants fan...

GrinderBall41
07-04-2008, 04:05 PM

If you were not drunk when you posted this... I don't even know what to say.

Cork?

Go take your ADHD meds before your parents catch you on the computer.

A'sfansince77
07-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Athletics have the 2nd most rings with 9 in AL.
The red sox have 3rd

Both Red Sox and Athletics were refused to play WS by NYG because they were the new AL.
So A's were AL champs 02 no WS
So Red Sox were AL champs 1904 no WS

The manager of NYG John mcgraw called the A's white elephants
one of the first 6 AL teams.
Thanks for a great lucky logo
First 32 yrs in Phi 8 ws 5 wins

WS 05 lost NYG

WS 1910 Won Cubs
WS 1911Won NYG
2-0 in a row

WS 1913 won NYG
WS 1914 Lost Boston Braves
1-1 split

WS 1929 Won Cubs
WS 1930Won STL C
WS 1931 Lost Stl C
2-1
KC was a 12 time where nYY kinda owned them with out the comish ever known that ended when They went to Oakland for fresh start aft the Phi connie mac sons sold my mistake to a part owner of NYY with out knowing hey it was in the 50s

only other time to 3 peat

WS1988
WS1989
WS1990
1-2 won Vs rival SFGs

Just since 68 when AL-NL went 2 div in each and CS game and in al after NYY A's 15 div win 6 AL pents 4 rings since 68 2nd best in AL .

since 89 no ring a slow 5 years but in since 4 divs 1 wc with avg pay roll 45-65 Million and going for 9th winning seasons in 10 yr last yr first lost season since 98.

They all were doing somthing like 60 percent and sfg and Oakland and NYY had most but true me 60% were doing something.