PDA

View Full Version : What's going on here?????

kntresistheheat
07-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Why are the heat not making any noise?, Brand got an offer from golden state Josh smith is visiting the 76rs, Telfair and duhon is getting offer's from knicks and Diop got an offer that he cant refuse! My point is were involved in all these rumors and nothing is happening....Riley is just going to sit back and wait to see what's going to happend then get left over's like for a player like Lue? What's your guys opinion and what you think realisticly might happend as far as FA????:confused::confused:

maxima2k53
07-02-2008, 05:55 PM
i think we just got to wait...u know riley is always quiet about this stuff...let's just c wut happens..and remember its not like our opinion matters to the heat..w.e they do we cant do **** about

Master Mind
07-02-2008, 05:57 PM
i think we just got to wait...u know riley is always quiet about this stuff...let's just c wut happens..and remember its not like our opinion matters to the heat..w.e they do we cant do **** about

Nicely said...

HeatBBall
07-02-2008, 05:57 PM
supposedly the heat are preparing an offer for Brand, which I would love to have on the Heat team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Heat-preparing-offer-for-Brand-to-appease-Wade-?urn=nba,91629

maxima2k53
07-02-2008, 06:00 PM
supposedly the heat are preparing an offer for Brand, which I would love to have on the Heat team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Heat-preparing-offer-for-Brand-to-appease-Wade-?urn=nba,91629

Nicely said...

we'll c wut happens bc even though we're offering him...i doubt he'll come bc he just got baron as his teammate now..so we'll c in these couple days wut happens

Mambo Kings
07-02-2008, 06:09 PM
I hate to admit it, but I think Riles is eyeballing 2009 and 2010 as the big FA years. He may or may not shoot an offer towards Brand, as a result.

noturnormalhero
07-02-2008, 06:15 PM
riley has a certain $ sign he wants to offer these players and players are gettin bigger offers then he wants to spend right now. some of these players are lookin for long term deals..which he already publicly stated is not gonna happen. which is why i'm not surprised of any chatter about the Heat going after Brand like everyone THINKS they are. writers in miami and yahoo speculate. when ish hits espn, it's real to me lol. i've yet to see anything on espn about the heat offering him anything. GS state was just mentioned now for offering him money, nothing about the heat.

kntresistheheat
07-02-2008, 06:31 PM
I guess the only good thing about this is that riley and brand have the up most respect for each other and brand has already has said that the only team he would do a cut is with miami!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

kntresistheheat
07-02-2008, 06:33 PM
That's what this forum is for to put in your opinion's and input, and any ideas!

king j.a.l.
07-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Why are the heat not making any noise?, Brand got an offer from golden state Josh smith is visiting the 76rs, Telfair and duhon is getting offer's from knicks and Diop got an offer that he cant refuse! My point is were involved in all these rumors and nothing is happening....Riley is just going to sit back and wait to see what's going to happend then get left over's like for a player like Lue? What's your guys opinion and what you think realisticly might happend as far as FA????

Here we go again with everybody crying about why riley ain't going after this person that person or anybody else. People he has already said that he's looking 4 bargains so don't start talking about he's doing what he did last year. This retooling that rileys doing is going to take more than 1 offseason.

If they spend their money on some of these lesser FA now when all the big boys come out ur going 2 want 2 no y we can't get them.

be patient riley knows what he's doing it's going to take time.

yboord028
07-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Did anybody know about both Shaq trades ahead of time? No, its just how the Heat conduct business you never know what they are doing, something is sure to happen. Because I can see Riley leaving the team as it is.

dimgim
07-02-2008, 08:51 PM
I think it's the calm before the storm...I personally think a trade for Haslem is in the works with Orlando cuz it just doesn't make sense to keep him on the roster with Beasley. Outside of that I think the only players that'll likely be signed are James Jones (100% sure he'll end up back home in south beach) and its looking more and more like Telfair is the PG that's been targeted.

daleja424
07-02-2008, 08:53 PM
I think it's the calm before the storm...I personally think a trade for Haslem is in the works with Orlando cuz it just doesn't make sense to keep him on the roster with Beasley. Outside of that I think the only players that'll likely be signed are James Jones (100% sure he'll end up back home in south beach) and its looking more and more like Telfair is the PG that's been targeted.

