PDA

View Full Version : What does everyone expect from the Washington Wizards come next season?

JordansBulls
07-03-2008, 08:54 PM
What does everyone expect from the Washington Wizards come next season?

Now that the team has resigned Arenas and Jamison and basically has their same team from the past few years what do you expect them to do?

With a trio of Arenas, Butler and Jamison you would think nothing is acceptable unless they made it to the conference finals.

Has this team been underachieving the past few years or is just getting to the playoffs the best they can do?

jason17
07-03-2008, 09:19 PM
What does everyone expect from the Washington Wizards come next season?

Now that the team has resigned Arenas and Jamison and basically has their same team from the past few years what do you expect them to do?

With a trio of Arenas, Butler and Jamison you would think nothing is acceptable unless they made it to the conference finals.

Has this team been underachieving the past few years or is just getting to the playoffs the best they can do?
I expect nother playoff apperance but this time Wizs go more deep.

Second City
07-03-2008, 11:22 PM
I expect another injury prone season and a first round loss to the Cavs.

Afridi786
07-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Same old, Same old.

Leftcoast_yg
07-03-2008, 11:25 PM
I expect nother playoff apperance but this time Wizs go more deep.

heard that before 2 season ago and still this question pops up again it might be the same next summer

Gilbert>TheRest
07-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Wizards go to the eastern conference finals or at least the second round

Gilbert>TheRest
07-03-2008, 11:26 PM
heard that before 2 season ago and still this question pops up again it might be the same next summer

thats because r players keep getting hurt

daleja424
07-03-2008, 11:27 PM
I expect the same old thing. A good start... then injuries. Then they sneak into the playoffs and lose again

cmellofan15
07-03-2008, 11:28 PM
I expect another injury prone season and a first round loss to the Cavs.

most reasonable situation but if dey have A HEALTHY LINEUP THEY WILL A HAVE A CHANCE AT THE TITLE. quote it copy and sell that to everyone beacause a couple seasons ago they were number 1 in the first half of the season wit this lineup all healthy. they will b n tha playoffs regardless but wit caron gilbert and jamison together i think the only team n the east who can compete n the regular season will b the celtics but things change n the playofffs

Ph1lly Diehard
07-03-2008, 11:51 PM
Theres to many up and coming teams now for the Wizards to just sneak into the playoffs and go far.. Look at the teams that are going to be improved..

Heat
76ers
Hawks
Bobcats

To many teams that are going to be fighting for playoff spots, and I expect the Wizards to be in the mix too.

I see a first round exit again to be honest.. You look at the teams that were close to them like the Raptors.. And what do they do? They keep everyone from last year, but they trade away TJ Ford for an allstar in Jermaine O'Neal.. That trade put them in the class with the Magics, Cavaliers, etc.

BADizzleBoY
07-03-2008, 11:52 PM
76ers + Smith + Jones= ecf

ManRam
07-03-2008, 11:59 PM
They'll make the playoffs, but this team isn't a team. I don't like how it's being constructed. They just don't have winners on their team. They were a 42-40 team when the big three were last healthy for a whole year. They were 41-41 in 2006-2007. Yes, they had a decent year last year, without Gil, but I don't think it is a coincidence that they did well without him.

As long as they have Gil, Jamison and Butler, they'll be a good team, but never a great one. They need to fill out the team around them, specifically with size. The East is getting bigger, and they are small.

Rapthug
07-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Same old story.....they'll win some games and make the playoffs. And throughout the whole season we'll have to listen to Gilbert talk about how great they are and that they are the most dangerous team. But the bottom line is that they can't play defense....especially Gilbert....so they'll be one and done in the playoffs.

ra8erfan111
07-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Washington is the Phoenix Suns and Golden State Warriors of the east coast. They run and gun to try and outscore their opponents. This works in the regular season, but the playoffs are a totally different story. So good job on keeping the big 3 together to stay in the playoffs. They might want to focus on some role players (defense oriented)...you gotta think that Eddie Jordan will be outta there after next season if they dont go deep into the playoffs. Unfortunately, that is how it works sometimes in the NBA. The franchise just threw all this money towards Arenas and Jamison, so now they want instant results. In my opinion, anything less than the eastern conference finals this year is unacceptable!

PDT4LIFE
07-04-2008, 09:36 AM
First Round Playoff Loss

LakeShow
07-04-2008, 09:58 AM
They'll make the playoffs. Maybe win a series. But they have no chance at winning a championship.

PHILLYNIKES
07-04-2008, 10:06 AM
I expect the same thing every year they make the playoffs and then they bounce cant believe they gave agent zero that money biggest mistake they made

DrDEADalready
07-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Samesies as last year. make the playoffs but wont win a championship

Beasley'sBeauty
07-04-2008, 01:44 PM
To make it past the 1st Rd and finally beat Clevland.

superkegger
07-04-2008, 01:45 PM
If they're healthy, which is a big if, 2nd round.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-04-2008, 02:06 PM
i expect clevland to knock them out of the playoffs 4yrs in a row.

_Sn1P3r_
07-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Playoffs, first round loss to Cleveland. Pretty much what happens like every year.

Pran Raznor
07-04-2008, 07:22 PM
The Washington Arenas will be screwed for 6 more years

Arenaslover
07-04-2008, 10:43 PM
We will be the best team in the league.

BADizzleBoY
07-04-2008, 10:44 PM
They will be a 5-7 seed, who will maybe get to the second round. No further.

