PDA

View Full Version : Any Interest in Tony Gwynn Jr.

hgtiger32
07-03-2008, 01:21 AM
I was wondering if any teams have an interest and who you would give up....was a 2nd round pick in '03....so we'll need something good in return....probably pitching

brewersfan729
07-03-2008, 01:28 AM
I was wondering if any teams have an interest and who you would give up....was a 2nd round pick in '03....so we'll need something good in return....probably pitching

Mark Rogers. 1st round pick in 2004 is on the block. We're going to need something good for him. It doesn't matter if he missed all of last year and will miss all of this year with shoulder injuries. He was a 1st round pick and we need something good!

FriarFanatic
07-03-2008, 01:33 AM
id take him in san diego right now to play right field. we will give you giles but you might have to give us gwynn and someone else

CY24
07-03-2008, 01:43 AM
are you familiar with Yusmiero Petit. He just pitched 6 innings of 1 run ball vs the Brewers and is only 23. Also Billy Buckner was the minor league pitcher of the year for the royals last year and is currently in AAA with the dbacks. I can see the dbacks offering one of those guys (or both) for tony.

FriarFanatic
07-03-2008, 01:48 AM
you guys dont need tony

brewersfan729
07-03-2008, 01:52 AM
are you familiar with Yusmiero Petit. He just pitched 6 innings of 1 run ball vs the Brewers and is only 23. Also Billy Buckner was the minor league pitcher of the year for the royals last year and is currently in AAA with the dbacks. I can see the dbacks offering one of those guys (or both) for tony.

I would take that deal in a freakin' second.

Kinsm
07-03-2008, 02:07 AM
I would take that deal in a freakin' second.

Yeah you would, too bad AZ would never offer it. You're way overvaluing Gwynn, he has absolutely no power and even though he has speed it isn't burner speed. All though his 3 stints in the majors were short he showed that he will probably never be an everyday starter. That should be kind of evident since MIL went out and got Cameron instead of giving him the job. He also turns 26 in October which is approaching that age to label him a busted prospect. In 235 major league at bats he has an OPS of around 600, which is horrible and a career ops in the minors slightly below 700 which also isn't good. He could be a adequate 4th ofer and pinch hitter.

Gwynn Jr. probably = Norris Hopper (CIN REDS)

Kinsm
07-03-2008, 02:11 AM
Mark Rogers. 1st round pick in 2004 is on the block. We're going to need something good for him. It doesn't matter if he missed all of last year and will miss all of this year with shoulder injuries. He was a 1st round pick and we need something good!

He wasn't pitching well when he was healthy.

brewersfan729
07-03-2008, 03:32 AM
Yeah you would, too bad AZ would never offer it. You're way overvaluing Gwynn, he has absolutely no power and even though he has speed it isn't burner speed. All though his 3 stints in the majors were short he showed that he will probably never be an everyday starter. That should be kind of evident since MIL went out and got Cameron instead of giving him the job. He also turns 26 in October which is approaching that age to label him a busted prospect. In 235 major league at bats he has an OPS of around 600, which is horrible and a career ops in the minors slightly below 700 which also isn't good. He could be a adequate 4th ofer and pinch hitter.

Gwynn Jr. probably = Norris Hopper (CIN REDS)

I know AZ would never offer it. I've been bashed on the Brewers board as a "Gwynn hater" because I say he's not good.

He wasn't pitching well when he was healthy.

The word sarcasm doesn't get thrown around often enough these days.

Humongo
07-03-2008, 06:58 AM
Tony Gwynn Jr. has decent (I guess) patience at the plate, and has put up a few decent OBPs (not really anything worth noting) over his minor league career. He steals some bases (and gets caught alot) and has decent contact rates.

Other than that, he's not anything that anyone wants. The fat remains that the highlight of his minor league campaign was a .756 OPS two years ago in the PCL (hitter's league). And we can't overlook those 8 minor league HRs, and that .344 SLG (did I mention he's played his last 3 minor league seasons in the PCL?). He's also 25 and barely a servicable 4th OF.

If his name was, say, Tony Jones Jr. we wouldn't even be talking about him.

Humongo
07-03-2008, 07:01 AM
...so if the Doug Melvin and his goonies are half as adamant as yourself that the Brewers will require "something good in return" for Tony Gwynn's son, you'll be seeing him in a Brewers' jersey for quite some time.

sportwiz628
07-03-2008, 09:25 AM
No ofense but these threads are stupid and make no sense as were not the GM of our favorite teams and the real GM has a totally different view with some of these players.

McJoe
07-03-2008, 10:02 AM
so do brewer fans get to put every single one of their players on the block one per week

if were gonna do the "what would you give up for ______?" threads than can we put major leaguers in them

coming soon...
what would you trade for John McDonald?
what would you trade for Graham Godfrey?
what would you trade for Denny Almonte?
what would you trade for little league world series superstar Chris Drury(who yes plays hockey now)?

give me a break guys no one gives a **** about gwynn jr

sportwiz628
07-03-2008, 10:43 AM
so do brewer fans get to put every single one of their players on the block one per week

if were gonna do the "what would you give up for ______?" threads than can we put major leaguers in them

coming soon...
what would you trade for little league world series superstar Chris Drury(who yes plays hockey now)?

:clap:

hgtiger32
07-06-2008, 12:06 AM
sorry i was wasting your time...but i was just curious if there was an interest for TG Jr. cuz he's never gonig to play for the Brewers...cuz of Hart, Braun, and LaPorta

JHG722
07-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Jeff Samardzija for Chris Drury?

Neely
07-06-2008, 09:39 AM

coming soon...

LoL.