PDA

View Full Version : Germany Wants to Adopt Chris Kaman

GermanLakersFan
07-03-2008, 03:49 AM
Germany isn't exactly known for it's dominance in international basketball, but a frontcourt of Dirk Nowitzki and Chris Kaman could do some serious damage. Bet you didn't know Kaman was eligible to play for Germany's national team, did you? It's understandable if you didn't considering the national team coach himself still isn't sure. From Ball in Europe:

German national team coach Dirk Bauermann admitted the national federation would be foolish to not try to get the Clippers emerging big man a German passport.

"Of course, maybe we get lucky," answered Bauermann to questions if he would like to have Kaman control the blocks for his national team side. [...]

Upon further questioning if any efforts on-going to bring Kaman in, Bauermann added: "We would be stupid if it was possible and we didn't. And I'm going to leave it at that."

Where is all this talk coming from? Apparently Kaman mentioned in an interview last month that his great-grandparents are from Germany and that a while back he once considered investigating whether he could suit up for the fatherland. He never did, but that apparently set the wheels in motion for other people higher up on the food chain to do it for him.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/02/germany-wants-to-adopt-chris-kaman/

I thought that would be interesting. I actually read today on a German page that it's a done deal and Kaman was gonna get his German passport today. He would then be ready to fight for a spot on the olympics in beijing ina qualifying tournament that will take place in Athens.

I love this not only because Germany will be freakin good with a frontcourt of Nowitzki and Kaman but also because another guy from the NBA who would've never had the chance to play in the Olympics otherwise, will get the chance this way.

It’s now official: Chris Kaman has received his German passport at the German consulate in Los Angeles. So Team Germany has now added big firepower in the paint for the upcoming Olympic qualifiers in Athens.

With the help of German minister Wolfgang Schäuble, the US-born center with German roots is now cleared to play together with Dirk Nowitzki. As the details were discussed with FIBA in advance, Kaman is immediately avalaible to play for the German national team. When he will join Dirk Bauermann and the rest of the squad will be determined in the next few days.

http://www.ballineurope.com/countries/germany/breaking-news-kaman-cleared-to-play-for-germany/

YEAH LET'S ROCK AND ROLL GERMANY!! GIVE THEM US BOYS SOME COMPETITION!!

kylem4711
07-03-2008, 04:40 AM
ha. nice

krazyclipperfan
07-03-2008, 05:39 AM
This would be a good move for team Germany. It would also help Kaman get ready for next year.

ninja
07-03-2008, 07:17 AM
Big upgrade over femerling wonder if he would start right away. But if hes playing at the olympic qualifying tournament we could have a real chance making it.:rock:

nygiants242
07-03-2008, 07:53 AM
haha kaman...

_Sn1P3r_
07-03-2008, 10:24 AM
That would be a great pick-up of Germany.