PDA

View Full Version : Furcal to get surgery -- miss 8 weeks

Shawh
07-02-2008, 11:36 PM

THINKBLUE15
07-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Sad, but has to be done. At leat they will be fully fixing the problem, and we can get him for the final run. Hopefuly Andruw, Nomar Kent can lead the way for a while. I'm rooting for Jones now more than ever.

N.Z's #1 Dodger
07-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Should have got this **** done from week one, and we could be anticipating his return after the ASB>

darth550
07-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Should have got this **** done from week one, and we could be anticipating his return after the ASB>

Yep!

vader
07-02-2008, 11:54 PM
i guess he didn't realize it was gonna be this bad... anyway, i wonder how this will work out after the season... will the dodgers re-sign? how much? will other teams offer more money? i guess we'll have to see how he recovers and helps the last month of the season.

LAdiablo
07-03-2008, 12:02 AM
you never rush back surgery. avoid it at all costs. good luck raffy and get back soon. hopefully this year.

4everblue
07-03-2008, 12:03 AM

Why??? Conte said it was a matter of a week or two... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

UCLADodger
07-03-2008, 12:04 AM
I hope he is that added spark that we need with 20 games left in the season at which time I expect to be a fully tight race....

Wow... where are we going to get offense from?

dave
07-03-2008, 12:28 AM
And no one will be giving him a big contract in the off season. Dogers might offer him 5 mill and loaded heavy with incentives with an option for a second and third season.

4everblue
07-03-2008, 12:31 AM
And no one will be giving him a big contract in the off season. Dogers might offer him 5 mill and loaded heavy with incentives with an option for a second and third season.

I wouldnt be so sure about no one giving him a big contract. There's always a crazy GM willing to risk $12M

c2thab
07-03-2008, 12:52 AM

Yep Yep Yep.....Conte is still a Gnat at heart! :mad:

xray500
07-03-2008, 12:52 AM
I wouldnt be so sure about no one giving him a big contract. There's always a crazy GM willing to risk $12M

Yeah, his name is Ned!

grizz8884
07-03-2008, 12:53 AM
****ing Conte, cancel that piece of **** already!

c2thab
07-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Conte+Colletti= High payroll on DL

dodgers07champs
07-03-2008, 01:04 AM
Out for 8 weeks? More like the whole year..we won't see Raffy in Blue the rest of the season..face the music.

c2thab
07-03-2008, 01:35 AM
"He will have a disc in his lower back partially removed in a procedure known as a mirco-discectomy (say that three times quickly). As stated earlier, he will miss at least eight more weeks, putting him on track for a possible return in last August. But frankly, at this point, it's tough to imagine him playing again this year -- not because I don't think he will, but just because it's so far down the road that it's hard to even think about right now. What all of this means, of course, is that Ned Colletti basically HAS to find another everyday SS, and don't think the other GMs around the league don't know that. That means they will have ALL the leverage in any trade talks with the Dodgers, which probably means the club has to give up at least one of its valued prospects -- unless, of course, Ned ultimately decides there isn't another SS out there worth doing that for, and the Dodgers go with a Nomar/Maza/Berroa combo for the rest of the year. Hey, it's working so far. They might be 40-44, but they also appeared on the verge of moving within 1 1/2 of the Snakes after the Brewers took a 4-3 lead in the top of the ninth."

The lastest from Tony Jackson on our growing SS problem!

DogBoy_3_18
07-03-2008, 01:52 AM
Do we start a "we-need-a-SS-thread" now?All kidding aside, this ****ing sucks. **** you Conte. We as PSD brethren should storm Dodger Stadium and start chants of firing all former gnats in the FO. They want to **** us over! Kent is the only former gnat that actually helps us and that's because he wants to win and that's all he cares about. These bastards like Ned and Conte don't care as long as the Dodgers don't win. I'm sick of this ****.

CalsFinest™
07-03-2008, 03:19 AM
Man, this blows. Especially considering this could very likely be his last season in Dodger Blue.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-03-2008, 03:20 AM
Sorry

NYMetros
07-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Best news iv heard all week! Im not kiding, this is fantastic for the Giants.

