PDA

View Full Version : Raptors Exploring Playing Pre-season/ Maybe Reg Season Games In Buffalo

Mile High Champ
07-03-2008, 11:11 AM
According to a report in the Buffalo News, Sen. Charles Schumer and Buffalo News Publisher Stanford Lipsey are trying to bring the Raptors to Buffalo for some preseason, and possibly even regular-season games. Over the next five years, the NFL's Bills will play eight games in Toronto - five regular season games and three preseason games.

Im not a fan of some of the reg season games played in Buffalo, pre season does not bother me though. The raptors dont need buffalo to survive, the bills need toronto to survive though. There is no reason to play any reg season games in the state of newyork. I hope this is nothing more than speculation.
Look at some of the comments on the tsn board, people are not happy with this one bit.

http://tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=242308&lid=sublink012&lpos=headlines_main

Some more info as well on the issue.

An exhibition game or two? Maybe. But will the Toronto Raptors play regular-season games in Buffalo? No chance."We're not thinking home games. No, no, no, no. We're not giving those up," said Richard Peddie, president of Raptors owner Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment Ltd. "We have our fan base here we want to service."

Peddie was responding to a report in yesterday's Buffalo News in which local officials and the News publisher suggested the Raptors could be looking to expand their presence in upstate New York by playing preseason and perhaps even regular-season games at HSBC Arena. -- The Globe and Mail

The Wise 1
07-03-2008, 11:26 AM
I really dont see any reason for Toronto to play regular season games in Buffalo. I would be pretty upset if they decided too also. We dont need Buffalo, the Bills need us. If it's preseason sure, let them have some games.

Mile High Champ
07-03-2008, 01:15 PM
I just dont see any reason to do anything in buffalo..

The Wise 1
07-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Buffalo is just wasting our air.

Ragun
07-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Its a good idea.

marvILLous
07-03-2008, 02:16 PM
ok what is the point of buffalo getting our games

Fion
07-03-2008, 02:38 PM
the buffalo bills are planning to try and have some pre season games in toronto. so this sounds like a cross marketing opportunity.

Cortez
07-03-2008, 02:58 PM
bills play in TO
so raps play in Buffalo
no big deal
its preseason

AK-50
07-03-2008, 03:30 PM
they better not be planning on moving the Raps there i wold be FURIOUS :mad:

Dragan
07-03-2008, 04:09 PM
i dont mind haveing pre season games there but the regular season shuld exclusivly be played in Toronto.

If we played games in Bufalo the arena would be empty. I mean the Bills are coming here because they cant support the team.

ramz.n
07-03-2008, 05:36 PM

well thanks for putting that into my mind..now i wont be able to sleep =(

Dragan
07-03-2008, 05:40 PM
ahahha thats not goign to happen. I dont think that buffalo can support a pick up game. so you can sleep safe and sound.

_Sn1P3r_
07-03-2008, 05:46 PM
I don't mind preseason but reg season games are a no-no.

Mile High Champ
07-04-2008, 08:37 AM

the raps would never move, so no worries there.

Bob_at_york
07-04-2008, 09:43 AM
I read yesterday that Doug Smith is totally against regular season games being played there.

The Wise 1
07-04-2008, 11:07 AM
I read yesterday that Doug Smith is totally against regular season games being played there.
I dont see anyone for it except maybe the suits who stand to make more money? Preseason sure, but it's not like we need there fans. The Bills and Raptors are in completely different situations. Buffalo fans might make up 1% of Raptors home games attendance while Buffalo relies on people from Toronto and close by to come to there games for their survival.

IMO it's extremely unlikely that we play a regular season game in Buffalo.

Maverick22x
07-06-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm a Raptors fan from Buffalo and I don't see any problem with expanding the fan base even if you think it's unnecessary. The Bills don't need Toronto to survive but it helps to have fans willing to travel and/or buy merchandise especially if the team starts to struggle. In that case any team or city could use a larger fan base. There's also no threat of the Raps moving to Buffalo that's just crazy.