PDA

View Full Version : Miami Preparing a Sign-and-Trade for Brand?

phlp_bj
07-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Elton Brand opted out with the intention of providing the Clippers with enough cap space to sign a high-profile running mate for him. Davis certainly would qualify. But Miami is believed to be preparing a sign-and-trade offer for Brand, recognizing the need to supplement No. 2 overall pick Michael Beasley to appease superstar Dwyane Wade, who can become an unrestricted free agent in 2010.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spnba025749266jul02,0,2266274.story

SwaggaIke
07-02-2008, 05:59 PM
I don't know if this can happen. It would have to be one hell of an offer because the Clippers are trying to do something big w/ Baron and Brand. I hope Riley can pry him away though. Send Marion's *** packin.

Joshtd1
07-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Wade/Beasley/Brand could be a hell of a trio.

Afridi786
07-02-2008, 06:06 PM
y would the clippers do it, and for who? Marion? Maybe if its Marion and Beasley, they'd do it.

superkegger
07-02-2008, 06:06 PM
why would LA trade brand for marion when they just got baron.

kylem4711
07-02-2008, 09:02 PM
why would LA trade brand for marion when they just got baron.

why do you have something clippers if you never post in the clippers forum

AirJordanXVIII
07-02-2008, 09:05 PM
So would Beasley be playing SF??

Doesnt make sense

Wade/Marion/Beasley is more reasonable.

JordansBulls
07-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Not going to happen. They should had done it on draft night.

Iodine
07-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Why would the clipps do this

daleja424
07-02-2008, 09:12 PM
not saying marion is better then brand at all... but marion does fit better with Barons style of playing... doesn't he?

and as for why the clipps would do this... there is only one answer...and that is if brand WANTS to leave...

_Sn1P3r_
07-03-2008, 10:44 AM
This would be a good trade if it's Brand for Marion.

JordansBulls
07-03-2008, 11:13 AM
This would be a good trade if it's Brand for Marion.

Yeah it would have been, but why would it happen now?

unicar15
07-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Is Beasley going to play SF?? I just dont understand that logic of having Beasley, Haslem, and Brand on the team. All of them are PFs and all of them are good enough to start. I guess Brand could be and undersized center so that could be an option. Personally I dont know why the Clips would let Brand go when having him means they have a legit playoff shot.

fishfan79
07-03-2008, 11:37 AM
all up to brand really but I would love it

kntresistheheat
07-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Tuesday was the day that brand could opt out, meaning he has control where he goes! If they did it on draft night he would of not been in control and the clips would of not traded him Get it now????:mad:

Yeah it would have been, but why would it happen now?

kntresistheheat
07-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Thers also a report that the heat are one of the team's that offered maggette a contract for MLE????? Is pat trying to reunite Brand and maggette in miami??:confused:

Lo Porto
07-03-2008, 11:46 AM
unicar15 - the answer is simple. If Miami were to get Brand for Marion somehow, then Miami would turn right around and trade Haslem for Kirk Hinrick. Miami has been looking at Hinrich all along, but they like the value of Haslem right now over Hinrich unless they get someone like Brand who can play center. Chicago needs a big and need to dump Hinrich. Miami wants a PG and would not need Haslem. Riley is not an idiot, and I think he sees the dominoes should Miami pull off getting Brand. Imagine the lineup:

Hinrich
Wade
Ricky Davis (if re-signs), Dorrell Wright, or some other FA pickup
Beasley
Brand

This lineup would be scary for many years. It takes Miami from worst in the league to top 4 in the East. I'm a Jazz fan who could care less about any of these teams, but I do believe I see what Riley is trying to do.

arlubas
07-03-2008, 11:47 AM
The Heat don't really have anything worth trading for in exchange for Brand with the exception of Wade who they won't trade anyway. I don't see why LA would do such a thing for anyone on their roster.

