PDA

View Full Version : Raptors summer league schedule?

Silver.
07-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Can anyone give me the times and dates?I'd like to see the new guys play.

Ragun
07-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Raps Summer League Schedule:

July 12- 4:00p.m. (ET) - Toronto Raptors vs. Sacramento Kings
July 14- 6:00p.m. (ET) - Toronto Raptors vs. Denver Nuggets
July 17- 8:00p.m. (ET) - Toronto Raptors vs. Philadelphia 76ers
July 18- 8:30p.m. (ET) - Toronto Raptors vs. LA Lakers
July 19- 6:00p.m. (ET) - Toronto Raptors vs. Golden State Warriors

Silver.
07-03-2008, 07:13 PM
lol that looks like our west coast trip, minus the Jazz.

The Wise 1
07-03-2008, 07:59 PM
anyone know if there going to be shown on Raps TV?

Tom Stone
07-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Andrea played SF is whole life and went as the #1 pick as a SF....His rookie campaign was great at the SF, chaseing brandon Roy for rookie of the year...over 13 pionts a game...as a rookie that's good......It was this make him a Center idea that has ruined his second year....Barg is still a project...but at least at the Sf spot he's comfortable and will grow there easy....He reminded me of a young Dirk or tall larry bird with they great court vision......And I don't have to argue about this...just go back and watch film from his rookie year and you'll see what I'm saying.....And i liked putting three seven footers on the floor at once ....it bows well for our defence.....witch we always lacked.......Peace

Bob_at_york
07-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Andrea played SF is whole life and went as the #1 pick as a SF....His rookie campaign was great at the SF, chaseing brandon Roy for rookie of the year...over 13 pionts a game...as a rookie that's good......It was this make him a Center idea that has ruined his second year....Barg is still a project...but at least at the Sf spot he's comfortable and will grow there easy....He reminded me of a young Dirk or tall larry bird with they great court vision......And I don't have to argue about this...just go back and watch film from his rookie year and you'll see what I'm saying.....And i liked putting three seven footers on the floor at once ....it bows well for our defence.....witch we always lacked.......Peace

what does this have to do with summer league?

Fion
07-03-2008, 09:58 PM
actually andreas rookie campaign was spent mostly as a PF. He cant gaurd sf in this league, hes a PF in a centers body.

The Wise 1
07-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Wrong, Andrea was drafted 1st overall for his potential to bring his SF skills to the C/bigman position. If you want to compare him to swingmen he is no where near the top 100 swingmen in the league. But what does this have to do with the Raptors summer league?

Also, is Andrea playing in the summer league? And no, having 3 bigmen in the lineup does not bold well for our defence, since one cant block shots, rebound better then a SF or guard SF's.

_Sn1P3r_
07-04-2008, 08:55 PM
lol that looks like our west coast trip, minus the Jazz.

Haha true that.. Can't wait to see the new people play.

Beach Rock
07-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Anybody know who we are putting on the court in the summer league?? Is Raptors TV carrying any of it?

BoomCasa
07-06-2008, 09:47 PM

thats a great point Tom, i mean its funny how they wanted to make him post up...when even CHRIS BOSH doesn't post up all that often...isn't that ridiculous? a 7 foot player who can play facing the basket, and they wanna flush that down the toilet...omg that sam mitchell. i mean i've seen mitchell as a player...and he was the sharpest tool in the shed back then...and that hasn't changed since he became a coach...

The Wise 1
07-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Wasnt Sam's idea. It was the whole organization.

The Wise 1
07-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Whose going to be on it?

Andrea? Ukic? Jawai? Moon (probably not)?

Bob_at_york
07-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Whose going to be on it?

Andrea? Ukic? Jawai? Moon (probably not)?

I doubt Andrea. I am hoping for Ukic, Jawai and maybe Adams.

Beach Rock
07-06-2008, 11:23 PM
I caught somewhere that Andrea is busy with his program and this is not in his schedule, also that Ukic is tied up with his country's team. Not sure if there's any truth to either. I am hoping Nathan Jawai but I don't know who they'll field after that...so its not released yet?

Dragan
07-07-2008, 01:23 AM
well if croatia is playing in the olympics or if they are in the qualifying tournament then Ukic is not going to play in the summer leage.

Bob_at_york
07-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Okay Doug said in his blog that RaptorsTV should be showing summer league games. Speaking about the roster:

Speaking of this week, while all the shenanigans are going on at the ACC, the summer league team convenes in Vegas tomorrow for a couple of days of practice before starting to play at the end of the week.

We still havenít seen a roster (I expect thatíll be out there today sometime) but am told by Someone Whoíd Know that it looks like Joey Graham will be out there, trying to do something to resurrect his game after spending most of last season at the end of the bench or the inactive list.

Grahamís the enigma, of course. Good Joey, Bad Joey and all that. No one has any real idea whether he can be a major contributor this year or not (I suspect history holds and itís more ďnotĒ) but there are those in the organization who still think he can be a major player here and theyíre giving him every opportunity to prove it.

Oh, and one name I didnít hear around the summer league team was Jamario Moon. There seems to be some question of whether or not heíll play. I canít see why he wouldnít (itís not like his game is entirely polished) but itís not 100 per cent yet that heíll be there.

Link: http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

nads83
07-07-2008, 09:36 PM
dont see the need for moon to play. not like his shot will improve during the course of summerleague. joey on the other should play, scouting reasons. if he sucks, he gets a seat furthest away from the coaches. no PT