PDA

View Full Version : I give up

HouRealCoach
07-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Guys lets just give up....This team isnt good enough to win a championship....Yes we have defense, but we would also need a offense, every team in the west has unstoppable offense except us cuz Morey WONT get a third option....Rafer Alston wont cut it....He is no Tony Parker, Kirilenko, Kaman, Bynum, Barbosa, Shaq, Odom, Peja or any of those guys playing behind two stars....You can talk about that 22-Game Win Streak but it means nothing when you dont win but 2 games in the playoffs....If we had kept Gay and Swift....Who never got to actually blossom alongside Yao....I wouldnt give up on them....Adelman's Kings was 100 times better then these trash bag players....Get some offense!!!! Francis was the only piece where I could say they could make a run cause he was a leader and an ALL-STAR B4....But Alston, Scola, Battier, Jackson, Woods....WTF Have these guys done that would take a team to a championship....Battier was USELESS against Utah cause they have no great wing players like Kobe, Mcgrady ETC....Lakers have so many offensive weapons to go along with a great coach, Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, and Odom....Y Cant we do that?? But Battier, and Alston's stock rised................................STOP *****ING MOREY AND TRADE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET PLAYERS THAT WILL MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE AND WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS OR ATLEAST MAKE A RUN:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: OR EVEN BE CONSIDERED TO!!!!!!!! EVERYONE COUNTED US OUT WHEN YAO WENT DOWN....No one counted out Phx after Amare went down....No one counted out Washington when Gilbert went down....Cuz they have had two stars and fire power behind them(Caron and Jamison) and (Marion, Diaw, Barbosa and Nash) Thats how we need to be but unfortunately WERE NOT.....So its over I give up

JordansBulls
07-02-2008, 05:40 PM
How you going to give up on your team? I'm not even a Rockets fan and I think you can win it all.

mjsparks2345
07-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Guys lets just give up....This team isnt good enough to win a championship....Yes we have defense, but we would also need a offense, every team in the west has unstoppable offense except us cuz Morey WONT get a third option....Rafer Alston wont cut it....He is no Tony Parker, Kirilenko, Kaman, Bynum, Barbosa, Shaq, Odom, Peja or any of those guys playing behind two stars....You can talk about that 22-Game Win Streak but it means nothing when you dont win but 2 games in the playoffs....If we had kept Gay and Swift....Who never got to actually blossom alongside Yao....I wouldnt give up on them....Adelman's Kings was 100 times better then these trash bag players....Get some offense!!!! Francis was the only piece where I could say they could make a run cause he was a leader and an ALL-STAR B4....But Alston, Scola, Battier, Jackson, Woods....WTF Have these guys done that would take a team to a championship....Battier was USELESS against Utah cause they have no great wing players like Kobe, Mcgrady ETC....Lakers have so many offensive weapons to go along with a great coach, Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, and Odom....Y Cant we do that?? But Battier, and Alston's stock rised................................STOP *****ING MOREY AND TRADE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET PLAYERS THAT WILL MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE AND WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS OR ATLEAST MAKE A RUN:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: OR EVEN BE CONSIDERED TO!!!!!!!! EVERYONE COUNTED US OUT WHEN YAO WENT DOWN....No one counted out Phx after Amare went down....No one counted out Washington when Gilbert went down....Cuz they have had two stars and fire power behind them(Caron and Jamison) and (Marion, Diaw, Barbosa and Nash) Thats how we need to be but unfortunately WERE NOT.....So its over I give up

I feel your pain. Me personally, I'm a Bulls fan, but my favorite player is T-Mac. I'm dying to see this man win the championship. I feel that they could definitely go far in the playoffs but at the same time, that guy Morey needs to make a move already and get T-Mac some help.

Also, why is it that the Rockets are going after 36 yr old Barry when there are guys like Cory Magette, James Posey, etc on the market. I'm tired of hearing people on this forum saying that they dont have enough money blah, blah, blah. Most of the teams making runs at these guys are offering their MLE yet for all Morey wants to go after a guy who is mega old and only had 1 good game in the playoffs. He might be a decent upgrade but I don't want to see that. I wanna see a third scorer like Magette signed so T-Mac can win the championship damnit. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Jahari Kavi
07-02-2008, 06:14 PM
I feel HouRealCoach's frustration....the only thing is a came to this conclusion after we lost to Utah the 1st time.............I'll keep saying...This team NEEDS a MAJOR shakeup. Everyone needs to be on the table, and that includes Tmac AND Yao Ming.........time to blow this thing up.

stevefrancis
07-02-2008, 06:15 PM
lmao you made my dad lol. i didnt laugh like that since derek fisher missed that wipe open layup in last years playoffs. your right houston does need another player but there still a good team that will contend if healthy. you make it sound like every team should start all over just because they didn't win the championship.

clutchfan
07-02-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm Starting To Feel That Way Too.