I dont think they are gunna get another PG unless a big name shakes free... they are already paying at least 3 young PG's... why add another? Maybe haslem for nelson or something like that... but that whole haslem for reddick crap sucks. I also dont see where James Jones would play for us? We need to go get a couple cheap young bigs...

noturnormalhero
07-02-2008, 08:55 PM
lol @ haslem for reddick. pass. we have cook as our shooter. wonder how much we'll see of him this year coming off the bench...ha

JackSplack
07-02-2008, 10:42 PM
I remember the same headlines from last year..."Riley waiting"..."Heat looking for bargains"...

This is the kind of nonsense that let Mo Williams slip away last year and the same nonesense that left us with the great hope Smush Parker.

The team as it is is not a contender. We need a center and we need a guard. I heard on Hoopshype that we may be interested in Ellis in a sign and trade that'd involve Marion. If the Warriors don't sign Brand or Arenas, they may go the route of gutting the team, in which case a huge expiring contract like Marion would come in real handy.

Maybe we can get Biedrens in the deal too, maybe Pietrus...

twissst89
07-02-2008, 11:05 PM
I remember the same headlines from last year..."Riley waiting"..."Heat looking for bargains"...

This is the kind of nonsense that let Mo Williams slip away last year and the same nonesense that left us with the great hope Smush Parker.

The team as it is is not a contender. We need a center and we need a guard. I heard on Hoopshype that we may be interested in Ellis in a sign and trade that'd involve Marion. If the Warriors don't sign Brand or Arenas, they may go the route of gutting the team, in which case a huge expiring contract like Marion would come in real handy.

I keep hearing Ellis possibilities too. Were not contending next year and Marion isnt part of the future cus of the money he wants and cus of his age so we shud try to get sum future talent for him. Even if its Sean Williams its sumone who will help for the future. Hopefully Ellis doesnt get good money from Golden State so he cud ask for a sign and trade. We cud give them Marion and a sign and trade with Williams if they want. Id even do Ellis for Marion and Haslem.

kntresistheheat
07-02-2008, 11:07 PM
And this is what I ment (WHY?) The heat and riley is always on this waiting game and we let loose players and we end up with players like Smush! I just want the heat to get another player because with this roster we wont make it? And forget about it would take more than one year to rebuild, that's all we have is one yr because wade is a FA in 09-10 season and if there's players that are wanting to come now and there's great available players now take'em now!:mad:

king j.a.l.
07-03-2008, 12:36 AM

will u guys please get off the edge of the cliff. u guys want him to jump on anything that moves in fa. i wish u all would show a little faith in pat he has build this team up 2 other times b4 this. 1 team won the title and the other went 2 the ECF. so he knows how 2 build a team. the only difference btween this team and the title team is that he's trying 2 build a team that will last and bring possibly a # of titles 2 the MIA instead of a quick fix like the last 1. look at the spurs they have won 4 titles in 8 or 9 years and u never see them trying 2 bring in big time FA every summer like the way u people want the heat 2 do. no all they do is sit back and add quality 2 there team. and it's going on 10yrs now that they have been in contention 4 a title. thars what pats trying 2 do.

JackSplack
07-03-2008, 01:18 AM
Riles can coach...he's got rings to prove it, even if most of them are 20yrs old. But personnel-wise...?? He gets a lot of credit for bringing us the championship, and bringing shaq was the big move. But the team we had before J-will/Walker/Posey(and i dig posey and am a UF grad down with white chocolat) was 2minutes and a D-Wade injury away from getting to the finals, aond once there D-Wade could dominate like no ones seen since Jordan. This team had a better playoff record than the championship year and a better season record than the championship year. It had a solid mix of verterans, rising superstars, and young potential being developed. keep that same team, and healthy we seriously contend or win the following year, and contend the next couple years after without a Major overhaul. Instead Riles brought in guys who'd only play for one year well together and then fall apart in a historical fashion (how much did we lose to the bulls by on our ring ceremony opener...40ish? Demolished by the same "mediocre to decent" team in the playoffs). To remedy the situation, he brings in Blount/Ricky "buckets" Davis/Smush Parker/ and Anfernee Hardaway bringing in the worst season since the inception of this team. Wade was Rile's 3rd option in that great 2003 draft behind Bosh and even Kamen and Hinrich!! I heard on 790theticket that he had to be convinced to take Beasley as well. I'm not saying he's a senile old man which the game has passed by, i'm just saying I don't have a lot of faith in his personnel moves, and neither should you all. This town has a habit of letting coaches cruise and making excuses for them and their personnel moves (Shula and the running game anyone).

