PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Suns 08-09 Rookies update thread

STAT32
07-03-2008, 01:46 AM
I thought we could make this a sticky considering the Summer league is coming up and Robin Lopez will be playing along with Alando Tucker and DJ Strawberry. I'll keep updates of our rookies in here. By the way, i'll be including Alando and Straw's progress in here considering they're practically still Rookies anyway.

Robin Lopez 7 ft, C
Only 19 years old

http://www.thelgnews.com/pics/padn/400xN/lgdn/2007-1-4-stanford-cal-gamer

Expected to play big minutes behind Shaq. He may even start sometimes considering Shaq is averaging only 55 games a season. Nice big energy rebounder/shot blocker and good post defender. But best of all, the guy plays good pick n' roll defense. Robin will be participating in the Summer League which starts on July 14th.

Probably Robin's best game:

"Round 2 - Sat, Mar 22"
vs. Marquette
7 for 10, 18 points
9 rebounds (6 defensive; 3 offensive)
3 blocks

http://www.ncaasports.com/mmod/player

Goran Dragic 6-4, Combo Guard
22 years old

http://www.zurnal.org/export/sites/z24/_data/images/kosarka/dragic_oly_bot.jpg_1263901871.jpg

Highly coveted by Suns management, we gave up a future second and500,000 to go up two spots to draft him. He's an excellent slasher and finisher around the basket, he can shoot the ball well, and is praised for his defense.Steve Kerr and David Griffin believe he can become our starting point guard in 2 or three years. Kerr stated that he feels Goran was the second best point guard in the draft, but he fell due to his buyout issues with his Euro team, Tau Ceramica and Slovan.

It's looking more and more like Goran will be joining the Suns this year, and if thats the case we shouldn't have to waste what available cash we have to sign a backup pg.

Here's an article about Goran's buyout situation:
http://www.ballineurope.com/european-basketball/euroleague/what-will-happen-to-goran-dragic-this-summer/

It basically states that Goran signed a deal with Tau Ceramica, but the courts ruled that he actually still belonged to the Slovenia team. The Slovenia team is conveniently willing to let Goran go for $500,000. The exact amount the Suns are allowed to pay to get him over here.

Goran Dragic's workout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8zFOBxEvds

Highlights of Goran
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjghrBgCxAU

DJ Strawberry 6-5, Shooting Guard
22years old

http://www.nba.com/media/act_dj_strawberry.jpg

DJ showed great flashes when he got the playing time. He's an excellent slasher and terrific lock-down defender. With some good playing time and development he can become Bells replacement. He needs to work on his shot a bit more. DJ has the capability to be a great defender and role player. If he can develope he pretty much solves our problems at the wing.

Straw's highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Q7krcehLc

Alando Tucker 6-6, Small Forward
23 years old

http://hoopedia.nba.com/images/9/9f/Act_alando_tucker.jpg

Alando Tucker is a versatile wing out of wisconsin. Although under D'antoni he never even got a chance, he has the ability to become a valued role player. He could become a great wing player, he needs to develope a bit more of a mid-range game, has a great back to the basket game, he's a good defender.

He played in the D-League and averaged some absolutely ridiculous stats
28.2 points and 7 rebounds

Alando Highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGyXSPPb63c

So lets get out there and support our rookies (all three of them) in this years Summer League! I'll be sure to post updates on how all of our rooks our doing throughout the year.

FreedomReigns
07-03-2008, 02:18 AM
Great thread to start. I look forward to the updates. Hopefully they start filling the roster soon. As it stands were looking at something like this:

C- Lopez
PF- ?
SF- Tucker
SG- Strawberry
PG- Dragic

rocky4104
07-03-2008, 03:34 AM
tucker will surprise people!!

STAT32
07-03-2008, 04:52 AM
^^^ Dragic won't be playing in the summer league

FreedomReigns
07-03-2008, 06:13 AM
^^^ Dragic won't be playing in the summer league

Well scratch that then.

STAT32
07-03-2008, 03:33 PM
The Lineup will be something like this:

Robin Lopez
Free Agent
Alando Tucker
DJ Strawberry
Free Agent

STAT32
07-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Hey King4Day, would you mind making this thread a sticky at least until the Summer League is over?