Gilbert>TheRest
07-04-2008, 11:07 PM
haters :pity:

Dalionking
07-04-2008, 11:10 PM
i think it all depends on injuries. with butler, agent 0, cant remember his name but the center out because of his heart. if they are healthy the will be a playoff team and be pretty damn good too

BADizzleBoY
07-04-2008, 11:12 PM
haters :pity:

you guys maybe have 3 good players and one great. The rest are players I've never heard of. You guys have no bench.

Gilbert>TheRest
07-04-2008, 11:18 PM
you guys maybe have 3 good players and one great. The rest are players I've never heard of. You guys have no bench.

:confused:

r bench isnt great but we have one of the better ones in the nba

BADizzleBoY
07-04-2008, 11:22 PM
:confused:

r bench isnt great but we have one of the better ones in the nba

Andray Blatche, Antonio daniels, Javale mcgee, dominic mcguire, oleksiy pecherov, darius songalia, etan thomas,nick young.

I lied I've heard of three of your bench players.

Yogi
07-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Andray Blatche, Antonio daniels, Javale mcgee, dominic mcguire, oleksiy pecherov, darius songalia, etan thomas,nick young.

I lied I've heard of three of your bench players.

Which ones?

I know them all. :p

Dalionking
07-04-2008, 11:32 PM
they dont have a bad team.
a decent center in haywood and when you combine jamison, butler, stevenson and arenas they have a pretty good team. blatche is very versitle and nick young has a ton of potential. thomas is the wild card. he was the starter till the heart problem

arlubas
07-05-2008, 03:06 AM
Have an average season, get to the playoffs as a 4th-6th seed, lose in the first (or second at the very best) round. Same old story for the Wizs actually. I just can't see them changing that drastically while keeping the same core for so many years. Gil may be a great individual player but I don't think he can lead a winning team.

Leftcoast_yg
07-05-2008, 03:16 AM
they dont have a bad team.
a decent center in haywood and when you combine jamison, butler, stevenson and arenas they have a pretty good team. blatche is very versitle and nick young has a ton of potential. thomas is the wild card. he was the starter till the heart problem

i dont mean to judge but everytime i seen etan thomas play his eyes were dialated alot, iwonder if he was on some drugs like glass(tweak) because that will give you heart problems but forgive me if im wrong, but the signs were there, he looked like he had cat eyes....:confused:

Jay22Redd
07-05-2008, 03:19 AM
They are going to be good but with other teams adding new additions in the east, they might become a lower seed. Look for them at probably the 7th or 8th seed.

raptors_516
07-05-2008, 12:06 PM
3-7 seed
mabye they can get into the second round but not any further

QuaLiThADoN
07-05-2008, 02:57 PM
another injury from arenas is what i expect..... he is way too overated

MiamiHeat
07-05-2008, 02:59 PM
wont make it to the playoffs

BALLER71
07-05-2008, 03:13 PM
I expect alot but then they will dissapoint.
Again...

Mane
07-05-2008, 03:49 PM
They in the championship, Deshawn Stevenson gets MVP, Oleksiy Pecherov takes over the world. Lithuania wins the olympics because of Darrius Songalia.

#1Mavericksfan
07-05-2008, 04:11 PM
I expect them to make the playoffs but I'm not sure how far they will go, the team was kinda good without Arenas.

Mallpha
07-05-2008, 04:13 PM
They have a bunch of great players but as a team they suck. Second round is most they can do even if they will be healthy.

JordansBulls
07-06-2008, 10:58 PM

:speechless:

ridere46
07-07-2008, 01:46 AM
they'll make the playoffs (and loose in the first round) because they're in the east. they are not getting any better than they are now or a year ago. Gil will probably regret not going to the warriors.

*Superman*
07-07-2008, 02:12 AM
barely above .500.

BigEric
07-07-2008, 02:25 AM
The team doesn't have much excitement. It's like blah blah blah. The most excitement will be Deshawn Stevenson-Lebron war and development of Nick Young.

Gilbert>TheRest
07-07-2008, 08:35 AM

r u kidding me? they have a way better chance than the heat

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 08:46 AM
The team doesn't have much excitement. It's like blah blah blah. The most excitement will be Deshawn Stevenson-Lebron war and development of Nick Young.

LOL As funny as you made this look... It's true.

If there is one player (in my eyes) that's overpayed, overrated, and overly self-conceited, it would have to be Gilbert Arenas.

How can a point guard only average under 6 assists? He's had PLENTY of time to dish it out. More than 30 minutes a game (averaged throughout his whole career).

How can a "great" shooter shoot a FG% worse than Allen Iverson, and score less than him?

He also can't play a lick of defense, even though he sort-of tries.

I have the right to criticize Gilbert, because I actually was a fan of his about 3 years ago. Now? He's all talk and no walk. Hibachi this, 50 points that, nacho this, 60 points that. I haven't seen the Wizards that much in the postseason. If there is one thing I would have to say about Gilbert, it would have to be that he knows how to stir up some bull **** with the media. He's a great media guy.

I think the guy is just wayyyyyy to over hyped.

He's a great player, definitely an All-Star from the past 2-3 years.

There is a difference between all-stars, super-stars, and legends.

Ragun
07-07-2008, 08:52 AM
I expect them to go past first round and if they dont do it this year, I dont think they ever will that big 3 mainly because they are aging. Jamison is over 30, so is Daniels but Blatche is young but by the looks of it, it doesnt look like they going far if they dont pass first round next year.

Tom Stone
07-07-2008, 08:59 AM
They can win games if they stay healthy....whitch is a strech.
But i really think they should have gone a differnt way then with Gilbert arenas.