kntresistheheat
07-03-2008, 01:31 AM
You have a point!:clap::clap::clap:

Riles can coach...he's got rings to prove it, even if most of them are 20yrs old. But personnel-wise...?? He gets a lot of credit for bringing us the championship, and bringing shaq was the big move. But the team we had before J-will/Walker/Posey(and i dig posey and am a UF grad down with white chocolat) was 2minutes and a D-Wade injury away from getting to the finals, aond once there D-Wade could dominate like no ones seen since Jordan. This team had a better playoff record than the championship year and a better season record than the championship year. It had a solid mix of verterans, rising superstars, and young potential being developed. keep that same team, and healthy we seriously contend or win the following year, and contend the next couple years after without a Major overhaul. Instead Riles brought in guys who'd only play for one year well together and then fall apart in a historical fashion (how much did we lose to the bulls by on our ring ceremony opener...40ish? Demolished by the same "mediocre to decent" team in the playoffs). To remedy the situation, he brings in Blount/Ricky "buckets" Davis/Smush Parker/ and Anfernee Hardaway bringing in the worst season since the inception of this team. Wade was Rile's 3rd option in that great 2003 draft behind Bosh and even Kamen and Hinrich!! I heard on 790theticket that he had to be convinced to take Beasley as well. I'm not saying he's a senile old man which the game has passed by, i'm just saying I don't have a lot of faith in his personnel moves, and neither should you all. This town has a habit of letting coaches cruise and making excuses for them and their personnel moves (Shula and the running game anyone).

noturnormalhero
07-03-2008, 06:34 AM

this is all obvious and whoever hasnt seen that then yeah. i mean Riley is the president of the team so he is given the dice to roll. sometimes he gambles and yeah, when you gamble..there is a 50 50 chance of success. His moves are "questionable"..depends on who u ask. Some hate on him for leaving toward the end of the season to scout player yet some think it was a bold but brave move since he is the team president as well. Some people hate on him because of what he did to Van Gundy, and some say it was right because Riley has the playoff experiecne. Look at the draft now, he was hesistant about Beasley and we all thought he was crazy but look at the situation now. Brand is a free agent. Maybe he did know something or maybe he did roll the dice right. we could have had a mayo,wade,marion,brand lineup or a chalmers/wade/marion/brand/lopez lineup. depends on how you feel towards the players in the draft, his decision to be iffy on beasley is a good or bad idea. we could prolly judge his decision after the season, not fully right now.

dimgim
07-03-2008, 07:27 AM
People here keep saying Miami is done signing at the PG spot...but every article I've seen since the drafting of Chalmers has Riley and Spo saying that position still needs upgrades this offseason so I don't believe they are done there. And someone asked where James Jones fits in...he's another shooter which is what Riley keeps saying he needs and he couldn't be more right. Besides Miami probably losses Davis so thats where Jones fits...in his spot despite the ONE shooter Miami has in Cook (who probably gets packaged with Haslem).

Why do folks want to trade Marion...he's an all star with a contract that comes off the books after next season allowing Miami some cap space. He also fits well with Wade and Beasley...oh yeah and he can defend.

daleja424
07-03-2008, 07:56 AM
People here keep saying Miami is done signing at the PG spot...but every article I've seen since the drafting of Chalmers has Riley and Spo saying that position still needs upgrades this offseason so I don't believe they are done there. And someone asked where James Jones fits in...he's another shooter which is what Riley keeps saying he needs and he couldn't be more right. Besides Miami probably losses Davis so thats where Jones fits...in his spot despite the ONE shooter Miami has in Cook (who probably gets packaged with Haslem).

Why do folks want to trade Marion...he's an all star with a contract that comes off the books after next season allowing Miami some cap space. He also fits well with Wade and Beasley...oh yeah and he can defend.

