PDA

View Full Version : Better because they're not Lakers?

Tymathee
07-02-2008, 04:47 PM
I keep seeing people propose for players to sign that aren't as good as some of the guys we've got. I don't get why you guys think getting guys like James Jones or Kurt Thomas or all these wonderful trades for Lamar and Luke and VladRad and Farmar.

A lot of times i've seen proposed trades and signign that aren't as good as those that we can get alreayd on our team like keeping roni and Sasha. Do u really think that Jones or Thomas is that big of an upgrade over turiaf? or Barry is that big an upgrade over Sasha?

Let's see, how far did we get without our best defensive bench player and our starting center half the year? Oh yeah, two games from winning it all. So what's wrong with standing pat with what we've got, maybe make a tweak here or there, like geting rid of vladrad and/or luke. vladrad cuz well, i felt like he was a bust and that's before he hurt himself (shoulda voided his contract imho) and luke, because he'll just get lost in the shuffle next year with Odom at SF or if we sign a guy like Posey or whatever (just so boston doesn't get him). one of our SF's needs to go, even for anotehr 2nd round pick (which we could maybe package later into a 1st rounder or a high 2nd rounder)

but anywho...I like our team, and a lot of people in the NBA fear our team, just look at all the rumors and moves they're trying to make. the lakers are going into the season the #2 team in the nba basically (behind boston of course) and I'll take that for now until but I'd like that #1 slot and maybe another KB24 MvP

Lakersfan2483
07-02-2008, 04:57 PM
K. Thomas is exactly what we are missing from our bench, a smart, physical player who can come off the bench and guard post players. It's about filling our needs for the team. Phil Jackson talked about the lakers needing to get more physical players on the team. Thomas was excellent for San Ant. and Phx was missing him this year. James Jones is not a bad player off of the bench, he is a better shooter than Sasha, look it up. Also, I think we should keep Sasha and Ronny. Sign K. Thomas for the mid-level, great backup for Bynum, and yes he can play center. We need hard-nosed, physical players off of our bench.

Rad has the lowest bball IQ I have seen in awhile, commits dumb fouls, can't play defense, concedes layups, and jeopardizes our team defense every time he is on the court. He should not play, period. Ariza needs to get his minutes.

Lakersfan2483
07-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Guys to look at for next year: K. Thomas, Big Zo, J. Jones. LA has trouble with big physical teams like Detroit and Boston, and even Cleveland. we need some bangers down low. I like the fact that Bynum is coming back, he allows Gasol to go back to his natural position. I think we need some veterans off the bench to help our team with the more physical teams.

Vinylman
07-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Guys to look at for next year: K. Thomas, Big Zo, J. Jones. LA has trouble with big physical teams like Detroit and Boston, and even Cleveland. we need some bangers down low. I like the fact that Bynum is coming back, he allows Gasol to go back to his natural position. I think we need some veterans off the bench to help our team with the more physical teams.

its not BIG physical teams... its physical teams... there is a difference... we need more physical perimeter defenders... guys like posey or tony allen...

if we resign kwame and it looks like he might go cheap he solves all our front court problems...

as far as rony and sasha... if they want to much they are replaceable... no matter what people think they aren't indespensable... especially if the lakers are committed to the tri-towers experiment...

ThE ShOw
07-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Roni sucks, he is a good storey, but he sucks. Why are they going to waste money on him. Kwame would be better.

Lakersfan2483
07-02-2008, 05:22 PM
its not BIG physical teams... its physical teams... there is a difference... we need more physical perimeter defenders... guys like posey or tony allen...

if we resign kwame and it looks like he might go cheap he solves all our front court problems...

as far as rony and sasha... if they want to much they are replaceable... no matter what people think they aren't indespensable... especially if the lakers are committed to the tri-towers experiment...

You are right, our title hopes don't rest on the re-signing of Sasha and Turiaf, laker fans need to understand that, they can be easily replaced. I like both of them but they are easily replaceable.

