PDA

View Full Version : Packers Fans' Opinion-Favre related

newdude
07-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Sorry for another Favre related thread:D, but looking throughout the Packers forum, I've seen alot of opinions relating to Favre's "un-retiring" issue. This whole situation might be blown out of proportion , but I just wanted to see how many Packers fans wanted him back and how many doesn't.

Let's not start another war of the words, just plz vote and say whether u want him back or not.

Sry, but don't vote if ur not a Packers fan.

So do u want him to unretire and be the QB again?

duncky1188
07-03-2008, 10:53 AM
As much as I loved Favre when he was here it is time to move on.

darkhorse27
07-03-2008, 11:03 AM
^ I disagree Farve was a Pro Bowl QB last year and we have a QB right know who hasn't started a NFL game, I'd rather have the best player play now and move on when he can't perform at the higher level then Rodgers.

ccugrad1
07-03-2008, 11:07 AM
^ I disagree Farve was a Pro Bowl QB last year and we have a QB right know who hasn't started a NFL game, I'd rather have the best player play now and move on when he can't perform at the higher level then Rodgers.

But here is the thing darkhorse: When do the Packers say enough is enough? Every year, at least recently, Favre has hinted at retirement only to change his mind at the last minute. Favre is not going to play forever and eventually, the Packers need to find out if Rodgers and/or Brohm is the answer and if not, make other plans to find somebody.

socalpkrbkr
07-03-2008, 11:18 AM
But here is the thing darkhorse: When do the Packers say enough is enough? Every year, at least recently, Favre has hinted at retirement only to change his mind at the last minute. Favre is not going to play forever and eventually, the Packers need to find out if Rodgers and/or Brohm is the answer and if not, make other plans to find somebody.

His decision to play has never been made "last minute" as you say. Its common sense to anyone with a brain that the great #4 will not play forever. I could careless to find out if Rodgers or Brohm is the "answer" before the great #4 is 100% done. I'm in the "I want to win now boat." That's not to say that we wont with Rodgers but I would be willing to put money on the idea of, with Favre returning for another season we would have a better chance at a Super Bowl.

favre_4life
07-03-2008, 11:36 AM
As much as i love Brett "God" Favre, it's time to move.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Its time to move on. Favre still has enough to get us to the playoffs and maybe a SB win. But theres those games where he looks bored and rushes some games and throws a few bombs here and there and gets picked off. Then pretty much gives the game away. I think Rodgers waited long enough.

Packer92
07-03-2008, 12:09 PM
He said when he retired he could not give the kind of effort that he did last year. Rodgers will give everything to prove he can play. I love Farve but I think this would create a problem in the locker room.

servais77
07-03-2008, 02:16 PM
I can't believe people want him to move on....Embarrassing. Ride it as long as possible. Rodgers/Brohm can wait another year.

hughest4
07-03-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm still not sure how i feel about this whole situation and i kind of have mixed feelings. He is still a great QB, so much fun to watch, and led us to the NFC Championship Game. At the same time i have told myself that A-Rod is our QB and i don't think its fair for Favre to just take over again

socalpkrbkr
07-03-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm still not sure how i feel about this whole situation and i kind of have mixed feelings. He is still a great QB, so much fun to watch, and led us to the NFC Championship Game. At the same time i have told myself that A-Rod is our QB and i don't think its fair for Favre to just take over again

It might not be fair to AR but so what. This is a business. The main goal is to win a Super Bowl not to make people happy. If the front office bases their decision on letting Brett return from a 4 month retirement to play v.s. hurting Aaron's feelings they should all be fired. No one will dispute who gives our team the best chance to win a Super Bowl in the 08/09 campaign. I really don't think it's going to happen but I sure as hell hope that the front office doesn't get in the way of it possibly happening.