Davis was number 1 or 2 on the depth chart at SF to start the year. Then wright got hurt. So he became a starter. Then we got Marion and he became the bench guy again b/c dorell was still hurt. Next year, if wright and marion are healthy then Davis would be the third string SF, as would james jones if we sign him. I don't see why we would waste money on a third string SF when we have two major holes in our STARTING LINEUP...

noturnormalhero
07-03-2008, 09:02 AM
Davis was number 1 or 2 on the depth chart at SF to start the year. Then wright got hurt. So he became a starter. Then we got Marion and he became the bench guy again b/c dorell was still hurt. Next year, if wright and marion are healthy then Davis would be the third string SF, as would james jones if we sign him. I don't see why we would waste money on a third string SF when we have two major holes in our STARTING LINEUP...

exactly. i hate how u come on earlier than me cuz u say things i would have said before i can lol. Marion to me isnt part of the long term plan for the Heat. If he was, there would be no speculating over Brand/Boozer/Bosh. Beasley was drafted # 2. He's staying, whether Riley likes him 100% or not, the owners wanted him and they are already marketing him and fans are wanting to see him, he's not going anywhere. Unless they plan on putting their # 2 draft pick as a backup, Marion must be on the way out before next year. Marion personally, should be on a contender..not a rebuilding team (even though yes, it's nice to have vets too). Marion would be a good fit in GS. I suggested that months ago with the Bdizzle trade which obviously cant happen now. Signing Pietrus still worries me now, cuz again.. Haslem would back up, wright would be back up at the SF. Pietrus would what? Take over Wright's 2nd string? and another season of him on the bench collecting dust and us fans here critiquing the man when he will average like 4-7 min a game? The big picture is '09 and '10. People say they understand that YET are complaining about the lack of BIG splash this offseason.

dimgim
07-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Neither one of you are making any sense...just read a few articles Pat has been qouted on since the draft ended. He still wants Ricky buckets back becuase of his SWING potential and ability to shoot the three. James Jones is the same type of player but cheaper that can play the two or three and hit the three. Depth people that's clearly what Riley is talking about...are you saying Cook is the only shooter and back up to Wade. And all of you do realize Wright is out there listening to offers...watch what's going down in LA with the Clippers I have a feeling they could take a look at Wright if they loose Maggette.

And um Dalega424 you say Miami still has two major holes in the starting lineup but aren't you the same person that says Miami isn't going to sign another PG...? Anyway personally I think if Miami did nothing else in trades or free agency besides do whatever it took to get Biedrins then this would be a playoff team next season...without a doubt even with the mess at PG.

JackSplack
07-03-2008, 12:21 PM
All this talk about 2010!! This is talk teams like the Nets and the Grizz deal with because they don't have one of the coveted players available that year...WE DO!!! Our strategy shouldn't be "Hey, lets waste D-wade now and the next season so we can TRY to get another elite free agent in 2010." We already have one! We should make a strong effort to CONTEND with the one we have, not just sqeeze into the playoffs and get eliminated hoping to get cap space in the future. This doesn't mean make rash crazy moves like sign Arenas to $124mil or Brand to $90mil, but it does mean Actively seeking to make legitimate moves to make our team stronger NOW. If Riley's strategy is to stand pat(punny, i know) and pick up the scraps liek he did last year putting all are eggs into the 2010 basket, then it's a bad strategy, plain and simple. Last time I checked, the last two championship teams in the NBA didn't have D-wade, Lebron, Melo, Bosh, or Amare on them, so stop putting all our hopes on them to win at some time in the future and start trying to win now! When healthy, we have a TOP 3 player in the NBA in his PRIME! It is inexcusable that we don't at least try to Contend every year he is here!!!

kntresistheheat
07-03-2008, 12:30 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

All this talk about 2010!! This is talk teams like the Nets and the Grizz deal with because they don't have one of the coveted players available that year...WE DO!!! Our strategy shouldn't be "Hey, lets waste D-wade now and the next season so we can TRY to get another elite free agent in 2010." We already have one! We should make a strong effort to CONTEND with the one we have, not just sqeeze into the playoffs and get eliminated hoping to get cap space in the future. This doesn't mean make rash crazy moves like sign Arenas to $124mil or Brand to $90mil, but it does mean Actively seeking to make legitimate moves to make our team stronger NOW. If Riley's strategy is to stand pat(punny, i know) and pick up the scraps liek he did last year putting all are eggs into the 2010 basket, then it's a bad strategy, plain and simple. Last time I checked, the last two championship teams in the NBA didn't have D-wade, Lebron, Melo, Bosh, or Amare on them, so stop putting all our hopes on them to win at some time in the future and start trying to win now! When healthy, we have a TOP 3 player in the NBA in his PRIME! It is inexcusable that we don't at least try to Contend every year he is here!!!