koreancabbage
07-03-2008, 11:47 AM
aren't alot of people, scouts and gms, saying Beasley is going to a 3 in the NBA? he has the quickness but not the height 6'8''? (not saying that his height is restricting him to play the 4) but he has an outside shot and probably a midrange game. He'll get killed in the paint against the NBA calibre big men in there.

theimortalone
07-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Dont see this happening. Brand is gonna resign with LAC.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-03-2008, 12:00 PM
unicar15 - the answer is simple. If Miami were to get Brand for Marion somehow, then Miami would turn right around and trade Haslem for Kirk Hinrick. Miami has been looking at Hinrich all along, but they like the value of Haslem right now over Hinrich unless they get someone like Brand who can play center. Chicago needs a big and need to dump Hinrich. Miami wants a PG and would not need Haslem. Riley is not an idiot, and I think he sees the dominoes should Miami pull off getting Brand. Imagine the lineup:

Hinrich
Wade
Beasley
Brand

This lineup would be scary for many years. It takes Miami from worst in the league to top 4 in the East. I'm a Jazz fan who could care less about any of these teams, but I do believe I see what Riley is trying to do.

Yeah the bulls are gonna jump on that trade. (Sarcastically) We don't need to dump him that bad.

grkmaster
07-03-2008, 12:01 PM
aren't alot of people, scouts and gms, saying Beasley is going to a 3 in the NBA? he has the quickness but not the height 6'8''? (not saying that his height is restricting him to play the 4) but he has an outside shot and probably a midrange game. He'll get killed in the paint against the NBA calibre big men in there.

Yeah I think Beasley is suited at the 3 spot. I think he was listed as 6'7 and is a little undersized at the PF position. So getting Brand doesnt interfere since it would be, PG/Wade/Beasley/Brand/Center

Gmen824
07-03-2008, 12:02 PM
I'd rather have marion then brand.

OaklandsFinest
07-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Realistically theres no shot of Miami landing either guy. Brand will prolly turn down Golden State's offer go back to the Clips to play with dirty *** Baron Davis, and Maggette will go to either the Orlando, San Antonio, or Boston.

Lo Porto
07-03-2008, 12:04 PM
If Brand would rather go to Miami, the only scenario is sign and trade for both Marion and Brand. If I was the Clippers, I would rather see Marion come in from Brand than just see Brand leave to Golden State or elsewhere for nothing.

Marion would be great for the Clippers where they would have Baron at the point, Kaman in the post and Marion doing a bit of everything. The team would be much better than last year. Imagine L.A. with only Baron, Thornton and Kaman - looks bleak...

I think Brand re-signs with L.A., but I could also see a deal. I just don't want to see Brand or Arenas go to the Warriors because I want to see Nellie trade for Andrei Kirilenko to take him off Utah's salary cap.

Lo Porto
07-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Pierzynski4Prez - The Bulls would take Haslem and a small expiring contract for Hinrich every day of the week. Hinrich has 4 years and $40 million left on his deal. Haslem has 2 years and $14. The Bulls need to give this team to Rose and they could use more in the post. Paxson does it and doesn't even think twice...

king4day
07-03-2008, 12:10 PM
No Doubt Beasley would be part of this.
Wasn't the original potential deal Marion/2 for Brand/7?
I see no reason that would change now. And if I'm Baron, I'm pretty content with the possibilities.

certificial
07-03-2008, 12:11 PM
brand for marion would be nice for clips. they would be able to run a nice uptempo style. BD and Matrix would do great together. Miami has coveted Brand and vice versa so maybe it would be nice for both sides. I would just hate to see Shawn in the pacific not wearing purple and orange.

Lo Porto
07-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Brand probably goes back to L.A., Gilbert goes back to Washington, Josh Smith goes to Philly or back to Atlanta, and Okafor stays in Charlotte.

Maggette goes to Utah and AK gets traded to Golden State.

Maggette might go to the Spurs, but I'm sure even he hates the Spurs or at least I hope he does. Did you hear that, Tim Duncan is going to the free throw line again.

