PDA

View Full Version : Report: Orioles looking at Jays' Eckstein

x_notorious
07-03-2008, 08:38 PM
According to the Baltimore Sun, the Orioles' interest in Felipe Lopez has waned and the team is now talking to the Blue Jays about David Eckstein.
This goes hand in hand with the rumor that the Jays want to trade A.J. Burnett for a shortstop. They don't think Eckstein is the answer at the position, so they might be willing to trade him immediately. He will carry a higher price tag than Lopez, though. Since he's a free agent at season's end and the Orioles still aren't at all likely to contend for a playoff spot, it'd be a mistake to surrender a quality prospect.

rotoworld

Driven
07-03-2008, 09:56 PM
ugh. Eckstein is HORRIBLE. At least Lopez has some talent.

Tragedy
07-05-2008, 08:40 PM
What exactly is the reason to bring in Eckstein for the rest of this season? What does that do? I don't think many people see the O's as serious contenders this year, so, having him around for the rest of the season does what, exactly?

douglyMichael
07-05-2008, 08:58 PM
What exactly is the reason to bring in Eckstein for the rest of this season? What does that do? I don't think many people see the O's as serious contenders this year, so, having him around for the rest of the season does what, exactly?

Absolutely nothing. Terrible idea.

bmurphy28
07-05-2008, 09:18 PM
even the announcers thought this was a bad idea. they think he is a better fit on a contender as a bench player

Driven
07-05-2008, 10:08 PM
He's better fit in the Independent League.

Tragedy
07-06-2008, 11:11 AM
He's better fit in the Independent League.
I know some of the little league teams in my town that need some of that "leadership" that he brings to the table. :eyebrow:

Like said by me and others, my god the O's would be ignorant to take this guy.