noturnormalhero
07-03-2008, 12:39 PM

you're looking at things from a smaller window and yeah...last champions had duncan and garnett so whats ur point? waiting for 2010 is looking into the future and taking the necessary steps in having money set for wade and money for big name free agents. which is why i've said, i wouldnt mind trading marion for young talent and a draft pick or 2. we have wade and beasley. we are building around that. we have a NEW coach. u cant expect miracles in the very first year of a new NBA coach. right now we are attempting to fix the problems we got ourselves into. takes time unfortunately. our cap space right now isnt too big which is exactly why we are trying to sign these players to 1-2 year deals. u guys want like top elite players right now but how? as denzel said.."this is ***** is chess not checkers". no matter what a team president does, someone will hate on him. we won a title 2 years ago..people here seem impatient as if we were memphis fans or something lol. we are building for the future, not like the Mavs who try to build for the present.

daleja424
07-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Neither one of you are making any sense...just read a few articles Pat has been qouted on since the draft ended. He still wants Ricky buckets back becuase of his SWING potential and ability to shoot the three. James Jones is the same type of player but cheaper that can play the two or three and hit the three. Depth people that's clearly what Riley is talking about...are you saying Cook is the only shooter and back up to Wade. And all of you do realize Wright is out there listening to offers...watch what's going down in LA with the Clippers I have a feeling they could take a look at Wright if they loose Maggette.

And um Dalega424 you say Miami still has two major holes in the starting lineup but aren't you the same person that says Miami isn't going to sign another PG...? Anyway personally I think if Miami did nothing else in trades or free agency besides do whatever it took to get Biedrins then this would be a playoff team next season...without a doubt even with the mess at PG.

I dont think I said that we wont sign another PG. I am pretty sure I have said that we shouldn't sign another PG...and its for the same reason. We already have multiple players on the roster that can play that position. If we spend any money this summer it needs to be on power players... That doesnt mean I dont think they will sign other positions... but it means that i dont think they should...

King Koopa
07-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Why are the heat not making any noise?, Brand got an offer from golden state Josh smith is visiting the 76rs, Telfair and duhon is getting offer's from knicks and Diop got an offer that he cant refuse! My point is were involved in all these rumors and nothing is happening....Riley is just going to sit back and wait to see what's going to happend then get left over's like for a player like Lue? What's your guys opinion and what you think realisticly might happend as far as FA????:confused::confused:

Bro come on why are you hating on riley now again, you expect him to pull off a Blount for kobe trade or something come on, He got use 2 young studs in Beasley and Mario. What esle can you want. I really dont mind if we dont sign anyone in F/A. The only person i really want is Telfair or Jones.

sergiogon
07-03-2008, 02:45 PM
yes telfair and jones

JackSplack
07-03-2008, 03:19 PM
It doesn't bother any of you that we have not a good player, but a Great, Potential alltime Great player and we're comfortable with not being competitive for a whole three or four years after we up and won a championship? Riley should have never kept the champoinship team together, that was proved on it's own in the two seasons since our moment of glory. We could have traded Walker straight up for Maggette after the championship and he turned it down. Could you believe the Bulls not being competitive for literally years after jordan one his first, or second championship? The lakers were in a similar situation after shaq left for not surrounding kobe with the talent needed to be a conteder again. It took them how many years now to get him some real help? And when they did...BAM, Contender. Yeah there were injuries, but if wade had had more help around him, maybe he wouldn't have pushed himself and gotten injured in the first place. Shoot, Kobe got injured too after shaq left and he's back in form and has a great surrounding caste to work with. Wade is the kinda player you build multiple championships, maybe even dynasties around...I don't see how making a play for help now is not thinking of the future. It's not like im saying we should get a bunch of 34yr old guys to win only one more title next year and then fall apart again. You all know the saying a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush? It means don't sacrifice a promising present in the hopes of a potentially better future, and it's good advice for this team.

Or hey, we can go and sign a cheap luke ridenour and stash our money away hoping and praying for lebron or amare or bosh even though every team in the league'll be trying to get them. Maybe Riley'll sell them the south beach lifestyle to get them here, cuz that's worked sooo well in the paste with players we actually want. Its not like the two NY teams won't have cash and status to lure these players, and at least one of them won't mind going over the luxury tax if that's what it takes. Will we?

