PDA

View Full Version : We need a shortstop

True LA FAN
07-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Im starting to get pretty pissed off cuz Furcal is gone and we need a good shortstop that can HIT and get on base like furcal does...whos on the block

mawp
07-03-2008, 12:10 AM
Why not just hold your water for a few more weeks until he's off the DL?

nme
07-03-2008, 12:11 AM
^^He's having surgery tomorrow. He'll be out 8 more weeks.

And that was post number 1,000. I wish it had been better.

KmB728
07-03-2008, 12:14 AM
Ill trade you lugo for a bag of bats?? lol possibly a few hats to? idk

Cadarn
07-03-2008, 12:15 AM

how about a pic of alyssa milano?

4everblue
07-03-2008, 12:25 AM

been there, done that... do you have another Hanley on your farm system???

dave
07-03-2008, 12:31 AM
Morlina 295 10 homers. The brain boys say martin can play short...so let him prove it. Or trade for wilson the pitt short stop!

butterfingers37
07-03-2008, 12:44 AM
Morlina 295 10 homers. The brain boys say martin can play short...so let him prove it. Or trade for wilson the pitt short stop!

Isn't Jack Wilson making $6.5 million this season and then scheduled to make $7.25 million in '09? Hmm, we would have a SS insurance plan in place and he's a local boy too.

c2thab
07-03-2008, 12:50 AM
We should go after Peralta if hes on the block....He's would be a good replacement and he's been playing well lately

GHGHCP
07-03-2008, 01:09 AM
For the time being we all just need to hope Nomar doesn't fall apart... again.

http://www.dodgerblues.com/images/nomar-anim.gif

cdub
07-03-2008, 01:14 AM
how about a pic of alyssa milano?

ok.

In_Ned_I_Trust
07-03-2008, 01:20 AM
Any chance of getting Ellis out of Oakland?

MR DODGER
07-03-2008, 04:17 AM
How bout Juan Uribe from the Chi Sox, I hear he may be on the block, could come cheap with high reward. Or give de jesus a look from AA see what he can do.

NomarsOnlyHR
07-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Unfortunately they need someone who can actually get on base and hit. That rules out Hu and Maza for the most part, probably DeJesus as well. Nomar is no solution- he can't really hit or play defense. I'd have no problem with Wilson coming in.

USCTROJANS21
07-03-2008, 11:47 AM
For the time being we all just need to hope Nomar doesn't fall apart... again.

http://www.dodgerblues.com/images/nomar-anim.gif

I agree. I think we should see how nomar performs...he should be back this weekend. IMO there is no one out there that is THAT much better than Maza/Berroa. Unless we want to try and get O.Cabrera? Or Renteria? If we go with Wilson...Bay MUST come with him to make that anywhere worth it.

dave
07-03-2008, 11:50 AM
to share short stop with nomar! Dejesus is hitting 305 with a 420 obp. No power, no base stealer, good steady defence. If the plan is to play nomar at short. perhaps if we keep his plaing time down we can keep him together with spit and wire. Dejesus has also been playing second base, so he could come in late for kent.

Perhaps Nomar should not start more than three days in a row, then let dejesus play the next two games. Or nomar plays two in a row and dejesus plays every third day.

Still think trading for wilson and bay from the pirates and beltre from the mariners would not only give us the west, but might actually worry some team in the play offs.

USCTROJANS21
07-03-2008, 12:00 PM
to share short stop with nomar! Dejesus is hitting 305 with a 420 obp. No power, no base stealer, good steady defence. If the plan is to play nomar at short. perhaps if we keep his plaing time down we can keep him together with spit and wire. Dejesus has also been playing second base, so he could come in late for kent.

Perhaps Nomar should not start more than three days in a row, then let dejesus play the next two games. Or nomar plays two in a row and dejesus plays every third day.

Still think trading for wilson and bay from the pirates and beltre from the mariners would not only give us the west, but might actually worry some team in the play offs.

AGREED. And that's what we had early in the season, teams feared us...no one fears us anymore. If we get a hit for avg SS..then we need Bay..and i would mind seeing Beltre at 3rd again. Then if Jones could start hitting some blasts.....teams would not just be worried....they'd TREMBLE

c2thab
07-03-2008, 12:27 PM
If we trade for Beltre we should try to pry Bedard away from them as well. The Mariners are shopping Bedard and I wouldnt mind seeing us go after him. But I think it all depends how our SS by committee does to decide whether we need a SS or 3B. I think if we offer a package of LaRoche, Hu, Young/Ethier and a couple pitching prospects not named Kershaw or McDonald that might get them to bite.

LA_Raiders
07-03-2008, 12:34 PM

Agree...

Tapptout
07-03-2008, 02:55 PM
I think we could get Christian Guzman hes hitting 315 and has a couple jacks already. Than i agree go after Bay and Beltre and try to land at least one of them.
Bay= Ethier and L. May?
Beltre= J. Bell/Dewitt/LaRoche and D. Young and Meloan?

AZDodgersFan
07-04-2008, 01:24 AM
I think Jack Wilson is the best candidate for the Dodgers to go after and has experience in the leadoff position with a .315 average this season, and get either Bay or Nady. I like Nady numbers this year, his road/home splits are an amazing .323 for both and he has extra base power and won't kill you with a low OBP. Bay would be fine also, just doesn't hit against the west coast teams like Nady does. IE Bay @ Dodgers Stadium .167; Nady @ Dodgers Stadium .400.

The only other two who would be available for trade right now IMO is Eckstein in Toronto, and Christian Guzman in Washington.

But how much of the future do you give up right now to get a shortstop?