PDA

View Full Version : S/T with orladno?

daleja424
07-03-2008, 03:28 PM
The Miami Heat, continuing to search for point guard help, has ''expressed great interest'' in Orlando Magic unrestricted free agent and former Heat backup Keyon Dooling, agent Rob Pelinka said Thursday.

Pelinka declined to say if Miami has made an offer but said the sides ``will continue to have a dialogue.''

The Heat hopes to acquire a point guard either through trade or with part of its mid-level exception, which is expected to be in the range of $5.8 million to $6 million.

The Heat also has inquired about several other veteran free-agent point guards, including Sebastian Telfair, Tyronn Lue and Jannero Pargo.

Other veteran free-agent point guards available include Carlos Arroyo, Eddie House, Anthony Johnson and Anthony Carter. Chicago Bulls free agent Chris Duhon reportedly is set to choose between the Magic and Knicks.

Dooling, 28, averaged 8.1 points, 1.8 assists, 1.4 rebounds and 18.5 minutes for Orlando last season, his third year with the Magic, and his 46.8 shooting percentage was much higher than his 41.7 career average. He shot 33.8 percent from three-point range.

He spent the 2004-05 season with the Heat, providing defense and energy off the bench and averaging 5.2 points and 1.8 assists in 74 games. He signed a three-year, $11 million deal with Orlando in summer 2005. A graduate of Fort Lauderdale's Dillard High, Dooling has started 36 of 465 career games.

Among free agents at other positions, the Heat has had conversations about ex-University of Miami small forward James Jones and Memphis power forward/center Kwame Brown.

What about a S/T with Orlando... Banks/Haslem for Dooling/Battie/first rounder???

Then sign Brown and Jones with the MLE and O'Bryant on the min...

kntresistheheat
07-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Dont like that fact that he only avg 1.8 assist per, I rather have aroyyo;)

MiamiHeat
07-03-2008, 03:33 PM
no thank you

daleja424
07-03-2008, 03:37 PM
I just liked it b/c it continues to free up 2010 cap space and gets us the players we are interested in...

sergiogon
07-03-2008, 03:43 PM
i prefer telfair 6 assist

MiamiHeatMafia
07-03-2008, 03:59 PM
No thanks!

sergiogon
07-03-2008, 04:47 PM
why not?i think is the best pg available on free agency because beno is going to resing with sacramento.

King Koopa
07-03-2008, 05:59 PM
O'Bryant on the min...

Bro we can only use the Min. on Vets that have been in this league over 10 years. Not on players that have been in this league for only 2 years. Its like what the Heat did with Gary Payton, they gave him the Min because hes been in the league over 10 years.

DQL
07-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Bro we can only use the Min. on Vets that have been in this league over 10 years. Not on players that have been in this league for only 2 years. Its like what the Heat did with Gary Payton, they gave him the Min because hes been in the league over 10 years.

I think everyone can be signed to the min no matter how many years they've been in the league, just to different amounts

And the fact that Dooling is more of a shoot-first makes me unsatisfied. I'd rather not waste money and start Banks who is the same type of player

daleja424
07-03-2008, 09:36 PM
I think everyone can be signed to the min no matter how many years they've been in the league, just to different amounts

And the fact that Dooling is more of a shoot-first makes me unsatisfied. I'd rather not waste money and start Banks who is the same type of player

Thats correct thankyou. Every year in the league makes the min go up. so a young guy could be signed for like 1mil on the min but a 12 year vet would get near 2.5-3 on the min

BALLER71
07-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Give Telfair a 3 year 9M contract and give O'Bryant a 2 year 2M contract.

fins08
07-04-2008, 08:43 AM
mORE OF tELFAIR A 2 YEAR CONTRACT.