Jahari Kavi
07-02-2008, 06:20 PM
lmao you made my dad lol. i didnt laugh like that since derek fisher missed that wipe open layup in last years playoffs. your right houston does need another player but there still a good team that will contend if healthy. you make it sound like every team should start all over just because they didn't win the championship.

the thing is we aren't even close to winning a title.....this team will be nothing more than a "first round exit" squad taking up a playoff roster for a "real" contender.........I feel your pain HouRealCoach....I feel your pain.....

Russjr2
07-02-2008, 06:25 PM

Man, calm down a lil bit. It's going to be ok. You have to have a little patience. It's all a plan that will take time to unfold.
Step 1 - Have a good draft, get some talent to develop and some that may help right away (Dorsey, Greene)
Step 2 - get a good vet that can help immediately with the little things (3 pt shooting) and brings some championship exp (Barry).
Step 3 - try to bring back your good young talent (landry)
Step 4 - trade your expiring contracts (and draft extra picks) to a team that needs to clear up money and are willing to move a really good player to do so.

Morey will get it done. It takes a good cast of role players to win it all (see posey, House, and powe for the celts). Can't have all superstars on your team, that wont work chemistry wise and financially. We are getting the good role players in line first, then we move on to finding that third scorer by moving others out.

mjsparks2345
07-02-2008, 06:26 PM

I actually think that they are a really good team that could make it to the finals if healthy. I'm just mad that they are trying to sign Brent Barry instead of going after Posey or Maggette. Mainly Maggette. He is the 3rd scoring option that they need and you don't even see an effort to sign him. Another thing I don't get is why sign Steve Francis. I dont see that working out in this upcoming seaon. This Morey guy is too patient. Ron Artest is practically begging to be traded after not opting out. This is crazy.

Russjr2
07-02-2008, 06:34 PM
You know what makes me laugh about these forums... NOBODY in here knows what Morey is doing in his office. He may have a deal in place as soon as Barry makes his decision. The moves could start falling like dominoes after we get Barry. Barry comes in and out goes Head, Hayes, Novak, and the 09 2nd round pick for....??? (a legit third scorer) or something like that. Don't you think Morey and Adelman sat there watching the team struggle to score in the playoffs just like we did? Don't you think Adelman told Morey and Les in his exit interview , "hey, I need some scoring off the bench next year to make this work." They know what we need and they know who will help us. Give it a chance people..... Rome wasn't built in a day!

mjsparks2345
07-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Man, calm down a lil bit. It's going to be ok. You have to have a little patience. It's all a plan that will take time to unfold.
Step 1 - Have a good draft, get some talent to develop and some that may help right away (Dorsey, Greene)
Step 2 - get a good vet that can help immediately with the little things (3 pt shooting) and brings some championship exp (Barry).
Step 3 - try to bring back your good young talent (landry)
Step 4 - trade your expiring contracts (and draft extra picks) to a team that needs to clear up money and are willing to move a really good player to do so.

Morey will get it done. It takes a good cast of role players to win it all (see posey, House, and powe for the celts). Can't have all superstars on your team, that wont work chemistry wise and financially. We are getting the good role players in line first, then we move on to finding that third scorer by moving others out.