noturnormalhero
07-03-2008, 03:59 PM
It doesn't bother any of you that we have not a good player, but a Great, Potential alltime Great player and we're comfortable with not being competitive for a whole three or four years after we up and won a championship? Riley should have never kept the champoinship team together, that was proved on it's own in the two seasons since our moment of glory. We could have traded Walker straight up for Maggette after the championship and he turned it down. Could you believe the Bulls not being competitive for literally years after jordan one his first, or second championship? The lakers were in a similar situation after shaq left for not surrounding kobe with the talent needed to be a conteder again. It took them how many years now to get him some real help? And when they did...BAM, Contender. Yeah there were injuries, but if wade had had more help around him, maybe he wouldn't have pushed himself and gotten injured in the first place. Shoot, Kobe got injured too after shaq left and he's back in form and has a great surrounding caste to work with. Wade is the kinda player you build multiple championships, maybe even dynasties around...I don't see how making a play for help now is not thinking of the future. It's not like im saying we should get a bunch of 34yr old guys to win only one more title next year and then fall apart again. You all know the saying a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush? It means don't sacrifice a promising present in the hopes of a potentially better future, and it's good advice for this team.

Or hey, we can go and sign a cheap luke ridenour and stash our money away hoping and praying for lebron or amare or bosh even though every team in the league'll be trying to get them. Maybe Riley'll sell them the south beach lifestyle to get them here, cuz that's worked sooo well in the paste with players we actually want. Its not like the two NY teams won't have cash and status to lure these players, and at least one of them won't mind going over the luxury tax if that's what it takes. Will we?

so what do you suggest we do since you make it seem like we should take action now? last time we panicked and tried making sudden moves we gave up a first round pick for blount/davis pretty much. we'd have to throw something noticeable and eye catching to teams if we want to even consider putting banks/blount in that same package. there is not much we could do right now. we are restrained because of the cap room we have. even if he do trade haslem as everyone keeps saying because he's one of the few
trading pieces we have that's worth it. that leaves us with what on the bench? Heat offer 1-2 years, teams offer 3..we're done. 2010 isnt just about bout obtaining big name players, it gives us more space and oppurtunity to put pieces together.

JackSplack
07-03-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm not a GM and as we all know, a lot of stuff goes on behind the scenes with all teams that we aren't privy to till it hits the wires...but off the top of my head, how bout something like this...

Trade Haslem and another small piece prospect like Cook for Artest, maybe throw in a future pick to make it nice. Then, if Brand doesn't sign with the warriors, trade marion over there for Ellis and Biedrens. is ellis overrated? Don't care. Even if he doesn't work out here he's 23yrs old and his contract will be tradeble in the future. Is he not a true pg but a combo...probably...but so was OJ mayo and a lot of folks wanted to try to get him on this team. For that matter, so is Hinrich kinda too.

Ellis/Wade/Artest/Beasley/Biedrens

Offensively, that spreads the floor very nicely...Ellis with his superb midrange shot, Wade who can cut to the basket, Artest who hits the threes with ease, and beasely who can score from anywhere even the post.
Defensively, we do have Artest who's a beast, Chalmers who is a good guard defender
Beasley, who has the body and athletisicm to pick up Pat Riley defense

It's a young team, but several of the young players have been consistently developing in the league for years. It has veteran help for wade from a very very good player(slightly crazy, but hey). It has a bench with potential in chalmers and wright. If we could move Banks and Blount, that'd be great, but it's unlikely so this gives us a solid team with great upside while still keeping their contracts. Plus, in this system blounts mid-range shot will come in handy (even if he has no defense), as will bank's 3point stroke and big build). Wade has said he doesn't want to be a part of a rebuilding project, this gives him a good mix of youth, veteran skill, and potential. Im not saying this is the answer, or it even can happen, i'm just saying Riley should be working, Actively working (ie not Waiting around for bargains that no one else wants), to see if deals like this can be made.

Master Mind
07-03-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm not a GM and as we all know, a lot of stuff goes on behind the scenes with all teams that we aren't privy to till it hits the wires...but off the top of my head, how bout something like this...

Trade Haslem and another small piece prospect like Cook for Artest, maybe throw in a future pick to make it nice. Then, if Brand doesn't sign with the warriors, trade marion over there for Ellis and Biedrens. is ellis overrated? Don't care. Even if he doesn't work out here he's 23yrs old and his contract will be tradeble in the future. Is he not a true pg but a combo...probably...but so was OJ mayo and a lot of folks wanted to try to get him on this team. For that matter, so is Hinrich kinda too.

