PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Summer League

tru_warrior
07-02-2008, 03:58 PM
The Summer League roster and schedule was released today.

DeMarcus Nelson is on our roster! :clap:

Aside from him, no one really stands out. We have BWright, Belinelli, C.J, Randolph and Hendrix headlining the roster.

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Nice!!! Do you have a link?

Tmac416
07-02-2008, 04:46 PM
??

tru_warrior
07-02-2008, 04:47 PM
its just on the warriors website. click on the pic of marco.

Tmac416
07-02-2008, 04:47 PM
nahhh

gswmentality
07-02-2008, 04:51 PM
the summer roster isnt filled with much talent but lets say that one person excels. nelson praises him and gives him all the credit for working hard but when the season comes along, hes the last person on the bench. thats what happen to belinelli last year and hopefully nelly keeps his word this year on using younger players to develop them and let them reach toward their potentials. hopefully wright and belinelli will become better role players if not star players in our rotation during the regular seasons. cmon nelly, give these guys a chance. look what happen to monta.

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 05:13 PM
the summer roster isnt filled with much talent but lets say that one person excels. nelson praises him and gives him all the credit for working hard but when the season comes along, hes the last person on the bench. thats what happen to belinelli last year and hopefully nelly keeps his word this year on using younger players to develop them and let them reach toward their potentials. hopefully wright and belinelli will become better role players if not star players in our rotation during the regular seasons. cmon nelly, give these guys a chance. look what happen to monta.

You must be a recent Dub's fans, othewise you'd recall the Rookies Nelson played heavy minutes during his first tenure with the Dubs: Hardaway, Sprewell, Owens, Webber, Marciulionis. Nelson plays players that are ready, as do most coaches.

You should also know that Belinelli played on a team with the best guards in the leauge. Monta, Jackson, Azubuike and Pietrus all played at the 2 spot and all we're better players than Belinelli Defensively and on the glass. When your the highest scoring team in the NBA, your not going to be too worried about scoring.

I like Belinelli, don't get me wrong, but just don't bash Don Nelson. Nelson, and most coaches play players who can help them win. Their job security depends on it.

And please don't come back with Brandan Wright. Name me 1, 205 pound Power Forward who played in the NBA and was any good? 1 just want 1 name. Cause I can't think of 1 who played part-time and made a significant contribution. He just wasn't big enough to hold his position in the post.

Look at Detroit. Did Amir Johnson or Maxiell sniff any minutes their rookie years? No. Now Maxiell played some minutes for them.

Jimmy3702
07-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Great pickup loved him at Duke.

gswmentality
07-02-2008, 05:24 PM
im not bashing on nelson. i was just trying to say that with the roster we have now, he shouldn't be benching players who can benefit from this kind of situation now that barons gone. nelson has a repuation for not playing youngsters but youngsters like sprewell and hardway who can definityle play from year1 will get to play. i was just trying to say that nelson needs to play rookies this year to get a feel for what they can be for our franchise. im pretty sure the warriors are going to pick up quality players in the offseason so i was just saying nelson needs to have them in our roation.

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 05:28 PM
My apologies for being harsh,
But I just had to explain why our rookies didn't play. Look at Jermaine O'Neal'. His first 3 years he didn't sniff the hardwood and he was heavier, longer, taller and more skilled than Brandan Wright.

All we have on our roster are rookies or youngsters besides Jackson and Al (who may request a trade) so we have no other choice but to play our young guys.

Tmac416
07-02-2008, 05:53 PM
But I just had to explain why our rookies didn't play. Look at Jermaine O'Neal'. His first 3 years he didn't sniff the hardwood and he was heavier, longer, taller and more skilled than Brandan Wright.

All we have on our roster are rookies or youngsters besides Jackson and Al (who may request a trade) so we have no other choice but to play our young guys.

skilled and longer now way. IM telling garlic boy, your sellin him short really bad. I already posted what david thorpe said. i can post his commetns throught out the year on him and you will se by the end of the year he was in love. we wont be 205 come opening tip off. scouts that have come on KNBR have said seriuosly watch out for wright next year. Wright is not going to be playing little minutes next yeat. his time is coming faster and faster The kid wants to be great, he went unc he knows what it takes. Im more sold on him than a lot of otehr young guys in nba. I really dont know what skills your not watching but me and jsut about everyone else can these skilsl that you can not. He is very skilled but you seem to always sugest hes not. When he came out he wasnt projcted as a ok PF. it was a superstar ponteial. Its like as the scouts and others seem to think more and more of wright you just like him less.