LegendsNeverDie
07-03-2008, 04:28 PM
I was getting comfortable with the Rodgers era starting. But if Favre wants to come back let him he's a proven veteran. Rodgers we're still unsure about. Favre gives us the best chance of winning and even a chance at winning the super bowl now. So people who want the Rodgers era to begin I understand. but think of it like a business bc thats what the NFL is. the ultimate goal is superbowl which brings in more money for the packers even if they fall short and have a good season winning brings in money look at last years profits i remeber that being a big story for a day. Favre gives us the best shot at winning. Which we the fans should be stoked about because we root for them to win. So yes it sucks for rodgers but I see that part as business.
Come back Brett

If he doesn't though we all need to fully support Rodgers because he has the hardest job to fill in years

servais77
07-03-2008, 04:39 PM
I was getting comfortable with the Rodgers era starting. But if Favre wants to come back let him he's a proven veteran. Rodgers we're still unsure about. Favre gives us the best chance of winning and even a chance at winning the super bowl now. So people who want the Rodgers era to begin I understand. but think of it like a business bc thats what the NFL is. the ultimate goal is superbowl which brings in more money for the packers even if they fall short and have a good season winning brings in money look at last years profits i remeber that being a big story for a day. Favre gives us the best shot at winning. Which we the fans should be stoked about because we root for them to win. So yes it sucks for rodgers but I see that part as business.
Come back Brett

If he doesn't though we all need to fully support Rodgers because he has the hardest job to fill in years

Couldn't agree more.

Rtardz
07-03-2008, 04:41 PM
I support him coming back. we all were hoping he would come back before he said he retired and now all of sudden you think its a bad idea for him to come back? why? Can he still play? is he still in good shape? does he give us the best shot at winning the sb? obviously any smart person would answer yes to those questions, so whats the problem? Rodgers and Brohm are very young and can wait one more year. We all have enjoyed watching Favre play whether we were up and down and we dont have much of him left so why not let him come back and enjoy some more of him before he cant play anymore?

Rtardz
07-03-2008, 04:42 PM
and like socal said. its a business thing, not a oh we better not hurt his feelings thing. The main objective is to win not worry about feelings. and we all know Brett gives us the best shot right now.

Ryan Diesel
07-03-2008, 05:01 PM
It's pretty sad how many "Packer fans" would not want to see Favre come back. The team has been pushing him out for years, dude still wants to play. He retired because the team didn't want him back and he didn't want to play for another team. It's starting to look like he really still wants to play, and for the Packers, but if we tell him we don't want him, he just might think about playing for someone else. And that would be the worst possible scenario I can imagine. Rodgers is going to have his up's and down before he's a Pro Bowl caliber QB. Favre is an MVP caliber QB right now, and the window closes quick in the NFL. We gotta strike the iron while it's hot and make another run while we've got the players to do it.

iam brett favre
07-03-2008, 05:02 PM
I want him back!!

Rtardz
07-03-2008, 05:10 PM
yea if they release him and he goes to the vikings or bears talk about making the Packers look like a joke. especially if he wipes the floor with us. releasing him or trading him is a bad idea. The man has earned a right with his play through his long career, he has played through the worst pain for us, losing his father, breaking his thumb, concussions, and now it is sad to see some fans turn their back on him. He was loyal to us why cant we be loyal back?

Rtardz
07-03-2008, 05:13 PM
plus can favre be retired if he never filed his paperwork yet?

Ryan Diesel
07-03-2008, 05:22 PM
I'd like to ask this question instead.

Would you rather start the season with 3 QB's that have never started an NFL game. About 6 or 7 quarters of NFL experience altogether.

Or

With the guy who has started almost 300 games including playoffs. A guy who has won 3 MVP's, and almost had the best year of his career last year.

Rtardz
07-03-2008, 05:46 PM
id take the later

SamG187
07-03-2008, 06:06 PM
There I had to place my vote and even it out..Jesus u dont want Favre back? you must be crazy, if it wasnt for a record breaking season by Brady, Favre is MVP last year

jwdaly07
07-03-2008, 06:14 PM
So I guess by some people's logic on this board since it's 50/50 in this poll, half the Packer fans on here are not true fans.

jwdaly07
07-03-2008, 06:17 PM
I'd like to ask this question instead.

Would you rather start the season with 3 QB's that have never started an NFL game. About 6 or 7 quarters of NFL experience altogether.

Or

With the guy who has started almost 300 games including playoffs. A guy who has won 3 MVP's, and almost had the best year of his career last year.

Well let's see, he hasn't won an MVP since 1997, so that's irrelevant. Has been a subpar playoff QB for the last decade. So yeah, I will take the first one, because the only way our next QB is gonna get experience is if HE'S PLAYING and not sitting behind Brett Favre.