You're very optimistic Russjr2 but the fact of the matter is that everything that you've mentioned except for step 4 in your process has happened already. (Step 2 I believe is going to happen although I think that Posey would have been the better option.) I believe that the window is closing on step 4. They need to pick up the pace. By the way, I think Dorsey and Greene are going to make a big impact on the Rockets next season.

pippsux
07-02-2008, 06:38 PM
U guys are on point. We are acting as if we reached the western conference finals. Wake up people, we are playoff virgins always teasing but nothing afterwards. We have wasted a couple of days on two players, one role player with a history of knee issues and a 36 year old shooter coming off a calf injury. You notice he has not accepted our offer yet, what does that tell u? He is not coming here? Why should he? While we are bull sh#ting, Maggette could go to the Spurs and Artest will end up in LA ( look out for Odom for Artest in one form or the other) and we will be stuck with the same duo who have shown they cannot carry jack in the playoffs. Oh by the way Yao will be playing in the Olympics which means no rest as usual and another mid season injury. As for Tmac, no comment.

prash
07-02-2008, 06:38 PM
OP is jaded. The Rockets are a championship caliber team. Only player i'd like to upgrade on the roster is Alston.

Otherwise we have one of the best starting 5 in the league.

val_modus
07-02-2008, 06:41 PM
They need to whatever it takes and i mean whatever outside of Mac and Yao to land that wing guy we need like Maggette or Artest who said he made the wrong choice (so why dont we fix that and get the guy lol) Hell Posey would even be acceptable geez, what have we gotten in the past 4 years to compliment T-Mac and Yao? A bunch of freakin washups with the exeption of our draft picks.

Chronz
07-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Your a phony, the Rockets are contenders. Yao is a great bigman entering his PRIME, teams with HOF bigmen should NEVER give up.

val_modus
07-02-2008, 06:43 PM
And if Artest goes to LA and/or Maggette goes to SA then i will be very pissed bc every team in the West has made huge changes in the past 2 years in surrounding their current stars with great talent except for... you guessed it the Houston 1st round virgins.

mightybosstone
07-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Reading this thread makes me want to vomit. This thread epitomizes fair weather fans and makes me want to strangle like 90% of you... Did you WATCH last season and see the strides that this team made under a new system and a new coach? When healthy, this is going to be a fantastic team and giving up after one season with a HUGE injury is complete bull****!

I know it's painful to watch this team fail like this.... I've been a Rockets, Astros, and Titans/Oilers fan since I was 7 and I know as well as anyone else. I was watching live when Kevin Dyson came up one yard short. I was watching live when my Astros couldn't put up runs against the White Sox pitching staff and got swept in the world series and I've watched every Rockets' season since their championships and have experience this team's mediocrity like everyone else.

So what? Grow a pair and use your head. This team started off last season 15-17 and then went completely ballistic and came within a couple of games from being the #1 seed in an impossible conference. And now what? "Let's give up guys.... we're not signing overpaid players THAT WE'RE NOT CAPABLE OF SIGNING ANYWAYS!!!!"

I'm so sick and tired of all these "lets get Maggette or (insert unrealistic player here)" threads. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!! I'm with you all in that I'd love to get a third scorer here... but how do you expect that to happen? And why do we need it? Why not just move a few small pieces and use the MLE and LLE to sign some seasoned vets to come off the bench?

All I can say is relax, because its still early in the free agency period and even if we don't sign anyone else, just enjoy the fact that we have a franchise that makes the playoffs every season. Do you want to have a perennial loser? I don't!

cbs134679
07-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Morey stated on espn true that brent barry is the only free agent that can make our team better... with that being said its really going to be a long summer.

mjsparks2345
07-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Reading this thread makes me want to vomit. This thread epitomizes fair weather fans and makes me want to strangle like 90% of you... Did you WATCH last season and see the strides that this team made under a new system and a new coach? When healthy, this is going to be a fantastic team and giving up after one season with a HUGE injury is complete bull****!

I know it's painful to watch this team fail like this.... I've been a Rockets, Astros, and Titans/Oilers fan since I was 7 and I know as well as anyone else. I was watching live when Kevin Dyson came up one yard short. I was watching live when my Astros couldn't put up runs against the White Sox pitching staff and got swept in the world series and I've watched every Rockets' season since their championships and have experience this team's mediocrity like everyone else.

So what? Grow a pair and use your head. This team started off last season 15-17 and then went completely ballistic and came within a couple of games from being the #1 seed in an impossible conference. And now what? "Let's give up guys.... we're not signing overpaid players THAT WE'RE NOT CAPABLE OF SIGNING ANYWAYS!!!!"

I'm so sick and tired of all these "lets get Maggette or (insert unrealistic player here)" threads. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!! I'm with you all in that I'd love to get a third scorer here... but how do you expect that to happen? And why do we need it? Why not just move a few small pieces and use the MLE and LLE to sign some seasoned vets to come off the bench?

