PDA

View Full Version : Tyronn Lue

FreedomReigns
07-03-2008, 02:31 PM
In case you missed this,( http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2008/07/03/20080703suns.html) here it is.

Im not excited about the thought of Lue coming to Phoenix but it's better than nothing I suppose. I can see the Suns offering him a 1 or 2 year contract for about 2 to 3 million. That's way too much for him but the Suns are desperate. Wouldn't suprise me if he's using Boston and Dallas as leverage because I really don't see them wasting the money on him.

theimortalone
07-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Hell yeah! We better Get Lue! Especially since he wants to come here! Make it happen Kerr!

STAT32
07-03-2008, 03:47 PM
^^^ Hmm, I wish I shared your enthusiasm Imortal. Tyronne Lue is way to small to be even half-way decent on the defensive end. He doesn't have a hell of a lot of upside except for the fact that he is an o-k shooter and can run a half court set fairly well.

I'd much rather have Goran here.

theimortalone
07-03-2008, 04:16 PM
^^^ Hmm, I wish I shared your enthusiasm Imortal. Tyronne Lue is way to small to be even half-way decent on the defensive end. He doesn't have a hell of a lot of upside except for the fact that he is an o-k shooter and can run a half court set fairly well.

I'd much rather have Goran here.

I feel ya, but Chances of getting Goran may not be all that great. Lue would help out tho.

king4day
07-03-2008, 05:04 PM
"I wanted to go to Phoenix, but I knew (former coach Mike) D'Antoni only played seven people in his rotation," Lue said. "With (new coach) Terry Porter there and Nash needing more rest, it'd be a great place for me."

I never knew this is why he chose Dallas.
Guess I can't blame him.
Hopefully we grab him. It sounds like he wants to play for us and is just waiting for Kerr to make the offer.

STAT32
07-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Imortal, it's looking more and more like we will be able to buy Goran's contract out and get him over here.

x_notorious
07-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Tyronn Lue is going to choose between Phoenix, Dallas and Boston to determine his new home, the Arizona Republic is reporting.

"I feel really good about the Suns," Lue said. "I want to go to a winning team and a good organization. They have both those things. I'd love to play with Nash and with Shaq (O'Neal) again. Hopefully we can work something out."

He finished the season with the Mavericks.

Link (http://******.com/src_wiretap_archives/53380/20080703/lue_has_suns_among_his_top_3/)

JPHX
07-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Imortal, it's looking more and more like we will be able to buy Goran's contract out and get him over here.

are you talking about this season?? how you figure?

STAT32
07-04-2008, 12:33 AM
I posted an article in the suns 2008-2009 rookies thread. It basically states that the Slovenian team he is under contract with is willing to let him go for 500,000. The max amount we are allowed to put towards his buyout.

sunsalltheway03
07-04-2008, 02:18 AM
Lue is a good ball handler though with low turnovers. I think he would be a solid backup to Nash. If Goran can come, than thats obviously the preferred route, but I doubt he will be here next season.

JPHX
07-04-2008, 04:34 AM
I posted an article in the suns 2008-2009 rookies thread. It basically states that the Slovenian team he is under contract with is willing to let him go for 500,000. The max amount we are allowed to put towards his buyout.

500k? shoot ill bring him over here. i spend more on milk duds. but i still think Lue should be a prime target as well this summer. also add a solid wing and we should be a well balanced team.

theimortalone
07-04-2008, 09:27 AM

Wow seriously? Do you have a link Stat32? If we can get him over here, that would be amazing! We need our Replacement to be mentored by arguably one of the best PGs in the game today to be mentored so that he can be our future!

STAT32
07-04-2008, 12:14 PM
There's a link about it under the Rookies 08-09 thread. Under Goran Dragic

onelove_05
07-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Tyronn Lue huh? Sounds a little bit like Marcus Banks, a quick defensive player with no ability to run an offense. What a cop out by the Suns. If Lue is Phoenix’s answer to the backup point guard position explain why he only got on the court for 2 minutes in the playoffs with Jason Kidd struggling against Chris Paul?

However give Lue the benefit of the doubt because no point guard has been successful in D’Antoni’s offense not named Steve Nash. Good thing is D'Antoni is no longer coach. Who knows Marcus Banks may have fit Terry Porter’s scheme better.

Lue would be a great guy to give anywhere between 5-7 minutes a game but no more.

