PDA

View Full Version : Dreams Shattered!!!

GWarrior
07-03-2008, 11:19 AM
As W’s fans we would like to build a competitive team. A fun team to watch that has a legitimate chance to make it deeper in the playoffs and possibly get to the finals and get a championship.

The past years strategies were too extreme, from overspending on bad contracts (Foyle, Dunleavy, etc) to under-spending (also called financial responsibility, playing hard ball) in the case of Davis, Pietrus, etc.

We have been trying to rebuild the team for over a 14 years. Once we starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel, the front office/management find out a way to shatter our dreams.

In the last year we had few dreams:

Trade JRich for BW and the TE to get Garnet, shattered
Use the TE to get somebody that can help today, shattered
Keep the core (Baron, Ellis, Biedriens) and built on it, shattered
Now, we are in desperate mode trying to get a marquee player like Arenas or Brand, that most likely would not happen

It is hard to be a Warrior’s fan. As a season ticket holder, it is hard to keep investing in a team that can't make two steps in the same direction and keep investing in increasing season ticket prices. It is hard to believe/trust after each dream has been shattered.

I have been drinking the Warrior's koolade for too many years. I am not angry, I am sad. I want to believe that one day we could succeed but every dream is getting shattered.

I am a Warrior fan.

GWarrior
07-03-2008, 11:25 AM
while other teams make deals to get Gasol, Garnet, Shaq, etc.

We make deals to get Chris Webber.

That is the Warriors!

Thatruth32
07-03-2008, 11:56 AM
look where we were 3 4 years ago... now we got talents like BW and anthony and marco on the bench.. we still going to sign andris and monta 2 up and coming stars.. we have 40 MIL UNDER THE CAP NOW THAT BARON IS GONE.....i could keep going on but im 27 and follwed the warriors since as long as i can remember and this is bout the best shape i can remember us being in.... how knows maybe in a long shot we can land Brand...

John408
07-03-2008, 12:01 PM
This is exactly why I did not renew my season tickets for this year after being one for the past three years. Crap like this was gonna happen. I had it in my instinct.

I say we talk Chris Mullin, Mitch Richmond, and Tim Hardaway out of retirement....maybe even Rick Barry and Manute Bol.

I'm just plain sick of how much these spoiled kids are getting paid to play basketball. Geez golly. I'll play for my salary of $85,000 a year and will keep my body in tip top shape unlike those these injury prone kids. All these kids gotta do is workout which keeps the body away from injury.

Haha.

Skippington
07-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Well said, GWarrior.

I think you put words to how a lot of us are feeling.

Skippington
07-03-2008, 12:10 PM
The most scary part is the knee jerk reaction that is about to happen. It wouldn't surprise me if they pulled John Starks out of retirement and paid him max money.

Thatruth32
07-03-2008, 12:22 PM
naw if we are going to give tha max to anybody dont u think it should be bimbo coles or maybe mugsey?

OneOpportunity
07-03-2008, 01:30 PM
As W’s fans we would like to build a competitive team. A fun team to watch that has a legitimate chance to make it deeper in the playoffs and possibly get to the finals and get a championship.

The past years strategies were too extreme, from overspending on bad contracts (Foyle, Dunleavy, etc) to under-spending (also called financial responsibility, playing hard ball) in the case of Davis, Pietrus, etc.

We have been trying to rebuild the team for over a 14 years. Once we starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel, the front office/management find out a way to shatter our dreams.

In the last year we had few dreams:

Trade JRich for BW and the TE to get Garnet, shattered
Use the TE to get somebody that can help today, shattered
Keep the core (Baron, Ellis, Biedriens) and built on it, shattered
Now, we are in desperate mode trying to get a marquee player like Arenas or Brand, that most likely would not happen

It is hard to be a Warrior’s fan. As a season ticket holder, it is hard to keep investing in a team that can't make two steps in the same direction and keep investing in increasing season ticket prices. It is hard to believe/trust after each dream has been shattered.

I have been drinking the Warrior's koolade for too many years. I am not angry, I am sad. I want to believe that one day we could succeed but every dream is getting shattered.

I am a Warrior fan.

honestly even with the Garnett trade we wouldnt have made it to the finals and we would have also sacrificed most of our future. We traded Jrich to free up some money and get a great young player in Wright and we also had a ton of SG (Monta, Buike, Marco, S Jack, etc) that we wanted to get playing time. We tried to keep the core but honestly it was a lose lose situation with Baron. The only way he was going to sign with us was if we gave him 4-5 years and frankly that would have been a terrible contract for us. It hurts now but in two years we will all be looking back and breathing a sigh of relief that we are not handicapped by his contract.

If we dont get Brand/.Arenas it is not managements fault because they are offering the max. The only problems i have is that we didnt use the TE and that we didnt get anything for Baron except cap space and we didnt draft accordingly on draft day (i dont know if the Ws would still draft the same guys but it would have been nice to know that we were not going to have Baron)

9ersnation
07-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Im also glad we didn't get Garrnet. From what I heard a few times on KNBR is that we offered: Ellis, Beidriens, and Harrington for KG
Would you really want to lose Monta and Beidriens for KG? I wouldnt

BigWheel
07-03-2008, 02:10 PM
It is not that bad. You are just experiencing normal human emotions, that will pass as soon as the next great hing happens with the team.

I have been a season ticket holder since 2000 - and this is not that bad.

This coming season we may not be able to compete in the west for a playoff spot... but it does not mean we still can compete and win 40 games on talented youth.

This off season is not the time to try and sign anyone other than Arenas or Brand. Wait until next years wealth of free agent talent! ( Andre Miller, lebron,, etc)

This year sign a solid PG with NBA experience - say Chris Duhon - to a simple 3 yr @ $10M contract - and run with it.

We should be worried about competeing against the Portland, Oklahoma, and New Orleans type teams... they are all on the way up. The Spurs, Lakers, Mavs, Clippers will all be over the hill in 2-3 years.

Tmac416
07-03-2008, 02:23 PM
this not like rebuilding in the pas. we have great young talent and monta ellis is right in the cusp of going to that superstar level.Even if baron was here next year, ellis was gonna be the main scorer. This more like wen the blazers had only roy and aldridge. we got a great base to build around.