PDA

View Full Version : Mlb.tv Is The Worst...!!!!

RichmondMets
07-02-2008, 01:21 AM
I just wanted to see if I was the only person who has been ripped off by mlb.com on this forum.. I have no agenda or anything like that - I am just a Mets fan living in Virginia who wanted to watch the day games on my computer at work .. I ordered the mlb.tv service and I couldn't get it to work on my computer..

I sat on hold with their customer service for over 45 minutes and when they finally picked up the phone I decided to cancel the subscription. According to their terms - you have 5 days to cancel your subscription and they will not charge you. I was told I would have a refund for the $19.95 within 10 business days.

Weeks pass and still no refund. I open my next credit card statement and to my shock they charged me for a second month.. I WAS PISSED! So I called them and sat on hold for over an hour this time.. and they assured me that they would get me my refund for the 2 months ($40 bucks)..

I'll make a long story short.. They have denied my refund request now a total of 4 times.. each time i sit on hold with customer service.. each time they tell me they don't know why it is getting denied.. each time they promise me it will be taken care of.. each time i receive the same email 2 weeks later...

Then I find these online forums.. It turns out that they are doing this to A LT OF PEOPLE!
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/MLB
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/334/RipOff0334325.htm
go check out their better business bureau report.. its a DISGRACE...

With the black cloud that is hanging over so many sports - including baseball - you would think that MLB wouldn't want to start pissing off their loyal customers.. their actions are at best - disgusting - and at worst - CRIMINAL..

Shame on Major League Baseball.. shame on mlb.com...

Has anybody on PSD had a similar problem with this??

Joba Rules!!
07-02-2008, 01:23 AM
Nope, I live in my team's region of the country.

Wrigleyboy25
07-02-2008, 01:23 AM
If you buy it for a month, they start charging you monthly automatically. It was a huge rip-off. If someone wanted that to happen, they'd go cheaper and get the yearly package.

nme
07-02-2008, 01:29 AM
I wouldn't say that I have been ripped off by them (yet) per se, but I have had my share of troubles getting onto mlb.tv many times and it is just a goddamn headache.

sboyajian
07-02-2008, 05:22 AM
I just wanted to see if I was the only person who has been ripped off by mlb.com on this forum.. I have no agenda or anything like that - I am just a Mets fan living in Virginia who wanted to watch the day games on my computer at work .. I ordered the mlb.tv service and I couldn't get it to work on my computer..

I sat on hold with their customer service for over 45 minutes and when they finally picked up the phone I decided to cancel the subscription. According to their terms - you have 5 days to cancel your subscription and they will not charge you. I was told I would have a refund for the $19.95 within 10 business days.

Weeks pass and still no refund. I open my next credit card statement and to my shock they charged me for a second month.. I WAS PISSED! So I called them and sat on hold for over an hour this time.. and they assured me that they would get me my refund for the 2 months ($40 bucks)..

I'll make a long story short.. They have denied my refund request now a total of 4 times.. each time i sit on hold with customer service.. each time they tell me they don't know why it is getting denied.. each time they promise me it will be taken care of.. each time i receive the same email 2 weeks later...

Then I find these online forums.. It turns out that they are doing this to A LT OF PEOPLE!

With the black cloud that is hanging over so many sports - including baseball - you would think that MLB wouldn't want to start pissing off their loyal customers.. their actions are at best - disgusting - and at worst - CRIMINAL..

Call your credit card company... the logo usually protects you.

You'll likely get a refund and it will stop being charged

NiTiNoZ
07-02-2008, 08:36 PM
I live in the part of new jersey which is considered the philadelphia region, so any kind of broadcast via television shows philly tv. and same goes for mlb.tv which is perfect for me cuz i am a met fan anyway. so i havent had problem with mlb.tv for 3 yrs . all of a sudden the last 2 days (july 1st) they tell ,me i am in the ny curciut, on top of that they tell me that u might be blacked out cuz of FOX... fox doesnt broadcast on weekdays...

mlb.tv is the worst.. THEY HAVE TO STOP GOING TO INDIA FOR THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE REP'S (I AM INDIAN MYSELF). IF THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THE ******* TO DO, IT GIVES MLB A BAD NAME.. THEY COULDNT EVEN SAY HAVE THE TEAM NAMES TO SAVE THEIR LIVES... to all the future mlb.tv customers, dont purchase it its a waste of money, and their customer service is horrible, u guys know more about the system than they do... SELIG REALLY SCREWED UP WITH THE BLACKOUTS...

