PDA

View Full Version : Now what exactly does "Verbal agreement" mean???

Joe505
07-03-2008, 02:32 AM
Becuase if it means that Baron said yeah sure I'll sign with you guys. Then doesn't that mean he can back out? Say we get Baron and Brand together. And offer better contracts then what they're getting in LALA land, and sign them up here? Is it possible. Maybe each offer them 5 yr's 65 mil??? Then we get Monta and Biedrins to accept there one year tenders. And go for it? I don't know someone tell me if he can back out of this deal in the first place? Cuz the way I'm thinking of it is, it's kinda like if Bonds would have left right in the prime of his Carrer...but we got him for the 5 yr 90 mil. I mean he is the best warrior in the last decade. We need him, and if this is the only way then we need to get it done!!!:cry:

tru_warrior
07-03-2008, 02:41 AM
baron can't officially sign until july 9th so technically he can back out. but he won't. he signed so quickly with LA because no way are we giving him 5 years. no way.

Joe505
07-03-2008, 02:43 AM
Idk Maybe we give them 3 yrs, 39 mil??? Same amount of MONEY!!!

Ragun
07-03-2008, 09:53 AM
It means that he cant sign on the dotted line till July 9th and the Teams can not comment on any signing for trade till its official but the players can talk about it. Baron Davis basically said, "I have agreed to a contract with the Clippers and I am going to sign with them on July 9th".

Remember that he can still back out cause he did not sign on the dotted line yet.

You guys still have tons of cap space and can go after Arenas or something.

oracle650
07-03-2008, 11:22 AM
don't worry man. we got change to play with. and if dude surprised everyone once he can do it again. however I think we'll get somethin good. if mullin and cohan put down the new jack city pipe. :D