PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News-Favre in touch with Packers about possible return

ryanph30
07-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Its just breaking news on ESPNEWS on the breaking news bottomline.

erict33w
07-02-2008, 04:05 PM
I just heard on ESPN news, from the mouth of Al Harris, that Favre has the itch to come back and he is seriously considering it. Is this just anothing rumor to stir things up? Is it good or bad for the team? Let me know what you guys think.

Ryan Diesel
07-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Oh yeah, having Favre on your team is a damn good thing.

ryanph30
07-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Chris Mortenson is coming on ESPNEWS soon with breaking news and new details about this. Right now they are talking about how Brett may want to return but the organization does not want to open door, and the uproar that would cause with the fans.

Ryan Diesel
07-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Scratch that itch baby.

x_notorious
07-02-2008, 04:25 PM
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Brett Favre has told coach Mike McCarthy that he has thought about playing this year.
This follows up a Mike Lombardi blog post along the same lines. The comeback talk is reportedly only in preliminary stages, but Favre's family is encouraging him to play. Cornerback Al Harris says Favre told him he still "has the itch" to play. This situation could turn thorny. The Packers own Favre's rights, but we'd guess that the front office would simply rather move forward with Aaron Rodgers. The coaching staff may lean more towards Favre.

Former NFL personnel man Mike Lombardi writes in his blog that one Packers player told him Brett Favre is giving "real consideration" to making a return.
Lombardi, a 20-year veteran executive, recently worked in the Raiders' and Broncos' front offices, writes for SI.com and started a blog a few months back. He doesn't have the same standards as bigger news sources, but undoubtedly has connections. The Packer told Lombardi that Favre would consider returning with another team if Green Bay won't take him back. Favre was recently placed on the reserve/retired list, however, and the Packers own his rights.

rotoworld

ryanph30
07-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Here we go again.

Ryan Diesel
07-02-2008, 04:33 PM
If they let Favre become a FA I'll just F'n snap. AR will probably be good, but we don't know that for sure, or if he can even last an entire season. But if the front office decides that they don't want him back, it'll be pretty bad. Pretty stupid.

ryanph30
07-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Mortenson is on ESPNEWS right now talking about it.

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 04:44 PM
man i love brett and all. and i want him to play. but this is getting somewhat out of control. i think that brett is the only one that could get away with this in pro sports today. i am definitely torn on this. but i am a little taken back by a-rods lastest comments about packer fans as well. if favre comes back and rodgers decides to leave. we have brohm waiting to be groomed i guess

servais77
07-02-2008, 04:44 PM
How can you return when you never really left?

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 04:46 PM
How can you return when you never really left?

good point servais. isnt he on the reserve retired list ?? basically it is just a reinstatement.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 04:50 PM
I hope it's not true. I'd love to see him play but don't want to see what this would do to his reputation, the media will turn on him.

beast
07-02-2008, 04:50 PM
man i love brett and all. and i want him to play. but this is getting somewhat out of control. i think that brett is the only one that could get away with this in pro sports today. i am definitely torn on this. but i am a little taken back by a-rods lastest comments about packer fans as well. if favre comes back and rodgers decides to leave. we have brohm waiting to be groomed i guess

I just want Favre to make up his mind. I'm ok, both ways but I want people to stop guessing and just know what's going to happen.

servais77
07-02-2008, 04:53 PM
How bout bringing in Jason Taylor and Favre...Works for me.

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 04:55 PM
I just want Favre to make up his mind. I'm ok, both ways but I want people to stop guessing and just know what's going to happen.

as do i beast. maybe this has been the plan the whole time i guess. he hate off season workouts and stuff. training camp is just around the corner. the timing is almost mind boggling. could this be why brohm was drafted. to take over after rodgers leaves town. i dont know. but i agree with you totally. i want answers and if it is a "yes" i want a commitment for "x" number of years

RcrkllrH2
07-02-2008, 04:56 PM
im getting really pissed at favre!

the media was about to turn on him anyway and halfway already has...and now hes throwing this crap around....im with the administration on this....he said hes retired, we are already planning on the start of the rodgers era and its bull that we have to do this trip again

another question i have is....whats aaron gonna say about this? hes waited patiently when favre has been on the fence, now when he jumped to the other side aaron FINALLY has his chance, and what hes gonna sit again? id be willing to bet that if brett comes back, and if the pack actually take him back, aaron is gonna demand a trade and we would lose TWO good quarterbacks in a year or whatever when brett really retires

stupid stupid stupid....

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 04:57 PM
remember .... mike m. chose another q.b. over rodgers for a reason unknown to anyone but him. if favre comes back. he will have brohm who he selected taking over. assuming of course this is not all bull****

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 05:00 PM
im getting really pissed at favre!

the media was about to turn on him anyway and halfway already has...and now hes throwing this crap around....im with the administration on this....he said hes retired, we are already planning on the start of the rodgers era and its bull that we have to do this trip again

another question i have is....whats aaron gonna say about this? hes waited patiently when favre has been on the fence, now when he jumped to the other side aaron FINALLY has his chance, and what hes gonna sit again? id be willing to bet that if brett comes back, and if the pack actually take him back, aaron is gonna demand a trade and we would lose TWO good quarterbacks in a year or whatever when brett really retires

stupid stupid stupid....

how do you know rodgers is going to be good ??? alot of people on this forum have a huge ? mark at our q.b. position this year. i dont know that he will be good. nor do i know that he will be bad. with favre we know what we have. thats my opinion anyways

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 05:04 PM
how do you know rodgers is going to be good ??? alot of people on this forum have a huge ? mark at our q.b. position this year. i dont know that he will be good. nor do i know that he will be bad. with favre we know what we have. thats my opinion anyways
Yeah, we know that we have a guy who can't handle the pressure of an NFC championship game anymore.

Soop
07-02-2008, 05:08 PM
No wonder A-Rod is making rude comments.

Ryan Diesel
07-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Who the hell cares what the ******* media thinks anyway lol They turned on him years ago and he made them all eat ****e last year. The clowns they pay money to talk about sports on TV blows my mind. These jerkoffs only talk about the teams on the east coast, I mean do you really care what Kevin Blackistone and Skip Bayless think anyway lol

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Yeah, we know that we have a guy who can't handle the pressure of an NFC championship game anymore.

you are entitled to your opinion jw. i still feel he gives us that best chance of winning games. incuding the big games. and that is my opinion

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Who the hell cares what the ******* media thinks anyway lol They turned on him years ago and he made them all eat ****e last year. The clowns they pay money to talk about sports on TV blows my mind. These jerkoffs only talk about the teams on the east coast, I mean do you really care what Kevin Blackistone and Skip Bayless think anyway lol

NOPE

jwdaly07
He gives us the best chance to win games until we're deep in the playoffs and then all of the sudden he unravels in the final minutes.

wwfd1220
well if anything. the forum has picked up the pace a little. LOL

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Wow. Your ten times more ignorant than I had ever imagined. Spoken like a true Queens fan.

This is your only response to anything because you can't debate any points.

SamG187
07-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Personally I dont care what Aaron Rodgers thinks about Favre coming back, he better not play the victim role, WE gave a chance to his butt when he was all embarrassed and fell almost out of the first round in the draft when he was expected to go top 10, so as far as I'm concerned he is in our debt..Its could end up being the beef kind of like Montana and Young, but why dont he study how that situation played out if he is so cocky and confident Young eventually got his chance and won his super bowl...not to bad of a wait after all

Ryan Diesel
07-02-2008, 05:14 PM
He gives us the best chance to win games until we're deep in the playoffs and then all of the sudden he unravels in the final minutes.