All I can say is relax, because its still early in the free agency period and even if we don't sign anyone else, just enjoy the fact that we have a franchise that makes the playoffs every season. Do you want to have a perennial loser? I don't!

I see what you mean but at the same whats wrong with people wanting their team to get better. Maggette would make this team better. It is possible but what I've seen on this forum is that people are getting tired of just making the playoffs so I can understand the frustrations. One and done doesn't exactly make you a great team. But anyway, I like the Rockets but I'm mainly a T-Mac fan. I believe that this team has enough talent to go all the way but signing aging veterans might not be the answer. I could be wrong though but it is what it is. Bottom line is that I just want to see my favorite player win so of course I can definitely understand the frustrations.

astrosmaniac
07-02-2008, 08:27 PM
^^its one thing to want to get better but to give up because ur team didnt get a playe r they couldnt get is rediculous

Reyes6
07-02-2008, 09:27 PM
This team is fine. What the team NEEDS to be is HEALTHY. Every playoff series a key player is always missing and the team is just TRYING to compensate with role players. And let's stay away from UTAH, they are starting to annoy me. Hehe. Be confident in your team or just leave honestly... we don't want or need frontrunner fans. I know what you are sayin tho, but wrong time bud. After they lose in the playoffs I understand a vent of frustration... but in the offseason without the GM making a dumb trade... I just don't get it.

Jay22Redd
07-02-2008, 09:29 PM
The Rockets just need to want it. It dont really matter if we get a third scorer or not. I believe we can win with the team we have now. If Rafer, Scola, Landry, Hayes, Bjax, head and the rest of the rockets want it like T-Mac wants it, then we'd win. Im an athlete myself. I played for Eisenhower High School but I just graduated. Athletes dont cry for no apparent reason. They want it, they feel it, and the harder they play and lose, the harder it is for them.

So if every player come out and play like they want to win a championship, then the rockets can do it. Ive never given up on the Rockets since Ive started liking them and never will. Ive watched the rockets since Ive was 5, now 18, and everytime they are down twenty in the fourth quarter, I still believe they can make a run.

Faith is all the Rockets need and we'll be the 2008-2009 NBA Champions. Forget about the other teams, forget about the other coaches. We have Adelman, he's a great coach. We have T-Mac, Yao, Battier, Alston, Bjax, Head, Deke, Landry, Scola, Hayes, Novak, Woods, Harris, and now Greene and Dorsey and now matter how much we dislike one of the players, if you want to win, you cheer for your team. Home court advantage is huge, expecially in the west. And if the rockets had the "Building rocking each and every night" like T-Mac wanted it to be, then we could win it all.

pippsux
07-02-2008, 10:47 PM

We are all very passionate fans. We don't jump on and off the bandwagon. We had a great season, but once again did not get out of the first round. What I am saying is, we should make offers and see what happens. We have made two offers one to barry and one to Landry. For a team not out of the 1st round since the Chuckwagon was in town ( way back in 97) we should be more aggresive than we have been. If we are able to sign Barry, then I am slightly happy, but I think he will resign with the Spurs or even worse the Suns. I think Maggette will also go to the Spurs. It sounds like you are happy with just making the playoffs, I am not. I loved the feeling of the back to back championships and I still dream of those days.

astrosmaniac
07-02-2008, 11:16 PM
^^ well we cant sign maggette. its financialy impossible unless he takes the MLE, in which case he would pry sign with SA or Bos, so quit *****ing about them not trying to

jdillion
07-02-2008, 11:38 PM
yo i really feel ur pain on this one but you have to be optimistic. I am one of those people who dont believe that we need a star to be our third option but just another person who can create his own shot an is athletic. A few players who i believe can fit this discription are jr smith although he is a chuck an jason terry who i believe is expendable along with everyone else on that mavs team accept kidd an dirk. Also we had a good draft ,donte green an joey dorsey. Even though i do not know much about green cuz im not a big college basketball fan i can assume that hes athletic an can score. Finally what we need more than anything is a clutch player who can take that shot or drive into the lane at crucial situations so tmac doesnt have too. I say this because i do not think that the rockets will get out of the first round with him because he folds too much at the end. because right now u can see it when he plays that , getting out of the first round is on his mind too much so he doesnt perform. Mentally hes just a little soft

Russjr2
07-02-2008, 11:41 PM
You're very optimistic Russjr2 but the fact of the matter is that everything that you've mentioned except for step 4 in your process has happened already. (Step 2 I believe is going to happen although I think that Posey would have been the better option.) I believe that the window is closing on step 4. They need to pick up the pace. By the way, I think Dorsey and Greene are going to make a big impact on the Rockets next season.

