PDA

View Full Version : Favre to be released?

sieracki24
07-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Milwaukee Journal Sentinal reports that Favre has asked to come back but was refused by the Packers. The Packers would be forced to activate Favre from the reserved/retired list and release him if they do not accept him back...

Just a bad situation for everyone...

socalpkrbkr
07-02-2008, 06:00 PM
No chance that Favre gets released and the white haired **** keeps his job. Bottom line.

newdude
07-02-2008, 06:03 PM
No chance that Favre gets released and the white haired **** keeps his job. Bottom line.

I agree. There would be an angry mob of Packer fans waiting for him :rolleyes:

sieracki24
07-02-2008, 06:08 PM
I hope you guys are right...
Honestly though..I believe the Packers really feel like it is time for Rodgers to take over...
Had Favre not retired in the first place, I believe they would have accepted him back without question...that is somewhat obvious...
Now that he has retired, I really feel like they would not welcome him back..at least not without some mixed emotions in the office and locker room..a lot of the players are already really excited about Rodgers as it is.

servais77
07-02-2008, 06:09 PM
I think Teddy is arrogant enough to do that. I see Brett joining the Vikings in that scenario and the Vikings being the best team in football instantly.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 06:13 PM
The Vikings wouldn't even be the best team in the NFC if Favre was playing for them. The Cowboys would still be better.

sieracki24
07-02-2008, 06:14 PM
I think Teddy is arrogant enough to do that. I see Brett joining the Vikings in that scenario and the Vikings being the best team in football instantly.

Totally agree about Thompson being arrogant enough...not that it is entirely bad..he's been a good GM for us...
Please God..not the Vikings..or Bears...Lions at worst..

servais77
07-02-2008, 06:15 PM
The Vikings wouldn't even be the best team in the NFC if Favre was playing for them. The Cowboys would still be better.

I disagree. The Vikings think they are contenders right now with TJack. Put Favre in the comfortable elements of the dome and he would be unstoppable next year.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 06:16 PM

The Packers aren't gonna fire Thompson for getting rid of Favre. Maybe if it backfires and we're 1-15 they would, but not instantly.

servais77
07-02-2008, 06:19 PM
The Packers aren't gonna fire Thompson for getting rid of Favre. Maybe if it backfires and we're 1-15 they would, but not instantly.

We can't fire him. He got a 5 yr deal. Like it or not he is here for a while. If he wants to **** can Favre this year he can do it now.

Soop
07-02-2008, 06:30 PM
It's very possible. You guys have to move on and why go through this whole thing again next year.

I hope you guys are right...
Honestly though..I believe the Packers really feel like it is time for Rodgers to take over...
Had Favre not retired in the first place, I believe they would have accepted him back without question...that is somewhat obvious...
Now that he has retired, I really feel like they would not welcome him back..at least not without some mixed emotions in the office and locker room..a lot of the players are already really excited about Rodgers as it is.
I feel it could divide your team worse than you can imagine.

Totally agree about Thompson being arrogant enough...not that it is entirely bad..he's been a good GM for us...
Please God..not the Vikings..or Bears...Lions at worst..
I wouldn't mind him coming to the Bears. I know some of you think it's impossible he would play for a divisional rival. I think Brett wouldn't mind and what a better way to show the team that didn't accept you back than to play for their rival. It would be an honor to have Brett in a Bears uniform, it could work out both ways. Don't forget Jim Edmonds left the Cardinals and is now a fan favorite in Chicago.

Bears :up:
Vikings :down:
Lions :laugh2:

SamG187
07-02-2008, 06:43 PM
I dont think Favre would be on a revenge mission if he went to a divisional rival..I picture his return to Green Bay playing for another team like when Kevin Garnett went to Boston and came back to Minnesota to a standing ovesion..Don't think it would happen, but I do think if he went to the Vikes they would be the best team in football not just the NFC

Soop
07-02-2008, 06:49 PM
I dont think Favre would be on a revenge mission if he went to a divisional rival..I picture his return to Green Bay playing for another team like when Kevin Garnett went to Boston and came back to Minnesota to a standing ovesion..Don't think it would happen, but I do think if he went to the Vikes they would be the best team in football not just the NFC

Sam, anything is possible. Why not come to the Bears? Can you name another team better to give him a shot at QB as the starter?

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Sam, anything is possible. Why not come to the Bears? Can you name another team better to give him a shot at QB as the starter?

I doubt Brett Favre wants to go from throwing to Donald Driver, Greg Jennings and James Jones to throwing to...Whoever the Bears have.

SamG187
07-02-2008, 06:56 PM

No I know that the Bears would desperately make a move for Brett if he considered it, but so would San Fran, Minne, ATL, KC, a lot of teams would, the reason I dont see it happening for any of those team except MN or maybe San Fran, is the lack of offensive weapons on the team for him, dont get all offensive or n e thing about it, but the bears do have a lot of question marks on offensive for except maybe there line and tight ends

wissportsfan
07-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Packers would be dumb to do that.

SamG187
07-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Packers would be dumb to do that.

I agree, it would go down as the undisputed worst move if he came back for another team like the Vikes and won the super bowl..The greatest franchise in all of sports would be a laughing stock and probly lose that title if it played out like that

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 07:11 PM
tmj 4 has reported that the packers are [B]REFUSING[B] to release favre from his contract

SamG187
07-02-2008, 07:12 PM
tmj 4 has reported that the packers are [B]REFUSING[B] to release favre from his contract

So this might be a stupid question but maybe you can elaborate, that means he's not coming back or that they accept him back?

wwfd1220
they are not gonna release him guys. mm and tt are on vacation and i am sure on there way back to green bay. i would be willing to bet we see them in green bay at a press conference tomorrow (mm,tt, that is) to address this breaking situation

socalpkrbkr

Thanks for the local update. That's the last thing they will do.

wissportsfan

I almost didn't catch that refusing part. I was about to go nuts.

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 07:14 PM
So this might be a stupid question but maybe you can elaborate, that means he's not coming back or that they accept him back?

they will either have to accept him back. or trade him, they would be morons to release him. and they know that. not to mention they would both be hunted down by wisconsinites.

socalpkrbkr
07-02-2008, 07:14 PM

They own Brett and releasing him would allow him to do whatever he wants. Sign somewhere else. It has nothing to do with him playing for the Packers.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Why are some people acting like Favre said he is coming back? Regardless of your stance on it, he has not confirmed this in any way and there's no indication it's gotten past the "itch" stage.

SamG187
07-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Good so all these Bears fan can shut the hell up finally with this wet dream they just had of seeing number 4 with a C on his helmet instead of a G

sieracki24
07-02-2008, 07:34 PM

Well the thing is..they will have to eventually release him if they can't find a trade out there...this is all if they don't wish to have him play..
He is due $12.5 million so they would be wise to do something sooner rather than later...

Soop
07-02-2008, 07:49 PM
I doubt Brett Favre wants to go from throwing to Donald Driver, Greg Jennings and James Jones to throwing to...Whoever the Bears have.

It's better than throwing rocks at beer cans.

SamG187
07-02-2008, 07:53 PM

haha I like that but I think I've seen Budweiser cans make better catches than Marty Booker and Mike Hass

bucksbeat
07-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Let's say Favre did publicly say he was coming back but the Packers didn't want him. You honestly think there is anything other than a 0% chance that the Packers would release him?

First, the Packers would not allow him to go to a Divisional team.
Second, the Packers would not allow him to go to a Conference team.
Third, Even if the Packers got a 7th round draft pick from an AFC team, it beats outright releasing him.

Rtardz
07-02-2008, 08:43 PM
here is the link that states where the Pack refused his release

http://www.madison.com/wsj/blogs/Packers/294432

freaknasty23
07-02-2008, 09:08 PM

yeah but he would be doing it in wranglers so it would all work out

Soop
07-02-2008, 09:45 PM
here is the link that states where the Pack refused his release

http://www.madison.com/wsj/blogs/Packers/294432

:confused:

Packersfan
07-02-2008, 09:56 PM
The article says the packers refused to release him, "An NFL source told the State Journal on Wednesday afternoon that Favre — or agent James "Bus" Cook on his behalf — contacted the Packers "within the past few weeks" about returning, and the conversation ended in him asking the club for his release. The Packers refused."

Soop
07-02-2008, 09:58 PM
three options: Re-activate him, release him or trade him.

Packersfan
07-02-2008, 09:59 PM
^ lol retirement is not an option?

Soop
07-02-2008, 10:02 PM
^ lol retirement is not an option?

It's an option if he didn't want to play but if he did want to play there would be nothing you can do to stop him.

PackAttack09
07-02-2008, 10:35 PM
im sick of this bull crap. if its true i hope he comes back and we trade him for jason taylor so he can head up the ****tiest football team in history which is what he would deserve for pullin this crap. (if its true). if its not i love you brett go pack go!

Soop
07-02-2008, 10:39 PM
im sick of this bull crap. if its true i hope he comes back and we trade him for jason taylor so he can head up the ****tiest football team in history which is what he would deserve for pullin this crap. (if its true). if its not i love you brett go pack go!

No way Taylor/Favre deal would ever happen. If it happens, I'll do a back flip over Shaq on one leg with a Corona in my left hand.

newdude
07-02-2008, 10:50 PM

Wow, I know u might not like the idea of him returning, but my god to wish such a bad thing on someone who poured his all into the Pack for close to two decades is such......wow....:confused:

Brunner
07-03-2008, 01:58 AM
This better all just blow over fast or Favre better come back to the Pack, because if he ever plays for another team I will lose a lot of respect for him. If he thought he'd want to play why didn't he wait to make his damn decision! This bull****!

The Boss
07-03-2008, 09:56 AM
If Brett plays for another team his legacy in Green Bay will certainly be tarnished, I love Brett as much as the next guy, but I love the Packers more, and eventually Green Bay will have to play football w/o him, they can't afford to split the lockerroom and potentially ruin any chance the Packers have at being a strong force in the NFL for years to come.

