PDA

View Full Version : Some of you are gonna get mad

y2shoes
07-02-2008, 05:55 PM
I think we need to bring up some new blood, I think Tek may need a few days off even a trip on the DL to get his hitting stroke back or give him a few days off and bring up a triple A backup catcher to help Cash.
Also I think we have seen the best of drew and he doesnt seem to always show up, I know he had the best June ever but can he keep it up or even keep it close?
I mean we are losing to the DEVIL RAYS are pitching is okay but we cant score any runs and this has been going on for a few games so it seems we need a shake up!
I know you are all gonna bust on me for this but I want to see the Soxs do better.
Any suggestions on how to help this team, i know we wont ever get someone to take lugo so if you have something else let me know.

ThreeIfBaerga
07-02-2008, 06:05 PM
It's called a slump. Every team good team goes through it, and every time their fans are left shaking their heads and wondering what kind of shake up should take place.

Leave the team as is, get healthy, go on run of dominance, win World Series.

RedSoxRok34
07-02-2008, 06:11 PM
I think we need to bring up some new blood, I think Tek may need a few days off even a trip on the DL to get his hitting stroke back or give him a few days off and bring up a triple A backup catcher to help Cash.
Also I think we have seen the best of drew and he doesnt seem to always show up, I know he had the best June ever but can he keep it up or even keep it close?
I mean we are losing to the DEVIL RAYS are pitching is okay but we cant score any runs and this has been going on for a few games so it seems we need a shake up!
I know you are all gonna bust on me for this but I want to see the Soxs do better.
Any suggestions on how to help this team, i know we wont ever get someone to take lugo so if you have something else let me know.

i agree we should give tek some offtime. he's 36 playing the most physically demanding everyday position in the game, and has the additional weight of being the team captain. let him take a breather the way we did midseason with our pitchers last year.

it's also a 2-for. by bringing up kottaras, we can get a chance to see if he can handle mlb. tek won't be around forever, so let's see what our young guys can do.

as for the shock about the rays, stow it. they have always had lots of young talent, and it's finally coming together. face it, they're a very good team now, and they're only going to get better (david price anybody?)

Wake's Fastball
07-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Varitek's our guy, and while he hasn't been terribly good in the past month, Cash has been even worse. Ellsbury's struggles at the top of the lineup over the past month haven't helped matters either, and when Ortiz comes back, he's likely to boost our offense right back to its best. Kottaras hasn't hit worth anything in AAA, and Brown really hasn't proven anything down there either, so it's tough to imagine they'd be any better up in the majors.

Tragedy
07-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Boy, I thought you were going to tell me something like the Red Sox decided to activate Timlin and throw him into the rotation.

Why are you saying it like that? The Rays (Not the D-Rays) are a GREAT team. They came out a year earlier than many people thought they would. If this were a year or two ago and we kept losing to them, it'd be a bit different. They have one of (Or the, I forget) the best records in all of baseball for a reason.

The Red Sox are in a difficult stretch right now, that's all. There have been games where the offense has been great, the Bullpen has been great, and the rotation has been great. Unfortunately, right now, our offense has been awful and our pitching (Starting pitching, mainly) has been very good. The worst part is the fact that we're running into other good pitching performances and losing very close games.

We'll be okay. I know it's frustrating, but they'll get through this, get hot, and everyone will be okay.

sboyajian
07-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Why say "we are losing to the DEVIL RAYS" like it's a terrible thing.. they are a talented team.

btw.. our home record is still among the best.. it's our road record that is hurting us.

lil'papi
07-02-2008, 06:54 PM
why would we get upset?

........normal reaction....

We are fine once we get Coco back we will go on a tear. :D

Rays will falter ~mark my words~ at some point they go cold. Their pen isn't this good and their bats nothing special either. Right now they are believing after a cold period the belief goes south.

They play well at home ......all's clicking.

Worms turn....

