PDA

View Full Version : Emeka Okafor or Josh Smith or Andre Iguodala?

Kdirt
07-02-2008, 09:52 PM
We probably wont get Arenas or Brand so If we are going to sign somebody we might aswell target one of these two. Josh Smith would be ideal in our fast pace system, but we already have Wright and Randolph whom we envision to fill the type of role he would likely offer us. Emeka would probably want around 15 million a season so it may not be an ideal investment, but he would provide us with some much needed size and toughness in the paint. Ideally I would like to see us land Josh Smith and trade Wright or Harrington for a solid point guard such as Raymond Felton.

TheKid510
07-02-2008, 09:57 PM
I would love to see us add Josh Smith but the problemis the Hawks match the offer making him hard to get.

tru_warrior
07-02-2008, 09:59 PM
is Okafor restricted or no?

Kdirt
07-02-2008, 10:01 PM
The Hawks cant match a max offer, I dont know that he is worth a max offer, but he could possibly be even better in our high octane system.

odiz
07-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Hes also a great defender both and can guard forwards and guards. I think hed be a great pickup, plus hes only like 23.

Tmac416
07-02-2008, 10:30 PM
are you guys serious. he is no where near a max player. the hawks dont want to pay him more than 8 mill a season. absolutly no one is giving him max money

IamTurboman
07-02-2008, 10:45 PM
They wouldn't pay Baron a proven guy any where near max money. They aint paying a decent player from the hawks max money!!!!

Baronistheman5
07-02-2008, 10:57 PM
No questions about it. Josh Smith. He is athletic and he can run and most importantly he can finish. The dude is a monster dunker. It'd be like getting jrich back. Plus he's got long arms and hops so he could play the 4 for us and block shots against the opposing big men. Okafor would be too slow and I haven't been impressed with him lately.

JtotheisR
07-03-2008, 12:16 AM
I would much rather have Josh Smith he bangs!!!

oracle650
07-03-2008, 01:52 AM
josh smith we'd be vicious

gouldjg
07-03-2008, 12:09 PM
I'd rather have Josh Smith, as well, but he's not a banger and tough interior defender like people have posted. He's an off the ball defender who blocks shots coming from the weak side. That's not a knock on him, I'm just saying he's not the type of player who is going to bang with boozer, brand, duncan, bynam, etc. He will fit great in our system but will he be a road block to anthony randolph?

GLobo
07-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Okafer is basically biedrens, I'd love josh smith for maybe 10-13 mil a year

Tmac416
07-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Okafer is basically biedrens, I'd love josh smith for maybe 10-13 mil a year

are kididng me. the hawks dont want to pay past 8 and 10-13 is way overpriced. they clips have baron for that pirce and liek the guy above psoted. josh smith is not inside presnse and tough post defender. he flys over and swats the ball

Kdirt
07-03-2008, 04:39 PM
I think we should offer Smith a near max contract and simply front load the deal, meaning he gets most of his money in the first year or 2 so Atlanta cant match it. Then we free up some cap space to go after another free agent next off season. I mean lets be real, were not going anywhere next season. So lock up Smith for 5-7 years.

OneOpportunity
07-03-2008, 04:41 PM
smith doesnt deserve anywhere near max money. Maybe 10 mil a year if you are willing to overpay in order to get him away from the hawks

Kdirt
07-03-2008, 05:22 PM
We all know he doesnt deserve it, but the only way to get a restricted free agent is to over pay for one. So throw him like 12 million the first year and then between 8-10 over the remainder of it.

Tmac416
07-03-2008, 05:51 PM
josh smith is not the difrence between us being a chamioship team or not. if you already know he isnt worth it you dont just give it to him anyways and regret the deal right after the first year. And no one has yet to point out the warrios havent even been mentioned as having any itrest in him. he really does nothing that someone else on our team cant already do. and he is defently not an idside presence on either end. i defintly want okafor. hhes already rumored as the next target ahead of smith

Baronistheman5
07-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Both of them are good defenders and they have good speed and incredible hops. They both can finish at the rim and I think I would prefer to get Smith becasue of his blocking ability. I also think we could get him a little cheaper. What do you guys think?

IamTurboman
07-03-2008, 09:45 PM
TRU warrior...It only took a couple of posts, but I can see what you are saying. This crap get's old. Sorry bro.

Baronistheman5-
1) IMO Baron is no longer the man
2) There was a simiular thread yesterday
3)I believe both are restricted free agents. I know Smith is for sure. So it aint going to happen. I wouldn't mind either. Iggy (I don't feel like figuring out how to spell that either) wouldn't really fit in with Jack here already, IMO. Nelly does like small ball though, and maybe Jack can play some 2 and 4. That would be a stretch though.

BADizzleBoY
07-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Stick to smith, Iggy wont be leaving philly.

tru_warrior
07-03-2008, 09:50 PM
TRU warrior...It only took a couple of posts, but I can see what you are saying. This crap get's old. Sorry bro.

Baronistheman5-
1) IMO Baron is no longer the man
2) There was a simiular thread yesterday
3)I believe both are restricted free agents. I know Smith is for sure. So it aint going to happen. I wouldn't mind either. Iggy (I don't feel like figuring out how to spell that either) wouldn't really fit in with Jack here already, IMO. Nelly does like small ball though, and maybe Jack can play some 2 and 4. That would be a stretch though.

no need to be sorry bro. im glad you see it though.

Tmac416
07-03-2008, 09:51 PM
yea iggy is not geting out. once agian anyone who follows basketball knwos that iggy was never ever gonna leave philly. he is ther eonly piece. once agian this thread is now dead

Baronistheman5
07-03-2008, 11:41 PM
I already asked how do i change my name? I hate my username, i;ve never liked baron, my gf loves him and put this as my username, how do i change it? do i just delete it?

jetsfan28
07-03-2008, 11:44 PM
You can't, nor can you make another one, sorry. You can try PM'ing Wrigleyboy25 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=549) and seeing what he says, but I don't think you can.

tru_warrior
07-03-2008, 11:50 PM
I already asked how do i change my name? I hate my username, i;ve never liked baron, my gf loves him and put this as my username, how do i change it? do i just delete it?

what bad timing to have a baron username! sorry bro...im sure you can get this worked out somehow.

Jimmy3702
07-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Iggy is better but Smith is more realistic

IamTurboman
07-04-2008, 12:24 AM
what bad timing to have a baron username! sorry bro...im sure you can get this worked out somehow.Or become a Clippers fan. They only have like 30.;)

Conor
07-04-2008, 01:36 AM
It's tough because all 3 have drawbacks, but all 3 could really give our team a push forward. Emeka is very injury prone and I don't want to commit superstar money to a solid, but not great PF who's not guaranteed to be healthy. Josh Smith is a freak and a dream fit for our system, but we already have our share of Smith types, albeit raw ones in Randolph and Wright. Iggy probably won't be leaving Philly, I see them matching no matter what.

All in all, Josh Smith is probably our best bet.