JWalk126
07-02-2008, 04:39 PM
http://prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240513

adealstimson
07-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Haha what? I didn't know he was going to play for Germany. Thats awesome

BigT901
07-02-2008, 07:05 PM
I hope he doesnt play, we need to focus on next season and what if he gets hurt, we wil be in trouble.

JWalk126
07-02-2008, 07:09 PM
I didn't know he was going to play for Germany.

I didnt know he was German

BigT901
07-02-2008, 07:21 PM
he had said his grandparents had german in them

krazyclipperfan
07-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Kaman got offered to play because his Grandmother is part Germany. I think it will be a good idea for him to play, because look have good he played after plying in summer league it will only help him.

Cracka2HI!
07-02-2008, 08:15 PM
I guess it can't hurt him but I would prefer all of our players just not play in the olympics. Especially for other countries.

adealstimson
07-02-2008, 10:05 PM
I guess it can't hurt him but I would prefer all of our players just not play in the olympics. Especially for other countries.

I hear ya, but c'mon it's international competition! I would get a thrill out of it if I were a player.

JWalk126
07-03-2008, 05:06 AM
Kaman receives German passport; Will Play for Germany in Athens
Source: FIBA.com (http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/lateNews/p/newsid/26320/arti.html)

HAGEN (FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men) - NBA center Chris Kaman has received his German passport and can now play for the country’s national side at this month’s FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Athens.

The German Basketball Federation has confirmed the news that could give Dirk Bauermann’s team the edge it needs to qualify for the Beijing Games.

"Chris has a tremendous quality and has strengthened our team certainly very significantly,” said national team boss Bauermann.

“We will now in a short time try as well as possible to integrate him into the team so he can give us help in the Olympic qualifiers in Athens.”

Germany talisman Dirk Nowitzki, the star player of the Dallas Mavericks, also expressed his delight over the addition of the 2.13m Kaman – a player he has competed against frequently.

"Fantastic, this is a good message,” Nowitzki said. “With Chris, we are even stronger under the basket."

Germany had been hit by a couple of high-profile withdrawals due to injuries.

Mithat Demirel (eye) and Jo Herber (knee) had to pull out of the preliminary squad.

While Germany still have veteran center Patrick Femerling, Kaman should give them an imposing presence on the interior on both ends of the floor.

The 26-year-old is a leading player with the Clippers, having averaged 15.7 points, 12.7 rebounds and 2.8 blocks during the 2007-08 campaign.

The Germans are clear favorites to win Group B at the qualifying event ahead of New Zealand and Cape Verde, with hosts Greece expected to finish top of Group A ahead of Brazil and Lebanon.

Most will expect Baurmann’s team to take on the Brazilians, a team that has lost several prominent players through injury, in the quarter-finals.

Three places for the Olympics are up for grabs in Athens.

krazyclipperfan
07-03-2008, 05:52 AM
It wouldn't hurt Kaman to play this summer as long as he doesn't get injuried. If he plays well he will have a great boasted of confidence going into next season.

DES
07-03-2008, 11:02 AM
^^^agreed...