Yeah I remember a whole bunch of morons who used to say that about John Elway. You must be too young to remember that, or just don't really pay attention to football.

ryanph30
07-02-2008, 05:15 PM

At least we know he can get us deep into the playoffs, we dont even know if Arod can play in this league.

wwfd1220

LOL !! you are entitled to your opinion j.w. rodgers may never even see the post season. unknown at this time. he has no playoff experience, and hardly any regular season experience. i will go with experience. but like i said, that is my opinion.

Ryan Diesel
I say if Rodgers can beat out Favre in preseason he can have the job lol

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 05:19 PM

maybe that will be the contingency of him coming back. who knows, maybe he will have to compete for the starting spot. :clap:

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Ryan Diesel can never argue any points with me and just resorts to accusing me of being a Vikings fan because I'm not down on my knees washing Favre's balls with every post.

Fact is we all saw Favre's playoff performances over the last decade and he has a terrible QB rating in those games. Make all the excuses you want. You can all get hyped over maybe getting to another second playoff game and losing if you want to but I'd prefer to go with the future guy and hope he can actually get us to the Super Bowl someday. Favre is not bigger than the Green Bay Packers.

But yeah, I must be a Vikings fan because I actually want the team to succeed.

SamG187
07-02-2008, 05:20 PM

Na cuz he probly will, playing against backup and Favre might come out a little rusty from sitting around but give him a little time and it will be like riding a bike

servais77
Yeah I hate having a starting quarterback that can lead us to the NFC Championship and be a MVP threat. Those guys suck.

wwfd1220
No wonder A-Rod is making rude comments.

lol, who knows he is retracting everything he said now anyways. a-rod that is.

newdude
07-02-2008, 05:22 PM
And it was Al Harris too who said it, and it seems he and Favre were kind of buddies, so who knows, :D

SamG187
07-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Ryan Diesel can never argue any points with me and just resorts to accusing me of being a Vikings fan because I'm not down on my knees washing Favre's balls with every post.

Fact is we all saw Favre's playoff performances over the last decade and he has a terrible QB rating in those games. Make all the excuses you want. You can all get hyped over maybe getting to another second playoff game and losing if you want to but I'd prefer to go with the future guy and hope he can actually get us to the Super Bowl someday. Favre is not bigger than the Green Bay Packers.

But yeah, I must be a Vikings fan because I actually want the team to succeed.

I get what your saying and I personally thought Favre played a fantastic game against the G-Men, If Harris wouldnt have gotten melted so bad we would have won, Favre scored every time we had to except the final drive, and what happened to the running in that game? I think we should have fed Grant alot more

Ryan Diesel
07-02-2008, 05:23 PM
This coming from the guy who types like he's in middle school. John Elway and Brett Favre are nothing alike.

Your right, Elway lost 3 Fn SB's and who knows how many years in the playoffs. Did you not watch football in the 80's and 90's?? He had knowitalls like yourself crying for Bubby Brister before he went on to win two in a row. Your out of your element dude. Hopefully you'll just go away like those people did when we win the SB with Favre this year. Have fun cheering against us because you'd rather be right than see Favre win another.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 05:24 PM
I get what your saying and I personally thought Favre played a fantastic game against the G-Men, If Harris wouldnt have gotten melted so bad we would have won, Favre scored every time we had to except the final drive, and what happened to the running in that game? I think we should have fed Grant alot more

It's true about Harris and Grant but the fact is the picks Favre hurled at the end were what cost us the game and they were totally unnecessary, especially the last one. Had he just hit his checkdown instead of throwing it in to double coverage it would have been fine.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Your right, Elway lost 3 Fn SB's and who knows how many years in the playoffs. Did you not watch football in the 80's and 90's?? He had knowitalls like yourself crying for Bubby Brister before he went on to win two in a row. Your out of your element dude. Hopefully you'll just go away like those people did when we win the SB with Favre this year. Have fun cheering against us because you'd rather be right than see Favre win another.

That's hilarious. I'd rather be right than see Favre win another?

More like you'd rather be right about Rodgers sucking than see him succeed. You and twelvepack. Just look at my sig. You accuse me of not being a Packer fan when in reality you two are the ones that are not supporting our quarterback unless it's Brett Favre. That's not what a fan does.

I'll root for Favre if he comes back but won't be shocked if he throws another season ending pick in overtime.

servais77
07-02-2008, 05:25 PM
It's true about Harris and Grant but the fact is the picks Favre hurled at the end were what cost us the game and they were totally unnecessary, especially the last one. Had he just hit his checkdown instead of throwing it in to double coverage it would have been fine.

I think it was a little more than Brett Favre that lost that game. The defense did nothing to win it that is for sure.

servais77
07-02-2008, 05:27 PM

More like you'd rather be right about Rodgers sucking than see him succeed. You and twelvepack. Just look at my sig. You accuse me of not being a Packer fan when in reality you two are the ones that are not supporting our quarterback unless it's Brett Favre. That's not what a fan does.

I'll root for Favre if he comes back but won't be shocked if he throws another season ending pick in overtime.

I wouldn't be shocked if Rodgers is worse than TJack either....If Favre wants to play we have to want him back. He gives us the best chance to win the whole ****ing thing.

Oh and trade for Jason Taylor too. Go all in.

jwdaly07
I think it was a little more than Brett Favre that lost that game. The defense did nothing to win it that is for sure.

All of that is true, but you cannot deny that the guy has not been good overall in the playoffs this decade. He has had some good games, but overall has been a bad playoff QB and it showed in overtime in that game.

SamG187

I think it looked like an obvious slip of the ball in the -5 degree temp, but its not about arguing about this or that, Favre had a GREAT year and Joe Montana could have even had a couple bad throw in that temp

Ryan Diesel
07-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Favre was not the reason we lost, we never should have been in overtime anyway, your clueless if you think otherwise. If Favre, or any QB for that matter has to throw 80% of the time against a SB winning defense lol, there is going to be a pick or two in there, especially if you go into overtime. We failed to run the ball, we ran like 15 times all game or something ridiculous. Dude said Favre can't play in the playoffs anymore, are you kidding me?? Did you sleep through the game against Seattle? Do you think Rodgers would have done better against the Defense that whooped on the undefeated Patriots?? Do you think we'd do better NEXT year with Rodgers over Favre??

Ryan Diesel
07-02-2008, 05:29 PM

I have never once said Rodgers would suck.

servais77
07-02-2008, 05:30 PM
All of that is true, but you cannot deny that the guy has not been good overall in the playoffs this decade. He has had some good games, but overall has been a bad playoff QB and it showed in overtime in that game.

He has been subpar in the playoffs but he still gives the Pack the best chance to win right now and this team is built to win right now.

I am skeptical that Rodgers can take this team to the playoffs much less the Super Bowl.

servais77
07-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Favre was not the reason we lost, we never should have been in overtime anyway, your clueless if you think otherwise. If Favre, or any QB for that matter has to throw 80% of the time against a SB winning defense lol, there is going to be a pick or two in there, especially if you go into overtime. We failed to run the ball, we ran like 15 times all game or something ridiculous. Dude said Favre can't play in the playoffs anymore, are you kidding me?? Did you sleep through the game against Seattle? Do you think Rodgers would have done better against the Defense that whooped on the undefeated Patriots?? Do you think we'd do better NEXT year with Rodgers over Favre?? The reason we call you a Queen fan is because they're the only other fan's that talk stupid like you.