STAT32
07-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Here is the official Phoenix Suns 2008 Summer League roster

No. Player Pos. Ht. Wt. Birthdate College/Team Yrs

16 Rod Benson F/C 6-10 225 10/10/84 California R

10 Justin Cage G/F 6-6 225 6/26/85 Xavier R

4 Taquan Dean G 6-4 190 8/6/83 Louisville R

12 Jiri Hubalek F/C 6-11 225 11/25/82 Iowa State R

14 Ekene Ibekwe F 6-9 220 7/19/85 Maryland R

17 Jared Jordan G 6-2 187 10/14/84 Marist 1

15 Robin Lopez C 7-0 255 4/1/88 Stanford R

11 Ivan McFarlin F 6-8 232 4/26/82 Oklahoma State 1

8 D.J. Strawberry G 6-5 201 6/15/85 Maryland 1

29 Alando Tucker G 6-6 205 2/11/84 Wisconsin 1

2 Marcus Vinicius F 6-8 225 5/31/84 San Carlos (Brazil) 2

3 Judson Wallace F/C 6-10 220 12/31/82 Princeton R

Renegade
07-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Jared Jordan?! Nice!! What's the odds of him making the team?

JARED JORDAN: Wearing #25, and nicknamed "The Magician", he led the nation for two years in a row in assists, the only NCAA Division I player to do so since Avery Johnson, the former coach of the Dallas Mavericks. He racked up 286 assists, an average of 8.7 per game.

STAT32
07-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Well, I wouldn't count on him making the team. Suns F.O. is real high on Goran and are close to signing Lue.

FreedomReigns
07-03-2008, 09:37 PM
A couple things I found on Jared Jordan. He played Euro Ball last year so maybe it helped him develop a little more game.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/the_bonus/05/24/jared.jordan/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld_EUlEaZf8

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jared-Jordan-1094/

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tx2141339cap&prov=st&type=lgns

FreedomReigns
07-03-2008, 10:56 PM
From Suns official site. Just a little update from Alondo Tucker. I look forward to his reports throughout the summer. Hopefully he will post often and give us some insight.

Hope you dont mind if I use this thread to post this since he talks briefly about his thoughts on the rookies. I didn't want to water down the site with another thread.

http://suns.marqui.com/blog/suns01_07030801.aspx

STAT32
07-03-2008, 11:09 PM
No feel free, that's exactly what I created this thread for. Rookie updates.

cabrera_logic
07-03-2008, 11:16 PM
very good info about the summer league roster STAT32, Thanx. I toke a look at the players profile, and is a very promising roster, hopefuly we would be able to find the answer at the 3 and 4 Backup Spots, something that the Heat did with Udonis Haslem. Im very intrigued by Ekene Ibekwe, he's a 6-9 PF with some decent numbers in college basketball (Maryland), but the stat that really cought my attention was he's 2.7 bpg average...THATZ SOME SERIOUS DEFENSE FOLKS!!!...I hope this guy does well in the summer league so management can sign him.

STAT32
07-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Good points Cabrera. However, i'm skeptical at best as to whether or not any of these players will be signed. Ekene Ibekwe may not be bad if he can fill a defensive need. But honestly look for some small free agent signings to fill those holes (i.e. Quinton Ross, Pietrus, Barnes)

Sports Illustrator
07-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Here is the entire team's roster for the Phoenix Suns' Summer League of 2008.

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/2008_summer_roster.html

Its a good time to start guessing who could make the official Suns team.

sunsalltheway03
07-04-2008, 02:17 AM
I really am looking forward to watching Robin, DJ, and Alando play together. Hopefully they can start to mesh and we can start to get a nice young core.

CaliHooper
07-04-2008, 06:01 AM
very good info about the summer league roster STAT32, Thanx. I toke a look at the players profile, and is a very promising roster, hopefuly we would be able to find the answer at the 3 and 4 Backup Spots, something that the Heat did with Udonis Haslem. Im very intrigued by Ekene Ibekwe, he's a 6-9 PF with some decent numbers in college basketball (Maryland), but the stat that really cought my attention was he's 2.7 bpg average...THATZ SOME SERIOUS DEFENSE FOLKS!!!...I hope this guy does well in the summer league so management can sign him.