How so?

BlueZoo
07-03-2008, 09:46 AM

Absolutely, 100%, ditto +20!
It was all a waste of time, this DL stint for Raffy.
The Dodgers have gone from having the cutting edge, most innovative, leading technology medical department in BB to the 'corner drugstore' in treating and realizing physical problems of their players.

GameOver21
07-03-2008, 09:54 AM

How do you figure? Your team still sucks, and I am looking forward to this weekend and handing you a sweep. :smoking:

dodgernation
07-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Our Season Is Over :(

dodgers07champs
07-03-2008, 11:56 AM

You mean kidding? Your team still ****ing sucks, and will be irrelevant in any playoff race for the rest of the season..call me when you win a title in San Fran..

LA_Raiders
07-03-2008, 12:37 PM

bestlakersfan
07-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Bye-bye Furcal... He will not play again in Dodger Blue and I'm happy because of it because I can't stand players who get injured and lie about it. This surgery/decision could have been made a long time agao and we would have him back for the stretch run in late August/early September.

Let's look at the awesome duo of Conte and Colleti...

Furcal $39 Million. Played a total of 329 games. Roughly $118,500/game played.

Jones $36.2 Million. Can play a max of 283 games if he plays from the next game and doesn't miss another one through the end of his contract. Roughly $128,000/game played, if he plays EVERY SINGLE GAME from here on out.

Schmidt $47 Million. Played in 6 games, and saying he will start a full load from this week and make every start next year (estimating 30 starts) he can possibly play in 50 games in total. Roughly $940,000/game played. This number is obviously higher since pitchers don't play every day.

Garciaparra $18.5 Million. Has played in 130 games and if he started every game left could play 208 games. Roughly $89,000/game played, if he plays EVERY SINGLE GAME from here on out.

I can't wait until all of these scumbags' contracts expire so we can never see them again. I am still holding out hope on Jones, because I really think he was playing through injury from nearly the midway point of last year and so he should return to his form. Anyways, after these contracts expire, I can't wait 'til the C&C ***** factor is fired as well.

For now, let's go out and get a SS or call up DeJesus from AA where he is batting .306/.420 OBP/.381 SLG with 2 HRs 33 RBI and 11 SBs.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-03-2008, 12:45 PM
You mean kidding? Your team still ****ing sucks, and will be irrelevant in any playoff race for the rest of the season..call me when you win a title in San Fran..

Yeah, the dodgers are just so fantastic. Wernt the dodgers suppse to a top team? I'm so happy that has paned out for you guys.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-03-2008, 12:54 PM
How do you figure? Your team still sucks, and I am looking forward to this weekend and handing you a sweep. :smoking:

To be honest I'm a lot more afraid of the dodgers offense with Furcal in it than when's he's not in it.

Sweep??? Hardly. You have face two of three heads of the Giants that is Tim Lincecum, Matt Cain, Jonathan Sanchez.

c2thab
07-03-2008, 01:01 PM
To be honest I'm a lot more afraid of the dodgers offense with Furcal in it than when's he's not in it.

Sweep??? Hardly. You have face two of three heads of the Giants that is Tim Lincecum, Matt Cain, Jonathan Sanchez.

Lincecum is pitching tonight! Do you not keep up with your team? :crazy:

Malone for Pres
07-03-2008, 01:02 PM

Let's see you put your money where your mouth is; up for a lifetime ban bet? Let's say if the Dodgers finish ooohh... 8 games above the gnats in the standings?

I mean, your "three-headed monster" should keep you at least that close, right?

Malone for Pres
07-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Lincecum is pitching tonight! Do you not keep up with your team? :crazy:

He did say two of the three, the two we're facing being Sanchez and Cain. We lucked out though, we managed to miss the only one of the three heads that isn't incredibly overrated.

dodgers07champs
07-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Yeah, the dodgers are just so fantastic. Wernt the dodgers suppse to a top team? I'm so happy that has paned out for you guys.

Almost as fantastic as your ability to spell. If you are going to bash us, at least be ahead of us in the standings. I can't wait to crush you clowns this weekend.

