PDA

View Full Version : Would you?

97'bulls
07-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Would you be willing to sacrifice next season if it meant that Rose would get better faster? I'm talking about in the 25-35 win range.

mschmidt64
07-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Absolutely.

You'd be stupid not to.

Rose is the future.

Pairing Rose with a running mate is critical. Whether that is through sucking and getting another high pick, clearing out the roster and getting cap space to sign Wade/Bosh, or making a blockbuster deal to get an under-25 superstar, that has to be the focus.

And if it requires throwing away next year (to get a high pick or because you traded away guys for expiring contracts) so be it.

Afridi786
07-02-2008, 10:32 PM
What does this exactly mean? Sacrifice meaning what? He plays less minutes or starts from day 1? We can still develop him and win more than 35 games.

97'bulls
07-02-2008, 10:37 PM
What does this exactly mean? Sacrifice meaning what? He plays less minutes or starts from day 1? We can still develop him and win more than 35 games.

it means that he plays A TON and we pretty much let him do whatever he wants.

Afridi786
07-02-2008, 10:43 PM
If he is the next Deron/Kidd, him playing plenty of minutes shud only help us.

kozelkid
07-02-2008, 10:45 PM
i think it's a very easy question, YES!
we arent going to compete so what's the point, there's no reason to delay his development, we already ****ed around with tt, thabo and noah, I dont want our future franchise player to go through the same.
he better get his minutes.

MGB
07-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Well, it's not really a valid question... if he's as good as he's supposed to be, we shouldn't have to sacrifice the season. Many say he's the best player on the team ALREADY, so by that type of thinking, we should be better than last year.

DamnGoat
07-02-2008, 10:53 PM
We should be in contention for a playoff spot regardless, so I'm not sure what we're sacrificing here.

By adding Rose we're already better than last year and as long as we keep this team young then we're in good shape IMO. See how guys like Noah, Tyrus and Deng play with Rose and build from there.

There aren't good enough players out there to blow up the roster for.

rico
07-02-2008, 11:13 PM
We should be in contention for a playoff spot regardless, so I'm not sure what we're sacrificing here.

By adding Rose we're already better than last year and as long as we keep this team young then we're in good shape IMO. See how guys like Noah, Tyrus and Deng play with Rose and build from there.

There aren't good enough players out there to blow up the roster for.
i agree - i dont see what you mean by sacrificing. with rose starting and getting 30+ mins or whatever i still see us making the playoffs this year :) and he will only get better.

Kyben36
07-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Sacrafice as in lose on purpose. Pretty FN Stupid if you ask me. You let rose play to his ability and see how it goes. We already have Thomas and Noah, Thomas was worthy of the number one pick in 2006 and Noah would have been as well if he had come out that year. I think We have plenty of young players on this team and will be fine. Trow next year. absolutly not. if we can make the playoffs this year I guarentee Rose has a great shot at R.O.Y. You can not trow this season. You let it Roll. and you know how Rose gets when losing.

By the way. Who is coming out that is so great. is there an oden coming out I have not heard of or what. The only positon i see us needing to fill is SG right now because Gordon is not for me. 2 short, 2 poor of a defender. and not for me. I think Thomas will have a breakout year. Deng is a solid defender and can put up 20 any night and with his slashing abbility should work well with rose. Rose is our PG. Noah is our C for now and I think will work well with this offense. and I am not sure about SG.