I agree about Ibekwe. GREAT ATHLETE! Had some huge games at Maryland, was All-ACC first team defense his senior year....but more importantly is that long, quick, super athletic # 4 that the Suns need desperately; he has terrific skills finishing on the break...has improved his shooting playing in both Israel and France this year and seems to be a good fit for the Suns style of play....always had to play out of position at Maryland.....is now at his natural 4 spot.....blocks a lot of shots......he could really help us

cabrera_logic
07-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Does any of u have any idea if the summer league games are gonna be televised?, i know that NBATV is gonna broadcast only 2 games, but wht about the other 3?

nashty13
07-04-2008, 11:04 AM
We have Taquen Dean? Remember how sick he was at Louiville (i think)??? And Rod Benson! Boom Tho! He could make a roster somewhere as a rebounder/shot blocker.

STAT32
07-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Cabrera, i'm sure there will be links at Suns.com or even NBA.com

jlove
07-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Don't be fooled by Jordan. If we get ANYTHING from him, it'll be a miracle. Below is the Suns Summer League roster (minus Tucker, Lopez and Strawberry), their stats from last year (or 2 years ago on some). Honestly IMO, there's only 2 guys that the Suns should really be looking at and that is Rod Benson and Justin Cage. All the other guys aren't much to pawn over.

Another thing that I found EXTREMELY irritating is that Otis George isn't back on the roster. He played fabulously last summer, but the Suns couldn't sign him because he was still under contract overseas for this last year.

Rod Benson PF/C (6'10" 235): Averaged 13.6 pts / 12 rbs / 1 ast / 1 st / 1 blk while shooting 52% FG / 68% FT in the NBDL last year.

Justin Cage SG/SF (6'6" 225): 12 pts / 6 rbds / 2 asts / 1 st / 1 blk while shooting 60% FG / 50% 3FG / 80% FT in the NBDL last year. GREAT DEFENSE!!! (a lot like Marion on defense and the ability to IMPACT a game without plays run for him)

Taquan Dean PG/SG (6'3" 185): 12 Pts / 3 rbds / 2 asts / 2 stl while shooting 38% FG / 30% 3FG / 78% FT in the Italian League last year. NOT NBA READY!!!!

Jiri Hubalek PF/C (6'11" 236): 11 Pts / 7 Rbds / 1 Blk while shooting 45% FG / 28% 3FG / 68% FT in NCAA (Iowa State) in 2006-2007. No record of playing BBall last year.

Ekene Ibekwe PF (6'9" 208): 10 Pts / 8 rbds / 1 Ast / 1 St / 3 Blks while shooting 50% FG / 64% FT in NCAA (Maryland) in 2006-2007. No record of playing BBall last year.

Jared Jordan PG (6'2" 182): 1 Pt / 1 Ast while shooting 39% FG / 17% 3FG in 11 games in Europe last year. ?????????

Ivan McFarlin PF (6'7" 228): 1 Pt / 1 Rbd while shooting 39% FG / 1% 3FG / 71% FT in 11 games in NBA (2006-2007). No record of playing BBall last year.

Marcus Vinicius SF (6'8" 225): 2 Pts / 1 Ast while shooting 45% FG / 42% 3FG / 46% FT in 13 games with Memphis last year.

Judson Wallace PF (6'10" 240): Unable to find current stats. Under contract with Bennetton Treviso of Italy for 2008-2009 season.

theimortalone
07-04-2008, 01:11 PM
What is the status of Dragic? I am at work and for some reason the link that Stat32 left doesnt work. Does anyone know?

STAT32
07-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Imortal, Goran Dragic's Slovenian team is willing to let him be bought out for $500,000. The Suns are only allowed to pay $500,000 of Goran's buyout. So you can connect the dots for yourself.

STAT32
07-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Here you go immortal:

The Goran Dragic case has caused a lot of discussion in recent years. Some even considered his signing by TAU Ceramica as theft. The whole transaction went to court, and now there has been a decision. I spoke with our Slovenian friend Matej Bergant, who send us his insight into this case.

Slovenian NT player, a top European prospect of the 1986 generation and 2008 NBA draftee, Goran Dragič moved in summer 2006 from Slovenian team Geoplin Slovan Ljubljana, as you may know, to Spain, where he signed a long-term contract with Spanish powerhouse TAU Ceramica.