Sooner or later you'll have to deal with the harsh reality that Favre can't play forever, and stop accusing people who don't want him back of not being Packer fans (which you did earlier on this page).

Soop
07-03-2008, 06:19 PM
So I guess by some people's logic on this board since it's 50/50 in this poll, half the Packer fans on here are not true fans.

Why are they not real fans? It's a pretty hard decision to make for you guys.

iam brett favre
07-03-2008, 06:20 PM
You guys are ridiculos. Why wouldnt you want Favre? IM SO SICK OF HEARING ABOUT AARON RODGERS. HE HAS DONE NOTHING IN THE NFL. NOTHING. You can talk about future, but if we can make it to a SB this year, why wouldn't you want to?

iam brett favre
07-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Honestly, I truly dont think jwaldy is a Packers fan. Not at all. All he's done is tear apart Favre.

Soop
07-03-2008, 06:23 PM
I will take the first one, because the only way our next QB is gonna get experience is if HE'S PLAYING and not sitting behind Brett Favre.

It's also important since Rodgers is in his last year of the contract.

jwdaly07
07-03-2008, 06:25 PM
It's also important since Rodgers is in his last year of the contract.

Second to last.

jwdaly07
07-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Honestly, I truly dont think jwaldy is a Packers fan. Not at all. All he's done is tear apart Favre.

Honestly, I truly don't give a **** what you think. I'm a Packers fan, you just can't handle that not all Packer fans are head over heels in love with Brett Favre like you are.

You're another guy who doesn't understand that Brett Favre is not bigger than the Packers. He's one player, great as he may be, and the only way we're ever gonna find a successor is if you let them play.

Soop
07-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Second to last.

Looks like that post got you one off from being the anti-christ.

iam brett favre
07-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Honestly, I truly don't give a **** what you think. I'm a Packers fan, you just can't handle that not all Packer fans are head over heels in love with Brett Favre like you are.

You're another guy who doesn't understand that Brett Favre is not bigger than the Packers. He's one player, great as he may be, and the only way we're ever gonna find a successor is if you let them play.

But the reason the Packers are big is becasue of Favre. the reason they made it to the championship game last year is becasue of favre. with rodgers this year, we'd be lucky to make it to the playoffs. im not saying if rodgers is playing i'd want to him to do bad, but what im saying is that if favre wants to come back, there's no way we can let him walk. its as simple as that.

jwdaly07
07-03-2008, 06:41 PM
But the reason the Packers are big is becasue of Favre. the reason they made it to the championship game last year is becasue of favre. with rodgers this year, we'd be lucky to make it to the playoffs. im not saying if rodgers is playing i'd want to him to do bad, but what im saying is that if favre wants to come back, there's no way we can let him walk. its as simple as that.
The Packers were big long before Favre got here. The fans were loyal before he was playing.

And you have no idea what we can do with Rodgers. The only way to find out is let him play and sooner or later someone else will have to play. Favre made his decision, let him stick with it.

He turned it around, no doubt about that. But that doesn't make him bigger than the team.

Ryan Diesel
07-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Sooner or later Peyton Manning and Brady are going to retire, your logic is just plain ignorant. Your out of your mind if you think they should start forcing either of those guys out the door.

hughest4
07-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Just because i'm undecided on this whole Favre issue, i don't think it makes me any less of a Packers fan. I realize he is our best chance to win...but i don't like how my head is being messed with. I was finally happy with A-Rod as our QB and finally backing him, and now Favre wants to come back again. I actually like him retiring after having an amazing year and nearly making it to the Super Bowl. What if by some chance he gets hurt? or everyone else gets hurt and we have a terrible season? or if it divides the locker room like it probably will? I would hate to remember the guys last season as being hurt, as a loser, or being a locker room problem

Rtardz
07-03-2008, 07:22 PM
I`m all for seeing what Rodgers can do, but I`m not ignorant where I`m gonna turn my back to a QB who is still in the top tier of QBs in the league and has been loyal and played his heart for us for as many years as he has. I want a superbowl now and he gives us the best chance to do so. If we had a 4-12 season again I would maybe lean the other way, but no we were sniffing Arizona so I say why not.

Rtardz
07-03-2008, 07:27 PM
anybody see this??

