PDA

View Full Version : Brand Denys Warriors... Thank God

BigT901
07-03-2008, 10:13 AM
No Shot Whatsoever: The Golden State Warriors made a bold move yesterday, counting on the fact that in order for the LA Clippers to make the $65 million offer that Baron Davis has agreed to means the Clippers have verbally agreed to renouncing the rights to Elton Brand to get the deal done. That makes the Warriors $90 million offer roughly $15 million more that the Clippers have to offer. Informed Clippers sources say Elton has already agreed to the framework of a returning deal, that it was discussed and agreed upon. The sticking point for the Clippers are not terms of a new deal, rather putting together all the pieces in the right order to maximize the opportunity. The Miami HEAT are rumored to have made an aggressive sign-and-trade push for Brand, and the 76ers made contact as well. Informed league sources say they were turned away as Brand wants to return to the Clippers. The Warriors are hoping that $15 million more will be enough to get a discussion, but things may already be wrapped up. A league source confided that a sign-and-trade with Baron Davis is still not out of the question, and that the reason Corey Maggette has not accepted a deal is he too may find the Clippers willing to broker a deal for him, if it can return them a piece. Source say that part of this game is getting everyone comfortable with the loss of the asset, and then reaching a deal that gets everyone what they wanted, pointing to Seattle and Orlando's deal last year in which the Sonics got some draft picks for getting Rashard Lewis an extra year. The drama with the Clippers is not over, it just remains to be seen if Golden State can get anything out of the loss of Baron Davis, and it does not look like that will be Elton Brand.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9351

BigT901
07-03-2008, 10:14 AM
I told you Warrior fans you would not get him.....

rico
07-03-2008, 10:51 AM
denies you mean.

Crazy Crab
07-03-2008, 10:52 AM
"A league source confided that a sign-and-trade with Baron Davis is still not out of the question."

What does this mean?

Thatruth32
07-03-2008, 11:02 AM
i dont think we are going to get him either but i wouldnt say its done... if really was 100% sure he didnt want to come here he would have agreed with the clipers yesterday and they had 9 days to work out the details but still no word... i think the longer it takes him the more he is really thinking of coming to tha bay

Thatruth32
07-03-2008, 11:03 AM
"A league source confided that a sign-and-trade with Baron Davis is still not out of the question."

What does this mean?

meaning baron would sign with tha warriors because we can offer a big contract for him than other teams... then we trade him to the team that wants him and we get some players in return....

Crazy Crab
07-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Isn't that a moot point?

mavwar53
07-03-2008, 11:14 AM
meaning baron would sign with tha warriors because we can offer a big contract for him than other teams... then we trade him to the team that wants him and we get some players in return....

It would be so they could give brand more money and they can only offer brand more money if we sign and trade baron.

Crazy Crab
07-03-2008, 11:25 AM
I thought a sign and trade was off the table. Do you think the Warriors would agree to this after all that has happened?

The83rdWonder
07-03-2008, 11:37 AM

What does this mean?

It would mean that Brand would ask for more money from the Clippers; So they don't have enough cap space to sign Baron Davis. So they S&T Baron Davis to the Clippers for some assets.

And Hoopsworld is the worst website you can source...

Skippington
07-03-2008, 12:01 PM
I can't wait until this is all over because mostly, I just want the Clippers fans to go away. Every time I come on this board I feel like I need a shower afterwards.

As if I needed another reason to hate everything that is LA

saucy1
07-03-2008, 01:08 PM
lets not hate on the poor clipper fans because they are happy right now .Whats the vegas odds of both baron and brand staying healthy all year id put my money on no

Thatruth32
07-03-2008, 01:09 PM
I can't wait until this is all over because mostly, I just want the Clippers fans to go away. Every time I come on this board I feel like I need a shower afterwards.

lmao...

Thatruth32
07-03-2008, 01:10 PM
lets not hate on the poor clipper fans because they are happy right now .Whats the vegas odds of both baron and brand staying healthy all year id put my money on no

yea no way baron plays back to back 82 game seasons... for tha most part brand has been healthy of course not last year..

Thatruth32
07-03-2008, 02:14 PM
how do i get the banners under my posts?

