PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets pursuing Ridnour?

avsman05
07-02-2008, 10:07 PM
I mean its great the Nuggets are going after all these players but it seems like they are getting desperate. Now heres info on Luke Ridnour.

Luke Ridnour, a fifth-year point guard who has two years remaining on his contract and will make $13 million, is expected to draw interest from teams. The Sonics acquired Westbrook with the No. 4 pick in last week's draft.

The 6-foot-2 Ridnour suffered his worst season since his rookie year, averaging 6.4 points and 4.0 assists. A quadriceps injury forced him to miss 15 games, and he lost his starting job to Watson. But with Watson recovering from the broken thumb, Ridnour seems less likely to be traded.

New York, Miami, Denver and the Los Angeles Clippers are shopping for point guards. A league source said Tuesday the Knicks are a likely team for Ridnour because he can run coach Mike D'Antoni's fast-paced offense.

DenButsu
07-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Where does it say the Nuggets are pursuing him?

------

:cool:
Not trying to give you a hard time, just want to make sure the info that's circulating here
is as accurate as possible. :nod:

avsman05
07-02-2008, 10:40 PM
the article on hoopsworld said knicks heat nuggets pursuing ridnour but it really doesnt mention that in the article i do not like hoopsworld very much. wonder how much those guys get paid i could do that job

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?hd=20080702&lc=NBA#STORY_9915

DenButsu
07-02-2008, 10:54 PM
the article on hoopsworld said knicks heat nuggets pursuing ridnour but it really doesnt mention that in the article i do not like hoopsworld very much.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?hd=20080702&lc=NBA#STORY_9915

Yeah, if there's anyting to know about hoopsworld, it's that:

1) their "journalists" are basically just dudes like you and me - basketball fans - who can write well enough to satisfy hoopsworld's (cough, cough) "journalistic standards" :rolleyes: ... but they very, very, VERY rarely actually break anything new. And,

2) their headlines are intentionally designed to be over-exaggerated attention grabbers, and are often just plain false (or in other words, LIES). For example:

Livingston to Denver

...is the top story on the Nugs page there right now. Um, no, there's no Livingston deal that's even been negotiated or agreed upon, let alone signed.

So take everything you see there with massive grains of salt. The one useful thing that I have found there is that their "reporters" can use their press credentials to gain access to the pepsi center, etc., and get some interviews. Those are probably the only genuine source of authentic information to be found there that don't come from the same mainstream news outlets we all have access to.

In sum, I'm adding a "?" to the thread title. :laugh2:

avsman05
07-02-2008, 10:58 PM
sounds good to me lol. ive been off last couple of days 2nd time in two days. sheesh.

DJiC
07-02-2008, 10:59 PM
really ridnour? man i dont think he's going to fit at all AWKWARD

Crunchy12489
07-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Man, Luke Ridnour wouldn't be right for this team.

I'm not really a big fan of the dude.

If he joined, i'd have no choice but to try and like the cat.

But right now, NO. DON'T JOIN DENVER. YOU ARE SMALL.

QuaLiThADoN
07-08-2008, 11:59 PM
this would b a very nice pickup for any team