Beasley'sBeauty
07-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Riles should be using all his energy in finding a veteran point guard who can mesh all these personalities and playing styles. SuperMario needs to learn from someone or else he could end up like Dorell Wright!

ackar
07-03-2008, 12:20 PM
If Clippers do not want to do the sign and trade. Brand can sign with Miami for the MLE and Clippers get nothing it would be smart of the Clippers to get something for Brand since he is an unrestricted free agent.

That of course if Brand truly wants to leave.

IndiansFan337
07-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Marion would probably fit better with Baron Davis than Brand anyway....So maybe that trade wouldn't be so bad. The only problem is that the LAC would be acquiring a player that could bolt after merely one year in LA. And they may not be willing to do that.

lavell12
07-03-2008, 01:03 PM
the clippers would do it to get talent back b/c Brand may just leave the Clippers all together.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-03-2008, 01:15 PM
it would take more than marion to take him away from the clippers.

WillisLovechild
07-03-2008, 01:20 PM
not gonna happen. it would be marion and other stuff going to clipps, and they don't need marion with thornton there.

kntresistheheat
07-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Uh, Marion is way better than thorton buddy:rolleyes:

not gonna happen. it would be marion and other stuff going to clipps, and they don't need marion with thornton there.

LA_cabals
07-03-2008, 01:27 PM
I don't see why the Clippers would do this. Marion wants a contract extension equal to if not more than what he's is making now, 17 mil. Brand opted out to resign a new contract for near 13 mil.

kntresistheheat
07-03-2008, 01:33 PM
The clipp's rather get something than nothing, And marion would just be a rental for this year and he would be off the books next year so they can go for the big free agent's 09-10 like lebron, bosh, kobe, wade, and so on!

I don't see why the Clippers would do this. Marion wants a contract extension equal to if not more than what he's is making now, 17 mil. Brand opted out to resign a new contract for near 13 mil.

arlubas
07-03-2008, 01:49 PM
I'd rather have marion then brand.

I think I might use that one in the future. Good one mate!

kntresistheheat
07-03-2008, 01:52 PM
The clipp's rather get something than nothing, And marion would just be a rental for this year and he would be off the books next year so they can go for the big free agent's 09-10 like lebron, bosh, kobe, wade, and so on!

PRETTY BIRD
07-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Crazy!

WillisLovechild
07-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Uh, Marion is way better than thorton buddy:rolleyes:

ru really that dumb? where did i say thornton is better than marion? they play the same position you idiot.

JordansBulls
07-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Brand would probably only go to Miami if Wade and Marion are still there?

BigDaddyKaine
07-03-2008, 03:58 PM
not saying marion is better then brand at all... but marion does fit better with Barons style of playing... doesn't he?

and as for why the clipps would do this... there is only one answer...and that is if brand WANTS to leave...

If he wants to leave the clipps he can sign with another team

MiamiHeatMafia
07-03-2008, 04:01 PM
As much as I want it to happen it's not going to.

TheNewbster
07-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Er, Miami fans can dream, but this won't happen...

The Clippers did as Brand hoped, so he'll almost for surely resign. If not, Golden State is throwing max contract at him. If he wants to go to Florida he'd have already made that intention clear to the Clippers a LONG time ago and not suddenly spring on them "yea, that was a nice signing of B-Diddy like I requested, but on second thought, no, I want to be traded now cause I like Wade over my buddy B-Diddy"

But just to humor this situation anyways, this trade wouldn't go down cause the Clippers already have a SF in Thorton and I don't think Marion would be a good PF in the Western Conference at the pace things are stacking up on other teams...Hence the Clippers would of course demand Beasley, but to make contracts work out, want Marion. No Miami fans, kill tha thought of "oh we'll give you random contracts (Haslem & co.) + Beasley + draft picks". The Clippers would demand Marion and Beasley for Brand, and Miami wouldn't (shouldn't) do that deal. Miami is in the perfect situation right now already; the draft got you exactly what you wanted, a PG in Chalmers, and a stud at PF in Beasley at "discount" of rookie contract. Why go out to spend 15 million or so on a dood at PF? Plus Marion is final year of contract, meaning he'll play hard. Miami will compete as is. It's stupid for either side to consider this deal.

