PDA

View Full Version : Has anbody heard...

Wilson
07-02-2008, 07:12 PM
...anything about Santonio Holmes in the off-season?

I was watching the Rams game from the end of last season a little while ago, and one of the commentaters said something about Holmes' plans to work out with Jerry Rice in the summer?

Would be great if it's true, and gives our offense even more promise for next season.

NYMetros
07-02-2008, 07:35 PM
I haven't heard anything about that. If that is true, then great. I'm sure Rice (the greatest receiver of all-time) would give Holmes a few tricks and hints about the game that he can incorperate into his own game. Need every edge you can get at the NL level. I'm expecting Holmes to have a monster season this year and to be our new #1 WR.

Wilson
07-02-2008, 07:48 PM
I haven't heard anything about that. If that is true, then great. I'm sure Rice (the greatest receiver of all-time) would give Holmes a few tricks and hints about the game that he can incorperate into his own game. Need every edge you can get at the NL level. I'm expecting Holmes to have a monster season this year and to be our new #1 WR.

Me too. You could tell that he was going to have a big one after the improvement he showed last season, but now with the new weapons stretching the field, the sky's the limit for Holmes.

NYMetros
07-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Me too. You could tell that he was going to have a big one after the improvement he showed last season, but now with the new weapons stretching the field, the sky's the limit for Holmes.

Totally agree.

On a side note, I really hope people around the country learn Heath Miller's name after this year. He is easily a top 3 blocking TE in the NFL. I think he will be a huge red zone threat too. Ward, Holmes, Miller, Sweed are going to be amazing.

I can't wait until next season.

Wilson
07-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Totally agree.

On a side note, I really hope people around the country learn Heath Miller's name after this year. He is easily a top 3 blocking TE in the NFL. I think he will be a huge red zone threat too. Ward, Holmes, Miller, Sweed are going to be amazing.

I can't wait until next season.

He is a great blocker on the edge, which is one of the reasons the Steelers drafted him in the 1st place. And with Holmes, Ward and Sweed spreading the field, Mendenhall and sometimes Moore coming out of the backfield, Heath Miller should find himself open a lot :D

myqntab
07-03-2008, 12:46 AM
He is a great blocker on the edge, which is one of the reasons the Steelers drafted him in the 1st place. And with Holmes, Ward and Sweed spreading the field, Mendenhall and sometimes Moore coming out of the backfield, Heath Miller should find himself open a lot :D

if all our weapons come with intention, our offense should be devastating....you guys are talking about holmes being our new #1.....when we have one of the top WR in the league already.....wow....our WR are gonna be good....and between miller and spaeth......defenses will HAVE to respect our TE.....then on top of that.....parker has proven he is a playmaker, and you are adding mendenhall on top of that? sheesh......

i hope ben has fun playing with all his toys:clap:

stealaz #1
07-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Which one of the Steeler's Wr you dont think will make the team .

NYMetros
07-03-2008, 10:32 AM
if all our weapons come with intention, our offense should be devastating....you guys are talking about holmes being our new #1.....when we have one of the top WR in the league already.....wow....our WR are gonna be good....and between miller and spaeth......defenses will HAVE to respect our TE.....then on top of that.....parker has proven he is a playmaker, and you are adding mendenhall on top of that? sheesh......

i hope ben has fun playing with all his toys:clap:

Problem: Offensive line. But Ben managed to put up career numbers last seasson with a horrible o-line, I think with his new acquistions he will be able to have an even better year.

stealaz #1
07-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Imma be alittle more positive bout the O-line im thinking maybe Hartwig is what we need,im thinking maybe Mahan's a better guard than a center,but i am sure that we have alot of options available to were we can mix and match an make something good happen.:shrug:

SenecaValley46
07-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Holmes said he wants to be a punt returner :pity: but ive heard great things about him this offseason.. He also complained about the offseason work he says its too much

NYMetros
07-03-2008, 05:14 PM
No way we let Holmes return punts this season. We can't risk the chance of him possibly getting injured. Then we would be screwed. I don't care how much he wants to do it, or how bad we are at it next season. We can't have our future #1 receiver returning punts for us.

myqntab
07-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Problem: Offensive line. But Ben managed to put up career numbers last seasson with a horrible o-line, I think with his new acquistions he will be able to have an even better year.

funny, isn't it?

and i really think our offensive line will be ok....i wont hold out hope they will be great.....but they wont be as bad as last year.....and that was WITH faneca......

stealaz #1
07-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Holmes returning kicks will not happen,I thought thats what Reid & Bloom were for trust me we'll see Moore back there before Holmes will.

jmiller26
07-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Has anyone heard about LeCharles Bentley. The Steelers were rumored to be interested in him a little bit ago. I think he would be a great addition to the team if they could get him for the right price.

Wilson
07-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Imma be alittle more positive bout the O-line im thinking maybe Hartwig is what we need,im thinking maybe Mahan's a better guard than a center,but i am sure that we have alot of options available to were we can mix and match an make something good happen.:shrug:

I think the line will be improved too. We're obviously going to be weaker at LG, but I think the improvement at C will be enough for a competent O-line. We should still be solid at LG with Kemoeatu, and Hartwig will be a big improvement over Mahan.

dmx1684
07-08-2008, 03:52 PM
sweed, holmes, ward, washington, dallas baker, willie reid, bloom.

i would say baker or willie reid make the team, bloom is cut.