R3aZoN
07-04-2008, 03:23 PM
onelove, did you just say Lue was a quick defensive player?

Wrong.

As a Mavs fan, let me tell you something about Lue. He is horrible at defense. He's only somewhat decent at pass-first point guard play, but he does have a good 3 pt shot.

onelove_05
07-04-2008, 11:12 PM

Wrong.

As a Mavs fan, let me tell you something about Lue. He is horrible at defense. He's only somewhat decent at pass-first point guard play, but he does have a good 3 pt shot.

My bad, I was just referring to the Lakers/Sixers finals a few years back when Lue had his moments on defense against A.I. Yeah, he got done up a few times but A.I. can do that to people. I remember him being brought in specifically to guard A.I. He may have lost a step due to injuries.

I'll stick with my analysis on him because I can only judge from what I've seen in the finals, with Atlanta and what scouting reports say about him and you can form your opinion on his 17 games and 10.2 per game minute stint with Dallas for whatever its worth.

R3aZoN
07-04-2008, 11:25 PM
If he's out there for longer than 10 minutes, he'll die.

onelove_05
07-04-2008, 11:37 PM
If he's out there for longer than 10 minutes, he'll die.

Yeah I agree especially after the injuries, hopefully he regains that step.

If he wasn't good enough to be Jason's backup why should Phoenix think he can fill the role behind Nash.

FreedomReigns
07-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Lue is more like Eddie House. Eddie was cool as ASU and hit some big threes in the NBA but that doesn's make him a good back up PG. More like a role player on a deep team. Suns aren't deep. That's why I would rather have someone else, even Jason Williams would play a better point.

king4day
07-05-2008, 05:37 PM

Wrong.

I don't think it's fair to judge Lue's play in Dallas since he barely got any time and wasn't worked into the system.

Lue is more like Eddie House. Eddie was cool as ASU and hit some big threes in the NBA but that doesn's make him a good back up PG. More like a role player on a deep team. Suns aren't deep. That's why I would rather have someone else, even Jason Williams would play a better point.

I'll take someone who will have less turnovers and is better on D in Lue than Jwill. House seemed to do OK as a backup in the Finals too.

chadillachembre
07-05-2008, 05:54 PM
what pisses me off in that article is the last quote by Ty Lue basically saying he didnt want to come to phx cuz diantoni only plays 7 guys and he didnt think he would ever crack into the rotwtion. how many other guys felt that way as well and hindered us from getting closer to a title

Sport FANatic
07-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Why is everyone so high on Lue? Anthony Carter is cheaper and has a better record, both this year and over time - Both have been in the league 9-10yr.. He has worked with Porter in the past (might be why no mention - may not have worked well together), and comes from a fast paced system in Denver.

Sport FANatic
07-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Ignore previous about playing for Porter - my bad - Carter played for Minnisota not Milwaulkee.That may be a plus also as he is use to playing with good post players...Garnett, Mourning, Duncan. He has backed up a pretty good point guard in Timmy Hardaway, and been coached by Riley and Popavich...Not a bad resume...

chadillachembre
07-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Why is everyone so high on Lue? Anthony Carter is cheaper and has a better record, both this year and over time - Both have been in the league 9-10yr.. He has worked with Porter in the past (might be why no mention - may not have worked well together), and comes from a fast paced system in Denver.

i thought it was anthony johnson not anthony carter the suns are looking at. id rather have anthony carter as well if thats the case

Sport FANatic
07-06-2008, 10:12 PM
They are looking at Anthony Johnson, I am just trying yo get the other Anthony noticed and maybe considered. From what I saw of him this year against the Suns - he knows how to run a team. He has also posted better stats, both this year and over his career, than A. Johnson has. I do not know why A. Carter is going under the radar - must be something we don't know about.

whamo
07-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Gambo and Ash reported (Wednesday July 9th) that the Suns made an offer to Tyronn Lue. Lue had concerns about Barbosa's status at PG, and was assured that Barbosa is being considered a SG. Now we wait.

STAT32
07-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Well that's good that they're trying to lock Ty Lue up. Now for a backup wing.....

jlove
07-09-2008, 07:33 PM
They are looking at Anthony Johnson, I am just trying yo get the other Anthony noticed and maybe considered. From what I saw of him this year against the Suns - he knows how to run a team. He has also posted better stats, both this year and over his career, than A. Johnson has. I do not know why A. Carter is going under the radar - must be something we don't know about.