TheNewbster
07-03-2008, 04:18 PM
If Clippers do not want to do the sign and trade. Brand can sign with Miami for the MLE and Clippers get nothing it would be smart of the Clippers to get something for Brand since he is an unrestricted free agent.

That of course if Brand truly wants to leave.

Eh, even if Brand wants to leave he isn't stupid. MLE...are you serious... to take a pay cut from 17+ to 13+ million is honorable.. to go from 17+ to 6ish is just stupid. While you're at it, why doesn't Wade do the "honorable" thing too for the sake of winning, and restructure his contract to make 5 million a piece too and let's all sign all-star players at all positions at 5 million a piece.. As much as that would be heart-warming, the answer is no. In fact, money is very much of concern for Brand. Hence why he still hasn't made it official he'll resign with the Clips at that 13.5 range cause Golden State is offering him the max, that would equate to 20 million more than the Clippers can. Seriously now...

Jay22Redd
07-03-2008, 04:22 PM
I honestly believe that Elton Brand isnt going anywhere.

dre1990
07-03-2008, 04:34 PM
wont happen

BullySixChicago
07-03-2008, 04:38 PM

Hinrich
Wade
Beasley
Brand

This lineup would be scary for many years. It takes Miami from worst in the league to top 4 in the East. I'm a Jazz fan who could care less about any of these teams, but I do believe I see what Riley is trying to do.what makes you think the Bulls would trade for haslem? Bulls dont need haslem? in fact what would haslem be on the Bulls we have a team full of people that play the same position and you question if pat is a idiot or not you must think Paxton is to make that trade, Your idea thoughts mak me believe that you are a heat fan if you are why and for what reason would the Bulls even trade for haslem? please dont tell me he is a low post scorer if he were hell you and the heat would not be crying for brand. It just amazes me did you put any thought into this statement? First tell me what advantage would it be for the Bulls acquiring Haslem? Brand can play center man do you know anything about brand? he cant play center you are just homering i mean serioulsy homering with this statement
a 6'8 center lol you need to leave that shiiit alone whatever it is

BullySixChicago
07-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Pierzynski4Prez - The Bulls would take Haslem and a small expiring contract for Hinrich every day of the week. Hinrich has 4 years and $40 million left on his deal. Haslem has 2 years and $14. The Bulls need to give this team to Rose and they could use more in the post. Paxson does it and doesn't even think twice...you are tripping

BullySixChicago
07-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Eh, even if Brand wants to leave he isn't stupid. MLE...are you serious... to take a pay cut from 17+ to 13+ million is honorable.. to go from 17+ to 6ish is just stupid. While you're at it, why doesn't Wade do the "honorable" thing too for the sake of winning, and restructure his contract to make 5 million a piece too and let's all sign all-star players at all positions at 5 million a piece.. As much as that would be heart-warming, the answer is no. In fact, money is very much of concern for Brand. Hence why he still hasn't made it official he'll resign with the Clips at that 13.5 range cause Golden State is offering him the max, that would equate to 20 million more than the Clippers can. Seriously now...thank you for explaining this some people think that a player is not considering money when deals are made. Trying to explain to clucks makes it difficult for them to respond you have made it clear crystal clear yet they wont understand

nolin
07-03-2008, 04:49 PM
This like 98.3% of all other rumors is not gonna happen. Davis signed with the clipps because brand is staying.

fishfan79
07-03-2008, 05:33 PM
This like 98.3% of all other rumors is not gonna happen. Davis signed with the clipps because brand is staying.

785% of all percentages are made up :D

As are rumors on PSD though too :cool: