PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Parker

JermanJaysFan
07-02-2008, 08:44 PM
AP is a fantastic shooter, a good defender, and an all-around great player that helps to hold the team together. A smart veteran leader who makes solid decisions. We all know what he brings to this team- solid play night in and night out.

BUT- he has an attractive contract for potential deals. He is due $4,550,000 next year, the last year of his deal.

So my question is: what is AP's greatest value to this team? As a starter? A bench player? A trade piece? Something else? What do you think?

I personally would only trade AP if I was upgrading over him at SG. He brings consistancy to the lineup that we can't necessarily count on with one of Kapono or Moon starting at the wings.

nads83
07-02-2008, 09:20 PM
i think parker would be great off the bench if we had a high profiled sg or sf, but we dont. i dont like him as a starter although he most likely will start the season being our starter. if there was anyway possible id trade him and next yrs 1st rder for an upgrade. i dont think he has much value in this league though.

JermanJaysFan
07-02-2008, 09:25 PM
i think parker would be great off the bench if we had a high profiled sg or sf, but we dont. i dont like him as a starter although he most likely will start the season being our starter. if there was anyway possible id trade him and next yrs 1st rder for an upgrade. i dont think he has much value in this league though.

I really disagree here. He has proven to be an excellent long-distance shooter. He can play good defense. He is a smart veteran, and to top it off, he has a decent sized expiring contract. I think he is pretty much the type of guy that every team would like to have.

Bricklayer
07-02-2008, 09:27 PM
I like Parker in the starting line-up, he plays tough D, usually against the top swingman on the opposing team. He is money from the corner and he's on of the only guys on the team who move without the ball instead of just watching Bosh. Intangables guy who would be sorely missed if he decides to play elsewhere next season.

Ragun
07-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Trade piece and bench player. He has an expiring contract, and he can still do a bit of everything. also a good leader with great attitude.

nads83
07-02-2008, 09:33 PM
I really disagree here. He has proven to be an excellent long-distance shooter. He can play good defense. He is a smart veteran, and to top it off, he has a decent sized expiring contract. I think he is pretty much the type of guy that every team would like to have.

i know, but i dont think the league knows

JermanJaysFan
07-02-2008, 09:42 PM
i know, but i dont think the league knows

Maybe not some fans, but I think most GMs know what he brings.

Bob_at_york
07-02-2008, 09:51 PM
I think he is worth more to us than he is to other teams.

ramz.n
07-02-2008, 11:13 PM
hes proabaly not well known because hes on T.O..if he was on an American team, people would give him more respect..after all he is in the top 10 in 3fg %..very valuable trade piece in my opinion.

argo
07-02-2008, 11:16 PM
AP's the type of player you try to keep.. trade kapono- can't play D or rebound at SF, and won't be dunking on anyone. smitch proved he couldn't make him effective last year, except for a few moments in the (not so) magic series.

RoyHalladay#32
07-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Parker is definitely under rated. He is a great shooter with solid defence. He also isn't afraid to jam it on others. He's a valuable piece for us. The Raps should use the MLE to pick up a SF.

jaysfan4ever
07-02-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a GM's responsibility to know about other teams players, so they WILL know about AP. That being said, he's someone that we would like to keep as well, as calderon will find him for 3s, and he's good enough to create his own shots as well.

Fion
07-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Ill tell you one reason we should keep AP. With the exception of chris bosh hes the only raptor i havnt seen the fans throw under the bus at some point.

IversonIsKrazy
07-03-2008, 01:16 AM
w/o a doubt a keeper. we do need a sg/sf scorer though, so i would do this trade.

Mavs Get:
Andrea Bargnani
Jason Kapono
2010 First Rounder

Raps Get:
Josh Howard

And if the JO trade happens, we would OWN! Then sign a back-up point like Earl Boykins & back-up C like Kurt Thomas.

PG: Jose/Boykins/Ukic
SG: AP/Delfino
SF: Howard/J-Moon/Joey
PF: CB4/K-Hump/Brezec
C: JO/Thomas

conway429
07-03-2008, 01:38 AM
w/o a doubt a keeper. we do need a sg/sf scorer though, so i would do this trade.

Mavs Get:
Andrea Bargnani
Jason Kapono
2010 First Rounder

Raps Get:
Josh Howard

And if the JO trade happens, we would OWN! Then sign a back-up point like Earl Boykins & back-up C like Kurt Thomas.

I agree.
I'd love this trade... we should definately keep AP.
SF is the only place we need to upgrade right now...
Moon isn't a starter, and I wouldn't miss Kapono or Bargnani.
I think if we add a good SF, then our lineups deadly (as seen above, potentially as good as any elite team in the NBA)
AP does alot of things very well, and is more than satisfactory as the #4 option on the floor.

Bricklayer
07-03-2008, 03:34 PM

Mavs Get:
Andrea Bargnani
Jason Kapono
2010 First Rounder

Raps Get:
Josh Howard

1st- Mavericks would never go for that deal
2nd- Delfino and Brezec aren't coming back
3rd- We don't have enough money for Thomas and Boykins.

pebloemer
07-03-2008, 03:40 PM
1st- Mavericks would never go for that deal
2nd- Delfino and Brezec aren't coming back
3rd- We don't have enough money for Thomas and Boykins.

Is there confirmation from Delfino yet? Just curious.

ramz.n
07-03-2008, 05:38 PM
i think having AP at 4.5m a season is a discount..to bad he wasn't younger...he could have been the answer at the sg position on this team with only 1 hole to fill at sf...but hes not getting any younger..wonder what BC has planned

_Sn1P3r_
07-03-2008, 05:53 PM
I think he would be a solid 6th man if we can upgrade the SG position.

AgentViet
07-03-2008, 06:06 PM
He's our starting SG and glue guy IMO.

lukeem21
07-03-2008, 08:15 PM
IMO we'd be stupid to try to upgrade at SG... parker is a great player to spread the defence and just show up everynight playing hard while NEVER complaining about touches

ramz.n
07-03-2008, 10:48 PM
IMO we'd be stupid to try to upgrade at SG... parker is a great player to spread the defence and just show up everynight playing hard while NEVER complaining about touches

didnt he rant about a situation where when Bargnani started , he got less shots and felt more comfortable with Rasho in the lineup which triggered the change?