Mr Blue
07-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Should have got this **** done from week one, and we could be anticipating his return after the ASB>Spot on, NZ. I've had 2 discectomies, and the reason there is so much pain is because the disc is no longer separating the vertabra, causing the bones to crunch down on a nerve root. No amount of PT is going to fix that. But once again, Conte's probably been sending him to the Free Clinic, and saving money on MRIs and big-time neuro surgeons. I continue to hammer TJ Simers to do a piece on this, and I hope he will.:mad:

Mr Blue
07-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Out for 8 weeks? More like the whole year..we won't see Raffy in Blue the rest of the season..face the music.Got that right...realistic recovery time is 12 weeks = playoffs aginst Cubs. But when have these guys ever been even close on these estimates? One bonus point for J Gump who says he TOLD Jones to go get it done and get back here productive.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Almost as fantastic as your ability to spell. If you are going to bash us, at least be ahead of us in the standings. I can't wait to crush you clowns this weekend.

See, the dodgers were supose to be a legitmiat playoff contender, the Giants not so much. The dodgers are hardly in front of the Giants. And the dodgers offense has actully been worse than the Giants.
-------- R H 2B 3B HR RBI BA OBP SLG OPS
Giants: 344 756 180 20 55 329 .259 .324 .392 .715
dodgers:343 727 138 16 56 315 .257 .322 .376 .698

The dodgers have the Giants beat in one stat, that being home runs, and thats only by one.

With out Furcal the dodgers offense is a huge joke.

dodgers07champs
07-03-2008, 02:08 PM
See, the dodgers were supose to be a legitmiat playoff contender, the Giants not so much. The dodgers are hardly in front of the Giants. And the dodgers offense has actully been worse than the Giants.
-------- R H 2B 3B HR RBI BA OBP SLG OPS
Giants: 344 756 180 20 55 329 .259 .324 .392 .715
dodgers:343 727 138 16 56 315 .257 .322 .376 .698

The dodgers have the Giants beat in one stat, that being home runs, and thats only by one.

With out Furcal the dodgers offense is a huge joke.

The only stats that matter to be are W-L..say what you want about preseason picks, head to head numbers, etc..but, when we look down in the standings we see the Vagiants. And after this weekend it will remain that way.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-03-2008, 02:14 PM
The only stats that matter to be are W-L..say what you want about preseason picks, head to head numbers, etc..but, when we look down in the standings we see the Vagiants. And after this weekend it will remain that way.

The dodgers are sliping with out Furcal in the lineup, it will only be a mater of time until the Giants look south in the standings and find the dodgers.

xray500
07-03-2008, 02:50 PM

Too funny! I move to make this the official PSD nickname for the Giants! :clap:

Malone for Pres
07-03-2008, 02:53 PM
The dodgers are sliping with out Furcal in the lineup, it will only be a mater of time until the Giants look south in the standings and find the dodgers.

Either take me up on my bet or go back to your sorry *** team's moronic board and stop trolling here.

Like I said, time to put your money where your mouth is... or in this case, your future on the board. And if you're so ****ing confident then why not make it an even "which team ends up on top" bet?

I was willing to give you that 8 games but you're still running off your mouth saying you'll be ahead of us. Let's see it, man up and take the bet. I would love not to have you around anymore.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Either take me up on my bet or go back to your sorry *** team's moronic board and stop trolling here.

Like I said, time to put your money where your mouth is... or in this case, your future on the board. And if you're so ****ing confident then why not make it an even "which team ends up on top" bet?

I was willing to give you that 8 games but you're still running off your mouth saying you'll be ahead of us. Let's see it, man up and take the bet. I would love not to have you around anymore.

Heres the thing, people still think the Giants have no chance in the West, they dont think the same with the dodgers. So why would I take a bet were im taking the bigger risk.

Malone for Pres
07-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Heres the thing, people still think the Giants have no chance in the West, they dont think the same with the dodgers. So why would I take a bet were im taking the bigger risk.

Well then stop ****ing running your mouth. You want a handicap, i'll give you a handicap. What's it gonna be?