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 08:47 PM
skilled and longer now way. IM telling garlic boy, your sellin him short really bad. I already posted what david thorpe said. i can post his commetns throught out the year on him and you will se by the end of the year he was in love. we wont be 205 come opening tip off. scouts that have come on KNBR have said seriuosly watch out for wright next year. Wright is not going to be playing little minutes next yeat. his time is coming faster and faster The kid wants to be great, he went unc he knows what it takes. Im more sold on him than a lot of otehr young guys in nba. I really dont know what skills your not watching but me and jsut about everyone else can these skilsl that you can not. He is very skilled but you seem to always sugest hes not. When he came out he wasnt projcted as a ok PF. it was a superstar ponteial. Its like as the scouts and others seem to think more and more of wright you just like him less.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I and the majority of fans and NBA talent evaluators see Anthony Randolph as a 3, and you don't. From the video I've seen, Randolph definitely has Small Forward skills. You disagree, that's fine.

Let's just wait until summer league a few weeks away and then we can all see the progress of Wright and Randolph. My main issue with Wright is his weight, and yes Jermaine O'Neal is taller and longer(he's 7 feet and a Center) and has more skills, until Wright shows otherwise.

tru_warrior
07-02-2008, 09:32 PM
brandan and randolph should be pretty special. bwright was slated as a top 3 talent during the draft last year. we were lucky to get both of these kids and im sure they will play up to their potential.

and i read from another forum that mykal riley had the second best 3PT% behind shan foster. so thats someone to keep an eye on.

and we already know nelson from duke is real athletic and defense oriented. these two could get a shot with the dubs this year.

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 09:38 PM
With our lack of players, I'm pretty sure that DeMarcus Nelson is going to make the team.

Monta
Azubuike/Marco
Jackson/Randolph/Harrington
Brand(we'll know sooner or later)/Wright/Hendrix
Biedrins

That's ten players, and Nelson already said we're not re-signing Barnes or Croshere. Kosta Perovic is supposed to play in Europe next year.

DeMarcus Nelson is a strong possibility to be signed, or whoever else looks good on our squad.

There also some strong sign and Trade Possibilities with POB, Pietrus and Harrington.

tru_warrior
07-02-2008, 09:48 PM
apparently the heat are interested in POB. i hope Pat gets his shot somewhere.

Azubuike should be a priority. IMO he's our version of Corey Maggette. He has the ability to get to the line often and hit his FT's...can shoot the ball from the perimeter...and plays some good D.

Tmac416
07-02-2008, 10:25 PM
You have your opinion and I have mine. I and the majority of fans and NBA talent evaluators see Anthony Randolph as a 3, and you don't. From the video I've seen, Randolph definitely has Small Forward skills. You disagree, that's fine.

Let's just wait until summer league a few weeks away and then we can all see the progress of Wright and Randolph. My main issue with Wright is his weight, and yes Jermaine O'Neal is taller and longer(he's 7 feet and a Center) and has more skills, until Wright shows otherwise.

no im more open to the idea of randoplh playing the three. lol but my post was about wright. no wrights wingpsan is longer than j oneal. wright is also more ahtletic and can dribble better. you better be as critcal of ranoplh next year. wright has showed what he can. the peple that are working and trainging with him ona dialy basis are saying great things.

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 11:45 PM
no im more open to the idea of randoplh playing the three. lol but my post was about wright. no wrights wingpsan is longer than j oneal. wright is also more ahtletic and can dribble better. you better be as critcal of ranoplh next year. wright has showed what he can. the peple that are working and trainging with him ona dialy basis are saying great things.

Tmac,
You still are saying Wright is better than Jermaine O'Neal. If he is why the heck are we trying to sign Brand? Cause Jermaine O'Neal was a perennial All-Star before injuries occurred.

In regards to Randolph you were pretty adamant about Randolph not being a 3, I'm glad you've changed your stance. Hopefully in regards to Wright, I'll change my stance. As I've said time and time again, I'm concerned with Wright's weight.