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/03/cooks-privately-says-favre-wants-to-be-a-panther/

servais77
07-03-2008, 08:18 PM

You can still find that successor next year. Plus by next year we will have two good options with Brohm sitting for a year as well. Having 3 rookie quarterbacks this year sounds like a waste of the talent that we have accumalated on the rest of this roster.

Ryan Diesel
07-04-2008, 01:35 AM
You can still find that successor next year. Plus by next year we will have two good options with Brohm sitting for a year as well. Having 3 rookie quarterbacks this year sounds like a waste of the talent that we have accumalated on the rest of this roster.

That is what I'm screamin.

iam brett favre
07-04-2008, 02:01 AM
How am I not a real Packer fan becasue I want Favre to come back? I really dont get you jwaldy

socalpkrbkr
07-04-2008, 02:08 AM
I really dont get you jwaldy

I think you meant jwdaly07
Don't even try you would be wasting your time.:badidea:

Soop
07-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Just because i'm undecided on this whole Favre issue, i don't think it makes me any less of a Packers fan.

This is what I'm probably going to go through. Alot of my fellow Bear fans don't want Favre to wear a Bears uni, but I think he gives us the best chance to win now.

Chitown packfan
07-04-2008, 12:13 PM
I can't believe people want him to move on....Embarrassing. Ride it as long as possible. Rodgers/Brohm can wait another year.

Rodgers contract is up next year so you're saying that we should pay first round money to a guy and not give him a shot at the reigns? Sounds silly to me.

masseycubs
07-04-2008, 01:04 PM
It is time to play Rodgers. The Packers have a young team. All of this youth needs to start to gel. If Rodgers is a decent QB the Packers will be good. They are young and above average at every position and will only get better. Favre shouldn't have rushed to retire. The Packers shouldn't release him, but trade him to for draft pick(s) if he really does want to return.

Ryan Diesel
07-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Rodgers was like the 20 sumthin pick. He never got that big first round money anyway.

AFlagRules
07-04-2008, 11:27 PM
I say no. Its time to move on.

If Favre comes back and plays for another team, i will cease to be a Favre fan and his 17 years here will have meant very little to me. If the Packers WON'T take him back, and he plays for someone else, i guess thats our fault. But if he chooses to play for another, bah screw him.

newdude
07-04-2008, 11:56 PM
I say no. Its time to move on.

If Favre comes back and plays for another team, i will cease to be a Favre fan and his 17 years here will have meant very little to me.

Kinda harsh don't ya think? The man sacrifice his body for close to 17 seasons to try to bring the championship to us Packers fans and u can turn ur back on him like that?

If the Packers WON'T take him back, and he plays for someone else, i guess thats our fault.

Well that's the only thing right now IF Favre wants to come back. GB holds the rights to obtain Favre, so its then up to TT and not Favre's fault if he ends up on another team.

But if he chooses to play for another, bah screw him.

So far there's been 33 votes (hopefully only Packers fan) and 19 nay and 14 yay. I thought there were more Packer fans on this forum to vote.

beast
07-05-2008, 12:11 AM
Like most Packers fans, I like/love Favre, but I'm down right sick of all the drama, and the guessing and non-facts, and not knowing what's true.

If Favre wants to come back, let's go with it, if Favre doesn't want to come, let's go with it. I just want Favre to come out and straight up tell what he wants, to do. If he wants to come back, I want to hear MM and TT makes their statement of what their planing to do.

servais77
07-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Like most Packers fans, I like/love Favre, but I'm down right sick of all the drama, and the guessing and non-facts, and not knowing what's true.

If Favre wants to come back, let's go with it, if Favre doesn't want to come, let's go with it. I just want Favre to come out and straight up tell what he wants, to do. If he wants to come back, I want to hear MM and TT makes their statement of what their planing to do.

Agreed...Everyone needs to step up and be a man about this.

hughest4
07-06-2008, 02:07 AM
Agreed...Everyone needs to step up and be a man about this.

I agree, but maybe they don't really know what to say at this point. Could this be a case of TT not wanting Favre back and MM wanting him back? If that is the case then there is no way they would have press conferences about their opposite opinions on the situation

beast
07-06-2008, 11:09 AM
I agree, but maybe they don't really know what to say at this point. Could this be a case of TT not wanting Favre back and MM wanting him back? If that is the case then there is no way they would have press conferences about their opposite opinions on the situation

Maybe this is a case, of Favre having an itch, but not wanting to come back, and really there is no story, other than the media making one, by taking things out of contexts, and assuming, that an itch means he want to come back.

