PDA

View Full Version : OC Register: Maggette A Laker? Not Out Of The Question!

ktrain203
07-03-2008, 12:49 PM
With the Clippers signing Baron Davis and expected to also sign Elton Brand to huge deals, there is relatively no chance that Maggette will be wearing a Clipper jersey come next season. With that being said, why shouldn't the Lakers go after him?

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2008/07/02/maggette-anyone/

It would push the Lakers way over the salary cap, but with the team so close to winning the championship, is it out of the realm of possibility for Jerry Buss to pull the trigger? That team would be stacked.

LASportsFan
07-03-2008, 12:55 PM
His game would not work well with Kobe.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-03-2008, 01:20 PM
they is capped out anyway.

PRETTY BIRD
07-03-2008, 02:32 PM
What!

JordansBulls
07-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Why would he go there?

He might not even start.

Also the Lakers are already the favorite going into next season with Bynum returning, what is up with all these deals to acquire more stars?

x_notorious
07-03-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm unsure if the Lakers can get Maggette, but with other teams offering him a MLE, the Lakers can sure give it a shot. He would be on beastly 6th man. It's a dream, but it is well known that Kobe and Maggette have a good relationship.

superkegger
07-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Why would he go there?

He might not even start.

Also the Lakers are already the favorite going into next season with Bynum returning, what is up with all these deals to acquire more stars?

I think he would. Lamar would be an amazing 6th man. But its only some guys blog, so take it for what its worth.

Iodine
07-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Why would he go there?

He might not even start.

Because as the lakers they can get whoever they want

fresh prince
07-03-2008, 02:57 PM
His game would not work well with Kobe.

Yea it would.. Magette is a slasher and he is great at playing without the ball. He doesn't need to dominate the ball to score...

He would be a great fit for the Lakers and the triangle offense due to his ability to play off screens and cut to the rim. He also improved his spot up J and he and Kobe are boys..

That being said I dont see it happening.. But he would actually be a great fit

theimortalone
07-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Hell no! He would not fit into the Laker Rotation at all. It wont happen.

PHX-SOXFAN
07-03-2008, 03:09 PM
With the Clippers signing Baron Davis and expected to also sign Elton Brand to huge deals, there is relatively no chance that Maggette will be wearing a Clipper jersey come next season. With that being said, why shouldn't the Lakers go after him?

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2008/07/02/maggette-anyone/

It would push the Lakers way over the salary cap, but with the team so close to winning the championship, is it out of the realm of possibility for Jerry Buss to pull the trigger? That team would be stacked.

Questions:

1. Where does it say anything about the lakers being interested?
2. What is the legitimacy of this blog? Is it similar to getgarnett.com?

Silver.
07-03-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm unsure if the Lakers can get Maggette, but with other teams offering him a MLE, the Lakers can sure give it a shot. He would be on beastly 6th man. It's a dream, but it is well known that Kobe and Maggette have a good relationship.

lol,how the hell would he be a 6th man on the Lakers?They have no one close to his level at SF.

futureman
07-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Because as the lakers they can get whoever they want

If they get too many people it will be just like the globetrotters and nobody will watch.

Lakersfan2483
07-03-2008, 03:17 PM
He would be a great 6th man for the lakers, sign him if we can.

Silver.
07-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Why do you guys keep saying 6th man?whos better at SF on your team then Maggette?

Vegasguy80
07-03-2008, 03:26 PM
What is he going to do for the Lakers? Why would they waste money on him and more money on the tax? I hate these type of posts that aren't thought out.

BigEric
07-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Do all you Lakers fans think you can get anyone you want?

Look at your ****ing squad. Fisher makes somewhere from 5-10 million. Kobe 20-21 million. Odom around 7-13 million. Pau- 15-20 million. BYNUM will be paid soon. The ignorant lakers fans need to stop being spoiled and make best with what they have....

Who else do you guys think you can sign- Lebron Dwight Paul Rose Beasley........ cmon now Maggette is a top 10 SF in this league you guys dont have the money.

Squad13
07-03-2008, 03:36 PM

Look at your ****ing squad. Fisher makes somewhere from 5-10 million. Kobe 20-21 million. Odom around 7-13 million. Pau- 15-20 million. BYNUM will be paid soon. The ignorant lakers fans need to stop being spoiled and make best with what they have....

Who else do you guys think you can sign- Lebron Dwight Paul Rose Beasley........ cmon now Maggette is a top 10 SF in this league you guys dont have the money.

You obviously didn't read much into it, we think he could sign IF he take the MLE, which is what the spurs and boston have offered him. Magette said he has made enough money and wants to win.... Why not stop playing for the JV team in LA, not move and be on a legit title contender? I mean I don't think he will take the MLE, but if he does where would be a better place to play?