Plus it was about negative 1000 degrees.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Favre was not the reason we lost, we never should have been in overtime anyway, your clueless if you think otherwise. If Favre, or any QB for that matter has to throw 80% of the time against a SB winning defense lol, there is going to be a pick or two in there, especially if you go into overtime. We failed to run the ball, we ran like 15 times all game or something ridiculous. Dude said Favre can't play in the playoffs anymore, are you kidding me?? Did you sleep through the game against Seattle? Do you think Rodgers would have done better against the Defense that whooped on the undefeated Patriots?? Do you think we'd do better NEXT year with Rodgers over Favre?? The reason we call you a Queen fan is because they're the only other fan's that talk stupid like you.

If you can't just argue points without acting like a little kid and calling people stupid or accusing them of being Viking fans then why are you even here?

Oh and look, someone's making a post full of excuses for Favre. What else is new?

Talk about the defense and Ryan Grant and all this crap, the bottom line is Favre threw the picks to let the Giants get into position to kick a field goal on us and win. He did the same thing in Eagles game back in 2003.

Rtardz
07-02-2008, 05:32 PM
I have no problem with him coming back. I was past it and ready to move on with the Rodgers era, but Favre is still a known sure thing ability wise and Rodgers isnt. And you only get one shot at a career.

servais77
07-02-2008, 05:33 PM
If you can't just argue points without acting like a little kid and calling people stupid or accusing them of being Viking fans then why are you even here?

Oh and look, someone's making a post full of excuses for Favre. What else is new?

Talk about the defense and Ryan Grant and all this crap, the bottom line is Favre threw the picks to let the Giants get into position to kick a field goal on us and win. He did the same thing in Eagles game back in 2003.

If it wasn't for Brett Favre the Packers would have been watching those games on TV.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 05:33 PM
He has been subpar in the playoffs but he still gives the Pack the best chance to win right now and this team is built to win right now.

I am skeptical that Rodgers can take this team to the playoffs much less the Super Bowl.

There's only one way to find out if he can, and sooner or later we will have to find out if the next guy can do the job. We can't ask Favre to play forever, and if Favre comes back, Rodgers leaves. We have to groom another guy. So then what, if Favre comes back for one year and then retires again? We have to wait another 2-3 years for Brohm to be ready? What if he sucks? Then how long are we set back for?

You better hope we win a Super Bowl in that one year of Favre or else it's a complete waste that sets us back at QB.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 05:35 PM
If it wasn't for Brett Favre the Packers would have been watching those games on TV.

Fantastic, but his time has come and gone, and I'm sick of knowing the season will end before the Super Bowl because Favre can't get us there. It's time to find out if someone else can do it.

Ryan Diesel
07-02-2008, 05:35 PM
And he also threw the TD's that got us there. lol Oh your going to bring up the Eagles game?? Only a queen would. Yeah 4th and 26 was totally Favres fault huh. Your not gonna win em all, ask Tom Brady. Like I said, Elway lost more big games than Favre before he won two in a row. It's pretty ignorant to say that Favre isn't good in the playoffs anymore.

servais77
07-02-2008, 05:36 PM
There's only one way to find out if he can, and sooner or later we will have to find out if the next guy can do the job. We can't ask Favre to play forever, and if Favre comes back, Rodgers leaves. We have to groom another guy. So then what, if Favre comes back for one year and then retires again? We have to wait another 2-3 years for Brohm to be ready? What if he sucks? Then how long are we set back for?

You better hope we win a Super Bowl in that one year of Favre or else it's a complete waste that sets us back at QB.

Why would Rodgers leave? If he does who cares. We are taking a step back regardless of who plays quarterback next. Personally I think Brohm is going to beat him out anyways.

I want to win now. If Favre isn't playing next year the Packers are wasting a great opportunity with a talented team.

wwfd1220
man tt has to be thinking that favre is like this hemhoroid that just will not go away no matter what he does to get rid of it

jwdaly07
It's pretty ignorant to say that Favre isn't good in the playoffs anymore.

Not really since servais just admitted as much. Check the numbers.

Seriously, you need to grow up. Not every Packer fan worships Favre as much as you do, some of us realize that life goes on when he retires. That doesn't make us Viking fans and you're baiting anyway.

Ryan Diesel
07-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Obviously the team knows Rodgers isn't the long term answer anyway, thats why they drafted Brohm. Rodgers is going to be a FA soon, so even if he plays good, he'll probably jet on us.

servais77
07-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Fantastic, but his time has come and gone, and I'm sick of knowing the season will end before the Super Bowl because Favre can't get us there. It's time to find out if someone else can do it.

Yes his time has come and gone considering he had a MVP season last year....:rolleyes:

newdude
07-02-2008, 05:39 PM

Sorry to jump in the conversation, but jwdaly07, yes Favre was not Mr. Clutch in the playoffs in the past few seasons, but u really should considered the teams that Favre was on for this decade. The early years of the decade, our whole team wasn't all that great, especially our defense was crap. Favre was really only surrounded by a good team (somewhat complete on both sides) in the playoffs once, which was last season. Look at Peyton Manning, he had a great offense for so long, but did crap in the playoffs against the Patriots, and his defense stank, so using ur mentality why didn't they just try using another QB. Look how he won the SB 2 years back bcuz he had a more complete team.

So let's not put it all on Favre.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Yes his time has come and gone considering he had a MVP season last year....:rolleyes:

His time has come and gone because he said "my career is over" and Aaron Rodgers has been preparing to play for months now. So yeah, his time is gone and the organization will not let him back, like it or not.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Obviously the team knows Rodgers isn't the long term answer anyway, thats why they drafted Brohm. Rodgers is going to be a FA soon, so even if he plays good, he'll probably jet on us.

The team drafted Brohm because they didn't have a backup and didn't want Daunte Culpepper's washed up *** as their backup.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 05:41 PM
It's all a moot point because there's zero chance Favre is starting for us week 1 unless Rodgers gets hurt before then. TT and McCarthy will not send Rodgers back to the bench.

servais77
07-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Not really since servais just admitted as much. Check the numbers.

Seriously, you need to grow up. Not every Packer fan worships Favre as much as you do, some of us realize that life goes on when he retires. That doesn't make us Viking fans and you're baiting anyway.

I don't understand how it is Favre Hero worship by us because we want him back. The guy is a hall of famer and one of the greats. Plus he is still a top 5 QB in the NFL. The Packers were a couple plays away from the Super Bowl with him. Lets try again. I don't understand how him coming back could be anything but positive.

XJW18
07-02-2008, 05:42 PM
wow
i feel pretty bad for Aaron Rodgers!!!

but maybe if Brett's here then Jason taylor might want to come play here also!

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 05:42 PM
It's Favre hero worship when it comes from a guy like Ryan Diesel who bashes Rodgers because he's not Brett Favre. How are you a Packer fan if you only will support one quarterback? You're not, you're a Brett Favre fan.

SDteacher
07-02-2008, 05:45 PM

Normally I'm with you on your posts, but I think you're taking this one a little too far to try to prove your point with Ryan D. You can't put all those playoff losses directly on Favres shoulders, I get what your saying but I think you've said a little too much and now you find yourself defending prior comments hence making you not look like the fan I know you are. I know you're a Packer fan but I can see how someone new to PSD or just an ignorant packerfan could think otherwise. Just an outsiders opinion.

I wish he would stay retired, but if he truly does want to come back I would be happy to have him be our QB.

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 05:45 PM
if fvare comes back. he starts week one. why wouldnt he start week one, he has been leading this team for 16 years. i think he has a grasp on the offense. i am sure he can get in shape in a month and a half. maybe he has been working out with a trainer, who knows. if favre comes back. he will be the starter. and if tt does not let him back, or releases him. he better hope rodgers has a very good year. or he will be run out of town.

iam brett favre
07-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Wow. if Favre wants to come back, but the Pack wont let him.. i will be crushed inside.

servais77
I am sure the Vikings would take Favre in with open arms.

jwdaly07
If Favre unretires he will be run out of town by TT.

iam brett favre
07-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Wow how wouldnt they let Favre come back!!?!?!!?!?!?!?

servais77
If Favre unretires he will be run out of town by TT.