Ryan Diesel
07-06-2008, 01:35 PM
I think this whole thing has gotten way out of hand for it to be just an itch. Favre really wants to play, even to the point that he asked for his release. It's been obvious for years TT has been anxious to move on without Favre, if he drives him to another team, it'll be the saddest day in Packer history. I'm even embarassed to be a Packer fan right now to see this many fans turn their back on the guy that gave his entire life for our entertainment. A guy who's done more for the Packers than anyone since the 60's and maybe ever. To slowly drive him out, and to slam the door in his face when he wants to come back, and drive him into the arms of another team, possible in our division. It's just something I never thought the Packers would do, I know all other teams do it, I thought we were above that. Thought the Packers had more loyalty to their players. Hell I thought the fans had a bit more loyalty. I sure hope Aaron Rodgers is F'n great, because if he's not, and we let Favre walk, we're guilty of one of the worst sports travesties of all time.

Ryan Diesel
07-06-2008, 01:46 PM
It is time to play Rodgers. The Packers have a young team. All of this youth needs to start to gel. If Rodgers is a decent QB the Packers will be good. They are young and above average at every position and will only get better. Favre shouldn't have rushed to retire. The Packers shouldn't release him, but trade him to for draft pick(s) if he really does want to return.

But if he isn't any good or gets hurt and Favre is playing for someone else, it's the worst possible plan ever. That my friend is a move that the Bears would make, and thats why they haven't had a QB in over 20 years. If we start listening to Bear fans and releasing or trading Favre, we'll be in their shoes with no one to blame but ourselves.

beast
07-06-2008, 01:52 PM
I think this whole thing has gotten way out of hand for it to be just an itch. Favre really wants to play, even to the point that he asked for his release.

That's is the part of the story the media, is trying to sell.

Has Favre done anything other than say, "It's all rumor." and "No reason for it."?

Your right "it" is out of hand. That "it" is the media. Again I'll take Favre's words on Favre, over the media words on Favre.

Ryan Diesel
07-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah but this isn't just a rumor. It's dominated Sports Center for three or four days now. There's some truth going on in all this BS. You just have to read between the lines, it's amazing how people can't do that. They either believe everything they read or nothing. You have to see through the smoke screens and be able to tell whats BS. Bottom line is, obviously Favre still wants to play and it appears that the team doesn't want him back. Breaks my heart.

beast
07-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Yeah but this isn't just a rumor.

Then where are the facts? They just guessing and saying what if.

It's dominated Sports Center for three or four days now.

So you think every thing Sports Center say is always right?

There's some truth going on in all this BS. You just have to read between the lines

Yeah, and reading between the lines is also how a lot of people can things wrong.

They either believe everything they read or nothing. You have to see through the smoke screens and be able to tell whats BS.

Yeah, but how can you see though the smoke other than following the fact? And you can't follow the facts because they don't add up, to what their saying.

Bottom line is, obviously Favre still wants to play and it appears that the team doesn't want him back. Breaks my heart.

That's not obviously at all. Favre still wants to play?

1) he retired
2) he said "It's all rumor." and "No reason for it."

The only thing I've gotten from this, is that Favre doesn't like how TT ran things, and that maybe he thinks he was unwanted.

But just because Favre thinks it doesn't mean it's true.

SoCalPacker2
07-06-2008, 03:29 PM
ESPN is just trying to get the most out of a story based off rumors. Thats ****in TMZ... i mean ESPN. 20% highlights, 80% BS. I thought that how Favre drama was sooooo contrived from day 1. They just so happened to have Al Harris on the show right when they had BREAKING NEWS: FAVRE COMING BACK? And Al Harris just so happened to tell them that Favre has the itch. You know ESPN have been trying to break this story for more than a few days but waited for Al Harris to be on NFL Live.

Right now, EVERYTHING is speculation. So until i hear some facts or substantial evidence, I'll take Favre's word for it.

And for the record, I am completely content with the way Favre went out and think he should stay retired. If he comes back, for Favre, anything less than Superbowl would be a failure for him. I remember Favre talking about how much pressure that he was putting on himself every week getting ready for the game and how hard it was. If he comes back, that pressure will be 100 times worse.