As far as all the available PG's, Carter was definitely miles ahead in my mind as the perfect guy as our back-up here. There's not another available PG that I wanted more. Too bad the Suns didn't look at him, especially now since he's re-signing with Denver.

Willy T Justice
07-10-2008, 02:29 AM
With Lue as a backup PG, I am interested to see how Barbosa and Bell split the 2 guard minutes.

Also this will make our bench that much deeper with DJ as a third option at PG.

JPHX
07-10-2008, 03:24 AM
Lue needs to stop frontin like hes gonna sign somewhere else and sign with the suns.

king4day
07-10-2008, 08:14 AM
Disarmed of money to offer and without much of a 2008 playoff pedigree, the Suns appear to still have recruiting wherewithal with free-agency target Tyronn Lue, who said he expects to sign with the Suns.

"I think we're going to get it done in Phoenix," Lue said Wednesday.

Signing Lue, 31, would fill the Suns' free-agency priority. Suns General Manager Steve Kerr has said he wanted a veteran point guard to back up Steve Nash and start about 12 games to rest Nash, 34.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2008/07/09/20080709lue0710.html

I think this will be done before the weekend.

nashty13
07-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Even if Dragic comes, i doubt he'd get much playing time. Dude would have to get used to the higher level of competition in the NBA. Honestly, and I'm a very hard suns fan to please as some of you can tell, I don't mind the Lou signing if its only for a year (or two). He's making the minimum, can hit a jump shot and make the right pass. We weren't going to be getting a guy like J Wills, Tinsley or any of the higher priced guys. This allows LB to exclusively play the 2 (and get smoked on the Defensive end), to allow him to flourish offensively. I seriously think that, b/c of that move, he'll develop into a Monta Ellis.
I'm excited about Dragic's potential, but I think he's a year out of helping.

God of War
07-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Even if Dragic comes, i doubt he'd get much playing time. Dude would have to get used to the higher level of competition in the NBA. Honestly, and I'm a very hard suns fan to please as some of you can tell, I don't mind the Lou signing if its only for a year (or two). He's making the minimum, can hit a jump shot and make the right pass. We weren't going to be getting a guy like J Wills, Tinsley or any of the higher priced guys. This allows LB to exclusively play the 2 (and get smoked on the Defensive end), to allow him to flourish offensively. I seriously think that, b/c of that move, he'll develop into a Monta Ellis.
I'm excited about Dragic's potential, but I think he's a year out of helping.

I think anyone bringing up the ball and setting up guys is a big improvement over Barbosa. Barbosa is a natural SG. You need to give him the ball, move aside and let him use his speed to kill guys.

theimortalone
07-11-2008, 08:47 AM
I think this will be done before the weekend.

I am excited about this...We need a back up PG...With Lue, Nash will not get worn out like he did in Mike D's System.

Willy T Justice
07-12-2008, 09:26 PM
They haven't signed him yet but they made him an offer. It' just a matter of time before he signs with the suns. All indications say so.

STAT32
07-12-2008, 10:02 PM
He stated himself he would sign with the Suns.

rgluch74
07-12-2008, 10:55 PM
not an Earth shattering sign, but I think it would be a good signing for the Suns. Get it done!

king4day
07-14-2008, 01:01 PM
MIAMI - Veteran NBA point guard Tyronn Lue said Sunday he is scheduled to take a physical with the Heat this morning and is hopeful of receiving a contract offer from the team shortly thereafter.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-flspheatnote14sbjul14,0,4877714.story

I know it's still not a guarantee where he'll land, but if he does pick Miami, then I really wish these players would stop saying publicly, "I really want to play here" and then sign somewhere else. Just keep your mouth shut.
This will be a mega blow to us if he signs elsewhere.

Suns4Life
07-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Wow thats great Brent Berry goes to the rockets after he said he would love to play here and now Lue might not sign with us. This is so frustrating!!!!

STAT32
07-14-2008, 05:45 PM
Wow Lue, wow.

Well, Anthony Johnson anybody?

cabrera_logic
07-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Oh F...! NO!, A. Johnson is a Dead Body able to dribble.

STAT32
07-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Haha I know cabrera, but Lue screwed us over so now who do we go after?!!?