TT will look like a moron then when Favre is signed by the Vikings and shreds us twice this year.

wwfd1220
tt will have no ther choice but to let favre back. he has been preaching winning for 3 years now. if tt was to not let favre play, he would be going against that ted thompsen winning philosephy

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 05:49 PM
TT will look like a moron then when Favre is signed by the Vikings and shreds us twice this year.

They wouldn't cut him, it would be a trade. And they wouldn't trade him to the Vikings obviously.

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 05:51 PM

tt would be publicly tarred and feathered. seriously, the vikings would be a team that comes calling. as would the bears. tt would be out of a job guaranteed.

servais77
07-02-2008, 05:54 PM
I can't imagine the Packers reinstating him and then trading him. I think they would just let him go by releasing him from his contract. If Ted Thompson wants to villified then he certainly should trade him. If they release him atleast they let him decide where he wants to go. They owe him that much. He was pretty instrumental in Ted and Mike's big contract extension. Without Brett those guys might be polishing their resumes right now.

iam brett favre
07-02-2008, 05:55 PM
:pity:
How could you let the franchise walk away? :cry:

iam brett favre
07-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Hopefully they'd take him back, and not release him.

socalpkrbkr
07-02-2008, 05:57 PM
I love it!

iam brett favre
07-02-2008, 05:59 PM
this is why i never got that upset over his retirement. i knew he'd be back. but now they might not let him play for the packers!?!?!?! they made it to the championship game with him last year, and a-rod hasn't done anything. let him play TT!

Rtardz
07-02-2008, 06:01 PM
you know what if he wants to come back great. if not I`ll move on. its not gonna tear up my world either way, I support the Packers and whoever is at the helm. Do I feel Favre gives a a better chance? Of course. Do I think its a little unfair to Rodgers? Yea, but you know what Brett has earned this right, God bless someone having a hard time giving a game they love to play and not love to make money at. I wish more players were in it for the game than the money like Brett is. But there is no sense in getting in arguments and belittling fellow Packer fans who we are supposed to walk side by side with. Believe me other teams are gonna be attacking us enough how about saving some of that energy to argue back with them.

Rtardz
07-02-2008, 06:01 PM
plus most of you who say he should still be retired now that he is were hoping he would come back before he said he was done.

iam brett favre
07-02-2008, 06:02 PM
I dont think its unfair to rodgers at all. what has he done to gain our respect, and trust over favre?

Rtardz
07-02-2008, 06:02 PM
sorry I that doesnt seem like good writing. Those who say he should stay retired now that he is. Were all hoping he would come back after the nfc championship.

iam brett favre
07-02-2008, 06:03 PM
I've cired once about the Packers. 4th and 26. If they dont let favre come back, it will be my 2nd time.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Scott Favre told TMJ4 that it isn't true.

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 06:07 PM
yeah, i am sure al harris made that whole story up. something is going on.

Urbs
07-02-2008, 06:07 PM
WOW!! This could get really messy. I really would love Favre to come back, however, this is going to cause a rift in the fans and the coachs/front office (mostly TT). I've loved Favre since I was a kid, but I don't know if it would be worth it. The team may not perform like they did last year, we have a very tough schedule and teams will be gunning for us. But I really do think Favre gives us the best chance to win now.

THIS IS WHAT SCARES ME...... TT would most likely shop Brett or release him.. This is something straight out of my worst nightmare and is proof that Thompson is an incompetent fool. It seems to me Rodgers may have some animosity towards fans and possibly even the team itself.

This is a far worse thing than it seems, unfortunately.

socalpkrbkr
07-02-2008, 06:08 PM
LOL at you people that want him to not play. Are you serious with that? I mean its only the greatest Green Bay Packer of all ****ing time that were talking about here.

servais77
Scott Favre told TMJ4 that it isn't true.

You must be happy then.

Ryan Diesel
It's Favre hero worship when it comes from a guy like Ryan Diesel who bashes Rodgers because he's not Brett Favre. How are you a Packer fan if you only will support one quarterback? You're not, you're a Brett Favre fan.

I have never bashed Rodgers in any way other than saying that he's not as good as Favre. I've never said he wasn't good. I might have kinda bashed his haircut once, but thats pretty much it. Don't twist my words with something someone else said.

jwdaly07
yeah, i am sure al harris made that whole story up. something is going on.

All Al Harris said was that Favre once told him "I've got the itch". Back when Favre retired he said as training camp rolled around, he would have that itch and would start to miss the game. That doesn't mean he is coming back.

Smithy04
07-02-2008, 06:09 PM
This is some of the best news I've heard in a while. I knew Favre couldn't stay away from us for that long. He wants that Super Bowl ring and knows that we can win it. PLEASE come back Brett and the front office better allow him to return as well. I know Brett, the players, coaches, and fans all want him to come back.

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 06:12 PM
iwas under the impression that the al harris interview was from earlier today. my bad if i am wrong. i just watched in on the 5 o'clock news. sounds like he has talked to al harris recently about returning. maybe i am wrong. i know i want him back

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Yes, it was from today. But Al Harris said today that awhile ago he talked to Favre and Favre said he "had the itch". He didn't say when exactly Favre said that, or what else he said. The fact is Favre has been saying he would have the itch this time of the year. This doesn't seem like anything new unless there's something else they aren't reporting.

Game_Over
07-02-2008, 06:15 PM
This is a good thing, I mean Madden would be lost without his "Man Crush" Farve in the league!!

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Yes, it was from today. But Al Harris said today that awhile ago he talked to Favre and Favre said he "had the itch". He didn't say when exactly Favre said that, or what else he said. The fact is Favre has been saying he would have the itch this time of the year. This doesn't seem like anything new unless there's something else they aren't reporting.

well obviously, he has "had the itch" somewhat recently. seeing as though it was not that long ago he stated he was done. i guess we read into the stories we want to in the ways we want to hear them.

iam brett favre
07-02-2008, 06:20 PM
LOL at you people that want him to not play. Are you serious with that? I mean its only the greatest Green Bay Packer of all ****ing time that were talking about here.

I know I truly dont understand how you'd pick Aaron rodgers over favre. that makes me sick. :puke:

tbizzle1984
07-02-2008, 06:21 PM
I would love it if he came back .. but I am also prepared if he doesn't.

Favre is the man, no matter what, fun to watch.

iam brett favre
07-02-2008, 06:24 PM
If he just stays retired, I guess I'm OK with that. If TT lets him play for another team, that is something I couldnt handle. I would be so so so so dissapointed.

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 06:24 PM
jw i hope you are watching tmj 4 right now. scott favre says he feels 50-50 or better chances he returns. and the packers have refused to release him according to tmj 4 news

RcrkllrH2
07-02-2008, 06:25 PM
whether or not the pack take him back is kind of a separate issue altogether

although if the pack dont want him back, theres no way he will play for anyone else. favres not gonna play for the sake of playing...hes gonna play for a team that he thinks will win a championship and theres no team in the league in that situation who would take a 38 year old qb

its packers or nothing....and its going to be nothing

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 06:26 PM
jw i hope you are watching tmj 4 right now. scott favre says he feels 50-50 or better chances he returns. and the packers have refused to release him according to tmj 4 news

Don't worry, there's zero chance Favre starts for us next year.

wwfd1220
packers REFUSING to realease him is saying something. somebody knows something that they are not sharing with others. of course it is just the news in milwaukee

servais77
whether or not the pack take him back is kind of a separate issue altogether

although if the pack dont want him back, theres no way he will play for anyone else. favres not gonna play for the sake of playing...hes gonna play for a team that he thinks will win a championship and theres no team in the league in that situation who would take a 38 year old qb

its packers or nothing....and its going to be nothing

Um...The Vikings think they are a championship team with a shaky at best quarterback.