I still can't believe that Randolph is only 18 and nearly 2 years younger than Brandan Wright. That is just crazy!!!

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Why couldn't the Dubs sign Big guys like Justin Williams and SF Ndudi Ebi? They signed quite a few guards.

I think this might say something about their faith in our young bigs: Wright Randolph and Hendrix.

I just hope that all the Off Guards on the roster doesn't hint towards an Azubuike exit. I guess they're just covering their -ss in case that happens. Which I hope doesn't.

Tmac416
07-03-2008, 12:08 AM
Tmac,
You still are saying Wright is better than Jermaine O'Neal. If he is why the heck are we trying to sign Brand? Cause Jermaine O'Neal was a perennial All-Star before injuries occurred.

In regards to Randolph you were pretty adamant about Randolph not being a 3, I'm glad you've changed your stance. Hopefully in regards to Wright, I'll change my stance. As I've said time and time again, I'm concerned with Wright's weight.

I still can't believe that Randolph is only 18 and nearly 2 years younger than Brandan Wright. That is just crazy!!!

us going after brand has nothing do with wright develoment. it has to dow tiha legit big man who defintly at the tipty top, is availble you go after him. you better bielve you would ahve seen him at eh 5 at wright at the 4 many times.I was changed my views based off what i started to see and what i read and heard. but no matter how much info, how many reports you dont change on wright. and he is only 1 year younger. wright just turned 20. ranoplh will be turning 19

garlicboy
07-03-2008, 12:16 AM
http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/2008_summer_league_announcement.html

B. Wright was born 10/5/87
Randolph was born 7/15/89

The difference is a 1 year and 9 months, thus MUCH closer to 2 years than a year.

Tmac416
07-03-2008, 12:20 AM
lol oh ok

garlicboy
07-03-2008, 12:22 AM
I'm a hoops junkie. You should know by now that I got my stuff down.

Tmac416
07-03-2008, 12:27 AM
i know. i could have gone at looked it up. but either way it doesnt change my opinion on wirght. He is sitll very young

oracle650
07-03-2008, 01:48 AM
You must be a recent Dub's fans, othewise you'd recall the Rookies Nelson played heavy minutes during his first tenure with the Dubs: Hardaway, Sprewell, Owens, Webber, Marciulionis. Nelson plays players that are ready, as do most coaches.

all those guys were all stars. webber straight outta michigan of course he played. chris was a beast in college. these guys can't be compared to our youngsters. they're pretty much unproven.

oracle650
07-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Demarcus Nelson G from Duke. Outta Sacramento is he a warrior?

Tmac416
07-03-2008, 02:40 PM
he is on our summer league team

oracle650
07-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Former Sheldon High star DeMarcus Nelson has signed a free-agent deal to play with the Golden State Warriors in summer league in Las Vegas and Salt Lake City.

Nelson, undrafted after four seasons at Duke capped by being named Defensive Player of the Year in the Atlantic Coast Conference, has a good chance to get an invitation to training camp. Up-tempo Golden State would be an obvious fit for the athletic combo guard.

The Warriors will play five games in Las Vegas from July 11-19 and then four in Salt Lake City from July 21-25. Brandan Wright, Marco Belinelli, Anthony Randolph and Richard Hendrix are the other familiar names on the summer-league roster.

He should make the team right?

Lincoln Logs
07-03-2008, 04:20 PM
He's a combo guard, but can he play point? I think we're pretty stacked with SGs, especially if Buike resigns. I honestly don't know much about him.

oracle650
07-03-2008, 04:27 PM
this guy is suppossed to be good. he can fit in good with our scheme. he can run and defend. I hope this works. and he's local too. yeah he can run the 1.

mattmvp22
07-03-2008, 05:44 PM
he will def make da team

Tmac416
07-03-2008, 05:57 PM
he will def make da team

hbaha what are you kidding me? yea he has outside shot of posibly making the team. there is exactly nothing garunteed about him making anyones team

giant_til_i_die
07-03-2008, 08:13 PM
he will def make da team

seriously? he'll be very lucky to make the team.

tru_warrior
07-03-2008, 08:24 PM
i don't think he can play the point. correct me if im wrong tmac.

ejdacanay
07-03-2008, 08:25 PM
being a UNC fan I hated Duke., but this guy is pretty remarkable on Defense he has a lot of experience so he may be a steal imo.

tru_warrior
07-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Oracle650...