Tek shouldn't need time off Cash has caught way more games than mirabelli had been ....Tek is in a serious funk. His approach is down right ugly. I hate when he shakes his head on calls. He lost his stroke when he was sick.
He is picking a really bad time to go south. Remember he is a July hitter or has been in the past. Hopefully he shakes it off and gets to . 250 -.260.

We have holes. Pitching has been good enough to win if we score.

Relax....All-Star break is fast approaching then the deadline. We could see Ortiz back maybe a trade for bat/arm and we roll.
Ellsbury is awful, he will be ok. Drew is killing us ....last 11-12 games he is hitting a paltry .111 .
Lowell is hot , Pedy is hot, Youk is hitting....but that leaves holes like Tek, Lugo, Cash, Drew....good pitching pitches around them just like last year. Manny cooled too. We will be fine. Once they start hitting together.

We have played a ton of away games it seems too.

Lets watch the worm turn.

Rays will hang around but fade at some point. (hopefully)

kazzy4080
07-02-2008, 10:00 PM
v-tek is really starting to worry me, teams are now intentionally walking youk to get to him, hes swinging at bad pitches in favorable counts, we really gotta find a young replacement for him next year that can split time with him but thats a lot easier said than done

bosox1899
07-02-2008, 11:09 PM
first varitek is in something way more than a slump, its called a huge decline in production and he is almost useless at the plate, but hes the least of our worries right now, this team's bullpen downright sucks, especially delcarmen and hansen. u can say its a slump all you want but this team will not win the division or even make the playoffs with this roster, i can almost guarantee it. Time for some deadline moves, there has to be some better bullpen arms out there that can throw a ****ing strike for gods sake, i mean how can delcarmen and hansen not throw a few strikes? they blew the damn game, im sick of seeing them do it so many times.

ManRam
07-02-2008, 11:13 PM
I'll play the optimist.

Let's not overreact. All three games were close, and this is the best team in baseball we were playing. Varitek is struggling, but is there really anyone better available? Plus, he's the heart and soul of the pitching staff.

We gotta play it out. Hope Ortiz can come back healthy, hope some of the struggling hitters bounce back, and hope we can get a little streak going.

The panic button isn't in the picture yet. Maybe some minor moves, like a relief pitcher, or a better bench bat...but nothing to panic about yet.

ManRam
07-02-2008, 11:16 PM
And FYI, since bosox1899 said that he's sick of seeing Hansen and MDC blow games...

Hansen, prior to tonight, has blown a grand total of one game this year. He has lost two games, but the last one was on May 17th. He's been fine lately, prior to tonight. Manny has blown two games, and lost two games. Both had great Junes (sub 3 ERAs). Hell, Manny gave up a run in only one of his last 15 starts!

Let's not pin all the blame on them. Blame them for tonight, but not for our season.

lil'papi
07-03-2008, 08:24 AM
And FYI, since bosox1899 said that he's sick of seeing Hansen and MDC blow games...

Hansen, prior to tonight, has blown a grand total of one game this year. He has lost two games, but the last one was on May 17th. He's been fine lately, prior to tonight. Manny has blown two games, and lost two games. Both had great Junes (sub 3 ERAs). Hell, Manny gave up a run in only one of his last 15 starts!

Let's not pin all the blame on them. Blame them for tonight, but not for our season.

Are you kidding me? Hansen came in the other night promptly let both inherited runners score. We went from a 9-6 lead to 9-8. No his ERA didn't rise , but he didn't do a thing to stop the bleeding!
Sorry he has been awful. BTW he has lost 3 games.....

Go look at his stats! 21 K's 17 W's..... 5.84 era. Whats fine about that? The guy is a meat head. I am flabbergasted with his stuff vs how he pitches hitters. This guy has unreal stuff but can't throw them over the dish.

Biggest waste of ability we have pitching.

On the bright side we are over extending the BP, no doubt about it.

