PDA

View Full Version : Nugs, Najera trying to reach deal, but he won't take BAE

DenButsu
07-03-2008, 01:12 AM
Najera has plenty of options, but wants to return to Nuggets

Eduardo Najera could rejoin his college coach. He could return to where he attended high school. He could play where he went to college.

Still, Najera’s preference is to stay with the Nuggets.

Najera said there’s been ample interest in him as a free agent. The forward said Wednesday that Nuggets officials have told his agent, Dan Fegan, they want him back.

“That’s definitely where I want to be,’’ Najera said. “They’re trying to come up with a plan.’’

Najera said money hasn’t been discussed. Najera made $4.95 million last season, and Denver is well into the luxury tax.

“The number is going to be an issue,’’ said Najera, who is wary of a pay cut and dismissed taking a team’s $1.91 million bi-annual exception. “Hopefully, they can work it out.’’rockymountainnews (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/02/nuggets-summer-league-team-announced/)

Crunchy12489
07-03-2008, 01:16 AM
I guess this is good news?

Or bad news?

"Hopefully"...... He seems indecisive..

Damnit Eddie stop playing with us! I want you back :(

DenButsu
07-03-2008, 01:57 AM
I take it as a good sign, at least in terms of how the FO is handling the situation... Making it clear we'd like him back, but also that we're not going to give away the farm to do it.

Game_Over
07-03-2008, 02:07 AM
I agree I do like Eddie but don't over pay him!!

BRAVE KID
07-03-2008, 02:40 AM
If we can get him then perfect if not then moving on. he is great to have but if we can't afford him don't want to dwell on it.

DenButsu
07-03-2008, 02:42 AM
If we can get him then perfect if not then moving on. he is great to have but if we can't afford him don't want to dwell on it.

He does a lot for the Nuggets, but after re-signing JR, our top priorities should be a real pg, and a big who's a real presence in the paint - much harder to find those guys than good scrap/hustle guys.

BRAVE KID
07-03-2008, 02:51 AM
He does a lot for the Nuggets, but after re-signing JR, our top priorities should be a real pg, and a big who's a real presence in the paint - much harder to find those guys than good scrap/hustle guys.He does and you are correct those should be our top priorities, a real pg (arroyo), and as for the big not sure where to find one, we may already have one though. I say a big who is defensive minded but not as much as a offensive liability than camby.

IversonIsKrazy
07-03-2008, 03:51 PM
trade him off along w/ kleiza 4 artest!

Crunchy12489
07-03-2008, 03:58 PM
trade him off along w/ kleiza 4 artest!

No!

Artest is cancer!

Kleiza is a prospect!

Atleast make a more valuable trade offer than ARTEST

He's like a troublesome *** hole attitude having Shawn Marion.

DJiC
07-04-2008, 12:46 AM
crunchy whats with you and the miami heat? :p marion is way expensive and would require atleast 3-4 players in order to just get him alone artest would take 1-2 seriously why give up 3-4 when you can give up 1-2.......and artest has been rather quite since he left indy....and last i checked most nba players have ******* attitudes

denversgm
07-04-2008, 12:50 AM
No!

Artest is cancer!

Kleiza is a prospect!

Atleast make a more valuable trade offer than ARTEST

He's like a troublesome *** hole attitude having Shawn Marion.

for somebody talking about artest is a cancer, dont u realize the guy u like so much (AI) has been called a cancer before, however u are all up on him why is that?

denversgm
07-04-2008, 12:54 AM
also if u want marion atleast make a trade offer dont jsut throw peoples name up, Artest would be reasonable to get who do u think miami would want to take from us that would be 17mil in contracts?

mexceltic
07-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Najera brings the energy at the 3-4 spot such as Posey does in the 2-3 spot. every team need a guy who comes from the bench and hustles and play defense and do all other intangibles for the team...

Pay the man!! or someone else would and next summer u will be asking for a defense stopper cause u will have an all offense team.... wich u r already

DJiC
07-04-2008, 04:05 PM
um najera doesnt play defense, he cant shoot 3's like posey....and most likely the only other team that wants him is mavs....

Crunchy12489
07-04-2008, 04:27 PM
um najera doesnt play defense, he cant shoot 3's like posey....and most likely the only other team that wants him is mavs....

He does play defense. I don't know what you're talking about. You obviously didn't see him block the hell out of Shaq and Kobe this season.

You're right he can't shoot threes like posey, but he can shoot threes. I mean he shoots better 3pt percentage than AI and Melo.

DJiC
07-04-2008, 04:30 PM
if ai and melo took as many 3's as najera im sure they would have a better 3pt % than him....blocking shaq not in his prime isnt exactly a big thing...thought i wil give him credit....from the games ive seen najera has basically screwed us of several wins

DenButsu
07-04-2008, 08:11 PM
if ai and melo took as many 3's as najera im sure they would have a better 3pt % than him....blocking shaq not in his prime isnt exactly a big thing...thought i wil give him credit....from the games ive seen najera has basically screwed us of several wins

3 point attempts this season:

Najera 147
Melo 164
AI 275

And generally speaking, the more 3 attempts players put up, the more their percentage drops, because it's so hard to pour them in consistently.

denversgm
07-05-2008, 01:38 AM
He does play defense. I don't know what you're talking about. You obviously didn't see him block the hell out of Shaq and Kobe this season.

You're right he can't shoot threes like posey, but he can shoot threes. I mean he shoots better 3pt percentage than AI and Melo.

wow he blocked kobe and shaq he then has to be a defensive player huh, i have seen earl boykins block does that mean he should be considered for defensive player of the year?

Crunchy12489
07-05-2008, 03:14 AM
wow he blocked kobe and shaq he then has to be a defensive player huh, i have seen earl boykins block does that mean he should be considered for defensive player of the year?

He doesn't want a defensive player of the year... He just wants recognition... So he can shake off haters like you who don't see that he hustles... You are blind!

Just because someone plays defense they are the DPOY.

You are just a Eddie Najera and Iverson hater.

denversgm
07-05-2008, 04:31 PM
He doesn't want a defensive player of the year... He just wants recognition... So he can shake off haters like you who don't see that he hustles... You are blind!

Just because someone plays defense they are the DPOY.

You are just a Eddie Najera and Iverson hater.

i have never once said he did not hustle i would have ot be blind not to see that. im just saying u cant call somebody a defensive player because he blocked shaq once.

U want to know what najera is, he is ryan bowen just an upgrade