Laker4life
07-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Roni sucks, he is a good storey, but he sucks. Why are they going to waste money on him. Kwame would be better.

Are you serious ...? The Dirty French man (ronny) will out ball out hustle out handle Kwame any day of the week !!!! Ronny just has way more heart for the team the kwame ever did

ThE ShOw
07-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Are you serious ...? The Dirty French man (ronny) will out ball out hustle out handle Kwame any day of the week !!!! Ronny just has way more heart for the team the kwame ever did Yeah but he is way overrated. If you go and look at the Box scores, he does nothing a lot of the time and Kwame has better D. Turiaf gets highlight blocks but gets alot of fouls called and the blocks are when he is helping off his man. His man D sucks.

Laker4life
07-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Yeah but he is way overrated. If you go and look at the Box scores, he does nothing a lot of the time and Kwame has better D. Turiaf gets highlight blocks but gets alot of fouls called and the blocks are when he is helping off his man. His man D sucks.

Better D ???? are you joking.... Turiaf hustles way more than kwame ever did on both ends of the court:smoking:

ThE ShOw
07-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Better D ???? are you joking.... Turiaf hustles way more than kwame ever did on both ends of the court:smoking:

Hustle doesn't = D. It should = rebounds and he doesn't even get that many boards.

lalaland2007
07-02-2008, 06:01 PM
We have 3 options

Let Ronnie n Sasha Walk

Sign 3 players (Posey=MLE, Barry= Bi annual, K Thomas= vet minimum)
Waive 3 players (Ira, Coby, DJ)

We gain more playoff experience, and championship experience.

And our Core

Ariza Bynum and Farmar are still young.

ARMIN12NBA
07-02-2008, 06:44 PM
We have 3 options

Let Ronnie n Sasha Walk

Sign 3 players (Posey=MLE, Barry= Bi annual, K Thomas= vet minimum)
Waive 3 players (Ira, Coby, DJ)

We gain more playoff experience, and championship experience.

And our Core

Ariza Bynum and Farmar are still young.

If you let Ronni and Sasha walk and then just let Ira, Coby, and DJ go, which is what they should do, then the Lakers will have 5 roster spots so...

With those 5 remaining roster spots, I think the Lakers should:

Re-sign Vujacic and Ronny Turiaff- That’s a given.

Sign Corey Maggette to MLE- Teams are only offering the MLE and I am sure he would love to go to the winning locker room at Staples Center. The Lakers are seeming to doubt Lamar playing at SF because he can’t space the floor with three-point shooting and it is hard for him to keep up with fast small forwards. I like Lamar coming off the bench to replace Bynum and having Pau slide to center late in the first quarter....They can also sign James Posey for MLE and ESPN has reported that Posey's agent likes the Lakers and the Lakers are in discussions so...

Sign Brent Barry to vets minimum or BAE- Have him be the third string PG/SG and bring leadership to the locker-room. The Lakers were lacking an experienced, older player (Kobe and Fish are not enough IMO) who brings toughness also. He would’ve been nice to have on the bench to mentor young players and I think he would’ve been great in Game 4. Every Spurs comeback seems to be started by Barry, he seems very resilient and it possibly could’ve been a different outcome with him there.

Sign Kurt Thomas to vets minimum or BAE- He brings toughness, leadership, and experience to the Lakers just as Barry does. Him coming would allow Ronny to return to his natural power forward position.

Iceman_9
07-03-2008, 07:03 AM
We should not stand pat because we always want to get better the next season... These are just ideas. We all are entitled to our own opinions. :)

matrixskillz
07-03-2008, 10:54 AM
don't disillusion yourself. it was the most lopsided 6 game series in nba history. we are still a long ways from being at that championship level.

eddynooo
07-03-2008, 12:23 PM
don't disillusion yourself. it was the most lopsided 6 game series in nba history. we are still a long ways from being at that championship level.

you're very right about the 6 games but long ways from being at the championship level huh?

Kind of sucks considering how much noise we made this past season from a "can they even make the playoffs" to reaching the finals even though we got dominated.