I believe we will be fine this takes the pressure off. TB isn't the best team , we are. They are 6-6 vs us...we just need a good second half run. We need our lineup back to full strength.
Rays ....have the best record, yes. Best team, not so fast lots of games to play. ;)

knittingmill
07-03-2008, 09:22 AM
we've done a whole lot better without big papi than people expected but it's bound to catch up. crisp has been on a tear and we didn't have him. this is heresy but does ellsbury have any options left? maybe a spell in the minors'd give him a chance to straighten out. van every's been hot. we'll see how timlin does when he returns tonight. we need a veteran presence in the pen. tek is just something we gotta plan for in the future.

RedSoxtober
07-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Varitek's our guy, and while he hasn't been terribly good in the past month, Cash has been even worse. Ellsbury's struggles at the top of the lineup over the past month haven't helped matters either, and when Ortiz comes back, he's likely to boost our offense right back to its best. Kottaras hasn't hit worth anything in AAA, and Brown really hasn't proven anything down there either, so it's tough to imagine they'd be any better up in the majors.

Brown is hitting .274/.375/.832 at PAW while being considered a strong defensive catcher. What does he have to do to '[prove] anything down there'?

lil'papi
07-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Bring him up! Dusty time......

Give Tek a brief sprained ankle or Cash.

captaintek33
07-03-2008, 09:54 AM
The All Star break is coming up soon. Sit V-tek on Sunday before and Thursday after the break, but keep him active. That will give him five consecutive days off while only missing two games. With that, he should be OK, as far as 'rest'.

He'll figure out the hitting part. His brother is a college hitting instructor in Florida. Maybe a phone call to him could help? He may not hit .300 the second half, but .260 is very realistic, and I'll take that.

I'm not worried.

RedSoxtober
07-03-2008, 09:56 AM
The All Star break is coming up soon. Sit V-tek on Sunday before and Thursday after the break, but keep him active. That will give him five consecutive days off while only missing two games. With that, he should be OK, as far as 'rest'.

He'll figure out the hitting part. His brother is a college hitting instructor in Florida. Maybe a phone call to him could help? He may not hit .300 the second half, but .260 is very realistic, and I'll take that.

I'm not worried.

Think it might be time to ditch switch hitting?

moneyball
07-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Boy, I thought you were going to tell me something like the Red Sox decided to activate Timlin and throw him into the rotation.

Why are you saying it like that? The Rays (Not the D-Rays) are a GREAT team. They came out a year earlier than many people thought they would. If this were a year or two ago and we kept losing to them, it'd be a bit different. They have one of (Or the, I forget) the best records in all of baseball for a reason.

The Red Sox are in a difficult stretch right now, that's all. There have been games where the offense has been great, the Bullpen has been great, and the rotation has been great. Unfortunately, right now, our offense has been awful and our pitching (Starting pitching, mainly) has been very good. The worst part is the fact that we're running into other good pitching performances and losing very close games.

We'll be okay. I know it's frustrating, but they'll get through this, get hot, and everyone will be okay. Easy big guy, the Rays a GREAT TEAM? What were the RED SOX last year Supercalifragiliousexpalidousis?

PapelbonLester
07-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Deffently time to ditch the switch hitting. Brown is someone id like to see come up for a few games but i doubt francona will just sit down the captin.

y2shoes
07-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Seeing everyone giving there opinions i know it is the RAYS i live in florida trust me but they were called the DEVIL RAYS they are a good team now but they were awful for so many years and we arent losing to them by 3-5 runs everytime we play them what sucks is we are losing by one or two runs. I mean I dont see any other choice i think we need to bring up some young blood we seem to have some good players in minors and maybe it is a good time to see what some of these kids can do atleast add some excitement to the soxs. THe soxs seem to be going through the motion it was like that vs the Astros are hitting was bad against the rays and now we face a good offensive team in the yankees and if we cant score we arent gonna win. I am just saying maybe giving tek 15 days off isnt a bad thing. Plus can we expect JD Drew to keep it up i mean we all know that he has some awful games and some good games so I guess we will see what happens in July with him.

futureheisman
07-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Max Ramirez

RedSoxRok34
07-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Max Ramirez

last i checked, we have to pry him off the rangers first. any ideas?

QuaLiThADoN
07-03-2008, 08:31 PM
We will b fine!!!