Tmac416
07-03-2008, 02:15 PM
this articvle means nothing. they jsut said on first take brand flew to washinton to go talk to his agent about both deals and think about what he wants to do. your article is nothing and hoops world is not areliable source. theres alot of pople that brand is crazy if he turns our deal now. most player can only dream about getting max contract. escpially since it proably is his last long term contract. he is giving serious consideration. its alot of money out there

Tmac416
07-03-2008, 02:15 PM

haha amen. knicks fans too. they gota be included. they thin monta is goign there just becuase they woudl like to have him

lincecum=future
07-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Knicks fans are seriously clueless. They think Jamal Crawford and Jeffries is enough to get Monta Ellis and Al Harrington.

Thatruth32
07-03-2008, 03:24 PM
this articvle means nothing. they jsut said on first take brand flew to washinton to go talk to his agent about both deals and think about what he wants to do. your article is nothing and hoops world is not areliable source. theres alot of pople that brand is crazy if he turns our deal now. most player can only dream about getting max contract. escpially since it proably is his last long term contract. he is giving serious consideration. its alot of money out there

I heard philly is in tha mix as well now too but i dont think they are going to give him tha max yet because they are going after both tha hawks josh's

futureman
07-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Would you guys go after Maggette now?

BigT901
07-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Brand and davis already made an agreement under the table, and that is why Baron Davis opted out at the last second, and so did Brand, they were both not expected to opt out but they worked out there own deal, so we could be at the top of the west next year, And stop hating, i never heard you guys talk bad about baron when he was on your team so back off, Stop hating, if there is any1 you should be mad at is your GM because they didnt even give him a offer to come back, so he didnt leave you guys, the warriors left him.

robbnen#31
07-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Brand and davis already made an agreement under the table, and that is why Baron Davis opted out at the last second, and so did Brand, they were both not expected to opt out but they worked out there own deal, so we could be at the top of the west next year, And stop hating, i never heard you guys talk bad about baron when he was on your team so back off, Stop hating, if there is any1 you should be mad at is your GM because they didnt even give him a offer to come back, so he didnt leave you guys, the warriors left him.

I'm not hating on Baron, but there is no way he goes this season without getting hurt. I was shocked he did it this past season. He is a great, emotional player, but at times one of the dumbest I have seen.

Thatruth32
07-03-2008, 04:28 PM
i agree.... stating that baron is going to get hurt is not hating its the facts... he played 82 games his first 3 years and has only done so once( last year) in the last 7 years..... so 4 our of 10 years he played the whole year.. thats not a great invesment to drop 65 mill into a 10 year vet like that....

Bored at work just did the math the last 7 years he had a total of 362 games played out of 574... (if he played 82 games)

SO THATS AN AVG OF 30 GAMES MISSED PER SEASON.. thats not hating thats the facts .. dont get mad at warrior fans if we are stating the facts....

Lincoln Logs
07-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Truth be told, I'd rather not sign Brand. Without a PG who can run our style, I still don't think this team is going anywhere. And although Brand's a great player, I doubt he's what we need to put us over the hump. Plus we have such a promising PF in Wright, if we lock Brand up for the Max, he's never going to get to show how good he could be, while also limiting our ability to resign Monta and Biedrins, and our ability to go after a true All-Star FA next year or in 2010.

I think even though we lost Baron, we are in a great position currently, and signing Brand might mess alot of that up.

Thatruth32
07-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Truth be told, I'd rather not sign Brand. Without a PG who can run our style, I still don't think this team is going anywhere. And although Brand's a great player, I doubt he's what we need to put us over the hump. Plus we have such a promising PF in Wright, if we lock Brand up for the Max, he's never going to get to show how good he could be, while also limiting our ability to resign Monta and Biedrins, and our ability to go after a true All-Star FA next year or in 2010.

I think even though we lost Baron, we are in a great position currently, and signing Brand might mess alot of that up.

thats the one thing i had been thinking also.. if u do get brand... do u maybe not resign andris? i still think u do ... my point is BW was tha number 8 pick if we get brand do we really want our future riding the bench i mean that is a good problem to have but were does he fit in if we gave brand that many years

robbnen#31
07-03-2008, 04:38 PM
If this was financially possibly, what if we were able to sign Arenas and then resign monta and biedrins? Seems like we would have a solid 5 guys.

Arenas - pg
monta - sg
jack - sf
wright - pf
biedrins - c

I would like to see bellinelli get in more, I think he could be a Ginobili kind of player if he develops and gets the opportunities