Posey? Uhh posey is just like Battier we don't need two of those players on the team. Posey is not a creator with the ball. He may be a lil more athletic than Battier but not by much and other than that SAME PLAYER. Put Battier on the Celts they still win the title.

How can you say time is running out on step 4? This is only day 2 of free agency. Only 3 players have agreed on deals and those players were already going to resign with their teams anyway. Except for BD. So nobody has jumped up and made major moves or stole any players from us at day 2 of free agency. You are just panicking.

So, would you agree that our main issues the last 3 years in the playoffs has been health and production off the bench?

So health, can't buy that in the offseason, just got to hope it all comes together at the right time.
Production off the bench, well you said you liked Greene and Dorsey. that is help off the bench. Resign Landry, that is help off the bench. Sign Barry, that is help off the bench.

AND like I have stated, you have no idea what other moves Morey is planning to make with our expiring contracts or dead weight players like Francis, Head and Hayes (and maybe even Novak now) to bring in even more help. We were 2 games away from having the best record in the west last year. We are on our way.

bbinthepark
07-03-2008, 12:12 PM
We were 2 games away from having the best record in the west last year. We are on our way.

Exactly, and that was even without Yao. As everyone continues to adapt to Adelman's system and hopefully stays healthy, we're going to show more and more how dominant a team we can be.
When I know there are got players to be had, I want them as much as the next guy, but don't forget about what we already have.

yaowowrocket11
07-03-2008, 12:47 PM
:laugh2:

I thought this wasn't going to be serious, until I read it.

The offseason just started. We had a good draft. We will sign/trade for impact players. Calm down.

The only way I will agree with you is if the Rockets trade Yao and T-Mac for Bostjan Nachbar and a future second round pick and cash considerations.

Russjr2
07-03-2008, 12:53 PM
And another thing to think about: We will have Scola starting and more accustomed to the NBA when the season starts. Adelman will surely build plays for him into the offense and players will be used to his style. He spent most of the season just trying to figure out how to fit in and when he should shoot. We only lost 7 out of 38games with him as the starting PF and that was mostly with out Yao. So think about that. Then we add a legit 3 pt shooter in Barry off the bench. He can also get us into our offense, unlike Head.

YAOMING4MVP
07-03-2008, 02:50 PM
All we need is great health. We don't know what this team could be if both our stars and role players were healthy when playoffs start and end. We do need to add a player that can create a shot for himself or other players.

mjsparks2345
07-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Posey? Uhh posey is just like Battier we don't need two of those players on the team. Posey is not a creator with the ball. He may be a lil more athletic than Battier but not by much and other than that SAME PLAYER. Put Battier on the Celts they still win the title.

How can you say time is running out on step 4? This is only day 2 of free agency. Only 3 players have agreed on deals and those players were already going to resign with their teams anyway. Except for BD. So nobody has jumped up and made major moves or stole any players from us at day 2 of free agency. You are just panicking.

So, would you agree that our main issues the last 3 years in the playoffs has been health and production off the bench?

So health, can't buy that in the offseason, just got to hope it all comes together at the right time.
Production off the bench, well you said you liked Greene and Dorsey. that is help off the bench. Resign Landry, that is help off the bench. Sign Barry, that is help off the bench.

AND like I have stated, you have no idea what other moves Morey is planning to make with our expiring contracts or dead weight players like Francis, Head and Hayes (and maybe even Novak now) to bring in even more help. We were 2 games away from having the best record in the west last year. We are on our way.