SORRY GUYS NEEDED TO VENT...LOL

Joba Rules!!
07-02-2008, 08:38 PM
This is like the third thread about this.

letsgofish
07-02-2008, 08:46 PM
maybe you should actually read the print before you buy something

NiTiNoZ
07-02-2008, 08:49 PM
maybe you should actually read the print before you buy something

thanks for the advice numbnuts, but after being a subscriber for 3 yrs they all of a sudden pull the plug on me... thanks for the head up..

Guttermouth
07-02-2008, 10:29 PM
I actually use it every day. MLB.tv Mosiac is the greatest product ever for fantasy baseball players.

I have heard horror stories about other people having issues with the service and the product but I've never had a single issue...I love it.

sboyajian
07-03-2008, 07:47 AM
thanks for the advice numbnuts, but after being a subscriber for 3 yrs they all of a sudden pull the plug on me... thanks for the head up..

For the record when I lived in South Jersey for 2 years, I saw just as many Yankee and Met's games on TV as I did Phillies games.

I would not be surprised to see you in the NY Circuit because the games do get aired and those teams combined are the larger market.

DownInHouston
07-03-2008, 08:56 AM

Similar thing happend to myself. I just wanted to try it out for a month and it was a nice service but I just could not find time to watch.

So I cancelled it and of course there is no online method to cancel it other than sending an email. After I sent them an email I got about 10-20 emails saying that my request was put in the "que" or whatever. I had a couple weeks before I was supposed to be charged again.

Then I got a call from a guy saying that he wanted to talk to me about my request and wanted to see if he could do anything to keep me from cancelling and if I did not call him back he would cancel my service. Which was still numerous days before I was supposed to be charged for the next month. So about 2-3 weeks after I had requested my account be cancelled I got charged for another month. I called them up telling them my situation and they gave me a claim number and it should not take long for me to get my money back. About a week later I got an email that said my refund was denied. I was mad but I was not going to go crazy.

So all in all if your going to cancel your account DO NOT do it through their email system call them! I still thought it was pretty cool but if you ever want to cancel your service it is a nightmare!

REGular
07-03-2008, 09:11 AM
I find I have trouble when I try using Mozilla, and less so when I use Internet Explorer. If that helps.

Eicholtz
07-03-2008, 09:27 AM
I first got MLBTV when I was stationed overseas in Germany and I thought it was the greatest thing ever. When I came back home I let it expire. No problems before or since.

Regardless of having no issues with them I can't say the same thing for the internet as a whole. There are more and more things like this going on everywhere. BUYER BEWARE!!! I have had crap like that happen before. Also after being straight up with the person and telling them what I thought of the situation I actually got some of the dough back. That doesn't work all the time but it did for me surprisingly.

But someone left a comment being a smart *** but it's true. Read the fine print on any "supposed" great online offer because there is usually a catch. We all know the saying if it looks too good to be true then we all know it probably is.

I was going to get the monthly thing for the same exact reason. But I just just resolved one issue so I chose not to and just followed the gamecast thing at work. The best option is the yearly though pricey for just limited use. Least amount of problems that way. Rather then trying to cancel something online you have to call them after x amount of days etc etc. But like someone else also posted maybe your actually credit card company you deal with would be the best option.

Good Luck with that I know it's frustrating.

cdubbs
07-03-2008, 10:10 AM
if you live outside the US mlb.tv is the ****. there's no other way to be a fan. think backa few years ago when this whole thing wasn't tpossible...then think about complaining.

that being said i sympathize with you because that is bull****.

mlb.tv has room for improvement, no doubt, but it's getting better each year!

torontosports10
07-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Living in Canada sucks cause all the Jays games are always blacked out. I usually only watch the days ones or when they are not on T.V but the black out dont allow that. Also the other day i tired watching the Rays and Sox game and that was blacked out also. :mad:

Uncle Funster
07-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Class Action lawsuit.

Trevose
07-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Same thing happening to me. Comcast botched my cable up bad, then as a package to stop me from whining they gave me the MLB Ticket or whatever they call it.

I figured MLB.TV would go away after the initial monthly payment.

Negative.

They are telling me that it's a season long subscription, and I'll have to pay to get out of it.

Why even offer a monthly subscription then, charge the yearly. On the website it says nothing of NOT being able to cancel.

P.S.
Customer service does blow, 45 mins on hold is sweet