KeithLBC
07-03-2008, 03:52 PM

There are quite a few teams that have offered him their MLE, why wouldn't LA be a consideration? If he signs with Boston or LA, he might be coming off the bench. What's with all the non-Lakers fans bashing the Lakers EVERY chance they get? Boston doesn't have the money, or the space on their roster to make him a starter, and I don't see anyone talking crap to their fans :confused:

TheNewbster
07-03-2008, 04:32 PM
This is why living in LA sucks; stupid Laker fans that seemingly failed math and basic logic classes. But let's review:

1. Money:
How are you going to pay Maggette? Like plenty of people who've posted before me, the Lakers because of Gasol have no freakin money. Oh, did I mention Bynum's contract is up soon and his agent has stated for a FACT he wants a max contract for his client, something like 5-years at 80 MILLION. I mean if you REALLY don't mind losing Bynum...cause I'm SURE no one will throw big money at him (sarcasm)

2. Maggette wants to win and will take a pay cut/reduced role: Um...no...Boston and S.A. have offered him contracts..they can win and have shown it...they're you're last 2 NBA champs.

3. Roster:
Just where the heck are you going to play him? Odom is at SF where he belongs, and you leave the 5 and 4 position for Bynum/Gasol. So unless you move Kobe to PG...and bench Fisher....Maggette is a bench player? I'm sure he'll love that...

This is why I hate Laker fans. When talks of Baron Davis wanting to join the Clippers if the Warriors didn't offer him a contract emerged, idiots were saying "the Lakers should/will get him". Stop acting ike 5 year olds and thinking you can get whatever you freaking want. Just last year on the Laker's radio network idiots were hypothesizing how LeBron or Wade would willingly come to the Lakers and pair with Kobe to become a godly team.

Please stop this travesty and end stupid thinking. Stop dreaming.

In_Ned_I_Trust
07-03-2008, 04:44 PM
So much hate, anyway I think every Lakers fan here has said that since he was offered the MLE why not come here since we can offer the same. Thats pretty simple.

Personally I wouldn't want him the guy is good when he's healthy but that is rare.

Squad13
07-03-2008, 04:47 PM
This is why living in LA sucks; stupid Laker fans that seemingly failed math and basic logic classes. But let's review:

1. Money:
How are you going to pay Maggette? Like plenty of people who've posted before me, the Lakers because of Gasol have no freakin money. Oh, did I mention Bynum's contract is up soon and his agent has stated for a FACT he wants a max contract for his client, something like 5-years at 80 MILLION. I mean if you REALLY don't mind losing Bynum...cause I'm SURE no one will throw big money at him (sarcasm)

2. Maggette wants to win and will take a pay cut/reduced role: Um...no...Boston and S.A. have offered him contracts..they can win and have shown it...they're you're last 2 NBA champs.

3. Roster:
Just where the heck are you going to play him? Odom is at SF where he belongs, and you leave the 5 and 4 position for Bynum/Gasol. So unless you move Kobe to PG...and bench Fisher....Maggette is a bench player? I'm sure he'll love that...

This is why I hate Laker fans. When talks of Baron Davis wanting to join the Clippers if the Warriors didn't offer him a contract emerged, idiots were saying "the Lakers should/will get him". Stop acting ike 5 year olds and thinking you can get whatever you freaking want. Just last year on the Laker's radio network idiots were hypothesizing how LeBron or Wade would willingly come to the Lakers and pair with Kobe to become a godly team.

This is why I hate stupid people. Money - The Lakers can offer the EXACT same thing the Celtics and Spurs are offereing Corey, the MLE. He would not have to move and play for the favorite in the west. Why go to an aging Boston, or Spurs team? He could start at SF, or get significant minutes as a 6th man, while not changing his lifestyle at all (besides winning) I don't think he will take the MLE but if he does LA makes sense. You should try to learn about something before you open your mouth.

KeithLBC
07-03-2008, 04:53 PM
This is why I hate stupid people.

:clap::clap:

exactly what I was thinking when I read that retards post.

_Sn1P3r_
07-03-2008, 04:55 PM
He would be a great 6th man for the lakers, sign him if we can.

He wouldn't want to be a 6th man. Why would you pay him a lot to come off the bench?

Squad13
07-03-2008, 04:56 PM
:clap::clap:

exactly what I was thinking when I read that retards post.

Yep, There may be some fans that are ridiculous and say we have a shot at player x or getting a certain star, but EVERY fan base has those fans. Then you get this *** clown that thinks he will make some witty response to put Laker fans in their place.... guess what buddy, you got served haha

Squad13
07-03-2008, 04:57 PM
He wouldn't want to be a 6th man. Why would you pay him a lot to come off the bench?