Personally I think it is just ESPN stirring the pot like they always do, this story probably came frome guy who knows a guy who knows guy who knows a guy.....Brett can't say anything without the media blowing it out of proportion, regardless if he has an "itch" to play, he has been saying all along that when training camp comes around he is going to feel like he wants to play. "has the itch to play" and actually "playing" are completely different and I for one would be completely shocked if Brett makes a comeback

SDteacher
07-03-2008, 10:47 AM
The title of this thread pisses me off.

darkhorse27
07-03-2008, 10:59 AM
we all saw something like this happening...
TT is arrogant and would flat out just release him
I'm also starting to side with Brett retired because Thompson wanted him to..

duncky1188
07-03-2008, 11:03 AM
If Favre comes back I say go right ahead and release him if wants released. He can go to Minnesota and we can **** him up twice a year.

beast
07-03-2008, 11:15 AM

I just want some facts. I know I'm hearing a lot of B.S. because I'm hearing a things that go against each other. But I don't know what's B.S. and what true.

One thing I down right hate, is that the media these days, is full on B.S.

They say, stuff like an unnamed source, an NFL scout, somebody familiar with what's going on.

Well I could be an unnamed source, an NFL scout (I look at college players and see which ones I want the Packers to draft), somebody familiar with what's going on (I am familiar with this, a whole lot of BS, and maybe some truth somewhere).

Since I can't tell what' BS and what's real, I'm going to stay, with what happen before this. Until I hear something from Brett Favre or somebody close to him (like his wife), I'm going to say this is all B.S. until then.

socalpkrbkr
07-03-2008, 11:26 AM
If Favre comes back I say go right ahead and release him if wants released. He can go to Minnesota and we can **** him up twice a year.

Well thank god YOU are NOT the GM of the Packers.:crazy:

duncky1188
07-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Well thank god YOU are NOT the GM of the Packers.:crazy:

This is no longer Favre's team. He retired. He handed the reigns to Rodgers and if he wants to come back he will have to compete for the spot, but he will not want to do that.

Soop
07-03-2008, 01:08 PM
This is no longer Favre's team. He retired. He handed the reigns to Rodgers and if he wants to come back he will have to compete for the spot, but he will not want to do that.

Why would you want him going to the Vikes or the Bears? He would improve either of those teams right away. Also, it would divide the locker room more than you know....for a long time.

wissportsfan
07-03-2008, 01:45 PM
I just want some facts. I know I'm hearing a lot of B.S. because I'm hearing a things that go against each other. But I don't know what's B.S. and what true.

One thing I down right hate, is that the media these days, is full on B.S.

They say, stuff like an unnamed source, an NFL scout, somebody familiar with what's going on.

Well I could be an unnamed source, an NFL scout (I look at college players and see which ones I want the Packers to draft), somebody familiar with what's going on (I am familiar with this, a whole lot of BS, and maybe some truth somewhere).

Since I can't tell what' BS and what's real, I'm going to stay, with what happen before this. Until I hear something from Brett Favre or somebody close to him (like his wife), I'm going to say this is all B.S. until then.

Yeah I agree. The media is full of it and I don't know if Favre just brings it on himself or whatever. He maybe did tell Al Harris that he had an itch to play but that doesn't mean that he wants to come back. All I know is that Favre sent a text message to this guy, I forget his name but they actually gave the guys name, and said that it's all rumors. I'll go by that. I can't see Favre even wanting to play for another team.

servais77
07-03-2008, 02:14 PM

I would love to see an open competition. Hilarious. Most players coming off an MVP season compete for their position the following year.

newdude
07-03-2008, 02:48 PM

Do u honestly believe Rodgers or any other QBs on this team can compete with Favre for the job and actually give him a challenge.:eyebrow:

socalpkrbkr
07-03-2008, 04:13 PM

Brett Favre and not wanting to compete being used in the same sentence. That is by far one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard in my life.

Ryan Diesel
07-03-2008, 05:26 PM
ha ha let Favre come back and compete for the spot. Do you seriously think Rodgers would beat out Favre if there was a competition?? lol

duncky1188
07-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Yes I do. This is now Rodgers team. Favre left and this team is now Rodgers and Rodgers would get the job over Favre.

BADizzleBoY
07-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Favre needs to make up his mind.

servais77
07-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Yes I do. This is now Rodgers team. Favre left and this team is now Rodgers and Rodgers would get the job over Favre.

:laugh:

newdude
07-04-2008, 01:30 AM

Sorry, not meaning to antagonized, but LoL. :eyebrow:
Dude, I believe the majority of the players would choose Favre over Rodgers, especially DD and Jennings and other vets. Second, OMG, but do u really think 16 years as an NFL STARTER and a player regarded as one of if not THE BEST QB in history, coming off a MVP-worthy season, will get beat by someone who haven't even started a game yet?

Major LAWLZ :laugh:

Ryan Diesel
07-04-2008, 01:42 AM
My thing is, I don't think Al Harris would be on NFL Live talking up a Favre comeback unless he knew something maybe we don't know. Maybe he picks Rodgers off like 10 times a practice and knows we're in for a long season unless Favre comes back.

iam brett favre
07-04-2008, 01:57 AM
I wish Favre would call a press conference, or TT. that would clear a lot of things up.