3. Red Sox
4. Cubs
5. White Sox
6. Cardinals
7. Phillies
8. Twins
9. Athletics
10. Marlins

I think that the Cubs are slipping in the rankings and are hitting their first rough spot of the years at the wrong time of the year. They are in a slide going into the all star game which could really change the momentum that has really been with them all year. All the other teams seem to be getting hot right now which is really gtting me worried. But the good thing is that they are not healthy right now and will be healthy before the break. Soriano is coming back early. Big Z starting on Friday. Rami coming back after family issues. So I can kind of see why they have not been scoring the runs they usually do. which is one of the reasons for the slip. I think that they can get healthy before the break and get things rolling again going into the all star break they will be in good shape to pull away in this thing coming done the home stretch.

behindmydesk
07-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Yea i do not see us "pulling" away from the brewers. I think less then 3 games the winner in the division will win by. It could be even worse for the cubs if CC goes to Brewtown.

mawp
07-03-2008, 04:29 PM
They're "slipping" because Zambrano, Ramirez, Soriano, Johnson, Theriot, Eyre have all missed some PT.

thawv
07-03-2008, 04:50 PM
1. Rays
2. Angels
3. Red Sox
4. Cubs
5. White Sox
6. Cardinals
7. Phillies
8. Twins
9. Athletics
10. Marlins

I think that the Cubs are slipping in the rankings and are hitting their first rough spot of the years at the wrong time of the year. They are in a slide going into the all star game which could really change the momentum that has really been with them all year. All the other teams seem to be getting hot right now which is really gtting me worried. But the good thing is that they are not healthy right now and will be healthy before the break. Soriano is coming back early. Big Z starting on Friday. Rami coming back after family issues. So I can kind of see why they have not been scoring the runs they usually do. which is one of the reasons for the slip. I think that they can get healthy before the break and get things rolling again going into the all star break they will be in good shape to pull away in this thing coming done the home stretch.

With all due respect, this couldn't be a better time to slip a little.

*They are in first place.
*They are 17 games over .500 (still)
*It's not in September.
*They are playing their toughest road stretch of the year.
*The all star break stops momentum.
*They are not 100% healthy.

All things considered, better now than later and healthy. Nothing to worry about at this moment.

johnpeck22
07-03-2008, 04:55 PM
With all due respect, this couldn't be a better time to slip a little.

*They are in first place.
*They are 17 games over .500 (still)
*It's not in September.
*They are playing their toughest road stretch of the year.
*The all star break stops momentum.
*They are not 100% healthy.

All things considered, better now than later and healthy. Nothing to worry about at this moment.

:clap: well put. I would much rather slip a little now and get healed up - no need to worry

cubbyfanintx
07-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Dempster already has nine wins, and will probably have 10 wins at the all-star break. Why would someone bet against him winning 15?

jiggin
07-03-2008, 05:17 PM
this doesn't surprise me; the cubs have had a lot of injuries and a lot of players missing time. I would expect not only their performance but also their numbers to slip a little with so many people out.

Lets hope though, that when they come back to the lineup that the cubs pick up the pace they set in the first half with a full healthy roster.

behindmydesk
07-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Dempster already has nine wins, and will probably have 10 wins at the all-star break. Why would someone bet against him winning 15?

It's a jump to conclusions game! It'll be a hit, I'll make a fortune!

The bet was made preseason.

Diehdcubsfan2
07-03-2008, 05:55 PM
It's a jump to conclusions game! It'll be a hit, I'll make a fortune!

The bet was made preseason.

Is the looser really going to be banned forever though.

giventofly
07-03-2008, 06:01 PM
No, we can't do that. I'll probably just have the loser wear a signature of the other person's choice.

Like, if BMD loses, he has to wear a signature that says "cubswoo is the smartest poster ever" or something.

northsider
07-03-2008, 06:37 PM
I could care less about rankings lets just WIN.

behindmydesk
07-03-2008, 06:55 PM

Well according to GTF no, but if I lose, I have enough pride that I leave anyway. Either way, I'll say this, Cubswoo has come along quite a bit since the bet. For instance he realizes signing Kaz Matsui would have been a horrible idea.

DamnGoat
07-03-2008, 09:35 PM
They're "slipping" because Zambrano, Ramirez, Soriano, Johnson, Theriot, Eyre have all missed some PT.
And b/c Marmol has been very hittable lately, probably due to overuse.

BADizzleBoY
07-03-2008, 09:35 PM
How the **** are the cubs at fourth??? Sure they have had a slide in the past games but damn!

Iain
07-04-2008, 04:41 AM
4th is too high on current form, too low if you view the season as a whole. At the end of the day they're power rankings, so who cares?

Have to agree with everyone who says the All-Star break has come at the perfect time for this team.

WOwolfOL
07-04-2008, 05:09 AM
^ True, they have not played like the 4th best team in the league over these last 2 weeks so really nobody should be upset.

Surprised not to see Milwaukee. Not surprised to see us 4th, and certainly not upset.