PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in A.J. Burnett or a young SS such as Jack Wilson?

levignjw
07-03-2008, 06:15 PM
After reading ESPN's rumblings and grumblings article, i noticed it mentioned whether or not the tigers would option to pick up renteria's $11million contract...IMO I do not think the tigers are looking to do this, now, I also read on ESPN that the blue jays would consider shopping AJ Burnett for a short stop because they are not happy with the play of david eckstein @ SS...so, do you think the tigers would trade Renteria to the Jays for AJ and then perhaps move Carlos back to SS and Inge to 3? Or, if we left carlos at third do you think they would have any thoughts of maybe trying to train Inge for SS since he's such a versatile player?

If not, do you think the tigers should shop renteria for an up-and-coming SS such as Jack Wilson from the Pirates?

cubsfan9124
07-05-2008, 02:17 AM
He's 30 and been in the league for seven years and you think he's an up and coming ss?

Bondomania
07-05-2008, 10:42 AM
If they shopped Renteria, then i think Hollimon would be the everyday shortstop. I know they really like him, and he has massive power. Also he plays the game with energy and has the range to play everyday. So therefore, i am for that trade, because i know what AJ could be. Either that, or i say we could shop danny worth, our young SS in AA that has major league defense right now, however, the bat is lagging behind.

smarkow
07-08-2008, 11:33 AM
I don't see how anyone would accept renteria for AJ burnett.