CAIN=FUTURE
07-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Well then stop ****ing running your mouth. You want a handicap, i'll give you a handicap. What's it gonna be?

I love how your such a ****ing badass over the computer, but your probabaly like 12. A handicap??? See I could really care less if your on PSD or not, so what difference would it make if you get a permanband. Ill let you come up with some sort of crazy bet. While your doing that ill keep running my mouth.

Malone for Pres
07-03-2008, 04:21 PM
See, you just annoy the **** out of me. Trolling in our boards, bringing the intelligence quotient down with your classless ****ing comments that add nothing to PSD.

PSD would be a better place with you gone, so I repeat: put up or shut the **** up.

dodgers07champs
07-03-2008, 04:21 PM
I love how your such a ****ing badass over the computer, but your probabaly like 12. A handicap??? See I could really care less if your on PSD or not, so what difference would it make if you get a permanband. Ill let you come up with some sort of crazy bet. While your doing that ill keep running my mouth.

Judging by the way both of you type, I would say you are the one who is 12..but, what do you expect us to say when you invade your rivals board?

CAIN=FUTURE
07-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Judging by the way both of you type, I would say you are the one who is 12..but, what do you expect us to say when you invade your rivals board?

I wasnt ****ing invading. I started off very peaceful. You guys started talking **** to me. What do you think im gonna do? Sit back and take it?

Malone for Pres
07-03-2008, 04:33 PM
I wasnt ****ing invading. I started off very peaceful. You guys started talking **** to me. What do you think im gonna do? Sit back and take it?

The fact that you're here means it's not peaceful. You know you don't ****ing belong here and you wont be received well. The fact that you came here to revel in one of our players injuries pushes it further in that same direction.

Don't pretend you are innocent in this. You were baiting, or trolling, whatever you what to call it. Both are not supposed to be done here at PSD. You are the instigator here, so just shut the **** up, leave and never come back.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-03-2008, 04:37 PM
The fact that you're here means it's not peaceful. You know you don't ****ing belong here and you wont be received well. The fact that you came here to revel in one of our players injuries pushes it further in that same direction.

Don't pretend you are innocent in this. You were baiting, or trolling, whatever you what to call it. Both are not supposed to be done here at PSD. You are the instigator here, so just shut the **** up, leave and never come back.

I have every right to be in here. I heard about his injury and I was happy. Its fantastic for the Giants. Its not like a came in here was say **** like **** la, **** the dodgers, ect... In no way have I baited. If anyone has bated its been you, and a couple of your dodger pals.

Malone for Pres
07-03-2008, 04:48 PM
I have every right to be in here. I heard about his injury and I was happy. Its fantastic for the Giants. Its not like a came in here was say **** like **** la, **** the dodgers, ect... In no way have I baited. If anyone has bated its been you, and a couple of your dodger pals.

See, that's where you lose all respect, you ****ing classless piece of ****. I personally like to see the Dodgers beat the Vagiants when they're at full strength.

Any true sports fan should not revel in injuries. That's just ****ing classless.

And don't think you have a right to be here, you don't. You baited by attempting to kick us when we're down, you know your intentions were not innocent. You knew the reaction you would receive.

Take the ****ing bet, I would love to see you gone. It doesn't look like you're going to, though, as you're just all talk and too much of a Vagiant yourself to actually go through with it.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-03-2008, 04:52 PM
See, that's where you lose all respect, you ****ing classless piece of ****. I personally like to see the Dodgers beat the Vagiants when they're at full strength.

Any true sports fan should not revel in injuries. That's just ****ing classless.

And don't think you have a right to be here, you don't. You baited by attempting to kick us when we're down, you know your intentions were not innocent. You knew the reaction you would receive.

Take the ****ing bet, I would love to see you gone. It doesn't look like you're going to, though, as you're just all talk and too much of a Vagiant yourself to actually go through with it.

This is a ****ing website. What, am I supose to prove how tough I am by making a bet over the computer?

How ever unlikely, the Giants are going to make a run at the playoffs. And with Furcal out that helps the Giants chances A LOT. You should take that as a compleiment.

And im sorry for not using my manners on PSD.