Rtardz
07-02-2008, 06:27 PM
I would be really excited if he came back. If not I`ll move on but he better not go to another team. If Rodgers gets all upset and wants to get traded we got Brohm in the wings.

iam brett favre
07-02-2008, 06:27 PM
So if they are refusing to release him, they obvouisly want him back..

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 06:28 PM
It would be humorous to see Viking fans do a complete 180 on Favre if they signed him, like they did with Sharper.

RcrkllrH2
07-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Um...The Vikings think they are a championship team with a shaky at best quarterback.

it doesnt matter what the vikings think....it matters what brett and conventional football wisdom thinks

and thats the packers or nothing

servais77
07-02-2008, 06:31 PM
it doesnt matter what the vikings think....it matters what brett and conventional football wisdom thinks

and thats the packers or nothing

So Brett told you its the Packers or nothing.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 06:31 PM
So if they are refusing to release him, they obvouisly want him back..

...No, maybe they just don't want to give him the freedom to sign with a division rival or someone else in the NFC.

RcrkllrH2
07-02-2008, 06:32 PM
this is what brett needs to do....

he needs to call a press conference and say "i will play one more year...thats it...just one...then i am done"

then the whole team can rally behind him, they can play their hearts out for him, and the admin can tell aaron "hey man, one more year....thats it....then the team is yours"

its a win win because it would give us the best chance to win next year, without sacrificing the future franchise qb in rodgers

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 06:33 PM
"Brett's a high-quality person and he's not going to push it that far. He'll do the right thing [and stay retired]," ESPN.com quoted a team source as saying. "This was almost predictable, the idea that Brett would get the itch to play as we get closer to the season."

Sounds to me like if the team sources are saying he should "do the right thing and stay retired" they aren't too keen on the idea of bringing him back

RcrkllrH2
07-02-2008, 06:34 PM
So Brett told you its the Packers or nothing.

brett didnt tell me anything

im just voicing my opinion like everyone else on the board

Ryan Diesel
07-02-2008, 06:37 PM
It would be humorous to see Viking fans do a complete 180 on Favre if they signed him, like they did with Sharper.

I find absolutely nothing humorous about Favre in Viking uniform.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 06:38 PM

Considering the Bears were able to beat us for the last 2 seasons despite playing against Favre I don't see why we couldn't beat another team with Favre on it. Especially seeing as our defense is better than the Bears' was last year.

Soop
07-02-2008, 06:39 PM

I'd hate to see him on the Vikes too. I'd welcome him w/ open arms in an instant.

socalpkrbkr
07-02-2008, 06:39 PM

No doubt. I would want to stab my eyes out.

Soop
07-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Considering the Bears were able to beat us for the last 2 seasons despite playing against Favre I don't see why we couldn't beat another team with Favre on it. Especially seeing as our defense is better than the Bears' was last year.

That's because of the ton of injuries buddy, don't get it twisted. The Lions sweeping us should give you an idea how bad we were.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 06:42 PM
That's because of the ton of injuries buddy, don't get it twisted. The Lions sweeping us should give you an idea how bad we were.

What's your point exactly? That changes nothing with what I've said.

And our defense will be better this year anyway.

Soop
07-02-2008, 06:45 PM
What's your point exactly? That changes nothing with what I've said.

And our defense will be better this year anyway.

My point is you guys were only better in stats because of us getting hit by the injury bug. Why is it so hard to understand that?

Your defense will be better just because you say so, okay. :rolleyes:

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 06:47 PM
My point is you guys were only better in stats because of us getting hit by the injury bug. What's so hard to understand that?

Are you that dense? The point was about the fact that even with their bad defense last year, the Bears beat the Packers with Favre. The reason why their defense was bad is completely irrelevant, so why are you bringing it up? Go make excuses for your defense in the Bears forum, because that has nothing to do with this discussion.

socalpkrbkr
07-02-2008, 06:47 PM
My point is you guys were only better in stats because of us getting hit by the injury bug. What's so hard to understand that?

oh and also the FACT that the crappy Bears haven't got a QB that could hit water if he fell out of a boat. Get lost with your fantasizing about Brett in a Bear uni. That **** will never happen. EVER

RcrkllrH2
07-02-2008, 06:50 PM
oh and also the FACT that the crappy Bears haven't got a QB that could hit water if he fell out of a boat. Get lost with your fantasizing about Brett in a Bear uni. That **** will never happen. EVER

i agree with you

but its not like we arent suggesting it with the whole "brett might go to the vikings" posts

iam brett favre
07-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Why is there a bears fan, and an anti-favre guy here anyway?

Soop
07-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Are you that dense? The point was about the fact that even with their bad defense last year, the Bears beat the Packers with Favre. The reason why their defense was bad is completely irrelevant, so why are you bringing it up? Go make excuses for your defense in the Bears forum, because that has nothing to do with this discussion.

Especially seeing as our defense is better than the Bears' was last year :crazy: dense?

Who would've thought the Green Bay Packers would be denying their great Brett Favre from coming back? I bet you and I never saw that happening. Don't tell me it'll never happen, anything's possible. It's not likely, but what is?

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 06:56 PM
:crazy: dense?

What part of this are you not getting? All I said was our defense was better than yours last year. I didn't say why. Yet you felt the need to say "don't get it twisted" as if I had implied that you guys didn't have injuries or something. You somehow got defensive and felt the need to start giving out excuses about why the Bears defense sucked last year when no one else was discussing that.

So yes, you are indeed very very dense.

SoCalPacker2
07-02-2008, 06:57 PM
I for one, would not like to see Favre come back. I'm completely content with the way he went out coming in 2nd in MVP and getting to the NFC championship game when everyone pretty much wrote us off coming into the season.

Also, with Favre back, anything less than a Superbowl will be a complete failure and who knows how it would affect our franchise for the future, and not to mention ARod.

Soop
07-02-2008, 06:58 PM

Why do you guys get so mad about me coming in your forum? I'm coming in to talk about football w/ you guys not to flame you guys what so ever. I've always respected Favre and I'm interested in what he's going to do.

iam brett favre
07-02-2008, 06:59 PM
I dont see why we wouldnt make another superbowl push with favre. With him... I dont think so.

iam brett favre
07-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Why do you guys get so mad about me coming in your forum? I'm coming in to talk about football w/ you guys not to flame you guys what so ever. I've always respected Favre and I'm interested in what he's going to do.

If I came to the Bears forum and talked about Re.....:laugh2: Rex Gros.....:laugh2: I just cant do it!
Serouisly though, I think you are trying to cause problems.

wissportsfan
07-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Favre coming back would kill his reputation all over the league. He should stay retired.

jwdaly07
Favre coming back would kill his reputation all over the league. He should stay retired.

Agreed 1000%

socalpkrbkr
i agree with you

but its not like we arent suggesting it with the whole "brett might go to the vikings" posts

It ain't happening bro. The organization will not release him so he can go and play somewhere else. Releasing him would be the stupidest move of all time. Let the greatest player to ever wear your uniform go when he can still perform at a high level. (see 2007 season) Take a chance on him competing against you and quite possibly on a division rivals team. You piss the fans off and set yourself up to look like a fool. I don't think TT wants that on his hands. Brett's not going to **** the Packers no matter how bad he wants to play. Its the Packers or nothing. Yes that's my opinion on Brett and I base it on listening to him throughout the course of his career.

iam brett favre
07-02-2008, 07:01 PM
How would it kill his reputation? Did it kill MJ's?