FreedomReigns
07-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Theres still a chance the Suns will pick Lue up. He failed to report to his physical. It's in the link.

http://www.miamiherald.com/594/story/604637.html

He's just trying to build his own hype to squeeze more money out of Sarver. Hope they don't budge on their original offer. I say, screw lue.

stawka
07-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Lue didn't show up to the physical, the Heat are looking elsewhere. He's either coming to Phoenix or Boston. Hope he's still close with Shaq :)

king4day
07-15-2008, 03:44 PM
It appeared that the Suns had new competition for free-agent point guard Tyronn Lue's services when he told Miami reporters Sunday that he expected the Heat to make an offer after a Monday physical.

The Heat made it known they were not making an offer, and Lue changed plans, leaving Miami without taking a physical. Now the Suns appear to be good shape with Lue. He is scheduled to meet with Suns officials in Las Vegas this week.

Last week, Lue said, "I think we're going to get it done in Phoenix."

The main competition for Lue remains Boston, which also is believed to be offering a one-year veteran minimum deal worth $1.26 million. Suns center Shaquille O'Neal has called Lue, his friend and former teammate, to make a recruiting pitch, but Lue also is longtime friends with Boston star Kevin Garnett. Lue stays at Garnett's Malibu home each summer for workouts.

The Suns made Lue their top free-agency target. They have a payroll limitation to offer only a minimum deal.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2008/07/14/20080714suns0715.html

Since the Heat don't appear as interested (a mistake in my eyes since they only have Chalmers and Banks as their PG's), it looks like it'll come down to whether he truly wants to play with the Suns and get some more time or would rather go for a ring.
Since it appears the C's are gonna resign House, I'd be surprised to see Lue end up anywhere outside of Phoenix.

sunsalltheway03
07-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Well, I can see if he wants to go to Boston. Very good team. Just won a ring. But, we also are a good team, and are hungrier for a ring now more than ever. I really do hope he comes here.

STAT32
07-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Yea, even if Lue doesn't come we still have some good options in DJ and Dragic if he comes over.

sunsalltheway03
07-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Yea, even if Lue doesn't come we still have some good options in DJ and Dragic if he comes over.

Although I don't know how comfortable the Suns are to rely on Strawberry to backup Nash right now. I think they somehow are going to go get a veteran PG.

STAT32
07-15-2008, 04:24 PM
If DJ keeps up his play like this throughout the entire summer league and pre-season he at least deserves a shot at consistent minutes.

JPHX
07-15-2008, 10:43 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2008/07/14/20080714suns0715.html
looks like our only competition is the celts. ive have an inkling that hes signing with us though.

king4day
07-16-2008, 12:11 AM
The Orlando Magic signed veteran free-agent point guard Anthony Johnson on Tuesday.

Johnson will back up starter Jameer Nelson as he enters his 12th NBA season. He played in 69 games last season for the Atlanta Hawks and Sacramento Kings.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3488606

Though we haven't heard much more about this rumor lately, we can officially put to rest the possibility of getting Anthony Johnson. He's signed with Orlando.
Lue (and Allen?) is our last hope...

FreedomReigns
07-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Im comfortable with the Suns waiting till after summer league play concluding before making any hasty judgements.

Unfortunatly, I can't find the same enthusiasm over Lue that some of you have. I'd be more content with a PG rotation of Nash, Strawberry, Barbosa, Jared Jordan. Yes, Jared Jordan, or any inexperienced guy who comes along.

If Dragic makes it over then you can take Barbosa out and add in Dragic. Besides, you folks are forgetting that the Suns can always pick up a PG through trade before the deadline. The season hasn't even started yet. If Kerr is as good of a GM as alot of you think than he should be able to swing something. I don't say that sarcastically either.

FreedomReigns
07-16-2008, 03:52 AM
Just a quick thought. Does anyone else on here think D.J. could handle Lue one on one?

I obviously do.

STAT32
07-16-2008, 04:38 AM
DJ is a very strong PG and his size and strength will cause alot of problems for other pg's just like Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups.

FreedomReigns
07-16-2008, 07:37 AM
DJ is a very strong PG and his size and strength will cause alot of problems for other pg's just like Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups.

So that's a yes?

sunsalltheway03
07-16-2008, 12:35 PM
I don't know. DJ seems to have pretty good D, but Lue is an experienced veteran having played against top competition for 7-8 seasons. DJ doesn't have that experience. I do think DJ could probably handle him. Would be interesting to see, but if this is a question to see if we just think we should have DJ backup Nash, well then, you got your answer. However, its all different 5-on-5.