Afterward, Dragič was loaned by TAU Ceramica and played for Spanish Polaris World Murcia and Slovenian Union Olimpija Ljubljana. This summer, he was also chosen at no. 45 overall in the NBA draft by the San Antonio Spurs, who soon after traded his rights to Phoenix Suns. Everything would be fine, but behind the scenes something else was — and is still — going on…

Dragič’s transfer from Geoplin Slovan Ljubljana (which had a long-term contract with Dragič at that time) to Spanish TAU Ceramica wasn’t valid, judged the Slovenian court on the ruling last week.

What happened? In summer ’06, TAU wanted to buy the player and offered Slovan a buyout of €250,000. Slovan considered the offer not good enough and declined, because they wanted more money for the young prospect. TAU wasn’t prepared to pay more.

TAU and Dragič’s agent (Rade Filipović, BDA) found a way over all these obstacles, discovering a rule in Slovenian basketball federation regulations for basketball transfers which allows the player (not in Dragič’s case, but some other special cases) to move if they pay some kind of sum of about €31,000. TAU allocated this laughable (!) sum to Slovan’s bank account to sign a long-term contract with Dragič with a €1 million NBA release clause.

The Slovenian basketball federation made matters even worse, giving the letter of clearance to TAU Ceramica, as everything would be just fine in the case. All this just because transfer regulations were explained differently by every side involved.

Slovan’s GM was shocked and decided to send the case to the Slovenian court to examine the legality of the matter. He even reallocated the money given by TAU back to them.

Last week, the court of justice in Slovenia decided that TAU’s and Dragič’s actions in this case were illegal and that he is still the player of Geoplin Slovan Ljubljana. The court said that the letter of clearance shouldn’t have been given to TAU Ceramica in the first place because both sides involved should have first agreed on the buyout (it took them two basketball seasons to decide this…) before making the transfer. Of course, everyone expects the lawyers representing TAU and Dragič in the case to appeal, so the final decision in this case could take another year or even more.

One other thing is laughable. As I heard from reliable sources, Slovan, which has changed their GM since this case with Dragič in 2006, would now be prepared to let Dragič go for $500,000 (about €300,000), which is a bit more what TAU was offering at first time.

There are a lot of open questions. TAU wants Dragič to take the spot on their first team, as they want him to backup Pablo Prigioni. Zoran Planinić left for CSKA Moscow, so he could actually see some minutes there. The Phoenix Suns and their GM Steve Kerr want to bring Dragič overseas and Slovenian top club Olimpija Ljubljana is also interested in making him their own player, and not just a loaner. We will have to wait and see how this saga ends…

JPHX
07-04-2008, 03:49 PM
well ill believe it when i see him in a suns uni.

cabrera_logic
07-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Damn STAT32!!! u sure know how 2 digg in 4 info....

STAT32
07-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Hahah, well to be honest, I'm really excited about Goran Dragic. Guy could be a really good player.

whamo
07-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Hahah, well to be honest, I'm really excited about Goran Dragic. Guy could be a really good player.

Dragic is a stud!! It would be awesome if we could get him here for this upcoming year! I love that he goes into the paint alot, can hit the three, and can jump! He looks very promising.

theimortalone
07-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Imortal, Goran Dragic's Slovenian team is willing to let him be bought out for $500,000. The Suns are only allowed to pay $500,000 of Goran's buyout. So you can connect the dots for yourself.

So pretty much there shouldnt be a problem with us getting him, if thats the case then we need to get him ASAP!!!

rtbPHX
07-05-2008, 10:28 AM
So pretty much there shouldnt be a problem with us getting him, if thats the case then we need to get him ASAP!!!

Reading this in the article, towards the bottom

"Of course, everyone expects the lawyers representing TAU and Dragič in the case to appeal, so the final decision in this case could take another year or even more."

Makes me think that the issue isn't settled and could still take a while to settle it.

theimortalone
07-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Reading this in the article, towards the bottom

"Of course, everyone expects the lawyers representing TAU and Dragič in the case to appeal, so the final decision in this case could take another year or even more."

Makes me think that the issue isn't settled and could still take a while to settle it.

Hopefullu they settle it. I want him in Phx!

FreedomReigns
07-07-2008, 04:01 AM
Maybe someone might be interested in this. The following link is covering Brook Lopez and the Nets Summer League practice.

Sounds like Sean Williams was too quick for the rookie. Must have been waiting for Robin to come in and play some defense.