Soop
07-02-2008, 07:02 PM
What part of this are you not getting? All I said was our defense was better than yours last year. I didn't say why. Yet you felt the need to say "don't get it twisted" as if I had implied that you guys didn't have injuries or something. You somehow got defensive and felt the need to start giving out excuses about why the Bears defense sucked last year when no one else was discussing that.

So yes, you are indeed very very dense.
Defensive, not at all. Just thought I'd point that out to you since you mentioned the Bears.

I bet your one of those guys that loves to argue and think they're right all the time.

sooper44: Packers forum, is this true?
Packer forum: :nod:

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 07:03 PM

MJ didn't have another player waiting in the wings to replace him.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Defensive , not at all. Just thought I'd point that out to you sice you mentioned the Bears.

I bet your one of those guys that loves to argue and think they're right all the time.

sooper44: Packers forum, is this true?
Packer forum: :nod:

I love to argue? Aren't you the one who started an argument over something totally irrelevant to the conversation?

iam brett favre
07-02-2008, 07:04 PM

I'm SO tired of hearing that. What has he done to make us think that he can be better than Favre this year? Start a game? Win a game? Anything?

Soop
07-02-2008, 07:04 PM
If I came to the Bears forum and talked about Re.....:laugh2: Rex Gros.....:laugh2: I just cant do it!
Serouisly though, I think you are trying to cause problems.

See, that's the difference. I came in here w/ respect for Favre and some of you guys are getting defensive because I'm a Bears fan. Grow up!

socalpkrbkr
07-02-2008, 07:05 PM

yeah because Brett would really care about what others would think.:rolleyes: You of all people should know better.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm SO tired of hearing that. What has he done to make us think that he can be better than Favre this year? Start a game? Win a game? Anything?

Yeah that makes sense, let's just keep going with Favre until he's on his deathbed because nobody else is as proven as he is. :rolleyes:

iam brett favre
07-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Yeah that makes sense, let's just keep going with Favre until he's on his deathbed because nobody else is as proven as he is. :rolleyes:

Yeah, becasue thats what I said right?
If Favre wants to come back, there's no way you can say, we dont want you, we have Aaron rodgers. thats just stupid.

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 07:07 PM
remember the letterman interview ? remeber when favre said that come training camp time "something is bound to happen" he just didnt want to do the mini camps this year. lol, i guess we will see what happens

Soop
07-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Aren't you the one who started an argument over something totally irrelevant to the conversation?
It wasn't irrelevant to the convo at all.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 07:09 PM
It wasn't irrelevant to the convo at all.

Yes, it completely was. I said nothing about WHY the Bears defense sucked yet you came in here saying "hey don't get it twisted, the only reason our defense was bad was cause blah blah blah"

My point was about how we were not unstoppable with Favre, yet people are acting like the Vikings would be with him

Your point defending the Bears defense's suckiness last year was totally irrelevant and you were trying to provoke an argument over it

Soop
07-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Yes, it completely was. I said nothing about WHY the Bears defense sucked yet you came in here saying "hey don't get it twisted, the only reason our defense was bad was cause blah blah blah"

My point was about how we were not unstoppable with Favre, yet people are acting like the Vikings would be with him

Your point defending the Bears defense's suckiness last year was totally irrelevant and you were trying to provoke an argument over it

What a way to spin it bud. Look, I'm tired of your lame arguments and tired of this whole convo spinning in a circle. I'll be back in a while.

wissportsfan
07-02-2008, 07:15 PM

Favre's time is over. I hate to say it but it is. He made a decision to retire. I think this is maybe more of an effort on his agent than Favre but that could just be my feeling.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 07:16 PM
What a way to spin it bud. Look, I'm tired of your lame arguments and tired of this whole convo spinning in a circle. I'll be back in a while.

Yeah I really spinned it :rolleyes:

We both know it was irrelevant and you're just leaving cause you've got no comeback.

wissportsfan
07-02-2008, 07:18 PM
yeah because Brett would really care about what others would think.:rolleyes: You of all people should know better.

I know he doesn't care. It's in his best interest though to stay retired. He's not going to be the same. He's probably going be out of shape and there is a greater chance that something could happen to him.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 07:21 PM
I'm tired of this discussion so I will just say this. I hope he stays retired, for a number of reasons. One because I just want the team to move on since we will have to sooner or later, two because I don't want to hear all the media bull**** about him coming back or being selfish or whatever, and three because I believe Rodgers will be a great replacement.

If he comes back, obviously I'll root for him as hard as anyone else. I just hope he doesn't.

iam brett favre
07-02-2008, 07:21 PM
why would he be out of shape all of a sudden?

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 07:23 PM
I know he doesn't care. It's in his best interest though to stay retired. He's not going to be the same. He's probably going be out of shape and there is a greater chance that something could happen to him.

hey wis, not to bust your nuts or anything, but scott favre did say in his interview with tmj 4, that brett has been working with a personal trainer all summer long. so you can throw out that being out of shape deal. what weird thing though. his interview with letterman, and now this.

RcrkllrH2
07-02-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm tired of this discussion so I will just say this. I hope he stays retired, for a number of reasons. One because I just want the team to move on since we will have to sooner or later, two because I don't want to hear all the media bull**** about him coming back or being selfish or whatever, and three because I believe Rodgers will be a great replacement.

If he comes back, obviously I'll root for him as hard as anyone else. I just hope he doesn't.

that probably sums it up greater than anyone else here i have heard

i usually agree with your posts...and this is no exception

100000% agree

SamG187
07-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Yea this whole MJ didnt have somebody waiting in the wings argument is rediculous, MJ is the biggest ego maniac to ever play any sports..Dont get me wrong I love michael Jordan but no comparison, it would be different if Favre bought the Washington Redskins and made himself the starting QB like Mike did

socalpkrbkr
07-02-2008, 07:26 PM

Sounds to me like you just don't want him to stumble. You know Brett ain't throwing back beers and sitting around on his couch all day. He could easily get into football shape with the time we still have left before the season. If your worried about Rodgers I can understand that. However we did draft a couple of QBs. Brett coming back isn't a bad thing. I really don't think that we will be back in the NFC Championship game in Rodgers first year. We have a much better shot at it with Favre.

wissportsfan
07-02-2008, 07:27 PM

I really agree with all that. I don't want him to be that kind of player that never lets go. He is the hero in GB. If he moves on to another team it just wouldn't seem the same.

why would he be out of shape all of a sudden?

I think a better question would be why wouldn't he be. He hasn't done anything for how long now? At his age his body isn't going to want to move as well and he'll get out of shape faster.

SamG187
07-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Out of shape? Favre? you seen the bowflex commercials haha

wissportsfan
07-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Sounds to me like you just don't want him to stumble. You know Brett ain't throwing back beers and sitting around on his couch all day. He could easily get into football shape with the time we still have left before the season. If your worried about Rodgers I can understand that. However we did draft a couple of QBs. Brett coming back isn't a bad thing. I really don't think that we will be back in the NFC Championship game in Rodgers first year. We have a much better shot at it with Favre.

Favre isn't coming back with the Packers I already know that. Do I want him to go to another team and possible help them? Absolutely not. You'd be crazy to think that I want Favre to help out another team. Is it best for him to come back? I don't think so. Do I think he misses the game and wants to come back? Yes. Am I worried that Rodgers might stumble on his face? Who isn't, but I do know if Rodgers did stumble and come out to be a bust we wouldn't be calling Favre to come play again for us. Do I think we have a better chance with Favre? Thats a ridiculous question because he isn't coming back with the Packers. I think I have spread my opinion and don't need to alaborate on it any further.

ryanph30
07-02-2008, 07:34 PM
See, that's the difference. I came in here w/ respect for Favre and some of you guys are getting defensive because I'm a Bears fan. Grow up!

