PDA

View Full Version : Its Officially The End Of The Jagr Era

letsgorangers27
07-03-2008, 05:10 PM
4:54pm ET - Sather about Jagr: "I talked to Jaromir today and waited for a call for the last couple of days and nothing happened, so we decided they were going to move on."

4:53pm ET - Jagr will not be signing with the Rangers, Rangers GM Glen Sather just confirmed.
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/freeagents/journal.html

congrats slats on ruining this team in 3 days of offseason

Ragun
07-03-2008, 05:49 PM
You guys got a bunch of other pretty good players so its all good. You guys cant afford him anyway.

Do0msday
07-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Well what would have happened if Jagr didn't want to come back? They called him, gave him a chance to get in touch with them, and he didn't. They needed someone and got Naslund. What happens if they had waited and Jagr said he wasn't coming back, and then Naslund was already picked up by another team?

yanks024
07-03-2008, 07:45 PM

He didnt ruin this team he made it better. From this source you gave us it said that the rangers are offering mara a contract as well as they havent ruled out resigning shannahan. Also he mentioned the fact that naslund didnt talk with sundin which leads me to think that he has a connection which may lure sundin to ny... not saying its true but its possible...jagr isnt the answer b/c yes he is a great player at his age but his leadership isnt as good b/c it revolves all around him... if shannahan is resigned and sundin does in fact sign this team will be solidified. the defense will be solidified as well with mara comming back and wade redden with youngsters such as staal, girardi and newly acquired kalinin who prob be 3rd pair defensman. The leadership of this team would be amazing especially 4 the young players... even if sundin doesnt come or shanny im sure there will be another deal to solidify this team but jagr (yes would love to have him back) but if not the rangers can succeed without him...just my opinion

NIN
07-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Still amazez me this team has Cherepanov, Anizmov, Sanguinetti, Sauer, and Baranka all waiting in the wings. This team will be wicked for a long time to come. And as for Jagr, Sather said that if things don't work out for Jagr in Russia they can always talk and see what happens. I don't think you've seen the end of the Jagr back with the Rangers rumors.

lamontenyr
07-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Right now I am pretty excited with what has happened so far. I am going to miss Jagr of course but his production has gone down dramatically over these past two seasons. I think for the Rangers to be at their best they need a talented winger to work well with Gomez and unfortunately that wasn't really the case with Jagr. Hopefully Naslund can fit the role much better. He's a good leader and I really think he can match the 71 pts Jagr put up last year. I still think the Rangers can stand to find a tougher d man rather than trying to resign Mara...Hopefully they can get him for no more than 1.5 mil. The future looks so bright for this team with the prospects they have and I love the players they picked up from Columbus. Anybody have an idea of how much cap space the Rangers have now???

t3hg00se
07-03-2008, 10:30 PM
The rangers should have about 6 mil in the bank. you cam check at nhlnumbers.com

nrmax88
07-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Right now I am pretty excited with what has happened so far. I am going to miss Jagr of course but his production has gone down dramatically over these past two seasons. I think for the Rangers to be at their best they need a talented winger to work well with Gomez and unfortunately that wasn't really the case with Jagr. Hopefully Naslund can fit the role much better. He's a good leader and I really think he can match the 71 pts Jagr put up last year. I still think the Rangers can stand to find a tougher d man rather than trying to resign Mara...Hopefully they can get him for no more than 1.5 mil. The future looks so bright for this team with the prospects they have and I love the players they picked up from Columbus. Anybody have an idea of how much cap space the Rangers have now???

Jagr is declining yes, and Naslund is doing what? Progressing? Stop drinking the Sather koolaid.

nascar10294
07-04-2008, 10:20 AM
If we knew we'd lose Avery and Jagar why didn't we put out aan amazing offer for Hossa just to get some offensive help?

NIN
07-04-2008, 11:10 AM
If we knew we'd lose Avery and Jagar why didn't we put out aan amazing offer for Hossa just to get some offensive help?

Trust me. Scoring is not gonna be a problem for this team. Jagr's 25 goals was replaced by Naslund's 25 goals. And Zherdev can be a complete dynamic player for this team. As I said...with Scott Gomez, Zherdev can score 40 this year. A line of Naslund, Gomez, and Zherdev is absolutely killer. The speed on that line is rediculous.

lamontenyr
07-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Jagr is declining yes, and Naslund is doing what? Progressing? Stop drinking the Sather koolaid.

Naslund is defintely declining too, but I certainly think he can match Jagr's production for probably around $3 million less. He's got more speed and hopefully his production these last 3 years decreased so much because of the style of hockey the Canucks have played. I do think Gomez Zherdev and Naslund could be an incredible line. Ranger fans know all too well that a line with that much speed and talent can be overwhelming. I think the question now is what's next...I still think they need another solid second line scorer. I would be drinking the Sather koolaid if I were to say they shold throw a multi-million dollar contract at Shannahan. If speed and youth is the theme for next year's team, Shanny shouldn't be on the Ranger's minds. What I don't get is why they didn't bring back Avery. Young, fast, and plays the role the Rangers probably won't find with what's left in the free agent market. I'll guess we'll have to see what happens.

letsgorangers27
07-04-2008, 01:41 PM

hossa is overrated. put anyone on a line w/ nhl superstars and they'll succed. like in ottawa he had spezza and alfie, atlanta he had kovalchuk, and pittsburgh he had crosby and malkin. now in detroit zetterberg and datsyuk. this guy has had the opportunity on playing with the leagues best his whole career. if you noticed when a guy plays with a star their numbers go up. ie malone on a line w/ crosby. straka w/ jagr. and a **** load more. hossa was talked about so much because this is a poor fa class.

messleetch94
07-05-2008, 02:53 AM

If anyone is to blame, it;s Jagr for not playing with heart in the beginning. If he wanted to play in NY, he would have put up the 83 or 84 points he needed for his extension to kick in. Then half of the Ranger fans wouldn't be crying right now.

nascar10294
07-05-2008, 09:50 AM
hossa is overrated. put anyone on a line w/ nhl superstars and they'll succed. like in ottawa he had spezza and alfie, atlanta he had kovalchuk, and pittsburgh he had crosby and malkin. now in detroit zetterberg and datsyuk. this guy has had the opportunity on playing with the leagues best his whole career. if you noticed when a guy plays with a star their numbers go up. ie malone on a line w/ crosby. straka w/ jagr. and a **** load more. hossa was talked about so much because this is a poor fa class.

I actually think that Hossa would do a pretty good job. He made a diffrence w/ the penguins, so why couldn't he make a diffrence for the Rangers?

letsgorangers27
07-05-2008, 11:13 AM
dont get me wrong he's good and probably would. but i dont think he's what everyone makes him out to be.

BrooklynBalla20
07-05-2008, 11:41 AM
i always like jagr, hes a hall of fame player, and he had that memorable year after the lockout, but his production has gone down, although i still think he can score 30 a season. im gonna miss him, but i think naslund will do good and the rangers still have plenty of good players.

King Henrik
07-06-2008, 01:47 AM
sad to see you go Yahgs.

messleetch94
07-06-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm over Jagr being gone already, actually it didn't bother me. Not to take anything away from Gomer and Drury, but Nylander was the better fit for Jagr. He would have been cheaper (5.5mil last year) and Jagr would have been happier. But what's done is done and we're in good shape now.

Ragun
07-08-2008, 11:54 AM
great watching him play in the NHL...hope he returns.