Ellis/Wade/Artest/Beasley/Biedrens

Offensively, that spreads the floor very nicely...Ellis with his superb midrange shot, Wade who can cut to the basket, Artest who hits the threes with ease, and beasely who can score from anywhere even the post.
Defensively, we do have Artest who's a beast, Chalmers who is a good guard defender
Beasley, who has the body and athletisicm to pick up Pat Riley defense

It's a young team, but several of the young players have been consistently developing in the league for years. It has veteran help for wade from a very very good player(slightly crazy, but hey). It has a bench with potential in chalmers and wright. If we could move Banks and Blount, that'd be great, but it's unlikely so this gives us a solid team with great upside while still keeping their contracts. Plus, in this system blounts mid-range shot will come in handy (even if he has no defense), as will bank's 3point stroke and big build). Wade has said he doesn't want to be a part of a rebuilding project, this gives him a good mix of youth, veteran skill, and potential. Im not saying this is the answer, or it even can happen, i'm just saying Riley should be working, Actively working (ie not Waiting around for bargains that no one else wants), to see if deals like this can be made.

We'd be lucky to get one of them out of Golden State. Out of the two i'd take Ellis anyday but believe GS will retain both of them...

tryanpost
07-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Based on what Wade say I think he needs a Point Guard playmaker...considering more and more Euro PG are now in starting role in the nba. Why not The HEAT look for Euro PG. Then they can add a strong tall African Center like Diop? What do u think guys?

daleja424
07-04-2008, 12:31 PM
why are you posting this everywhere... you cant do that!

tryanpost
07-04-2008, 12:35 PM
why are you posting this everywhere... you cant do that!

sorry

daleja424
07-04-2008, 12:36 PM
sorry

I meant that you cant go to europe and sign random players... not that you cant post... sorry if I said that poorly

ATX
07-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Riley says addressing the Heat bench is his top priority.

Link: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-flspheatnote08sbjul08,0,6516120.story

Excerpt: Riley said the Heat is not involved in the bidding for Clippers free-agent forward Elton Brand and indicated the Clippers' Corey Maggette also is out of the team's price range.

ATX
07-08-2008, 12:19 PM
What I found most interesting, was this excerpt:

For now, he said, Marcus Banks would be projected as his starting point guard and Mark Blount as his starting center, but he acknowledged that hardly would be optimal.

Of a trade potentially remedying that situation, he said, "We'll see. Probably. I would imagine probably. We're looking. We've been very active, looking."

hmmm....

_Supreme_
07-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Why are some of you thinking we can make Elton Brand an legit offer in free agency?

We have the MLE to spend and he isn't signing for $6M.

The teams you are hearing about now are either old teams getting their former player back or teams with tons of cap space being speculated about, which isn't strange obviously.

If we are going to make some noise it will be through a trade, and Riley is good at keeping things quiet untill the last possible moment.

Trading Haslem to Orlando wouldn't make sense to me because Orlando has nothing we need (PG/C) that they will trade.

_Supreme_
07-08-2008, 01:25 PM
I meant that you cant go to europe and sign random players... not that you cant post... sorry if I said that poorly

Of course you can, as long as their rights are not owned by another NBA team, and their European team agrees to a buyout of their current contract (which often is the big problem in bringing the good ones to the US).

daleja424
07-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Of course you can, as long as their rights are not owned by another NBA team, and their European team agrees to a buyout of their current contract (which often is the big problem in bringing the good ones to the US).

no you can't. a player must have entered the draft at least once to come over from europe to play here...

...if that was the case then teams would just outbid on players and never have them enter the draft...

Like miami would have just offered Galiari for exmaple 6 million dollars to forgo the draft and sign here... it doesn't work like that.

_Supreme_
07-08-2008, 02:51 PM
no you can't. a player must have entered the draft at least once to come over from europe to play here...

...if that was the case then teams would just outbid on players and never have them enter the draft...

Like miami would have just offered Galiari for exmaple 6 million dollars to forgo the draft and sign here... it doesn't work like that.

Yes that's true of course, but there should be plenty of players in Europe who have been in the NBA or draft at one point and would be available.

I'm not sure if the affordable ones would be an upgrade though.

King Koopa
07-08-2008, 02:52 PM

Thats what he means, in order to have rights on the player you must of drafted him.

_Supreme_
07-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Thats what he means, in order to have rights on the player you must of drafted him.

You or any other NBA team in the past, and if it was another team there can't be any NBA rights on the player any more.

My other post wasn't real clear.

So for example JC Navarro couldn't just sign with any NBA team right now because I think the Grizzlies still owned his NBA rights at the moment he decided to go back to Europe.