You made some very good points. I do agree with everything that u said except for the part where u said that posey is just like battier. I believe that he is but I would give posey a slight edge because he is more consistent on offense. I believe that if the Rockets stay healthy, the will definitely win a championship. I guess I was just slightly panicking. But I think everything will work out.

frizbo72
07-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Don't give up yet. I am not a roxs fan as most of you know but I still do respect the team you have got and give you props for you 22 game streak. But after looking at a few numbers I agree with the few of you that one more player has to be added to get over the hump. If im not mistaken even during a wonderful season you still only went 15-19 (17-23 if you count the playoffs) against the other western playoff teams, GS, DET, and BOS. You have to get to plus 500 there to have the legit chance. A upgrade at PG would be the best. Look at what adding a good PG has done for Utah and NO. They went from loosers to contenders just from that position. The only problem with that though is there are no real good ones on the market this year and T-mac isn't getting any younger. So a big deal would need to be in order. Good Luck next year

Rox07
07-03-2008, 06:47 PM
leave then and come back when you start to believe.

Russjr2
07-03-2008, 11:21 PM
So... on the 3rd day of free agency it is being reported that the Rockets are trying to negotiate a long term deal with James Posey. Now, how would you like a bench with Barry and Posey on it (just for starters)?

This is exactly the point I was making, you have no idea who Morey is talking to everyday. You gettin all panicky cause you haven't HEARD anything in the media. Morey goes about his in a private manner. If we have to let Landry walk to get Posey i'm for it (we got Dorsey). Posey wants a long term deal, i'm sure that will eat up a good part of the MLE so Landry has to settle for the rest or move on.

Then, Morey will still have some redundant talent and expriring contracts to move for another player or two. You feelin a lil better now????

Jay22Redd
07-04-2008, 12:09 AM
So... on the 3rd day of free agency it is being reported that the Rockets are trying to negotiate a long term deal with James Posey. Now, how would you like a bench with Barry and Posey on it (just for starters)?

This is exactly the point I was making, you have no idea who Morey is talking to everyday. You gettin all panicky cause you haven't HEARD anything in the media. Morey goes about his in a private manner. If we have to let Landry walk to get Posey i'm for it (we got Dorsey). Posey wants a long term deal, i'm sure that will eat up a good part of the MLE so Landry has to settle for the rest or move on.

Then, Morey will still have some redundant talent and expriring contracts to move for another player or two. You feelin a lil better now????

I like your statement :dance2:

TMAC111
07-04-2008, 04:16 AM
the rockets hve been my team since i was able to listen to the radio(to understand it) i will never count out the rockets , only when HEAD AND HAYES start will i forget the rockets hopefully that day will never come again

HouRealCoach
07-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Last year this team was on point....Coming off a great season....Getting Adelman, Mike James, Steve Francis, Re-Signing Bonzi Wells, Chuck Hayes, & Mutombo....Brooks shined in Summer League, Landry shined in Pre-Season....The Trade for Luis Scola....But that exact team didnt feel Comfortable in Adelman's system(Mike James basically)....I thought we had a shot because the addition of Adelman, Scola, and Francis....But seeing after all that Rafer is the third leading scorer?!?!?!?!??!?!?On any other team in the west Rafer might not even get PT....

Im also tired of these if, ands, & buts....Yao got injured....SO!!!!!!!!!!! Yea he is the centerpiece....2005-2006 Season Amare played a total of 2 games for the suns(Regular and post season) and they finished second in the west(Third best record in west) And went to the WCF....We need offensive fire power to go along with defense....Until I see it I cant see the Rockets doing it

rocketfuel
07-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Actually, I really enjoyed being a Rockets fan last year. I mean actual enjoyment. Watching the talent that Dawson sent out on the court was excruciating. I feel like Morey seriously upgraded the talent. He brought in players that are way more talented, young, athletic and fast. One of the biggest areas where this team needs help is in it's outside shooting. I guess we can put up decent numbers during the regular season....but unfortunately, guys like Head seem to do a lot worse in the playoffs. So, I think that's why Morey drafted Greene and is going after Barry. The Celtics had a 3rd scorer, but watching the games it felt like it was more of their unsung role players taht were the true key.... Rondo was huge in that series....PJ Brown was amazingly good. Powe was huge at the right times and Posey was very key. Ray Allen was good, but there were times his shot wasn't falling and it really came down to the key role players. Also, last year was a very unique series of playoffs... It's been a long time since I've seen teams build "super" teams..... Almsot every team in the first round of the western conference had a collection of stars and could have reached the semi-finals or western conference finals in previous years. The Suns team was loaded and I felt like they were much better than 1st round exits. The Spurs were the same team that won the championship last year. Utah made it to the western conference finals the year before...and there was no way we were going to beat them without Yao.... It was admirable that the Rockets were even giving them a run for their moeny or even in the playoffs.