LAdiablo
07-03-2008, 04:56 PM

so you decide to come in here and tell us about it? tell me how this is not baiting . you are every bit the classless pos most gnat fans are. i guess you get that way being bent over and passed around by the bears.
http://www.isparksf.com/index.html gtfo

Malone for Pres
07-03-2008, 04:58 PM
This is a ****ing website. What, am I supose to prove how tough I am by making a bet over the computer?

How ever unlikely, the Giants are going to make a run at the playoffs. And with Furcal out that helps the Giants chances A LOT. You should take that as a compleiment.

And im sorry for not using my manners on PSD.

This has absolutely nothing to do with toughness. If you believe in your team, if you actaully think they're making the odds off run, then you'd back your words up with this bet.

Otherwise you're just in here spouting off **** you don't even believe yourself.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-03-2008, 05:14 PM
so you decide to come in here and tell us about it? tell me how this is not baiting . you are every bit the classless pos most gnat fans are. i guess you get that way being bent over and passed around by the bears.
http://www.isparksf.com/index.html gtfo

Its not baiting! That a legitimit comment. Thats good for the Giants, im a Giants fan, what do you want me to say? Ah im so sorry to hear that Furcal is injured?

Malone for Pres
07-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Its not baiting! That a legitimit comment. Thats good for the Giants, im a Giants fan, what do you want me to say? Ah im so sorry to hear that Furcal is injured?

No, you keep your ****ing mouth shut. Or you start a thread in your own forum, where it's not baiting. But when you come here, and say that, it's baiting.

You ****ing piece.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-03-2008, 05:25 PM
No, you keep your ****ing mouth shut. Or you start a thread in your own forum, where it's not baiting. But when you come here, and say that, it's baiting.

You ****ing piece.

This is just starting to get funny how far your taking this. Your making this into a big joke for me, thanks.

Malone for Pres
07-03-2008, 05:30 PM
This is just starting to get funny how far your taking this. Your making this into a big joke for me, thanks.

No, really, the pleasure is all mine. To keep coming to this thread to see you reinforce the notion that all vagiant fans are classless, ******** pieces who couldn't put together a coherent thought to save their lives is fine entertainment for me.

I wish I could keep this up all day, but unlike you I am not on summer vacation and I have to leave my office and get back to work. I should really be fired already.

Malone for Pres
07-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Oh but before I leave, I take it you're admitting that every word out of your mouth is of such little value that you yourself don't even buy into it?

Or are you taking me up on that bet?

xray500
07-03-2008, 06:39 PM

You're from SF...you should bend over and take it.

THINKBLUE15
07-04-2008, 12:56 AM
^
Nice.
Come on Cain. Have you noticed that even the Giant's board hates you?

THINKBLUE15
07-04-2008, 12:57 AM
Cain=Future is a disgrace to the real Matt Cain. He is giving a terrific pitcher shame upon his name.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-04-2008, 02:45 AM
baiting much??? I think ill leave now, ill let you guys talk all the **** you want, ill take the high road.

Gigantes4Life
07-04-2008, 02:53 AM
Kinda hard to bait when it's their own forum.

lincecum=future
07-04-2008, 02:56 AM

:laugh:

In_Ned_I_Trust
07-04-2008, 03:04 AM
baiting much??? I think ill leave now, ill let you guys talk all the **** you want, ill take the high road.

Atta boy

CAIN=FUTURE
07-04-2008, 03:15 AM
Kinda hard to bait when it's their own forum.

Not only is that baiting me, thats discriminating, and most importantly talking **** about the city I love. I dont want him reported, because to honest its not that big of a deal, but I dont want to have this go unknown.

Again, I am leaving. Sorry for coming back.

My original post is now gone btw.

xray500
07-04-2008, 09:53 AM
If you got offended, I am sorry; but you cannot come into another forum, run your mouth and expect anything different than the response you got. If you came in here with a better attitude and a better take, than people may have recieved you differently.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-04-2008, 01:28 PM
I already said sorry. As long as you dont say stuff like that I have problem with you. I can take personal critisim, but thats to much.

THINKBLUE15
07-04-2008, 01:56 PM
So, back to Furcal....