PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Player Next Year?

bag84
07-02-2008, 06:55 PM
So last year Ronnie Brewer came back bulked up and obviously with a much improved game. Which player do you see coming in this year with a transformed look and game, if any? Also, which Jazz veteran do you think will improve the most during the summer?

*sorry if a similar topic has already been posted, i am new to the forum

jimbobjarree
07-02-2008, 06:59 PM
if Memo or Booz comes back and begins to block shots left right and center along with shock, I'd be very pleased. I think Brewer will come back better again, any chance he will develop an outside game?

Korv should improve now he knows the system alot better, and i hope Miles gets some minutes even at the sf spot as Matt cant play that many minutes any more. And if Millsap comes back even better it will ease the nerves of re-signing Booz in the offseason.

I really cant wait for the new season, the offseason is soooooooooo long

bag84
07-02-2008, 07:02 PM
I think i am with you on Brewer. I have this feeling like he saw how his hard work paid off this year, and that will make him want to work even harder on his game to solidify his place on the team.

sportsnutzz
07-02-2008, 07:10 PM
I really cant wait for the new season, the offseason is soooooooooo long :cheers:

HotRodsHair
07-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Either Almond or CJ will be the most improved next season IMHO.

Jeeptj98
07-02-2008, 09:03 PM
I don't know but after the more I have read and watched about Kosta I think that he will be a big surprise. I think he could be just what the jazz needed. As far as players that are coming back from last year I think Fes will play well as well the jazz need size and he is a beast just didn't get the chance like he should have. He has been working really hard to get stronger and better....Dammit I can't wait for the RMR to start so I can watch these guys. :D

Sanddevil23
07-03-2008, 09:38 PM
I don't know but after the more I have read and watched about Kosta I think that he will be a big surprise. I think he could be just what the jazz needed. As far as players that are coming back from last year I think Fes will play well as well the jazz need size and he is a beast just didn't get the chance like he should have. He has been working really hard to get stronger and better....Dammit I can't wait for the RMR to start so I can watch these guys. :D

I agree with you completely Fes is my pick too

DrDEADalready
07-04-2008, 09:35 AM
i would hope Okur. comes back and know how to use a inside game as well. because if you noticed toward the end of the season. he was getting inside a little more. and getting rebounds. so i bet he will average. a double double. just like boozer has been doing. so having two players to average a double double and if williams can get about another assists on his average will have 3 double double players. holy crap that would be a big 3 people would talk about.

DrDEADalready
07-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Man i love Our JAZZ. it so exciting to watch. we honestly have GREAT Team. a team that other team fans dont realize how good we are. and our potential. we'll win a Championship. and i will probably be emotional. when we do ,just like the team would be. Jazz have the Greatest Fans ever.

CaughtInAHustle
07-05-2008, 01:20 AM
almond is very promising

THE_FLASH_21
07-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Milsap and CJ if he resigns....

Sanddevil23
07-05-2008, 11:57 AM
almond is very promising

I like Almond too but Sloan is pretty hard on young players so its hard to say he will pan out playing under Sloan. He was benched in College his first year though and worked hard to get off the bench then he goes off and averages the second highest in the country in PPG in his last year. We all know he can score but there is no way he is going to be able to defend starting SG's in the league. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.

THE_FLASH_21
07-06-2008, 12:26 AM
I like Almond too but Sloan is pretty hard on young players so its hard to say he will pan out playing under Sloan. He was benched in College his first year though and worked hard to get off the bench then he goes off and averages the second highest in the country in PPG in his last year. We all know he can score but there is no way he is going to be able to defend starting SG's in the league. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.

I'm with u!!!! He can score, but he'll get punk'd by the AVGERAGE SG.

Lo Porto
07-06-2008, 10:30 AM
The surprise player depends on who is here. If AK gets traded, I think the surprise player will be Kyle Korver. This guy was an upper teens per game scorer in Philly. He was great for Utah last year, but he didn't really have time to get used to the system. After an entire preseason, this guy could make the Utah offense the best in the league.

Think of this lineup if Brewer got a more consistent jumper - Deron, Brewer, Korver, Boozer and Okur. Every one of those players have two dimensions to their offensive game. Deron, Brewer and Korver can both shoot and drive while Boozer and Okur can shoot and post.

I think Korver raises eyebrows next year.

TRADE AK ASAP PLEASE...