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2008/07/rookie_lopez_facing_a_tall_tas.html

STAT32
07-07-2008, 05:03 AM
Interesting, if he's getting smoked by Williams how is he supposed to defend guys like Dwight KG and Stat?

Based on that, i'm starting to think we got the better one of the twins.

FreedomReigns
07-07-2008, 06:09 AM
Interesting, if he's getting smoked by Williams how is he supposed to defend guys like Dwight KG and Stat?

Based on that, i'm starting to think we got the better one of the twins.

Especially since we got him at 15. The more I analyze Robin Lopez, the more it makes sense to me. I admit I wasn't thrilled when they called his name. I look forward to seeing how well Stat and Lopez work out on the floor.

The 2008 version of the Suns could be a much more well rounded team than last year. Specifically on defense. I hope Tucker and Strawberry put some time in offensively during the offseason. If they both developed better jumpers then more minutes should come. That would make the lack of free agent activity easier to swallow.

theimortalone
07-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Hell yeah, that makes me feel better about our draft pick. He will be a good defensive presence down low for us! I cant wait to see how he does!

STAT32
07-07-2008, 11:53 AM
The way I see it, Robin Lopez already has the toughest part of the game mastered. Defense. Robin will quickly develope an offensive skill-set playing alongside Stat and Shaquille.

theimortalone
07-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Any updates on Goran yet?

STAT32
07-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully we get some news on it by the end of the month.

theimortalone
07-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Yeah for sure! We need him over here ASAP!

jlove
07-07-2008, 05:18 PM
You all can scratch Rod Benson off our summer league team. He is now on the Raptors summer squad.

KTAR in Phoenix doesn't know the reasoning, nor does a lady I talked to this morning in the Suns coaches office.

I emailed Rod Benson himself through his website to see what the deal is.

I was really looking forward to seeing him have a shot at our roster with Lopez backing up Shaq and Amare.

STAT32
07-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Too bad about Benson. Of all the Summer Leaguers he had the best chance of making the roster....

STAT32
07-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Whoever is the Mod in the Suns forum would you mind making this a sticky thread? That way I can keep updates go all year?

Thank you kindly.

STAT32
07-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Can some of the mods up in here please make this a sticky?

Willy T Justice
07-15-2008, 02:19 AM
Saw this in another SunS forum and thought it was worth passing on

I posted this as well in the G-Boy Dragic thread and I saw that STAT32 was posting Dragic updates here so I thought I would do the same. This is the latest on Dragic its from the spanish newspapers and is translated.

http://phxsuns.net/showthread.php?t=843

Slovenia opened up today's Olympic qualifiers in Athens with an 88-76 victory over Korea.

Our boy Goran had 11 pts on 3-3 shooting (plus 1-1 3pt. and 4-4 FTs), 4 ast., 3 reb., 1 stl., and 1 TO.

I don't think he's starting though, so his minutes will be around this amount for most games, but he was apparently on the court during crunch time when Korea made their comeback. I think he's backing up or playing the 2 alongside their starting PG, Lakovic.

sunsalltheway03
07-15-2008, 02:37 AM
Can some of the mods up in here please make this a sticky?

I'll sticky it.

STAT32
07-15-2008, 04:19 AM
Nice suns03 finally someone made it a sticky. I was just about to give up on it.

I'll post summer league stats and individual analysis of our players (Alando,DJ,RoLo) tomorrow. I gotta hit the sack for now.

FreedomReigns
07-15-2008, 05:28 AM
Not sure if anyone has already posted a link or read the following article regarding D.J. Strawberry on the Suns official site so I will link it here.

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/strawberry_summer_080711.html

It's a good read and gives some insight to where he's at mentally. I like his outlook towards the team and how well he has accepted his role thus far. If he is sincere and all the hard work pays off he could end up as the Suns future PG and not at the 2 spot as most of us speculate. Go ahead and bring the Dragic argument, im expecting it. I have a feeling that Dragic and his contractual woes will turn ugly and drawn out before he has a chance to lace up for the Suns.

Preparing Strawberry to play the point for the second year in a row is a smart move. It could pay off in the long run.

FreedomReigns
07-15-2008, 05:36 AM
It appears that King4day already posted the link. I agree when he said it's a good read. If you folks haven't checked it out yet I recommend you do.

STAT32
07-15-2008, 03:23 PM
DJ is a good kid. He's strong, quick, athletic, and he shows a lot of heart.