WE pay Luke and Vlad 5 million a year........ enough said.

kombayn
07-03-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm not surprised. Maggette would take off a lot of pressure on Kobe, plus get the big men in foul trouble to allow Gasol & Bynum to take over. If Brand leaves, I could see a S&T where Maggette & Thomas (a year less) is dealt for Lamar Odom & Radmanovic straight up. Don't be surprised if the Lakers sign Kwame Brown back for one season to back-up Bynum.

Clippers '08-09:
PG - B. Davis/B. Knight/M. Taylor
SG - C. Mobley/E. Gordon/N. Fazeakus
SF - A. Thronton/V. Radmanovic/Y. Korolev
PF - L. Odom/J. Powell/M. Williams
C - C. Kaman/D. Jordan/P. Davis

Lakers '08-09:
PG - D. Fisher/J. Farmar/J. Crawford
SG - K. Bryant/S. Vujacic/C. Karl
SF - C. Maggette/L. Walton/T. Ariza
PF - P. Gasol/R. Turiaf/T. Thomas
C - A. Bynum/K. Brown/C. Mihm

airraptor8
07-03-2008, 05:23 PM

1. Money:
How are you going to pay Maggette? Like plenty of people who've posted before me, the Lakers because of Gasol have no freakin money. Oh, did I mention Bynum's contract is up soon and his agent has stated for a FACT he wants a max contract for his client, something like 5-years at 80 MILLION. I mean if you REALLY don't mind losing Bynum...cause I'm SURE no one will throw big money

3. Roster:

Firstly the lakers are offering the same amount of money that Boston and SA is offering, as many other people have already stated.
Secondly, read what people are saying... and what you are writing. You are saying that if he signs with LA, he will have to be a 6th man... and play on the bench. Well, if he signs with Boston, is he going to start ahead of Paul Pierce or Ray Allen? I don't think so... think before you write please, Thanks =D

borat
07-03-2008, 06:24 PM

1. Money:

3. Roster:

You just lost all cred with that statement.

Leftcoast_yg
07-03-2008, 06:42 PM
i dont think we will go after him besides posey is liking the fact that he can be a laker because the celtics are trying to get maggette and he feels like he was the main priority and if the c's are trying to get him that means he wont get the full mle if he signs with them and with the lakers he will

kylem4711
07-03-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm not surprised. Maggette would take off a lot of pressure on Kobe, plus get the big men in foul trouble to allow Gasol & Bynum to take over. If Brand leaves, I could see a S&T where Maggette & Thomas (a year less) is dealt for Lamar Odom & Radmanovic straight up. Don't be surprised if the Lakers sign Kwame Brown back for one season to back-up Bynum.

Clippers '08-09:
PG - B. Davis/B. Knight/M. Taylor
SG - C. Mobley/E. Gordon/N. Fazeakus
SF - A. Thronton/V. Radmanovic/Y. Korolev
PF - L. Odom/J. Powell/M. Williams
C - C. Kaman/D. Jordan/P. Davis

Lakers '08-09:
PG - D. Fisher/J. Farmar/J. Crawford
SG - K. Bryant/S. Vujacic/C. Karl
SF - C. Maggette/L. Walton/T. Ariza
PF - P. Gasol/R. Turiaf/T. Thomas
C - A. Bynum/K. Brown/C. Mihm

clip fans dont want odom

yojoe792
07-03-2008, 07:54 PM
If this happened, they would trade Odom for a point guard and cash/a pick.

If thats the case, i guess its possible, but unlikeley.

Lakers<>Packers
07-03-2008, 08:08 PM
lol,how the hell would he be a 6th man on the Lakers?They have no one close to his level at SF.
A guy named Lamar Odom play SF :clap:

Knicks845
07-03-2008, 08:16 PM
What would he do come off the bench??? I wouldn't like it, if he was that desperate to get a ring he should sign with the Celtic's.

lakersfan211
07-03-2008, 08:29 PM
the guy thinks he is better or as good as kobe.

Leftcoast_yg
07-03-2008, 11:45 PM
clip fans dont want odom

oh yes they do all they use to talk about was odom, darius, and "Q" they hate the fact that they traded him, i know the clipps announcers wished that odom was still there

Leftcoast_yg
07-03-2008, 11:49 PM
clip fans dont want odom

quit hating so much man, everytime i see ur posts all i read is hate and not to mention yiur avatar the words under were shaq=4 rings and kobe=0 thats how much of a hater you are that you cant take in that kobe has three rings, hate has blinded you from the truth you must be a real bitter peson, i thin u need a big ol' bear hugg:D

Go Dodgers!
07-03-2008, 11:50 PM
It's just an Idea a writer thought of nothing serious don't see this happening at all..