PDA

View Full Version : Matt Devlin

Countdown
07-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Hey Bobcats fans, I am from Toronto and I heard that we are getting Matt Devlin next year to replace Chuck Swirsky. I can't seem to find anything on him, so I was wondering if you could tell me alittle abit about him.

Please and Thank you.

DerekRE_3
07-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Sorry, I've never heard of him. What front office position is is for?

Countdown
07-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Sorry, I've never heard of him. What front office position is is for?

Oh, its not for a front office job. He's going to be our TV Play-by-Play guy.

DerekRE_3
07-03-2008, 09:16 PM
See, shows what I know. Unfortunately I can't watch many Bobcats games...so I wouldn't know.

homestarunner93
07-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Well, unfortunately, the Bobcats are horrible at getting their games on TV. I live in SC and I could barely even find them, so I can't really give you an analysis on Devlin. At least they signed a TV Deal right at the end of the year so they should be on more.

DerekRE_3
07-08-2008, 03:43 AM
I'm hoping to get NBA League Pass next year. If I'm lucky I can get one of my roommates to chip in.

TarHeelMan
07-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Well, unfortunately, the Bobcats are horrible at getting their games on TV. I live in SC and I could barely even find them, so I can't really give you an analysis on Devlin. At least they signed a TV Deal right at the end of the year so they should be on more.

Yeah, the whole deal with News14 was hard on me, and I live in Raleigh. I never knew when a game was gonna be on; it might be on in Charlotte, but nowhere else. I literally just happened upon games as I was changing channels. Hopefully now Fox Sports South changes all that; it should help with developing a fanbase, too... Hard to really get behind a team when you can't even watch it when you want to.

But the games that I did catch before, Devlin was a very capable announcer; he does playoff games for TNT, so he must be held in some high esteem.

Ragun
07-09-2008, 11:15 PM
I would like to know about him too.

DerekRE_3
07-10-2008, 03:50 AM
I would like to know about him too.

Well if he is going to do Raps games that probably means he's terrible. :D

migrane9
07-10-2008, 05:54 PM
well ive got your answer...ive watched all the televised games and matt is a great play by play anouncer and i will be sad if we loose him.. lucky for someone else but he is a great anouncer and someone will like him well.