:eyebrow:

Well well well, look who we have here.

ryanph30
07-02-2008, 07:40 PM
They just said on ESPN that Brett has said this whole report is "all just rumor".

socalpkrbkr
07-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Favre isn't coming back with the Packers I already know that. Do I want him to go to another team and possible help them? Absolutely not. You'd be crazy to think that I want Favre to help out another team. Is it best for him to come back? I don't think so. Do I think he misses the game and wants to come back? Yes. Am I worried that Rodgers might stumble on his face? Who isn't, but I do know if Rodgers did stumble and come out to be a bust we wouldn't be calling Favre to come play again for us. Do I think we have a better chance with Favre? Thats a ridiculous question because he isn't coming back with the Packers. I think I have spread my opinion and don't need to alaborate on it any further.

You aren't getting hurt feelings on me wiss are you? I didn't ask you, I stated a FACT. It's all good man, whatever.

servais77
07-02-2008, 07:47 PM

This offseason probably hasn't been any different than last offseason. Favre has never been a big workout guy and frankly he doesn't have to be. He can certainly get in shape for the upcoming season in the next two months. There is no doubt about that.

servais77
07-02-2008, 07:49 PM

Brian Brohm's not ready yet

Soop
07-02-2008, 07:56 PM

x2

RcrkllrH2
07-02-2008, 08:12 PM

thats cuz brian brohm will never start for the packers....unless theres an injury

RcrkllrH2
07-02-2008, 08:18 PM
i am curious as to why you think brohm will be so much better than rodgers

brohm has done nothing but have ONE good year in college, and then be consistent

and all aaron has done is learn underneath the greatest qb in nfl history, play in the nfl, and have the full support of his team and coaches

SamG187
07-02-2008, 08:35 PM
i am curious as to why you think brohm will be so much better than rodgers

brohm has done nothing but have ONE good year in college, and then be consistent

and all aaron has done is learn underneath the greatest qb in nfl history, play in the nfl, and have the full support of his team and coaches

I dont know the stats off the top but im pretty sure Brohm had more than 1 good year, I think he finished with most yard in Louisville history with like over 11,000..not sure somebody could look it up but bottom line more than just one good year

SamG187
07-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Yea I just looked it up..he definetly had 3 good years and even did pretty good with limited play as a freshman, feel free to look it up

BaRRySandAmaN
07-02-2008, 08:41 PM
I may be a Lions fan, but I hope Brett Favre doesnt come back for the Reason that Aaron Rodgers has already been told its his job to lose, and he did go through that tearful goodbye to Football. Dont get me wrong I'm a Brett Favre fan but come on... Buss Cook has alot to do with this

RcrkllrH2
07-02-2008, 08:43 PM
well right

i did say he was consistent....consistently good is still consistent

but it was his junior year that really made him noticed, which is why i said the one good year

SamG187
07-02-2008, 08:46 PM
One thing I dont like about Brohm compared to A-Rod is the arm strength, Rodgers has a cannon and Brohm not so much so

Rtardz
07-02-2008, 08:50 PM
http://www.madison.com/wsj/blogs/Packers/294432

Rtardz
07-02-2008, 08:50 PM
a little more in depth, states where packers refused his release supposedly

Urbs
07-02-2008, 09:00 PM
WOW!! This could get really messy. I really would love Favre to come back, however, this is going to cause a rift in the fans and the coachs/front office (mostly TT). I've loved Favre since I was a kid, but I don't know if it would be worth it. The team may not perform like they did last year, we have a very tough schedule and teams will be gunning for us. But I really do think Favre gives us the best chance to win now.

THIS IS WHAT SCARES ME...... TT would most likely shop Brett or release him.. This is something straight out of my worst nightmare and is proof that Thompson is an incompetent fool. It seems to me Rodgers may have some animosity towards fans and possibly even the team itself.

This is a far worse thing than it seems, unfortunately.

SamG187
07-02-2008, 09:01 PM
a little more in depth, states where packers refused his release supposedly

good info...God I hope he doesnt play for a divisional team if he comes back..I dont think the PAckers would be that stupid and let that happen..But at the same time I'm a huge Brett Favre fan and I guess not wanting him to go to another team is pretty selfish expecially if he want to play again and the Pack wont let him

Urbs
07-02-2008, 09:03 PM
ok, one more thing....

Ok, so I seem to remember Brett thinking TT and MM didnt want him to come back and wanted to move forward with Rodgers.. So do you think this whole retirement deal was his way of testing them?? So he could get out of his contract to play for another team?? you know a team with a GM that actually wanted him around, who wasnt only obsessed with his own players starting?? IDK, i hope this isnt true but its just a thought.

SamG187
07-02-2008, 09:06 PM
ok, one more thing....

Ok, so I seem to remember Brett thinking TT and MM didnt want him to come back and wanted to move forward with Rodgers.. So do you think this whole retirement deal was his way of testing them?? So he could get out of his contract to play for another team?? you know a team with a GM that actually wanted him around, who wasnt only obsessed with his own players starting?? IDK, i hope this isnt true but its just a thought.

Very well could be, same thing pretty much happend to montana and he went to KC

Soop
07-02-2008, 09:13 PM
thats cuz brian brohm will never start for the packers....unless theres an injury

Or if Rodgers sucks after all.

Soop
07-02-2008, 09:15 PM
One thing I dont like about Brohm compared to A-Rod is the arm strength, Rodgers has a cannon and Brohm not so much so

Brohm has a .22 Derringer.

Soop
07-02-2008, 09:16 PM
three options: Re-activate him, release him or trade him.

RcrkllrH2
07-02-2008, 09:25 PM
ok then....for rodgers haters

what makes you think brohm will be so much better?

tbizzle1984
07-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Packers | Favre denies comeback reports
Wed, 2 Jul 2008 18:07:36 -0700

NFL Network reports former Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre is denying reports that he is talking about coming out of retirement.

http://www.kffl.com/team/17/nfl

bogmon
07-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Favre needs to shut his mouth and sit the ****** down.....
I love this guy, but enough is enough.....they just drafted 2 friggin' QB's cuz yo dumb *** and now you "feel the itch"

Well, no s**t....buy some tinactin and go fishin'.

The team has moved on....so should Favre....before this gets messy!

Soop
07-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Favre needs to shut his mouth and sit the ****** down.....
I love this guy, but enough is enough.....they just drafted 2 friggin' QB's cuz yo dumb *** and now you "feel the itch"

Well, no s**t....buy some tinactin and go fishin'.

:laugh2: :clap:

Soop
07-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Am I the only one that thinks he's denying the comeback because GB said no?

Packersfan
07-02-2008, 09:45 PM
I think the packers need 2 end these rumors, either accept him 4 this year, or just move on. The locker room is being divided, and this is only hurting our qb of the present, aaron rodgers.

Soop
07-02-2008, 09:49 PM
I think the packers need 2 end these rumors, either accept him 4 this year, or just move on. The locker room is being divided, and this is only hurting our qb of the present, aaron rodgers.

I agree. This is only going to drive A-Rod more insane. With his stupid remarks and this, who knows what frame of mind A-Rod is in.

