PDA

View Full Version : Will the Boston Celtics repeat as champions in 2008-2009?

managainstboys
07-03-2008, 12:05 AM
I think they are good, but will they win it all again?

lakers4sho
07-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Depends. If the teams on the rise (Bucks, Raptors, etc) get their act together quickly, I think the Celtics will have more competition in the East. If they do reach the Finals again, I think they have a good shot of winning it again.

Dirty Dirk41
07-03-2008, 12:09 AM
okay....HUUUUUGE Celtics fan so maybe i answering this a little bias but oh well.

The Celtics Big 3 wont change...There going to do what they did last year and there whole careers and be superstar athletes putting up numbers.You would have to assume Rondo and Perk will only be better with the experience. And the same goes for Powe and Big Baby.Posey leaving is crucial but we can overcome that. i believe Giddens and Walker will contribute this year and be productive. I hope we can sign posey or maggette to be the 6th man but the way we play defense(best in the lg) and with the offense we got you have to admit its CLEARLY possible. If they stay healthy i can see them repeating.

kazzy4080
07-03-2008, 12:30 AM
i think u gotta wait till free agency is over and we see what the teams will be like

Corey
07-03-2008, 12:59 AM
They definitely have a chance if healthy...But so do a ton of other teams right now.

Apophis
07-03-2008, 01:48 AM
No.. because the Knicks will stop them.. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, they have a good chance , it all depends on the moves made by the other teams in the league.. I think it will be alot harder for them to do so.. I think the Lakers/Celts series would had gone the other way if the Lakers had their full squad...

prash
07-03-2008, 02:08 AM
voted no but they are by far the favorite to win it next year

DreamShaker
07-03-2008, 02:09 AM
I don't think any team has a better chance than they do....but the Lakers, Spurs, Hornets, and Jazz all have a good shot as well....and who knows who is gonna be nabbed in free agency?? What if Brand randomly decided to sign with a team like the Cavs?? What if a superstar demands a trade and lands with a team like the Rockets or Suns?? You just never know....but I would have to put them down as the faves at the moments....

ARMIN12NBA
07-03-2008, 03:06 AM
Seriously though, they have a good chance , it all depends on the moves made by the other teams in the league.. I think it will be alot harder for them to do so.. I think the Lakers/Celts series would had gone the other way if the Lakers had their full squad...

I agree, other teams can make moves to get better and the Lakers don't even have to make a move to become better. They are getting Bynum back and plus, 4 or 5 of their players were nagging with injuries. If they are healthy, I think they are the best team and favorites to win next year. Also the Celtics will be a year older and PJ Brown isn't coming back and he was huge for them, James Posey is actually probably going to the Lakers, and they may lose guys like Cassell, Allen, and House in free agency among others.

AMC31
07-03-2008, 03:45 AM
No, but they have a really good chance if they get all their players back, but srry if im bias but the Cavs r goona win it :D

JordansBulls
07-03-2008, 07:54 AM
If they get homecourt again they will.

SwaggaIke
07-03-2008, 10:04 AM
The Celtics won't get back to the finals next year.

_Sn1P3r_
07-03-2008, 10:23 AM
It depends on the moves the East makes and even the West.

Dirty Dirk41
07-03-2008, 10:36 AM
If they get homecourt again they will.

Thats the key...They will Not lose a series if they have homecourt, and i truly believe that...So there going to FIGHT HARD all season to lock up homecourt.. This is title town muhtha Fers of course Celtics r winning

futureman
07-03-2008, 10:40 AM
If they get posey to re-sign with them again They will do it. Doesn't matter if those damn spurs get magette or not.

JordansBulls
07-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Thats the key...They will Not lose a series if they have homecourt, and i truly believe that...So there going to FIGHT HARD all season to lock up homecourt.. This is title town muhtha Fers of course Celtics r winning

I think the Celtics will get between 58-62 wins next year. The question is, will anyone get more wins then them?

If the Celtics have homecourt in the east, they will be in the finals, but will they have the homecourt over the west is the bigger question?

sanfranfan1210
07-03-2008, 09:15 PM
No

managainstboys
07-04-2008, 12:11 AM
I think the Celtics will get between 58-62 wins next year. The question is, will anyone get more wins then them?

If the Celtics have homecourt in the east, they will be in the finals, but will they have the homecourt over the west is the bigger question?

You are making this **** up now.

ManRam
07-04-2008, 12:45 AM
No. But they are probably the odds-on favorite. However, picking any one team definitively is crazy, unless you're talking about Jordan's Bulls. Too many things can go wrong for the Celtics, and too many things can go right for other teams.

Dalionking
07-04-2008, 12:50 AM
I think they are good, but will they win it all again?

i doubt they will have the drive and another year on them sure doesnt help with PJ brown gone.

rico
07-04-2008, 03:37 AM
they wont. they will be dry for another decade or so.

Buckwheat
07-04-2008, 03:40 AM
I hope not.. The Cavs gave them a run for their money, and I hope they can add one more good player to be able to stop "The Big Three". They got their title, and will now go through a stage where they just have some older guys with high contract prices.

Afridi786
07-04-2008, 03:46 AM
Nah, their best chance was last year and they cashed in. They will be mediocre again in 2 years.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-04-2008, 08:43 AM
well its looks really good right now for the Celtics.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/07/04/rivers_gives_maggette_call/?page=1

Maggette to Boston would give us a great replacement for Posey.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-04-2008, 08:55 AM
There's to many teams that are improving that I could see give the Celtics some trouble.. (Raptors, Magic, etc.)

I said no, because they probably won't have some of there bench guys such as Posey, House, etc.

Repeating is one of the hardest thing to do in sports, and one injury to the big 3 and it could all come down..

marlinsfan24
07-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Naw, they have a good chance, but I really don't see it happening with the way the East is starting to grow now.

obrpunk
07-04-2008, 03:18 PM
barring a ray allen injury this season, i don't see why they won't from a talent point of view. No one in the east is going to be better, no disrespect to orlando, lebron, etc. but cmon...and the west has some great teams, but bynum wouldn't have been the difference maker in last season's finals and i don't think he'll put LA over the top this year. i like NO, paul, peja and co. are a team on the rise and all, but i feel they need another piece or two to be champs. but another question is, will boston's big 3 have the hunger to repeat? we'll see...

Knicks845
07-04-2008, 03:31 PM
No.. because the Knicks will stop them.. :rolleyes:

Thats what i was thing ^.

lol but on the real, i think if they get posey back, and dont lose anybody to serious injury's theirs a decent chance they can repeat...:speechless:

kobe2008mvp
07-04-2008, 03:47 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5714471#post5714471
voted no but they are by far the favorite to win it next year.

prash they are the favorites to win the chip next year its the lakers the have a 2-1 shot while the celtics have a 4-1 shot at winning it. so the lakers are favored but not by far.

Arenaslover
07-04-2008, 10:44 PM
No the Wizards will win it.

arlubas
07-05-2008, 02:54 AM
There are two keys for Boston this upcoming season: One, all their big three continue to play as big three and don't start dropping off because of age and two, bring back a roster that features some solid veteran role players like Posey, Brown and Cassell were for them this past season. And as weird as it may sound I feel both of them are equally important for them to have success cause guys like Posey were huge for them on their road to the title.

Packersfan
07-05-2008, 03:00 AM
NO lakers are taking it.