STAT32
07-16-2008, 03:04 PM
So that's a yes?

That would be a yes. I'm starting to warm up to the idea of DJ just handling the backup pg role himself. I'll wait until the end of summer league and pre season until I make my final decision.

king4day
07-16-2008, 03:10 PM
I'd prefer Lue over DJ this year.
He's experienced and with a team full of vets, and the fact that Coach D didn't help build the rooks, it will be necessary. You can't lose on a 1 year minimum deal.

I believe the theory that Lue was waiting for an offer from Miami, in hopes it'd be larger than the Suns one, so they'd be forced to up the offer to get him.

That's not happening and I don't see him going anywhere else.

STAT32
07-16-2008, 03:22 PM
^^^ Boston?

sunsalltheway03
07-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Of course having Lue as a backup would be nice while the assistant coaches work with DJ during the season and give him decent playing time. But, I would be comfortable with DJ as our pg for the future.

STAT32
07-16-2008, 06:45 PM
No doubt Suns03. However if we weren't able to get Lue I wouldn't be too upset to see DJ grab that role.

sunsalltheway03
07-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Lue to Milwaukee

Suns point guard Tyronn Lue may have said that Phoenix was his first choice but his real choice wound up being Milwaukee and money.

Lue's agent, Andy Miller, informed the Suns today that Lue has decided to sign with Milwaukee. It appears Lue has accepted the biennial exception, which gives him a two-year contract. Phoenix was firm in offering a one-year veteran minimum contract of $1.26 million to Lue because the Suns project to be over the luxury tax threshold.

Lue had made comments in recent weeks that indicated he would come to Phoenix, saying last week, "I think we're going to get it done in Phoenix," and talking about how he wanted to sign with the Suns when he was waived during last season but feared Mike D'Antoni's short rotation.

Lue was believed to be making a decision Boston and Phoenix, who he identified as his leaders, but Milwaukee entered the picture earlier this week.

Source: AZCentral (http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/28015)

So it looks like Lue is gone. Well, now what? Do we do everything in our power now to get Dragic over here? Do we go harder at Livingston? Or do we put more trust on the back of DJ Strawberry?

nashty13
07-16-2008, 10:52 PM
that sucks....sort of. I'm not positive that DJ has the quickness to be our PG, even though he has shined in the summer league. I'd rather grab livingston for a bargain than have dragic, since Kerr has basically said Nash will sit out about 10 games. Dragic doesn't always start in Europe, so we can't expect him to step into that role here. A year of learning in practice under Nash would be much better for his future.
Signing Livingston would be ideal for him as well. It would give the opportunity to showcase what he still has, since, when Shaq is out, we still have the tools to be a quasi run n' gun style. He's real good in the open court so this could be used to his advantage (like Farmar in LA for the bench). This would also allow him to show what he's got as a starter when Nash is out. I think its win win.

STAT32
07-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Here's my list of options on order of preference:

1. Sign Shaun Livingston to a vet minimum

2. Let DJ run the back-up pg spot

3. Bring Dragic over here

4. Sign some other scrub

sunschamp
07-16-2008, 11:11 PM
would we be able to afford livingston?

rgluch74
07-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Livingston, IF he can play, might work here. IF he can play at his old form where he was torching the Suns, I am all for him coming here and Kerr and Sarver should do whatever it takes to get him here. Those are some pretty big IF's though after that nasty knee injury. I hope he can play, but he hasn't even been cleared to practice. Right now we have to look at the possibilities that are left....

I have heard that we could be looking at Jason "white chocolate" Williams... and we all know that Marbury is done in New York. J-Will might be a nice back up, and Marbury would be great if he would put his ego in check.

STAT32
07-16-2008, 11:14 PM
It's possible, that knee injury was about as bad as it gets. I don't see any other team offering him more than the vet min so it's just a matter of whether or not he would be willing to actually ink a contract with us

PhxGiant
07-16-2008, 11:20 PM
I dont see a good reason why we can't afford Livingston, after an injury of that magnitude you can't in your right mind demand more money.

rgluch74
07-16-2008, 11:26 PM
yeah, he won't, or shouldn't demand much money, but can the guy still play. No one knows. Do we take the chance on him and bring him in knowing that the Suns medical staff are top notch and perform career ressurections? Grant Hill looked pretty decent last year. Can they pull that same thing with Alan Houston? Would they bring Livingston back to pre-injury status. That would be pretty sweet if they could...