How did you somehow start a thread about this when you actually posted in the Summer League thread yesterday??

Please read the threads before starting a new one...we have way too many duplicates in here.

Tmac416
07-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Oracle650...

How did you somehow start a thread about this when you actually posted in the Summer League thread yesterday??

Please read the threads before starting a new one...we have way too many duplicates in here.

thank you so much! i was gonna say same thing

tru_warrior
07-03-2008, 08:31 PM
^^i've been feeling your frustration the last few days tmac. and i saw you venting in the Giants forum too haha. i got you man.

Tmac416
07-03-2008, 08:34 PM
i don't think he can play the point. correct me if im wrong tmac.

he can proably play some nba point but he is gonna be battling against cj waston for back up point guard duites who showed he could defintly score and he is still young. So if waston shows he has better grasp of the being a point guard then nelson chances get worse becuase he is undersized and not super athltic for the two. but if we dont resign pietrus and barnes then he we would could really use a defender who could knock down an open j. Bototm line is right now he is a definte long shot to make the team Its not even a sure thing that he is actually in camp. If he can show in the summer league that he might be atleast capable of doing some pg in the nba then he will be in camp. and from there it will only be tougher. I forget the guards name two years ago that was battleing matt barnes out. the kid was like nbdl player of the year and had looked good for us but lost out to matt barnes who i know none of us cared about him or even thought he would make the team

oracle650
07-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Oracle650...

sorry kiddo. i'll put on my mr. mcgoo's next time. :D u ain't mad at ya boy rite tru dub?

tru_warrior
07-03-2008, 08:39 PM
sorry kiddo. i'll put on my mr. mcgoo's next time. :D u ain't mad at ya boy rite tru dub?

you are forgiven :cheers:

tru_warrior
07-07-2008, 10:01 PM
who in here knows who the hell Louis Amundson is...and why he thinks he is good enough to get a guaranteed contract or else he is threatening not to participate in tomorrow's summer league practice?

Tmac416
07-07-2008, 11:06 PM
haha what? is there a link. i want to read about this

tru_warrior
07-12-2008, 02:21 AM
lets try to be efficient and use this summer league thread to discuss stuff about randolph and wright's performance, nelson's chances, etc. instead of starting a new thread everything randolph scores and all that good stuff.

OaklandsFinest
07-12-2008, 03:19 AM

Jermaine O'neal also was less active, less athletic, and very raw. Brandon Wright is light and skinny, but if he gets up to almost Jermaine's weight, his game will diminish. His athleticism is his skill set. Him not "sniffing the hardwood" is not going to make him better.

garlicboy
07-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Jermaine O'neal also was less active, less athletic, and very raw. Brandon Wright is light and skinny, but if he gets up to almost Jermaine's weight, his game will diminish. His athleticism is his skill set. Him not "sniffing the hardwood" is not going to make him better.

Jermain O'Neal is listed as 242 pounds. Are you telling me when Jermaine was younger and lighter it didn't benefit him, but somehow it will benefit Brandan Wright? Tell me how Wright's athleticism/game will diminish with his weight gain? Weight gain helped skinny guys like Dwight Howard, Kobe, TMac, etc, etc, etc. If anything weight gain(20-30 pounds) will help Wright tremendously.

I guess you didn't get to watch the Dub game on NBA TV. Wright was active, but he got outmuscled and subsequently outplayed by unproven rookie Maresse Speights who repeatedly dunked the ball on him. Speights has 30-40 pounds on Wright and he used it to get position on the block and when fighting for rebounds.

garlicboy
07-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Further proof that Speights just outmuscled/outplayed Wright on the glass:
He had 13 boards against the Dubs, and only 5 today matched up primarily against D-leaguers Elton Brown, Mike Hall and Curtis Sumpter.

Brandan Wright looked good playing with a lot of activity and energy, but to imply that if he gains weight he's game will diminish is just ridiculous. Granted you did state JON's weight, but JON is not a big guy or a flabby guy i.e. overweight in any way.