Personally, I don't think the Rockets can get the 3rd scorer through free agency anyway. Free agency is usually where agents overhype their players' value and teams overspend their money and end up being cash-strapped. If this team was going to get a legit 3rd scorer, it would be through a major trade or the draft. The Celtics were able to get thier marquee stars from teams that were looking to rebuild and dump their stars salaries. Lakers got Gasol from the Grizllies, who for some reason wanted to rebuild but did so by giivng away their top big man for peanuts. Other teams were able to trade for stars who were wearing out their welcome int their towns. I think even Morey mentioned, before the draft, that most likely the team will get a major more so through a trade. I hoep there is another team out there like the Wolves, Soncis and Grizzlies (of last year) that will do us a favor the way the Wolves, Sonics and Grizzlies did for the Celtics and Lakers last year. It's funny how the the two teams that made the finals happened to be the teams that made the best lopsided trades of last season.

SC1211
07-06-2008, 02:41 PM
The OP is out of his mind. The Rockets just need a healthy season. They're contenders. Stop making up dream solutions.

I believe the delusion of the OP can be personified by his sig. If you think that Francis and Novak have a shot in hell to do anything, then you know nothing about this team. This team is balanced, and has the capabilities to win it all. Patience is key. Morey has my faith.

TMAC94
07-06-2008, 11:36 PM
i have a feeling morey will do something in the closing days, or make a big trade later even.

notthatcute69
07-07-2008, 06:02 AM
OP is jaded. The Rockets are a championship caliber team. Only player i'd like to upgrade on the roster is Alston.

Otherwise we have one of the best starting 5 in the league.

...yup...Alston is very flashy but not a Playoff caliber point guard...Houston needs a great point guard to back-up TMAC...adn with Battier's defense and Scola, the team is really a contender....

TMAC94
07-07-2008, 06:18 AM
^^ does anyone think deltone west is better tha rafer alston.

Manos
07-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Morey said that we would be improving our team through trades more than free agency or the draft, so let him work. 99% of deals that you read about never happen, so no point in getting your panties in bunch.
Would I love for the Rockets to pick up Artest or Maggette? Sure. Will it happen? Probably not.
But the season just ended and we have a long way to go before the trade deadline in Feb.

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 09:14 AM
...yup...Alston is very flashy but not a Playoff caliber point guard...Houston needs a great point guard to back-up TMAC...adn with Battier's defense and Scola, the team is really a contender....

I love the Rockets.

And I will say that you are so wrong.

This is coming from a Nuggets fan, obviously.

You must have missed the playoffs...

Because Rafer knocked down alot of clutch threes.

Rafer is clutch as hell.

He knows how to set up his teammates, how to score, and create himself a bucket off the dribble.

I wish we had a guy like Rafer Alston. Denver needs a PG right now, desperately, and here you are not being grateful for what you have.

That disgusts me.

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-07-2008, 09:40 AM
if rafer alston plays like he did when yao was out of th lineup they will have a really good starting five. if he doesnt play well we might see steve francis in the starting lineup!!!!!!!!!

Russjr2
07-07-2008, 10:11 AM
if rafer alston plays like he did when yao was out of th lineup they will have a really good starting five. if he doesnt play well we might see steve francis in the starting lineup!!!!!!!!!

Uhhhh I don't think Francis will EVER be a starter in the NBA again. I used to like Franchise, but you gotta be realistic. The starting job was basically handed to him this off-season when he resigned and he couldn't even be a third string pg for us. Rafer and M James beat him out. The only way he will help this team is by being a piece of a trade to get us a legit scorer. Thanks for the memories Steve.

HouRealCoach
07-07-2008, 10:13 AM
The OP is out of his mind. The Rockets just need a healthy season. They're contenders. Stop making up dream solutions.

I believe the delusion of the OP can be personified by his sig. If you think that Francis and Novak have a shot in hell to do anything, then you know nothing about this team. This team is balanced, and has the capabilities to win it all. Patience is key. Morey has my faith.

I watched last year duh I know that but Im still gonna have belief in Francis no matter if he plays all the games next year and dont make a shot the entire year....and Novak is one of my favorite players cause Im inluv with his shot