PhxGiant
07-16-2008, 11:38 PM
Our staff is amazing, so i think they could keep him healthy, and as far as him playing like pre-injury Livingston it depends on where he is mentally, often times you'll see players favor the knee that was injured, he wont be logging a TON of minutes so that should keep less stress on his knee. But the reality is we only need him to protect the ball, run the offense, hit the open shots, and use his length to defend. As the season goes on i'm sure he would gain more confidence and slowly begin to not worry about the knee.

FreedomReigns
07-17-2008, 12:43 AM
I figured it would come to this. I've mentioned Livingston and J. Williams in previous post and most folks were pretty negative on those two fronts.

The options for backup point have deffinatly dwindled. Im happy Lue signed with the Bucks. He obviously doesn't care about winning and the Suns don't need players like that on the roster. It was all about money for him.

As far as who would be a better fit to back up Nash if our options are Livingston or Williams, I prefer J. Williams. That's if they both are willing to sign for the Vet. Minimum. Williams is deffinatly less of a risk and he's been in the league long enough to know what it takes. I find it slightly unlikely though that he signs before the All-Star break. Just depends on how hungry he is.

Livingston might be the more likely option due to his status physically. Like others have mentioned, he is coming off a horific injury and odds are he won't demand more than the minimum.

JPHX
07-17-2008, 02:21 AM
Lue to the bucks? wow thats about as misleading as you can get.

as its been said before, go harder at dragic, sign livingston, and fill the wings and the PF

rocky4104
07-17-2008, 03:06 AM
Here's my list of options on order of preference:

1. Sign Shaun Livingston to a vet minimum

2. Let DJ run the back-up pg spot

3. Bring Dragic over here

4. Sign some other scrub

totally agree with you on that one stat

STAT32
07-17-2008, 04:27 AM
That's a sick Sig rocky. Do you know where I could find one of those but with Stoudemire instead?

lavis
07-17-2008, 06:14 AM
What a surprise.. Didn't the Bucks already have a capable backup pg?

rocky4104
07-17-2008, 12:58 PM
That's a sick Sig rocky. Do you know where I could find one of those but with Stoudemire instead?

google/yahoo images lol.. i spent several minutes looking for a good one - much to the chagrin of the wife - "you spend more hours in that damn website than talking to me"

whamo
07-17-2008, 02:11 PM
What a surprise.. Didn't the Bucks already have a capable backup pg?

I think the Bucks already had something like 3 PGs, one of them is Ramon Sessions who tore it up at the end of last season. Suns need to buck up and get something positive done soon.

king4day
07-17-2008, 02:19 PM
I am utterly DUMBFOUNDED that he signed with the Bucks.
As much as I hate it, I can't bash the guy. He's never had a big contract and needs all the money he can get. He has his rings already.

So with that ends this thread. I'm going to create a new one for our PG options.

EDIT: We can just pick this up in the Livingston, Marbury thread.

STAT32
07-17-2008, 03:22 PM
google/yahoo images lol.. i spent several minutes looking for a good one - much to the chagrin of the wife - "you spend more hours in that damn website than talking to me"

Lol, thanks for the help anyway.

Rome
07-19-2008, 08:02 PM
When I read lue to Milwaukee I was suprised... Kinda. Heard he was looking at 3 teams. Heat celts n us. But players love money. Ha I was already starting to picture him in a suns jersey... Oh well.

STAT32
07-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Money talks. Part of me thinks Lue was using the Suns to drive his value up.

FreedomReigns
07-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Money talks. Part of me thinks Lue was using the Suns to drive his value up.

Im not trying to play the "I told you so game", but I told you so. Seriously, it was pretty obvious what his intentions were.

If he wanted to be a member of the Phoenix Suns then it would have happened immediately. What else would he be talking to other teams for? Because his friend's play in Boston, Phoenix, Miami or Dallas? He was basing his chances to win another championship on where his friends play not by the caliber of his potential teammates. Thats real mature.

Im stoked that he chose the Bucks, they should be at a championship level in 50 years or so.

Rome
07-20-2008, 12:33 AM
Haha had me going a bit. He'll regret that when phoenix are showin them rings off next season.

STAT32
07-20-2008, 12:48 AM
^^ I certainly hope so.