You can tell he's been working on his shot because it looks really smooth and automatic now.

sunsalltheway03
07-15-2008, 03:30 PM
I like DJ. He is a good kid. But he has to work on his shot. His D is pretty good, he's willing to work, and now he needs to work on understanding the game and getting his shot a lot better.

STAT32
07-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Suns03, i'm going to go out on a limb here and say you didn't watch yesterday's game?

DJ was not only hitting his shots, they looked incredibly smooth and automatic. He was creating shots for himself and really spreading the floor. To be quite honest he looks like a very very well rounded PG. He can shoot the ball well, good slasher, great defender, and a good distributor.

Out of all of our "rookies" i'm most excited to watch the developement of DJ.

STAT32
07-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Game 1 July 14th Houston Rox V. Phoenix Suns

Alando Tucker
22 pts, 6-16 fg, 8-10 ft, 2-3 3pt
6 reb (2 def, 4 off)
2 ast
3 pf
1 TO

Good all around output from our badger here. He's got a great skillset and can really get into the paint. Could be a very good backup for Grant this year and possibly a starter in the years to come.

DJ Strawberry
22 pts, 7-15 fg, 8-12 ft, 0-2 3pt
6 reb (4 def, 2 off)
5 ast
4 pf
1 st
3 TO
1 bs

Excellent game from DJ, His shot looks 1000.000% better than it did last year. He's a good slasher. He really ran a smooth effective offense. I'm thinking this kid could end up being our starting pg in a couple years.

Robin "RoLo" Lopez
19 pts, 5-13 fg, 9-11 ft
5 reb (2 def, 3 off)
5 TO (Wow)
7 pf
2 bs

O-K game from Robin. Nice to see that he does have a pretty big offensive upside but at the same time i'd like to see his conditioning and rebounding improve.

sunsalltheway03
07-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Suns03, i'm going to go out on a limb here and say you didn't watch yesterday's game?

DJ was not only hitting his shots, they looked incredibly smooth and automatic. He was creating shots for himself and really spreading the floor. To be quite honest he looks like a very very well rounded PG. He can shoot the ball well, good slasher, great defender, and a good distributor.

Out of all of our "rookies" i'm most excited to watch the developement of DJ.

No, I didn't watch the game. I knew it was yesterday but I didn't know what time. Good to hear that he did well shooting wise.

After reading your other post and seeing the stats, I am very excited about all of them. Just gotta have Lopez be more careful with the ball.

STAT32
07-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Yea 5 TO is pretty bad. But he just needs to rebound more consistently and we'll be set.

theimortalone
07-17-2008, 04:06 PM
Rolo had a good game, but those turnovers dont look so good. DJ and Tuck Sound like they did pretty good too :D

STAT32
07-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Yea DJ is doing great. Imortal are you going to watch the game tonight at 8:30 Eastern Time? It's against the Spurs.

theimortalone
07-17-2008, 04:15 PM
I wish that I could man, but i dont have NBATV! I will have to check out the stats for sure tho!

STAT32
07-17-2008, 04:20 PM
^^^ Imortal NBA.com does a webcast for every game.

theimortalone
07-17-2008, 04:22 PM
For real? I will have to check it out then :D Thanks for the info :D

STAT32
07-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Imortal do you have an NBA all access account? They're free but If you don't here's the link so you can set one up.

http://www.nba.com/allaccess/register.jsp

You have to have one of these accounts otherwise you can't watch.

STAT32
07-17-2008, 10:22 PM
DJ Strawberry
12 pts 3-10 fg, 1-1 3pt, 5-8 ft
4 reb (2 def, 2 off)
3 ast
2 st
1 TO

Overall, another good game from DJ. He's becoming very agressive with not only his offense but his defense as well. He hustles, makes good decisions and is looking to be a very solid scorer.

Alando Tucker
24 pts 8-10 fg, 8-11 ft
3 reb (All offensive)
2 TO

Great game from Alando. What's more impressive is the fact that he did that in 19 minutes. I predict good things for this kid.

Robin "RoLo" Lopez
14 pts 6-12 fg, 2-3 ft
9 reb (6 off, 3 def)
1 ast
only 1 foul
2 bs

Much better all around output from RoLo tonight. Did exactly what he was supposed to do hustle(6 offensive boards says it all), provide energy, and rebound.

