PDA

View Full Version : Warriors will make playoffs??

thebayarea
07-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Ight if you think of it the warriors will have a shot of being a playoff team

Because I just know monta ellis is going to have a breakout year. if he continoues on what he did last year the warriors will do fine.

And we dont need baron davis.we just lost a leader not our mvp
our new leader cold be monta ellis and we already have our mvp stephen jackson

Because remember jack missed like the 1st 6 games we went 0-6 .jack will be key for our season . even other people say jack is the most valable player in the warriors because he helped us turn around a 0-6 start. thats hard to do. and we started 0-6 with baron.barons better than that but 0-6 for the first 6 games .cmon baron.u have have won just atleat 4 out of the 6 we would of made the playoffs

we dnt need baron

we will make the playoffs
what do yall think

oracle650
07-03-2008, 06:28 PM
jack is my favorite player when he didn't show up in games it was from being tired and worn out. baron didn't show up cus he didn't feel like it. jack never quit on us. you see him bustin vs phx? on easter vs LA. we quit cryin we can sign 2 players maybe 3 for all the space that cat cleared. let brand stay in smeLA.
we have nothing to be mad about or scared of.

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Its too early to tell if were going back to the playoffs cuz we only have like 5players signed (belinelli, harrington, jackson, perovic, & wright)..however if we can retain ellis, biedrins, azubuike..and then add to it with maybe josh smith or/and chauncey billups, and sebastian telfair or another viable back-up PG..i could see playoffs again..and yes Monta will break out next year..i'm thinking like 25 ppg...and with our other youngsters improving we should be fine.

kevin98189
07-03-2008, 06:58 PM
i feel as though stephen jackson is our leader and MVP! we were lost in the beginning of last season and when he came back we were back. And he always came through in clutch moments. i think thats how the warriors front office feels. they prolli didnt want to deal with money hungry davis, who is a fake leader.

ejdacanay
07-03-2008, 08:05 PM
no way we make it.

tru_warrior
07-03-2008, 08:29 PM
okay so we were 1-6 without Captain Jack to begin the season...

but can you honestly say that we would've been better if it had been Baron who was suspended for the first 7?

Baron keeps this offense running. Where would Andris be without those pick and rolls with Baron? Who would thread the needle to give Beans those easy buckets? I know Beans and Jack ran the pick and roll together...but SO many times they miscommunicated and Jack threw the ball behind AB.

Baron makes everyone on this team better. Sure we lost our first six games...but thats because Jack is a piece of the puzzle...not the ONLY piece we need.

oracle650
07-03-2008, 08:30 PM
no way we make it.

so ur gonna find a new team in.....counting. purple jersey wearin.....LOL thats the spirit. keep that to yourself. :mad: it is too early to say that. you should always think you can. :Dpesimistic jus a little bit. we got money to play with get off baron's....there is no more room.

ejdacanay
07-03-2008, 08:45 PM
so ur gonna find a new team in.....counting. purple jersey wearin.....LOL thats the spirit. keep that to yourself. :mad: it is too early to say that. you should always think you can. :Dpesimistic jus a little bit. we got money to play with get off baron's....there is no more room.

ive been a fan for decade and a half silly. theres a fine line between being real and being a fan.

Lakers
Suns
Hornets
Spurs
Jazz
Mavericks
Rockets
Portland
Clippers
Nuggets

Tell me which of those teams we are better then? Lets play devils advocate and say Brand and Baron godes down, Nuggets have a melt down, and Suns are not of old. Are we better then anyone still?

Nope.

And for optimism sake I'm looking to 010 and next years possible heavy young PG class.

oracle650
07-03-2008, 09:03 PM
ive been a fan for decade and a half silly. theres a fine line between being real and being a fan.

Lakers
Suns
Hornets
Spurs
Jazz
Mavericks
Rockets
Portland
Clippers
Nuggets

Tell me which of those teams we are better then? Lets play devils advocate and say Brand and Baron godes down, Nuggets have a melt down, and Suns are not of old. Are we better then anyone still?

Nope.

And for optimism sake I'm looking to 010 and next years possible heavy young PG class.

how do we know man that's all I'm saying. it's the off season. And last year we were better then all of those teams hell should have been 3 games vs the Lakers. but i'm sure when fisher threw ellis to the ground that was a good offensive foul call to cost us the game right? realisticly we are playing with real money no monopoly doe. no telling who we might land. only team that gave us trouble was utah. :cool:

tru_warrior
07-03-2008, 09:07 PM
we do have the money but there isn't anyone to pick up right now who would turn this thing around and make us better than those teams EJ listed. we just gotta be patient for another year as hard as it is for us to do...

IamTurboman
07-03-2008, 09:48 PM
I think with the cap room we have we can become a playoff team. Mully is going to have to go quick though, because we need to make the trades and sign guy while we still have cap room. When Monta, Andris, Buike and whoever re-sign we will no longer have the cap room. How the cap works though is that we can go over the cap to sign free agents already on our roster.

Tmac416
07-03-2008, 10:25 PM
people need to understand too that we ca take a contract if team jsut wants to clear room. for example like John Hollenger from ESPN.com who does the PER(player efficeny rating) btw, you dont want to know what randolphs is(lowest since PER was created in 2000) but the warriors can basically trade a second round pickj to the nets for vince carter staright up. So while we may not make the big spalsh now, we are in the position to later. people wonder how gasol got on the alkers for nothing. well becuas memphis is absolutly desprate for cap room. there will be teams that truelly jsut want cap sace and comew frebruary if nothing happens the warrios will be there with flowers saying ok hand him over