PDA

View Full Version : Favre to Carolina?

Soop
07-03-2008, 06:41 PM
ProFootballTalk.com reports that Brett Favre's agent is privately saying that he wants to play for the Panthers.

There's not really an obvious reason for wanting to play in Carolina, but it's close to his hometown in Mississippi. He clearly feels he'd win the starting job over Jake Delhomme, and that the Panthers have a team that will compete in the NFC. If Favre really wants to make this interesting, he'd play for the Bears.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/03/cooks-privately-says-favre-wants-to-be-a-panther/

jwdaly07
07-03-2008, 06:44 PM
The guy said it's all rumor, until I hear otherwise, this is all bull****.

And there's zero chance Favre goes to the Bears. Even if he did, they would still probably suck. What makes you think the guy who was pissed over not getting Randy Moss wants to play with Brandon Lloyd, Marty Booker and Devin Hester?

Soop
07-03-2008, 06:51 PM
The guy said it's all rumor, until I hear otherwise, this is all bull****.

Isn't that his agent? I'm hearing that he was on ESPN a little while ago talking about it. I can't really say I saw it on ESPN because I'm at work but it's interesting nevertheless.

Rtardz
07-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Sooper you just love stickin your nose in Packer news constantly?

Rtardz
07-03-2008, 07:30 PM
why dont you go back to your little bears room and stay there, Ive seen you report everything that has come out of this in every room, shouldnt your worry about your team, I mean you guys do have alot to talk about your team as well.

hughest4
07-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Let the guy post here, he is doing nothing wrong. Like i said yesterday he is a Bears fan and this whole Favre situation definitely affects his team. As far as this rumor is concerned i can almost understand why Favre would want to go there, and i definitely think Carolina would want him. Its not like they would be ruining there future by pissing off Delhomme and benching him. The guy is 33 years old already.

Still i hope nothing like this happens

Rtardz
07-03-2008, 07:41 PM
I apologize, my nerves are about as high as they can get right now with all this.

dbrodz
07-03-2008, 08:03 PM
It's all bull**** doesn't everyone remember the reason Favre retired? It was because he was sick of preparing for games and being in the film room. If he switches teams he has to learn an entire offense and prepare harder than he even did last year. Think he's up for it? This whole playing for a different team is such garbage because no one remembers what he said.

servais77
07-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Cool I have tickets to the Carolina vs. Green Bay game November 30th.

jamielove
07-03-2008, 08:47 PM
i too believe its all bulls$$t. if nothing else maybe hes doin this to let them know he wants to come back if things do go bad. otherwise let him follow in reggies footsteps if he wants too...... we all remember how that worked out.

Smithy04
07-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Wow this is all creating a lot of drama.

Favre, just come back so that we can win the Super Bowl (hopefully) and then we can all be happy.

4favre4
07-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Favre will be back in Greenbay Rodgers may end up with the panthers.
TT beter not turn Brett away.

WSUJJ
07-03-2008, 11:57 PM
What makes you think the guy who was pissed over not getting Randy Moss wants to play with Brandon Lloyd, Marty Booker and Devin Hester?

Mart Booker retired this past offseason

hughest4
07-04-2008, 12:00 AM

Are you sure about that, because i don't remember that ever happening. I'm almost positive he signed a 2 year contract with the Bears this offseason. He is still relatively young at 31 years old so he will most likely play a little bit longer before he calls it quits

yboord028
07-04-2008, 12:01 AM

No he didn't...

And what do you expect this is Pro Football Talk if anybody says anything about anything football related they will relay it even though it is for the most part false. The guy who writes there I believe Mike Florio just basically voices what he wants to happen but it doesn't. He kept saying the Dolphins would not take Jake Long and will take Gholston until the day before he signed, and apparently he was citing "sources". You can't always believe this crap, most of the time it is false.

newdude
07-04-2008, 01:19 AM
*Imagine Favre with Steve Smith*
Great combo but aint gonna happen.

iam brett favre
07-04-2008, 01:59 AM
Imagine Favre with Driver+Jennings!

Rtardz
07-04-2008, 06:44 AM
imagine Favre with Driver, Jennings, Nelson and Jones

Richinillinois
07-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Marcus Robinson retired, Booker is the Bears #1 wideout.....

Pcs Papa
07-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Favre will be back in Greenbay Rodgers may end up with the panthers.
TT beter not turn Brett away.
totally agree

Ryan Diesel
07-04-2008, 02:04 PM

Yeah thanks for adding even more disinformation to our forum. If you don't know your stuff, always check your facts before posting. This is how rumors get started.

Soop
07-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Marcus Robinson retired, Booker is the Bears #1 wideout.....

Marcus was a Viking last year, he just signed a sign & release contract so he could retire as a Bear.

newdude
07-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Imagine Favre with Driver+Jennings!

We've already seen it for 2 seasons, let's imagine for a third one:cool:

Ryan Diesel
07-06-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm just afraid our receivers development will suffer going from a HOF QB to a guy making his first start ever. I've seen a lot of QB's first starts in my day. First seasons even. Pretty rare one just has success right out the gate. Even Romo came out blazing but did some dumb ****tee that cost his team the game in the playoffs. You have to go through a lotta up's and downs with a new QB. The league will adjust to him, and he'll have to readjust to the league before we even know how good he is. I just think with the team we have now, it's not a good idea to take a step or two back if you can avoid it. It's not like we could possible get Steve McNair here, it's F'n Favre, trust me. It's a really good thing when Favre is your QB.

darwin31
07-06-2008, 08:32 PM
You know, I made a comment in the Jason Taylor thread about how Farve "messed up" a lot of Packer fans in the head with this annual "will he or wont he" retirement decision. This comment was taken pretty hashly by some people.

I would like to point out the number of Farve threads in this forum right now and the fact that it is all anyone in this forum is talking about.

newdude
07-06-2008, 08:46 PM
You know, I made a comment in the Jason Taylor thread about how Farve "messed up" a lot of Packer fans in the head with this annual "will he or wont he" retirement decision. This comment was taken pretty hashly by some people.

I would like to point out the number of Farve threads in this forum right now and the fact that it is all anyone in this forum is talking about.

darwin31: 1)This IS the offseason btw, not alot going on. 2)This IS Favre we're talking about, not some chump player, but a first ballot HOF and regarded as one of the greatest QB to ever step on the field.
:eyebrow:

SDteacher
07-06-2008, 10:08 PM
why would he want to go to an average at best team and have to learn a new playbook. Too much goes into playing for a different team. If he retired from the packers because of all the work he had to put in between games imagine how much work he'll have to put in learning a new system and working with new coaches and players. Packers or nobody, just my opinion though.