PhxGiant
07-17-2008, 11:26 PM
These three are playing very good early on, i love how DJ and Tucker are getting to the line regularly.

DJ is doing great at, being agressive, taking care of the ball, and he is always finding the open man and showing leadership.

Tucker's shot has improved A LOT, and i love how he is agrressive down low even when he is outsized, it shows his heart.

Lopez is really impressing me with his low post game, playing great defense and crashing the boards, also had a great touch pass too DJ

STAT32
07-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Alando Tucker
19 pts 7-10 fg, 5-5 ft
3 reb (all offensive)
1 ast
1 TO

Another consistent game for Alando.

DJ Strawberry
21 pts 7-16 fg, 7-10 ft
1 reb
1 ast
3 TO

Best offensive game from DJ yet. He needs to work on his ball handling though. DJ's jumpshot is money.

Robin Lopez
15 pts 7-12 fg, 1-3 ft
9 reb (8 def, 1 off)
2 ast
1 blk
3 TO

Another solid game for RoLo, He needs to take care of the ball better though....

Rome
07-21-2008, 05:35 AM
Reading all this is making me wish it was November already lol. Can't wait.

Willy T Justice
07-23-2008, 04:36 AM
great to see Lopez get the chance to play against the US National team. Like to see how he matches up with some of the elite players in the NBA. This will be valuable experience for him.

theimortalone
07-23-2008, 10:10 AM
ROLO looked so good with the summer league! I am so proud of that pick! I cant wait til the season starts!

Rome
07-23-2008, 11:49 PM
^ That pick took me by a bit of Suprise. I know the Suns were looking for a big man but thought Lopez would be in the 20's. Glad we got him though, i expect nothing but good things from the kid. Gotta love the hair too i guess.

STAT32
07-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Great article on RoLo taking part in the U.S. Select Team.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2008/07/25/20080725bickley.html

Sounds like we can really expect a lot out of this kid.

Indi23
07-26-2008, 04:52 PM
i Love RoLo .. i always saw something in him every since the draft i just hope he continues to please

kjfan
07-26-2008, 06:33 PM

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2008/07/25/20080725bickley.html

Thats what I'm talking about.

FreedomReigns
07-29-2008, 03:15 PM

Im starting to wonder if he will show enough improvement to warrant starting over Shaq at some point this season. He seems to be taking his shot at the NBA very seriously. Im really looking forward to this season.

theimortalone
07-30-2008, 09:12 AM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D I am so excited about getting him! He is gonna be a force to be reckoned with! He is the defensive presence that we have been dying for!

tadjock
08-13-2008, 04:22 AM
i hope dragic signs with the suns :(

theimortalone
08-13-2008, 08:47 PM
i hope dragic signs with the suns :(

Oh me too! :clap: Hopefully they make it happen! I have faith in our FO!

theimortalone
08-13-2008, 09:59 PM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2008/08/13/suns-convince-goran-dragic-to-leave-europe-to-be-steve-nashs-ba/ :clap:

tadjock
08-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Oh me too! :clap: Hopefully they make it happen! I have faith in our FO!

yeah. it would be a very good team this season :D

amare#1
10-11-2008, 11:52 PM
any chance of un-stickying this now that everything is sorted out?

theimortalone
10-12-2008, 12:55 AM
lol I know Amare#1 I am sick seeing this as a stick still lol.

amare#1
10-12-2008, 01:18 AM
lol yeah exactly.

Rome
10-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Lol who cares? Over time it'll be moved I'm sure guys.

king4day
10-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Lol who cares? Over time it'll be moved I'm sure guys.

I'm actually going to unstick this one. It hasn't gotten much use and can be restored if need be. It was good for the Summer but now with the season starting, a lot of talk regarding rookies (or any player) will end up in the game threads.

Otherwise it's just a clutter at the top if it's not being used.

amare#1
10-14-2008, 01:56 AM
Thanks King!

king4day
10-14-2008, 05:07 PM
While it's only preseason, DJ Strawberry had 16 pts in 19 minutes against the Thunder yesterday (though he did have 5 fouls as well).
I wish him well, but this trade better not bite us in the as$

Rome
10-14-2008, 09:21 PM
I saw that too man. That would suck if DJ progressed tremendously and became a good player, while singletary kinda falls off the planet.

Least we still have Tuck.