RcrkllrH2
07-02-2008, 10:32 PM
to be honest...id love for aaron to do something

call up brett...meet with him...and lay it all down

say "hey, i dont need this, you told me you retired and passed the torch onto me, now you look at me in the face and tell me if youre coming back this season or not, cuz its now or never. none of this in the middle of the season crap, now or never"

if there was a report that aaron did that, my respect for him would go through the roof

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 11:19 PM
to be honest...id love for aaron to do something

call up brett...meet with him...and lay it all down

say "hey, i dont need this, you told me you retired and passed the torch onto me, now you look at me in the face and tell me if youre coming back this season or not, cuz its now or never. none of this in the middle of the season crap, now or never"

if there was a report that aaron did that, my respect for him would go through the roof

i would have to concurr with you on that

iam brett favre
07-02-2008, 11:24 PM
He could be denying it because they told him no.. or because he wants it to be a big suprise

hughest4
07-02-2008, 11:54 PM

Well, any fan of any team is allowed here and it doesn't really seem like he is trying to bait or anything like that. His team plays us 2 times a year so i think Favre possibly returning affects him.

I'm not completely sure how i feel about the whole situation. There is a part of me that loves to watch him play every week but it seems like that part is in the minority. I feel like it could hurt Favre if he decided to un-retire. At this point i don't know how big of a deal this is because i'm sure he has had the itch since he retired.

But i cannot see him ever going to the Vikes!

BaRRySandAmaN
07-02-2008, 11:54 PM
He could be denying it because they told him no.. or because he wants it to be a big suprise
No I was informed by a friend that lives in Bristol, When I can get proof of this, he said that the Source closest to both Favre and the Packers was Al Harris. He was said to be in the studios at the time of this rumor. After hearing that from a friend that I have known since grade school, I really think this is a Smoke screen. Buss Cook wants it, Al Harris wants it, Green Bay doesnt want this.

Soop
07-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Well, any fan of any team is allowed here and it doesn't really seem like he is trying to bait or anything like that. His team plays us 2 times a year so i think Favre possibly returning affects him.

I'm not completely sure how i feel about the whole situation. There is a part of me that loves to watch him play every week but it seems like that part is in the minority. I feel like it could hurt Favre if he decided to un-retire. At this point i don't know how big of a deal this is because i'm sure he has had the itch since he retired.

But i cannot see him ever going to the Vikes!

Thanks Hugh. How about the Bears? Would you mind if he landed on the Bears? There's more teams than Chicago and Minnesota but as far as it seems, those have to be the top two candidates IF he left.

hughest4
07-03-2008, 12:38 AM
Thanks Hugh. How about the Bears? Would you mind if he landed on the Bears? There's more teams than Chicago and Minnesota but as far as it seems, those have to be the top two candidates IF he left.

Yeah, i think it would be kind of the same feeling if he somehow ended up with the Bears. They are probably the 2 best possible situations outside of Green Bay for him, but also the 2 teams that i don't want to see him play for. They are our rivals and it would just be so weird. I think i would have to kind of hate Favre...in a way

Mavsbball531
07-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Damn Right! LONG LIVE # 4!!!!!!!! COME ON BACK ILL BE WAITING WITH ALL OF OUR FANS WITH OPEN ARMS

iam brett favre
07-03-2008, 02:36 AM
Werd Mavsbball531.

Dabull311
07-03-2008, 05:45 AM
I like the idea of Brett coming back to the Packers. The Packers are interested in Jason Taylor and he said he wouldn't be interested in a trade to the Packers if Favre wasn't on the team. I was kind of wandering if Jason and Brett had a conversation together about coming out of retirement so he could go be traded to a playoff ready team. + I don't like the comments that Aaron Rodgers made in that article about Green Bay and it's fans when he hasn't even played a whole fricken game yet, he should just shut his mouth and let this play out because he is only damaging himself because all qb's that follow legends are going to be compared by the fans plus the media.

Rtardz
07-03-2008, 06:30 AM

its funny how you clap and laugh and agree when someone says Brett needs to shut up and go away. but then you seriously ask if the Bears have a shot at landing him? This goes to prove every fan that is not of Green Bay only hates him because they never had him.

turftoe35
07-03-2008, 08:02 AM
This may have been anticipated by the Packers' front office all along. There may be a very good reason why the team opted to draft a solid prospect QB in the draft rather than signing a veteran backup. I know a million dollar offer was made to Culpepper, but who really thinks Duante would have made 53 man roster? He would have been as expendable as Matt Flynn is now. Just a thought.

Mziolkow
07-03-2008, 09:30 AM
The bears would be a terrible fit for Favre. Their offensive line is awful(even with Chris W) and he would get destroyed by it. They have a rookie running backs and the biggest bunch of scrub *** recievers i have ever seen collected on a single team. Brandon Lloyd? What a joke...

The vikes would make alot of sense though, which scares me

duncky1188
07-03-2008, 10:58 AM
It is time to move on. The Packers are now Rodgers team. I loved Favre to death when he played and defended him every time one of my friends made fun of him. But he retired he needs to stay retired.

servais77
07-03-2008, 02:12 PM
It is time to move on. The Packers are now Rodgers team. I loved Favre to death when he played and defended him every time one of my friends made fun of him. But he retired he needs to stay retired.

Yes because no great player has ever un-retired. :rolleyes:

servais77
07-03-2008, 02:18 PM
You really need to quit sucking Favres nuts.

Wow Good one Buddy.

ryanph30
07-03-2008, 02:37 PM
As much as it kills me to say this, it is time to move on.

servais77
07-03-2008, 02:55 PM
As much as it kills me to say this, it is time to move on.

Why? Because I can come up with a boatload of reasons why he should still play.

Skywatcher
07-03-2008, 02:56 PM
three options: Re-activate him, release him or trade him.

Option 4: He comes out of retirement as the Packer's savior when Rodgers goes down with an injury during the season. History shows that Rodgers is relatively fragile. He's certainly no Favre.

ryanph30
07-03-2008, 03:17 PM

We just play this waiting game every year and like it or not it hurts the team. The team (players, coaches, etc) have moved on and now view Arod as the QB IMO. A part of me wants him to come back for just 1 more year because we are legit SB contenders, but how much longer can we do this to Rodgers? What if he wants out if Brett comes back and then Favre is gone after this year anyway? And Brohm would/will not be ready to start the season after the next.

Rtardz
07-03-2008, 03:19 PM
wouldnt it be awesome if they keep it a secret he`s back until the mnf game, and when they ar5e introducing the players he comes running out with his uni on

servais77
07-03-2008, 03:25 PM
We just play this waiting game every year and like it or not it hurts the team. The team (players, coaches, etc) have moved on and now view Arod as the QB IMO. A part of me wants him to come back for just 1 more year because we are legit SB contenders, but how much longer can we do this to Rodgers? What if he wants out if Brett comes back and then Favre is gone after this year anyway? And Brohm would/will not be ready to start the season after the next.

One, Rodgers is under contract through next year. At which point he is a restricted free agent afterwards. Meaning we can put a tender on him of a 1st and a 3rd. Nobody is signing him for that. If they do then you go with Brohm. Not sure how you are so sure that he won't be ready next year. I have no problem with that. If Rodgers does then look to trade him. This is not the minor leagues where we are developing players for down the road. The Packers were close to winning the whole thing last year. Favre gives us that same chance this year. Obviously he rushed the decision and is having second thoughts. Pretty sure the rest of this team can adjust to him coming back in the fold. He has only been doing this stuff for about two decades.

If he does come back he needs to say this is it....Then every team and city he goes to can have their farewell. It works better that way IMO. I guess the Packers could always just release him, watch the Vikings sign him and we can have a return of Favre/Packer jersey retiring in the same game opening night. That would be a lot of fun if you like watching your favorite organization be embarrassed.

jericson
07-07-2008, 06:57 PM

Ok, I'm all ears. What are they?